SP - F13 Roaming the Thirteenth Floor (11th Day of Material Hunting / Gathering)

After getting himself ready Calrex exited out of the Amethyst Boutique, a smile on his face before giving a calming breath, putting his hands into his jacket pockets, "It's certainly been a while since I've gone on a dedicated material gathering trip. Hopefully I haven't lost too much of the touch."

Swiping on his menu he confirmed all of gear was ready. First was his Grand Dragoon heavy armor, which consisted of a simple pair of pauldrons and poleyns, which fit nicely over his casual combat clothing. Following this was the two accessories that always remained on him, the Amethyst Charm and Tide Pendant. The latter hung around his neck, while the former attached to the handle of the Grand Blade. Finally, the bluenette confirmed that his blue peregrine falcon familiar, Roc, was soaring overhead, his partner letting out a confirming screech before moving away from the shop.

Glancing back the Ultramarine Knight saw more scratches on the exterior of the shop, giving a small sigh as he shook his head. It was only yesterday that his wife Teayre and he had completed yet another dungeon, but immediately following afterwards she had asked to have some alone time on the lower floor. It was the first day in quite a while that he was on his own, "Might as well give her something beneficial to come back to. Maybe if I get lucky I can get enough col that we don't have to worry about the cost of buying a house once we find the floor we'd like to create it on."

With a final selection from his inventory he grasped the Rank 3 damage potion he had recently purchased from Zandra's sale, popping the top and drinking down the contents, wiping some that dripped down his chin with the back of his hand, "In any case, best get to work."

Damage Rank 3 Potion Consumed (+3 to DMG for thread)

Edited by Calrex
  • Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Calrex

ID: 44015
Battle Dice: 1 (Accuracy +3) = 4 (Disregarded Due to No Action Taken)
Mob Dice: 1 (Evasion +2) = -1

"Alright, here comes mob number one..."

Due to the nature of the thirteenth floor, it wasn't long before Calrex came across one of the numerous corrupted humans that wandered the graveyard-themed area. Giving a small sigh he casually drew the Grand Blade from its sheath, flicking it into a hammer grip, "Guess now would be as good a time as any to warm up. Alright then."

Right as the bluenette came into detection range the creature turned, its glowing red eyes locked onto its target before shambling towards him. It wasn't as much of a slow walk like a zombie would, yet slower than a normal human would move at, a symbol of the lack of intelltigence due to its berserk state. Its sickle raised high before coming down, cutting through air as Calrex leaned his body to the side.

However, when he slashed to retaliate the leftover momentum from the creature's initial attack forced it to keel over and flop across the ground, the Ultramarine Knight's blade flying far clear of the mark, "Whelp, I did say I should use this to warm up. Guess this was a good idea after all."

Quickly swiping on his inventory Calrex produced the chocolate bar he had purchased from Ssendom's shop, promptly munching it down, "With this at least I'll get a good chance of gaining more bonus loot from these upcoming battles."

HP List
Calrex: 289/289
   Energy: 56/56

Enemies:
Corrupted Knight: 145/145
DMG: 39
MIT: 37

Chocolate Bar Used - +2 to LD for thread (+5 Modifier total)

Edited by Calrex

ID: 44016
Battle Dice: 9 (Accuracy +3) = 12 (+1 Damage)
Mob Dice: 6 (Evasion +2) = 4
Loot Dice: 10 (+5 Total Modifier) = 15 (Bonus Loot)
Sword Art <<Meteor Break>> Activated / <<Charge>> Activated

"Alright, there's the opening."

Right after munching down on the chocolate bar Calrex rushed forward, his <<Charge>> ability triggering as he blasted forward with lightning speed towards the recovering creature. The Grand Blade lit up with a shining golden aura as he used <<Meteor Break>>, initiating the attack with an opening shoulder charge

As the corrupted human was staggered by the attack the rest of the attack followed as he slashed into the creature with multiple cuts before charging again, leading with his elbow so that he struck with the point, following again with another series of slashes. For a finishing blow he leapt straight upwards, bringing his sword above his head before coming down with a falling slash, cutting through so that his sword exited creature, slicing it in half before it burst into crystals.

