Reunions with the clash of swords (Oikawa)

It was a normal day at the shop, business was kind of below average but it didn't matter much. She had a pretty nice order that filled her pockets, from members of a certain blue themed guild, so now she was basking in the aftermath. It was a good time spend in front of the shop's fireplace with Kimba at her side. She went and checked her friend's list out of curiosity.. or to find a chatting partner when she suddenly stopped at a specific name that was grayed out for quite a while now. 'Oikawa....the faint..' she muttered, instantly getting Kimba's attention as the white lion jumped and took a look at her HUD screen, roaring happily as Ariel mentioned that specific name. She let out a smile and answered her: "Yes, that means King is with him as well." remembering the lion's friend. She selected the option of sending him a PM: 

To: Oikawa - The Faint

Tittle: Reunions

Hey there, it's been a while since I last saw around. You went off the grid out of the blue like that. Meet me and Kimba in the Duel Arena so we can catch up on things. We'll be waiting! See you there.

She pressed send with little hesitation and went to check her gear. It was basically the same as ever, the same short skirt and revealing top, both having a navy patterned on them. Her trusty black rapier was still there as she found no other weapon that could replace it. She looked at Kimba and after all preparations were done, the two made their way towards the appointed place.

"A duel eh? I suppose we never did settle that fight way back then. I accept your challenge lioness." A grin found it's way to his lips as he woke up King for the occasion. The leopard cub yawned and gave him a peculiar look. "I wouldn't wake you if it wasn't important." Satisfied, the cub stretched out before accompanying him to the arena. 

As he entered the Colosseum-styled building, he began to equip his gear. Replacing his current cloak, he donned the Azure General Cloak. White in color, the garment was outlined in gold, with tassels hanging from the shoulders. A citrine badge then appeared and rested against his chest, as his shield Raikiri materialized into is left hand. Last but not least the Amphibian Teeth blade appeared on his left hip. The gates to the arena opened as he approached the entrance. "Well King, looks like its time."

Stepping into the battle ground, Oikawa immediately spotted the navy skirt worn by the blonde Lioness of the Lion's Den. "Ariel, it has been quite some time." Peeking past the blonde, Oikawa spotted Kimba and offered her a wave as well as gesturing for her and King to move to the edge of the arena. "So what will be the rules of this engagement? I imagine no consumables and no familiars correct? Just us one on one?"

"Are you excited to see King again?" asked the blonde her furry partner as the main entrance towards the arena opened before them. The white lioness roared as an expression of her excitement. "I know what you mean." replied the blonde in almost a whisper as they faced the blonde and gray duo. As the tiger went to the side, listening to Oikawa, Kimba didn't even awaited a word from Ariel and went dashing towards him. Jumping on him and happily growling as she was in a direct collision trajectory towards him. In return, Ariel let out a small chuckle.

She quickly assessed his attire and gear, almost bursting into laughter at the sight of his cloak and weapon."The Prodigal Son returns." she said with a smile"And he even gets rewarded." well it was of little concern to her right now. Not that she was the most religious person but it seemed appropriate at this time. "You know, despite what you think about me, I thought we we're at least friends. A farewell or 'see you soon' would've been nice before you went off the grid." The truth was that she feared he'd left for good, like Tyger, Baldur and so many others did. A sad expression would creep on her face, taking over the previous smile. "I was worried you know, I wouldn't stand to lose you too."

Before this scene would get more cheesier she gritted her teeth and help back her emotions, banishing back inside her the memories and old faces that threatened to resurface. It seemed to work for the moment as she regained her normal composure. "Rules, right. For starters I suggest we make the most of our reunion and as we both seem to be one of the few that still wield the rapier. So we should restrict ourselves to the use of only up to rank 3 or 4 sword arts. Other than that, yes.. no consumables and 1 vs 1. You will find the new dueling system very convenient."

With that she walked towards the pedestal in the center and placed a hand on it, confirming her participation to the duel, all that was left is for him to do the same, for them to receive the +300 HP buff.

Stats...in a sec.

"My apologies Ariel. It wasn't my intent to go off the grid the way I did; or at all for that matter." As regret crept along his face, Ariel reluctantly changed the subject back to the fight. He quietly listened as she explained the rules. Eyeing her gear, he realized not much had changed in terms of actual items; however, the aura emitting from the lioness was more than enough reason to be cautious. "And now I get the eerie feeling I should be on my toes from here on out. You're not the same cub from before but rather a lioness with something to protect. And frankly put, there is nothing scarier than that. I look forward to this challenge." Walking to the podium that separated the two blondes, Oikawa placed his hand opposite Ariel's and accepted the challenge. 

