[PP-F3] Search for the Hoya (Hirru, Macradon)

Today it was one of those days. Zandra had no motivation at all to bee brewing or crafting today. She also started to go low on materials, but going on material hunts was so boring. She sat on a chair and half laid on the table, her arms straight forward. Suddenly she got an idea. She sat up so quickly so the cahir got of balance and she fell backwards. She scratched the back of her head when pushing herself up into standing position. She havent adventured with Macradon for awhile. She opened up her menu and a minute or two later she pressed send.

Hi
Im not having anything special planned today, what you say about doing something? Maybe a quest?
Best regards Zandra

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Macradon was standing and practicing normal swings with his sword. He had missed in many of those fights he had been in, be it player or mobs, and he wanted to master his sword. Even though he was a master swordsman by rank he was not close enough to call himself a master ... He just needed a few more skill points, few ... A letter icon popped up in his HUD, he would press it. It was a message from ... Zandra. "Hm, a quest sounds fine" he thought and would write back a message to Zandra. He would write a bit and also make a few jokes within it.

Hi Zandra!
I am all in for a quest, though I have one criteria:
You don't assault me again (heh)
Where should we meet?
Kind regards
- Macradon.

Standing in his hunting grounds of the third floor, the hunter stared into a piece of parchment that he had kept as a reminder.  He had gained information about all of the field bosses around the current floors.  Upon looking into it, he had realized that the Minotaur twins, of the Forest of Wavering Mists, were not checked off on his list.  He had been on this floor for months.  This forest had been explored several times before.  Why was it only now that he could face the Minotaur duo.  Putting the parchment away, he looked up to the forest edge.  Just a few more steps and he would begin his final venture on this floor.

Just as he was about to start, something would catch his interest.  A sound?  The wind, maybe.  People?  Who was on this floor that would venture into mid-tier monster territory?

Edited by Hirru

Zandra let out a giggle when she red the comment from Macradon about the last adventure, when they fought an elven elder. To prove she wont do it again, maybe head back to that floor and do a quest. She looked thru the guide book. There she found one, it would be pretty easy as well. The search for the Hoya. She had made it earlier,thou she wasnt alone. But her companion was Ebony, that just as her was focused on supporting, Now she would be with someone more  damage dealing player. If she remebered right. She sent away an asnwer and said that she would meet him at floor three. Then she ehrself headed to the warp plaza of Snowfrost town and teleported up, waiting for Mac to arrive.

Macradon would wander to the warp plaza and go to the third floor. The floor where he met Zandra, the floor they did their first adventure and boss killing ... and that time when Zandra attacked Macradon. It was quite a surreal experience, like it didn't happen. Macradon would shake that out of his head and go to the rendezvous point where they would meet up. It was a quest here on the third floor, all he remembered was the big angry Minotaurs, they were easily killed one by one when Macradon first cleared the quest by himself, this time he was with Zandra and in a higher level, they should be fine then. He would spot a familiar figure not long from his eyesight. He would walk towards the figure as he slowly saw who the person was. "Hey, Zandra!" he would say. Macradon was wearing his usual attire. His green robes and his armor. "What's up?" he would say.

Looking into noise would be his undoing.  The Forest of Wavering Mist was called that for a reason.  The entire area was covered in a thick fog that obscured ones vision for long distances, while also having the added effect of making the player map a static mess.  Only landmarks and quest objectives would be visible on a map, but terrain was not.  People were left to their own devices to get through, or they could enlist in a guide to help them.  The hunter knew his way around certain parts of the forest, but it was easy to get lost in these woods.  One could easily go in circles for days, if they didn't know what was going on.

This would happen to the hunter as he investigated the noise.  After some searching, he ended up back where he came from.  He would sigh feeling slightly defeated over forgetting such an oversight.

Zandra saw the white haired man she had adventured with a couple of times aproach her and greet her. She answered with a friendly smile.''Heya Mac. Hmm... whats up?'' she looked sligthly up and scratched her chin so it looked like she was thinking.''Hmm...'' Then she turned to Mac.''Now I know, Im standing here and waits for you.'' she said to tease him and stretched out her tongue. Thou all in a friendly way. When she saw Mac wa all geared up she opened her own inventorys to prepare for the travel into the forest, to kill those minotaurs again. She smirked.''So, you have also done this quest before right?'' she said when she was done and looked at him.

He would chuckle slightly at Zandra's remark. Sure she waited for him. He would see that Zandra would gear up for the quest. Macradon would think through it. Quest on the 3rd floor, it could only be the Hoya one. He had already done it twice now, but doing it again won't be a bother. "Yeah I've done it" Macradon said. He would look through his inventory if there was anything he wanted to add on his equipment instead of what he had on now. Nope. He did have his unique breastplate but it wouldn't really help him that much in this fight. He'd rather have the mitigation than having the recovery, thorns and unfreeze. It wasn't like this mob was going to freeze root them or anything. It was just 2 minotaurs, they didn't even have to fight both. "If you're ready we should head out!" he said.