Flicking his sword as if cleaning debris off of it the Ultramarine Knight resheathed the Grand Blade into its scabbard, seeing the loot window appear, "Ok, next..."

Loot List:
1 Material
Bonus Loot: 725 col (Mob HP 145 * 5 col = 725)

HP List
   Energy: 45/56 (-11)

Enemies:
Corrupted Knight: -16/145 (10+3+3+1+1 DMG * 11 Art - 37 MIT = 161)

Edited by Calrex

ID: 44019
Battle Dice: 8 (Accuracy +3) = 11
Mob Dice: 10 (Evasion +2) = 8 (+2 Damage)
Loot Dice: 4 (+5 Total Mod) = 9 (No Bonus Loot)
Sword Art <<Meteor Break>> Activated / <<Charge>> Activated (11 Energy Used / 1 Recovered / 35 Remaining)

With one battle over it seemed to be like opening the flood gate. Only mere moments after Calrex completed his fight with the first corrupted human, another appeared, this one seemingly even more enraged than the previous creature. It moved with relentless drive, coming upon the Ultramarine Knight, who gave a small sigh as he saw the creatures blade already inches from his shoulder.

"Guess you're next."

Right as the blade cut into him the bluenette raised up his arm, stopping the weapon's path as he unleashed his own attack, <<Meteor Break>> combined with <<Charge>> Since he rushed from such a close distance his opening shoulder strike slammed into the corrupted human with almost excessive force, the impact striking into the monster's stomach before he slashed in a flurry of blows, ending with another fall slash to end the battle.

This time it seemed his spoils were not as beneficial, only receiving the base loot of a single material, "Well, so much for that. At least the battle is over. Now for the next one."

Loot List:
1 Material

HP List
Calrex: 288/289 (39+2 DMG - 60 MIT = 1 Minimum DMG)
   Energy: 35/56 (-11+1)

Enemies:
Corrupted Knight 2: -5/145 (10+3+3+1 DMG * 11 Art - 37 MIT = 150)

Edited by Calrex

ID: 44031
Battle Dice: 5 (Accuracy +3) = 8
Loot Dice: 8 (+5 Total Mod) = 13 (Bonus Loot)
Sword Art <<Meteor Break>> Activated / <<Charge>> Activated (11 Energy Used / 1 Recovered / 25 Remaining)

"...and here comes number three..."

Hearing the groans of the third corrupted human rushing at him Calrex gave a small breath, leaning to the side once again as the monster brought its blade down, attempting to cleave his head. However, without the added weight of the Grand Guard slowing him down. Tightening his grip on the Grand Blade it glowed once again with the shining golden hue of <<Meteor Break>>. Initiating the opening shoulder tackle his <<Charge>> activated once again, adding more strength to the attack before he ripped into the monster with his sword, unleashing slash after slash until ending it with a finishing strike, cutting the corrupted human diagonally before it burst into crystals.

"Well, it seems that potion is really coming in handy."

"Ok, that's a third one down. Looks like I've got two more Meteor Breaks left in me before I need to rest and recover. Still, not too bad for my first five battles. Probably nowhere close to what Dom can generate, but still something to get by."

Loot List:
1 Material

HP List
Calrex: 288/289 (39+2 DMG - 60 MIT = 1 Minimum DMG)
   Energy: 25/56 (-11+1)

Enemies:
Corrupted Knight 3: -5/145 (10+3+3+1 DMG * 11 Art - 37 MIT = 150)

Edited by Calrex

ID: 44034
Battle Dice: 9 (Accuracy +3) = 12 (+1 Damage)
Loot Dice: 6 (+5 Total Mod) = 11 (Bonus Loot)
Sword Art <<Meteor Break>> Activated / <<Charge>> Activated (11 Energy Used / 1 Recovered / 15 Remaining)

Finally having some time to move between fights Calrex put his hands into his jacket pockets as he moved a small distance away. He hadn't even left sight of the Amethyst Boutique before the first battle, and only now did the shop become about half of its original size in his field of view, "Alright, there should be another one showing up soon enough..."