As the timer ticked down, Oikawa thought back to their fight back during his time with square One. Although the event in itself was fuzzy to him, he does recall antagonizing the woman before him. He recalled disrespecting her and challenging her pride, all things the normal him would've been against. That side of him purposely tried to mind break her when all she wanted to do was help. What a terrible time that was; however, I am glad to see that she seems to have gotten over the petty banter, though I probably do owe her an apology. But that will have to wait. I have to focus on the now.

"May our rapiers clash and show the arena who bests the other. I wish you luck, though your skill speaks volumes in itself."

'Something to protect?' she thought, looking at the new guild logo near her HP bar. "Maybe you're right." she said with a smile as he placed his hand onto the orb. Now the duel was set and the nor surprisingly normal countdown begun. "Truth be told I had my dose of happiness when I saw you and those two get together after all this time" she said while moving her head towards the direction where their two feline familiars were observing them. Kimba was practically all over King as she was excited to see him and couldn't stop raising her paw...to paw him.

Refocusing on the blond in front of her, despite the new outfit and items she could see his facial expression remained more o less the same. A good indicator that there was still hope that he may be the same Oikawa with whom she went hunting for 'floor bosses' on the first floor during their first meeting. She was fond of those memories and kept them in a special place inside her heart. But that wouldn't stop her from going at him with all she got as they had a score to settled. He hadn't forgotten that time that he was... not himself and had forgiven him long ago for his words BUT he competitive spirit demanded a rematch as their fight ended prematurely.

"Okay let's see what have you been doing all this time, improving your skill... or just slacking off. Also, you know how the rapier was one of the most popular weapons a while ago? Since the sword arts update.... whips and martial arts seem to be competing with the dagger. There are a few of us left rapier wielders left. So lets show them how we fight!"

ID# 41061  LD: 20 (nat) [seems the gods have forsaken you, also we limit ourselves to using rank 3 sword arts at max?.. or go all out?]
Stats:

• HP: 457  /  Level: 38
  • Dmg: 10  /  Mit: 25
  • Acc: 2  /  Eva: 3
  • Savvy: 1 /  Light Momentum: 2
Edited by Ariel - The Crowned Lion

ID: 41180  LD: 17
Stats:

• HP: 433  /  Level: 32
  • DMG: 9  /  MIT: 28
  • ACC: 2  /  Recovery: 2
  • Paralytic Venom: 1 (on BD 7-10) /  Paralysis: 2 (on Opp's BD 8-10)

His iconic smirk showed itself as she mentioned they were the last of a now dying breed. "Tis a shame, I thought we had managed to create a good name for the rapiers too. Ah well." Stepping away from the pedestal in the middle, Oikawa reached for his sheath. Tugging on the hilt, he slowly retrieved Amphibian Teeth from its depths and exposed the blade. Letting the sword twirl in his palm before tightening his grip, he focused on the blonde opposite himself. Offering a more unorthodox stance, he stood with a slight bend in his knees, though relatively straight up. Turning so that his right arm faced Ariel, he seemed more posed to bow than to battle. Despite its looks, he had a plan up his sleeve. As his shield materialized in his left hand, he adjusted the citrine badge against his chest before locking eyes with Ariel. Using the tip of his rapier, he gestured for her to make the first move as the timer expired.

"Bring it on Kayla Ariel D'Sole!"

Edited by Oikawa - The Faint

A smile appeared on her face as he materialized a shield while preparing his stance. "I see you still use that horrific thing."she said with a chuckle while pointing at it with her left hand's index. Of course the shield seemed to be another but she was referring to his strange combination, from her point of view, of a shield and rapier.Reaching for her waist, she slowly drags out the same black bladed rapier with its overall thorn motif meant to instill fear into those fighting against it. She brought it forth, aiming it towards Oikawa while watching the timer countdown.

"No need to taunt me like that." she said with a smile. "I'm bent on coming at you despite what you have planned." As the timer reached 0 she instantly activated he charge mastered sword skill, reaching in front of Oikawa. Next she entered the right pre-move to activate the most powerful permitted sword art. She wasn't going to hold back on him as that would be disrespectful towards both of them. As her weapon gained a golden glow, she slashed 3 times in a reverse triangle pattern around his torso and stomach. It wasn't the most fencing-related move but that was what she had at the moment.

ID# 41484  BD:6 (4+2)  Sword Art: (8) Penetrate - 4x2*(10+4)

Ariel: 457/457 Energy: 30/38
Oikawa: 349/433  Energy: 32/32  84 dmg (112-28 mit)

Oikawa smirked as she mentioned his combination of equipment; mocking it as usual. Rather than retort, he would let his swordplay do the talking. Tightening the grip on his shield, he parted his feet a little more as the timer reached zero. As expected, the lady blonde attacked head on. Unexpected however, was how quickly she closed the gap between them. Her rapier penetrated his torso, before dancing into a triangle fashion as she finished her initial attack. Taken aback by the overwhelming strength of the "Lioness", Oikawa grinned as he recovered from the attack.