Having walked through the forest many times in search of the ruins that the minotaurs were supposed to protect, the hunter seemed to continue finding himself at the entrance of forest.  It may have been because of his impatience, but he would keep trying.  Over and over again, he would wander until finding himself back at the start.  It was beginning to tick him off slightly, but he wouldn't have this take him over.  Taking a seat next to one of the trees, he would start rationalizing what could be going on.  At some point in time, he could have activated the wrong section divider.  The forest was essentially a large maze that liked to twist and turn on its own, if not regulated by constant hunting.  If he could get to the Minos, the hunter would be able to stop this, but that was only after learning the pattern that the land kept from him.

Sighing, the hunter would rest beside the tree.  Maybe someone or something would come along to ease his frustration.

Mac suggested they should head out if she was ready."Well, I am as ready as I can be." She started to walk into the forest, searching for the crypt."So Mac, when you did this quest before, was it solo or together with someone?" She looked at him, her as a support could always need some help on the damage or tanking side. But now she have started to work up her damage as well, almost master at her whip and then its just one more rank to max it out. She looked around while listening to Macradons answer, but no minotaur nor building was in sight at the moment.

The two of them would begin their walk into the forest, Macradon pretty much knew most of the route himself as he had done it twice by now. "The first time I did the quest was solo, it wasn't that difficult, the only problem I had was that I was pretty much new to my weapon and wasn't used to its size, giving me a harder time hitting the minotaurs. But now that I'm a master swordsman I'm more than capable of hitting those minotaurs ... hopefully" he said with a grin.  

(Time to fight something!)

It was his third attempt at it which would bear fruit.  Third time really was the charm, to be sure.  The hunter found himself in front of the ruins which would be guarded from either end by a single Minotaur.  The challenge was just to kill one of the two, but the hunter would not let this chance get away.  He would slay them both, but to do so, he would need to face one at a time.  Their aggro ranges didn't cross until the entrance to the ruins, but fighting both wasn't something he wanted to deal with.  One at a time, he would fight them.

The hunter approached the northern Minotaur which caught its attention.  Pressing into the first attack, he would engage with Solace in hand.  The first swing would miss its vector giving the creature a chance to act.  With enough timing, the hunter was able to jump back quickly enough to avoid the great axe that it wielded in its dominant hand.

Spoiler

[ID: 45001]
[BD: 2+2=4] Miss
[MD: 1] Miss

[Hirru - 76/76 hp // 17/19 en] (-2 en)

[Minotaur - 45/45 hp]

Edited by Hirru

The alchemist and the blacksmith was walking their way thru the forest. Zandra held her whip at the ready, prepared to be attacked in any moment. Thats when both of them herd a sound, it sounded like someone was fighting something. Zandra looked at Macradon for a second before she nooded and darted towards the sound as fast she could, didnt cared about the branches that whiped her in the face, a few bruises was nothing compared with letting someone die when you could have saved them. Thou she didnt had any idea at all what player it was that was fighting. Maybe the person had no problem at all, but she wouldnt take a guess.

When she bursted out from between two trees she saw the source of the sound. She was right that it was a fight. On one side was a player. A black haired boy holding a one handed stright sword. His opponent was a huge fantasy creature, the minotaur. But she had herd there was two of them in the quest. And she was right. Behind the black haired boy she could see a huge shadow getting closer. She didnt hesitated, started to charge up her <Cross Judgement> and rushed towards the shape.''DUCK!'' she screamed to the boy when she ran pass him and activated her swprd art. The cross at the tip of the whip was swunged two times, the first one from up to down and the other from right to left, making a red religious cross on the creature. She saw the health of it dropping down to zero and then it exploded into a thousands white and blue pixels.

Spoiler

ID: 45443
BD: 9 Crit +1 7+1=8x2x3=48 Damage <Cross judgement>

Hirru: 76/76 (17/19) H: 1
Zandra: 128/128 (26/32) H: 2
Macradon: xx/xx (xx/xx) H: 0

Minotaur 1: 45/45
Minotaur 2: 0/45 DEAD

Spoiler

Minotaur_Profile_zps7urc5qmx.png
HP: 45
Damage: 24

Edited by Zandra Zvift

[I don't even remember what level I was when we started this ... I'd just say I was 18 atm.]