Hearing the creature to his right the bluenette turned to face his incoming opponent, drawing the Grand Blade once again as it glowed with the shining golden aura of his <<Meteor Break>> attack, "Right on time..."

Right as he saw the red of the creature's eyes he blasted forward with his <<Charge>> skill, slamming into the creature before he slashed it to ribbons with his Sword Art. As the creature burst into crystals, the loot window showed the basic bonus loot for the third time. By this point he had gotten back the col he had spent purchasing the chocolate bar from Dom's shop and a little more.

"Alright, one more battle before I take a short rest. Too bad I don't have any stronger area of effect Sword Arts, but that's the breaks I guess."

Loot List:
1 Material

HP List
Calrex: 288/289
   Energy: 15/56 (-11+1)

Enemies:
Corrupted Knight 4: -16/145 (10+3+3+1+1 DMG * 11 Art - 37 MIT = 161)

Edited by Calrex

ID: 44036
Battle Dice: 6 (Accuracy +3) = 9
Craft Dice: 12 (Battle Healing Activated)
Mob Dice: 10 (Evasion +2) = 8 (+2 Damage)
Sword Art <<Meteor Break>> Activated / <<Charge>> Activated (11 Energy Used / 1 Recovered / 5 Remaining)

"Guess this makes number five."

This sentence escaped Calrex's lips as he felt another blade sink into his neck. The attack would have been the end of him in real life, but his mitigation worked on his entire avatar, not just the points covered in armor. The weapon only moved half an inch before it stopped.

Turning around the bluenette targeted the creature attached to the weapon, a stoic expression on his face before he kicked it away, rushing forward and releasing <<Charge>>, unleashing the <<Meteor Break>> Sword Art for the fifth time. Ripping into the creature with his blade he alternated his attacks, at one point impaling the creature in the gut before turning his shoulder in on contact with the Grand Blade's hilt, knocking it off his sword before leaping upwards, bringing his blade down and bisecting it vertically.

With the creature vanishing into crystals once again the Ultramarine Knight gave a small sigh, "That's done. Guess now it's time to recover my energy before resuming."

Loot List:
1 Material

HP List
Calrex: 289/289 (39+2 DMG - 60 MIT = 1 Minimum DMG) (+15 Battle Healing)
   Energy: 5/56 (-11+1)

Enemies:
Corrupted Knight 5: -5/145 (10+3+3+1 DMG * 11 Art - 37 MIT = 150)

Edited by Calrex

(2 Posts Remaining Until Full Energy Recharge)

ID: 44048
Loot Dice: 15 (+5 Total Mod = 20 (Materials Found)

Keeping his eyes peeled for any potential enemies that locked onto his location, Calrex decided to search for some materials while he was recovering his energy. Looking upwards he gave a nod to Roc, who had changed his flight pattern to one of overwatch, rather than assisting combat tactics. "Well, let's see if there's anything of use on this floor other than what the creatures of this floor seem to carry."

To his surprise, it wasn't long before he found something of potential use. Growing at the base of one of the gravestones was a couple of roses with light gray petals. They didn't appear to be dead, and upon further inspected the flowered seemed to have pearl white stems. The entire appearance seemed porcelain to some extent. Plucking them from their place the bluenette added them to his inventory, seeing that they indeed qualified as materials, "Alright that's good to know. Roses on graves are suitable."

Loot List:
2 Materials

HP List
   Energy: 6/56 (+1)

Edited by Calrex

(1 Post Remaining Until Full Recharge)

ID: 44165
Loot Dice: 18 (+5 Total Mod) = 23 (Materials Found)

Now that he had an idea of where to look for potential materials Calrex began to inspect amongst the gravestones. It didn't take long for him to find yet another pair of grave roses, which he easily plucked and added to his inventory, "Well, it seems this floor has the materials in clusters of two, unlike the lower floors where they're more abundant, yet spread apart."

Getting back to his feet the bluenette dusted off his hands, giving a small sigh, "Alright, shouldn't be much longer before my energy fully replenishes. Then I can get back to taking on some more creatures in this area."