"Well well. That was different. It's been a long while since I've taken damage from anybody or anything for that matter. Now allow me to return the favor." As he stepped forward, he lost his footing, making the attack to look like much more of a stumble than an actual threat. Regaining his footing, the male blonde glanced at Ariel. "As pathetic as that was, I don't intend to lose here."

ID: 41487  BD: 3 (4 + 2 - 3)

Ariel: 457/457 Energy: 30/38

Oikawa: 349/433  Energy: 30/32 (-2 E)

The blonde was relieved that her attack caught him off guard, honestly that was all she could do under the terms agreed. They were once at the same level...at a certain time after he even passed her in that. It seems that whatever he was doing during his absence from the front lines wasn't training, as she suspected. She looked at him and tensed up as he gave a warning before setting into motion, just to make a bold statement after his stumble. "Despite your words, it seems that you don't take me serious yet. No problem, let me relieve you of more health points and see if you change your mind." 

The blonde went and activated another lower level sword art. This time she had in mind to stun him and then finish him off with the same sword art she'd use in her first move. It seems that particular plan was going to ruin as she hit his shield and saw the paralysis effect come to life next to her HP bar. "Damn!" she muttered under her breath.

ID# 41484  BD:8 (8+2+1Savvy)  Sword Art: (8) Spica Caliber – 5x1*(10) & Stun

Ariel: 457/457 Energy: 23/38
Oikawa: 327/433  22 dmg (50-28 mit) Stunned

"Despite what you may believe, I do take you seriously. How you perceive my intentions is entirely up to you however. Nonetheless, bring it on!" No sooner than the request had left his mouth, the phrase "be careful what you wish for.." had never seemed more relevant. As she released their highest non-Martial Art stunning sword art, Oikawa braced him self for the blows that would riddle his body. While mitigating half the damage, Oikawa was able to time the stun hit with deflection from his paralysis inducing shield causing both duelists to go numb and become immobile. Dropping to one knee, Oikawa held him self steady with his rapier, as ragged breaths escaped his over-reacting lungs.

This duel isn't over yet. I have quite the bit of ground to make up. My next attack needs to count.

[PAR] Ariel: 457/457 Energy: 30/38

[STN] Oikawa: 327/433  Energy: 32/32 (+3 E)

And there they were,both sitting there face to face without taking any particular action. One would think that they were playing the waiting game and one wouldn't be entirely wrong as each of them supper from a different effect that impeded their mobility. 'That's why I hate shields.' she thought while the paralyzing effect took over her body. She for one hated this or the stun effect as they were too convenient compared to a real fight. But here, she had used it on Oikawa because she was serious about this fight, and promised to respect her opponent and use whatever she had at her disposal to win, even that particular effect. 

[PAR 1/2] Ariel: 457/457 Energy: 24/38 (+1)

Oikawa: 327/433  Energy: 32/32

As the stun effect finally began to wear off, Oikawa gritted his teeth and stood before the still immobile Ariel. "Using a stun technique was something I hadn't expected from you. The attack was perfectly timed might I add. Though now it's my turn." The blonde now realized she was truly gunning fro the win. He had never seen Ariel use such tactics and as such he needed to match her in terms of seriousness and ferocity. Activating the pre-motion for <<Penetrate>> as well as activating <<Charge>>, Oikawa rushed forward and unleashed a volley of the quick thrusts aimed at her joints to continue the paralysis. The status flickered above her and reapplied itself as it took effect once more. "Not that I was holding back to begin with, my earlier display showed nothing of the strength I possess."

ID: 41531  BD: 8 (8 + 2) Penetrate: (9 + 2) x (4 x 2) = 88 - 25 = 53

Ariel: 404/457 Energy: 31/38 (-53) [PAR] re-applied.

Oikawa: 327/433  Energy: 24/32 (-8 E)

Seems like her words were turning back to bite her in the rear as she saw Oikawa preparing for the same sword art she ended using at the beginni. 'Of course he would!' she though, managing to get a smile on her face despite the paralysis. One she finally thought that it seemed that she was due to pay for her hubris as a result of that volley of hits her opponent has just unleashed upon her. 'Now I can see your serious' she thought, awaiting his next move while afterwards making a mental note not to fight him again just for fun. She would have to find a way to get passed by that paralysis effect that she so despised.

[PAR]Ariel: 404/457 Energy: 25/38(+1)

Oikawa: 327/433  Energy: 24/32 

Oikawa caught the flash of a grin that Ariel seemed to exhibit as he finished his assault. However, rather than slow down, he opted to not let up his attack. Quickly motioning for <<Crucifixion>> to activate, Oikawa watched as his blade glowed an intense gold as he once again plunged it into Ariel's frame. He rattled off another 6 thrusts before disengaging and catching a breather. "You asked for my best... this is it. The power of ParaStun as cheesy at it may seem. The results speak for themselves."