Macradon could hear it as well. Some one was fighting something, probably the minotaur. Macradon nodded towards Zandra and the two of them would go as fast as possible to the location. Macradon would hurry. Even though the person fighting might be ok, it could easily be a difficult fight for someone inexperienced. He would rush at the location with Zandra, smacking the branches away before him before he would get to the spot.  Zandra would go after the one coming from the behind they boy so Macradon would do the smartest and go for the one the boy was facing. Because Zandra could take care of the minotaur alone, Macradon should just go after the other. With a quick movement he did his <Astral Hell> sword art and cleaved 7 times through the big creature. Macradon would pant after doing this, as the running and the sudden sword art would make him slightly tired. "You ok?" he said while looking back at the boy. The big minoatur fell backwards and scattered into crystals and dust, slowly disappearing.

ID: 45515
BD: 5+1=6, hit. Astral hell 7x1x8=56 Dmg.
LD: 17

- Health list - 
  Macradon: 82/82
Energy: 11/18

Zandra: 128/128
Energy: 26/32

Hirru: 76/76
Energy: 17/19

Minotaur 1: -11/45. + Mat, + 225 Col.
Minotaur 2: 0/45.

Edited by Macradon

This was a weird turn of events, indeed.  A shout to him would make him duck out of the way, of a sword art.  Before he knew it, the other Minotaur had begun an aggro path to him, but was stopped by a female warrior with a long extensive weapon.  After that, another flash of sword arts would destroy the one that he was fighting.  Not only did he fail in killing the minotaurs, but they were stolen from him by two adventurers.  Where was the code of the hunt?  Though, it didn't matter much for it.  The creatures were dead, and his objective was completed for the most part.  The hunter sighed before sheathing Solace.  That would be the moment that a voice came to him.  Very familiar, as if it had not been several days.

"Yeah I... Macradon?"

The jade hunter would question as he looked on at the two handed fighter that he had met some time ago.

When the pixels from the firt slayed minotaur had started to fade, Zandra turned around to check how the man was feeling. Then she saw Macradon charging and slaying the other minotaur as well. She took a closer look at the man, and it seemed he actually had the situation under control. Hopefully he didnt rhougth that bad about them. They have came out of nowhere and kill-stealed the two mobs that was guarding the place for the quest she and Mac was on. She walked to the man and stretched out her hand towards him.''Hi, my name is Zandra, its a pleasure to meet you.'' she said with a friendly smile. But when she looked at him she saw that he ignored him and seemed to have all his focus on Macradon. It looked like they had met before so she took a step back to let them greet each others first before interrupting.

Macradon would take a closer look at the boy he just 'saved'. "Hey ... Hirru!" he said with a smile. "Long time no see" he said as he would stand straight and put his sword back up on his back. "Sorry to steal your kills, but were were on the Hoya quest. We suddenly heard fighting and thought someone was in danger, but now that I look at it, you probably had everything under control" he said with a slight blush. He wasn't that fond of stealing kills like that, but it was a misunderstanding. Hopefully Hirru would take it it fine. Standing behind Hirru was Zandra, trying to introduce herself. "Oh yeah, and behind you is Zandra, I've been adventuring with her quite some times now" he said with a smile and gestured with his arm towards Zandra so Hirru could see her properly and probably greet her.

The hunter would give a slight laugh as he found himself in company of someone familiar.  Just glancing at Macradon, he could not find anything different about him, but he could tell that the two handed swordsman was much stronger than before.  While listening to his explanation, he understood that it wasn't really their fault then.  This was the third floor, and anyone that was still hunting around these parts was certain to be a lower level adventurer.  

"I understand; it's fine."

Nodding, the hunter would then be introduced to Zandra, a whip user that he did hear, but was too distracted by Macradon to give a proper response.  He wasn't a good listener for nothing.

"My apologies. I'm Hirru."

He would say as he held out his own hand to Zandra as she tried to do before being interrupted.  

Edited by Hirru

When the man stretched forth his hand towards Zandra she took a step forward and shaked it.''No need to apology, I understand youre attention goes to someone familiar then just some stranger.'' she said friendly. Then she looked at where the two minotaurs just had been vanished.''So, are you also doing the Hoya quest? It should be right here somewhere right?'' Zandra asked the green-haired man and released the grip of his hand. If she didnt remebred wrong, it was here somewhere that she and Ebony had found the entrance to the altar where they found the braclet.

Macradon would look around in the area. It wasn't familiar as it was used to be. "I see. Not only does the Hoya change in appearance. Even the puzzle of the quest is randomized" he said. He didn't recognize it at all. First when he was doing the quest he had to fight the Minotaurs at a temple plaza for then to find the entrance into the temple. In the temple were traps and a big maze he had to figure out and find the Hoya. The second time he did the quest was first finding the entrance of the maze to then get to the temple where the Hoya was on an altar with the two minotaur standing guard. It was a bit too complicated for a 3rd level quest ... but what ever would be satisfying for more tries at the quest. "Let's get started ..." he said and would sigh a bit, trying to find what they were looking for.