HP List
   Energy: 7/56 (+1)

Edited by Calrex

(Energy Fully Replenished)

ID: 44170
Loot Dice: 3 (+5 Total Mod) = 8 (No Materials Found)
<<Stonewall>> Mod Deactivated (+1 Evasion / Overhealth Removed)

"Alright, looks like I've about plucked this area dry of materials. Good timing, because my energy is back to full."

Seeing that the blue bar beneath his health had replenished to full Calrex got back to his feet, giving a calming exhale, "Guess it's time to start finding my next opponents then."

Gripping the hilt of the Grand Blade the bluenette drew the wide straight sword from its sheath, raising it high. However, as he did so a roar of pain could be heard in close proximity to where he was standing. Closing his eyes for a second the Ultramarine Knight's smile vanished as his calm appearance took over his expression, "So, I don't need to use Howl after all. This floor certainly is great for someone looking to fight all the time. Well then..."

Turning to face the direction of the cry Calrex lowered himself into his fighting stance, "Let's see how this goes..."

Swiping on his menu he deactivated his <<Stonewall>> mod. Looking he saw about a fifth of his original health bar vanish, but also felt his body become a bit lighter, closer to the speed he was accustomed to for the longest time.

HP List
Calrex: 229/229
   Energy: 56/56 (+All)

Stat Changes:
Stonewall Deactivated (HP 289 -> 229 / Evasion +2 -> +3)

Edited by Calrex

ID: 44173
Mob Dice: 7 (Evasion +3) = 4
No Action Taken

Right as he saw the corrupted human appear the bluenette looked and saw the creature attempt to strike at him. This time around, this creature seemed to be carrying a scythe designed for cleaving long stretches of crops for harvest, "Looks like the AIs have decided to go with actual farmers this time."

The red-eyes farmer brought its blade back before bringing it across in a long swing, but the movement was slow enough that Calrex easily side flipped over the attack, landing only a few paces to the right of where he was standing earlier. However, the maneuver ended up wasting his opening to attack. With a small sigh the bluenette readied himself, "Once another opening presents itself I'll finish this."

HP List
   Energy: 56/56

Enemies:
Corrupted Farmer: 145/145

Edited by Calrex

ID: 44177
Battle Dice: 6 (Accuracy +3) = 9
Mob Dice: 2 (Evasion +3) = -1
Sword Art <<Meteor Break>> Activated / <<Charge>> Activated (11 Energy Used / 45 Remaining)

With another quick dodge an opening did present itself once again as the corrupted farmer tried to swing its scythe once again. This time instead of leaping over the incoming sweeping slash Calrex instead triggered <<Charge>>, the four diamond-shaped petals appearing in front of him similar to a gateway. Running through his speed instantly turned him into a blur as he triggered his <<Meteor Break>> Sword Art. The Grand Blade's golden glow turned into a blur as he slammed into the mob's torso before he ripped into it with his sword.

Finishing the creature off the bluenette gave a sigh of relief as he looked at the loot window, seeing that he only got the base type of loot, "Well, can't win every time right?"

Loot List:
1 Material

HP List
   Energy: 45/56 (-11)

Enemies:
Corrupted Farmer: -5/145 (10+3+3+1 DMG * 11 Art - 37 MIT = 150 DMG)

Edited by Calrex

ID: 44192
Mob Dice: 6 (Evasion +3) = 3
No Action Taken (1 Energy Recovered / 46 Remaining)

Turning around Calrex looked and saw that another farmer was already coming at him from his right side. With a small sigh he looked quickly ducked, rolling out of the way of the incoming hoe, which cut into the ground where he was standing a few seconds ago. Kicking out of the roll the bluenette got to his feet, seeing that the corrupted human had turned to face him, its face contorted with pain as its red eyes seemed like they were going to pop out of its head.

"Guess this is going to be a repeat of earlier. I just hope I can get some better loot than just materials."