ID: 41534  BD: 8 Crucifixion: 9 x (6 x 1) = 56 - 25 = 31

Ariel: 373/457 Energy: 25/38 (-31)  [PAR] re-applied

Oikawa: 327/433  Energy: 19/32 (+1/-6 E)

Despite the paralysis effect, her left brow made slight twitching moves as she had an irritated expression. The source of her irritation?.. why the paralyze icon that restricted her movements to the point of making her stay defenceless in front of the fellow rapier user. This was power of a unique item? she could just guess as she never possessed one but it's no wonder all possessors are seen as basically gods. She hated this feeling of helplessness that she now had. All she could do is watch Oikawa act all high and mighty and show her fangs like a enraged lion.'You just wait... I'll get you.' she thought, driven by some deep desire to stab him where he stood.

[PAR]Ariel: 373/457 Energy: 26/38(+1)

Oikawa: 327/433  Energy: 19/32 

Oikawa, despite the situation and the advantage he currently held, couldn't attack. Every inch of him screamed to attack again and again, but his body refused to move. Knowing Ariel, she'll take this as some form of disrespect and unsportsman-like conduct. Which isn't the case. I can't physically move, much like stun or paralysis, except i can still speak. Looking at Ariel, he offered his best explanation. "I think a side effect of using this sword consecutively, might be temporary paralysis. I can't move my attacking arm at all."

ID: 41601 BD: 1 

Ariel: 373/457 Energy: 25/38

Oikawa: 327/433  Energy: 20/32 (+1)

Seeing Oikawa falter in attacking her, the blonde's eyes shot towards the cursed paralysis icon. A smile creeped on her face as she saw that it start blinking, in the same time she could start moving her left hand's fingers. "Is that some kind of pretense explanation for fear, I know I could be scary sometime but still." she put out a surprised voice as her thought had managed to be spoken. "Don't think I'm gonna let you off the hook just for that!" she said as she executed again the most powerful stunning art she had.It was a cheap shot but she couldn't allow him to use that weapon again. Her blade glowed blue as she aimed for his feet, under his shield but still managed to touch it. "Oh for ....." she began saying until the shield's paralyse removed her speech ability. 'Here we go again...' she thought, expecting his retaliation.

ID# 41604  BD: 10 (nat)  Sword Art: (8) Spica Caliber – 5x1*(10+2) & Stun

Ariel: 373/457 Energy: 19/38(+1/-8)
[STN] Oikawa: 295/433  Energy: 20/32 32 dmg (60-28 mit)

"Fear? Don't be silly Ariel," retorted Oikawa, as he held his ground. As Ariel regained mobility, he went on the defensive. His shield prepared to take whatever she dished out. Her movements were as precise as ever. Recognizing the pattern, he knew that the attack would result in him being stunned and the match all but lost if he didn't stop her. Despite his shield work, the damage came reeling in; however, it came at a cost to her, as her final hit made contact with his shield, instantaneously crippling them both. Down again. This is a pain.

ID: 41606 CD: 11

[PAR] Ariel: 373/457 Energy: 25/38

[STN] Oikawa: 295/433  Energy: 23/32 (+3)

'Yay fun.....not.' Thought the blonde as they once again stood in front of each other, she with a Paralysis icon ..he with a Stun one next to their HP bars. 'Hey a girl can dream...' she wanted to say but found her throat actions restricted by the immobilizing effect. At least she had the satisfaction of bringing her opponent in a similar state and couldn't help but grin. She would watch him stay there like a immovable object with his shield ready to deflect any thread towards its user. 'As I thought... I really hate that thing' she thought, unconsciously making a comparison between their tactics. He'd use a shield and wait to get hit while she would attack head on.

[PAR] Ariel: 373/457 Energy: 20/38(+1)

[STN] Oikawa: 295/433

ooc: let's do us both a favor and don't keep tabs on each one's energy. What say you?

As the effects of being stunned wore off, the blonde stretched his fingers to regain some feeling. Gripping is blade rather tightly after words, he offered, the still paralyzed Ariel, a slight grin. Not one of superiority, or smugness, but rather genuine enjoyment. It had been quite a long time since he had dueled anyone that brought him to this point. Extending his rapier, he set the pre-motion for <Penetrate> before sending the thrusts into her joints again, rendering her to suffer through the affects of paralysis once again. While he felt a twinge of regret for doing this to her, he refused to hold back as that was worse than constantly paralyzing her. It would be more disrespectful than anything to hold back. Though I do feel bad.

ID: 41736  BD: 8 Penetrate: 9 x (4 x 2) = 72 - 25 = 47

[PAR] Ariel: 326/457 (-47) Paralysis Re-applied.

Oikawa: 295/433  Energy: 16/32 (+1/-8)