HP List
   Energy: 46/56 (+1)

Enemies:
Corrupted Farmer 2: 145/145

Edited by Calrex

ID: 44195
Battle Dice: 4 (Accuracy +3) = 7
Craft Dice: 10 (Battle Healing Success)
Mob Dice: 9 (Evasion +3) = 6 (+1 Damage)
Loot Dice: 12 (+5 Total Mod) = 17 (Bonus Loot)
Sword Art <<Meteor Break>> Activated / <<Charge>> Activated (11 Energy Used / 1 Recovered / 36 Remaining)

"...aaand here we go again."

Blasting forward once again with his <<Charge>> skill Calrex unleashed <<Meteor Break>> again, slamming into the farmer with his shoulder before unleashing the rapid flurry of slashes from the golden aura-coated Grand Blade. Finishing off the creature almost as quickly as the battle started the bluenette gave a small sigh, "Well, that's done and over with."

Looking at his health bar he saw it had dropped, but was immediately replenished because his <<Battle Healing>> skill had triggered, "Guess these guys really aren't much of a challenge at the moment. In any case, I'm not doing this for that. This is specifically a material and col gathering excursion."

Loot List:
1 Material

HP List
Calrex: 229/229 (39+1 DMG - 60 MIT = 1 Minimum DMG) (+12 Battle Healing)
   Energy: 36/56 (-11+1)

Enemies:
Corrupted Farmer 2: -5/145 (10+3+3+1 * 11 Art - 37 MIT = 150 DMG)

Edited by Calrex

ID: 44199
Battle Dice: 5 (Accuracy +3) = 8
Mob Dice: 7 (Evasion +3) = 4
Loot Dice: 16 (+5 Total Mod) = 21 (Bonus Loot)
Sword Art <<Meteor Break>> Activated / <<Charge>> Activated (11 Energy Used / 1 Recovered / 26 Remaining)

Looking behind him as he heard yet another angry groan Calrex turned around to see another farmer coming at him, this time wielding a simple sickle to try and slash at him. However, once again his speed allowed him to easily evade the swipes before he rammed into the corrupted human, knocking it back so that he had room to trigger <<Charge>> and <<Meteor Break>>. Flying forward he cut through the monster once again before it burst into crystals.

Checking his loot list the bluenette gave a sigh of relief as he saw that he had gained another bit of col from the battle. "Good, another set of col. I'll need to check where I'm at in a bit."

Loot List:
1 Material
Bonus Loot: 1 Material + 725 col (Mob HP 145 * 5 col = 725)

HP List
   Energy: 26/56 (-11+1)

Enemies:
Corrupted Farmer 3: -5/145 (10+3+3+1 * 11 Art - 37 MIT = 150 DMG)

Edited by Calrex

ID: 44201
Battle Dice: 4 (Accuracy +3) = 7
Mob Dice: 8 (Evasion +3) = 5
Loot Dice: 9 (+5 Total Mod) = 14 (Bonus Loot)
Sword Art <<Meteor Break>> / <<Charge>> (11 Energy Used / 1 Recovered / 16 Remaining)

"Another one coming already? Alright then...I think we really need to get on clearing this floor. The whole crazed corrupted human shtick is starting to become a little old."

Activating <<Charge>> Calrex rushed forward through the four dark blue diamond petals that had formed, readying <<Meteor Break>> at the same time. The golden aura covered the <<Grand Blade>> once again as he slammed into the monster before he rapidly cut through the creature with the series of slashes linked to his Sword Art before ending the combo with another powerful falling slash.

The creature burst into crystals as the bluenette checked the loot window, seeing the loot window show that he had gained more col from the battle, "Awesome, but it looks like I'm almost out of energy once again. Guess I'd better get ready to rest up."

Loot List:
1 Material

HP List
   Energy: 16/56 (-11+1)

Enemies:
Corrupted Farmer 4: -5/145 (10+3+3+1 * 11 Art - 37 MIT = 150 DMG)

Edited by Calrex

ID: 44204
Battle Dice: 2 (Accuracy +3 / Disguise +1) = 6
Mob Dice: 1 (Evasion +3 / Disguise +1) = -3
Loot Dice: 18 (+5 Total Mod) = 23 (Bonus Loot)
Sword Art <<Meteor Break>> Activated / <<Charge>> Activated (11 Energy Used / 1 Recovered / 6 Remaining)

As yet another creature approached the Ultramarine Knight the bluenette turned, focusing his senses on his tenth target, "Last one for now. Ready...now!"

Triggering his <<Charge>> and <<Meteor Break>> techniques once again Calrex flew forward, charging and cutting through the fifth corrupted farmer with the golden aura-coated Grand Blade, ending the attack with a fierce stab. The attack pierced through the monster before it burst into crystals, concluding the battle.

Checking his loot window Calrex saw that there appeared to be double the amount of col he had been getting for the past series of battles, "Alright, looks like my luck isn't completely out just yet. Now...to rest a little bit."

Loot List:
1 Material
Bonus Loot: 1 Material + 1450 col (Mob HP 145 * 10 col = 1450)

HP List
   Energy: 6/56 (-11+1)

Enemies:
Corrupted Farmer 5: -5/145 (10+3+3+1 * 11 Art - 37 MIT = 150 DMG)

Edited by Calrex

(2 Posts Remaining Until Full Recharge)

ID: 44205
Loot Dice: 10 (+5 Total Mod) = 15 (No Materials Found)

"Alright, no combat for a bit, time to do some scavenging around."

With a sigh Calrex stretched his arms before resheathing the Grand Blade, beginning to scan around for any traces of materials. Unfortunately, this time around it seemed that there were no objects hidden in the environment that he could deem useful. There weren't even any roses among the gravestones. Giving a small sigh the bluenette got to his feet, dusting off his hands, "Well, no luck there."

Swiping on his menu he checked his inbox, seeing that there was no messages that came in from Teayre, "Guess that's a good sign. She hasn't fallen into trouble. No surprise, she's take to take on groups of mobs and I usually have to fight one at a time."

Putting his hands into his pockets the bluenette ruffled some hair behind his head before looking around some more, "Still, hope she's doing alright. This is the second time she's gone off without much warning. I know she needs that time to think, but it's not exactly a vote of confidence either. I mean, I'm her husband. I would hope she'd try to rely on me a bit more."

Giving a small sigh of defeat the Ultramarine Knight looked around, "Well, let's see if I can find anything else before I get started fighting mobs again."

HP List
   Energy: 7/56 (+1)

Edited by Calrex

(1 Post Until Full Recharge)

ID: 44207
Loot Dice: 3 (+5 Total Mod) = 8 (No Materials Found)

"Still no luck so far. Guess this area doesn't have as many materials around."

Dusting his hands off once again Calrex gave a small sigh as he stood back up. Seeing yet another flash from his energy bar the bluenette put his hands into his pockets, "Alright, just a few more seconds and I should be good to go then. Hopefully my luck keeps up. I'd rather avoid a string of battles that only give materials. It's not a loss, but I'd prefer a bit more of a gain, heh."

Giving another stretch the bluenette looked up, seeing that Roc was mirroring his flight pattern to the his actions, now circling around to make sure no creatures were coming to attack.

HP List
   Energy: 8/56 (+1)

Edited by Calrex

(Energy Fully Recharged)

ID: 44210
Loot Dice: 19 (+5 Total Mob) = 24 (Materials Found)

Going down on one knee for a third time Calrex looked around nearby some graves. This time, there were materials around, but it seemed that they were not the roses he had found before. These were a strange piece that was built into the gravestones, a reflective piece of stone. Drawing the Grand Blade the bluenette carefully popped it out, seeing that the mineral was some kind of jewel, "Kind of a strange material to appear on a floor like this, but I guess Teayre can probably make use of it."

Adding the two pieces to his inventory the bluenette he stood back up, looking and seeing that his energy had fully replenished. With a small sigh he flipped his sword into a hammer grip, "Alright, time to get back to work."

Loot List:
2 Materials

HP List
   Energy: 56/56 (+All)

Spoiler

Current Loot:
5800 Col
14 Materials

Edited by Calrex