King of Two-Handed Fighting [Dom vs Mack]

Ssendom stood in the center of the arena, with his orange crystal resting shortly above his head as a symbol of his transgressions by view of others though none know of the story yet. He and Mack had spoken many a time about a duel between the two warriors about who was the stronger of the Two-Handed fighting style. Dom thought it a tad distasteful that he would get a strong amount of assistance from his Berserker skill, but he had no control over the skill since it automatically triggered whenever he dealt damage to enemies.

He hadn't set his stats to utilize his battle stats, though he dropped his inventory menu and went to his friends list. He traveled through the list to find Mack's name and quickly typed up a message to the Red Headed Goliath;

To: @Mack

You ready for a throw down? And whom to name the true king of the Two-Handed weapon? If you're still down to fight, meet me in the arena and name the parameters of the duel. See you soon.

-Ssendom, the Berserker

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

After the message had been sent, he took the tip of his blade and jammed it into the ground, and awaited his rival to meet him on the sandy turf that would be their duel grounds.

Given the somewhat odd nature of the world of Sword Art Online when it came to revealing quests across all the floors, Mack spent a fair amount of time wandering floor to floor once a week just checking to see if any new quests had been activated that he could complete for the requisite bonuses and rewards. There was also the simple fact of the matter that he was now the third in command when it came to running the Knights of the Blood Oath and he was personally in charge of the organization's strike team, so finding things for the new members of that team to do in order to cut their teeth was a high priority since several were still too low level to truly move into the front lines.

That was how the red headed behemoth found himself to be in the same general area as Ssendom when the other player offered the challenge to a duel. Rolling his head around on his neck, Mack pulled up the reply function with a swipe of his finger and typed out a quick reply. "On my way."

It didn't take too long a period of time before the now former leader of the Crimson Blades found himself standing a short distance away from Ssendom. "Let me get my gear squared away, then we can commence with your beat down," Mack called amiably, swinging Invictus down from his shoulder and planting the haft of the weapon in the ground. Pulling up his inventory, the massive red-headed removed the ring that granted him bonuses to his accuracy and evasion and considered Ssendom for a moment before equipping St. Michael's Fingers, gauntlets that carried the maximum amount of heath regeneration on them.

"What's with the orange cursor? Or is it still left over from that quest we went on?"

Ssendom watched as Mack made his entrance in a rather quick fashion. The Red Headed Behemoth was one of the few people who might actually be wider than Dom, but the man was not in as good physical shape as him. Luckily in this world one's physical appearance didn't matter to one's physical strength, all that mattered was their skill and capability with their weapons, and nothing more.

Mack made a rather boisterous comment, as though the man had already secured his win. "Now let's not get ahead of ourselves Mack. You need to remember who the superior is here." He laughed as he made the comment, while swapping his gear stats from his standard farming set up to his full battle stats. He looked up at the man and quickly noticed his guild status was no longer one of the Crimson Blades, but it was now of the Knight of Blood. Dom rolled his shoulder popping it, "So what happened to the Crimson Blades?" He asked out loud as he was finishing setting up his attire.

Before Mack could respond to him, "Before anything, don't forget. You have to name the rules of this duel. Shall we use the arena overhealth, yes or no to consumables, this that and the other thing. Let me know what limits you want to put on me to give yourself a chance to win." He laughed again as he made a more targeted comment, but still keeping the mood light since he did view the big oaf as a friend of his. Dom took out the last bloodrage crystal that sat in his inventory and applied it to his weapon, then he looked back at Mack as he dropped his curved Greatsword on his shoulder in anticipation.

[Stats for thread:
(Health for rules set here)
16 DMG (1 Base + 5 Skill + 3 Crystal + 6 Enhancement + 1 Athletics)
48 MIT (12 Skill + 36 Hydra Skull)
36 Thorns (36 Hydra Skull)
2 EVA (2 Commandant's Pendant)
2 ACC (2 Commandant's Pendant)
Bleed (8 DMG/Turn for 2 turns on a 9 or 10)

"Yes to the overhealth, you may use any consumables you wish though I shall use none, first to lose the full three-hundred points of overhealth shall be declared the loser," Mack replied, flexing his fingers in the crimson gauntlets that had been christened as St. Michael's Fingers. This would be the first time he had used them, or any other item with regenerative properties, in battle. "As for the fate of the Blades," the massive man continued, turning so that the guild emblem of the Knights of the Blood Oath on the shoulder of what had formerly been the guild cloak of the Crimson Blades was clearly visible. "I shall tell you that story, if you explain to me the orange cursor and provide me with your word that you'll bring me along on the quest to have it removed, should you ever decide to embark on it."

[Stats for thread]
HP: 404 (+300 Overheath)
Energy: 25
12 DMG (1 Base + 5 Skill + 6 Weapon + 1 Athletics)
61 MIT (7 Skill + 54 Pertinax)
54 Regen (+54 St. Michael's Fingers

Roll for Initiative: - I Forget Which One we use...
ID: 46080
BD: 10
CD: 12
LD: 4
MD: 5

Edited by Mack
  • 4 weeks later...

The mighty Berserker flipped his blade onto his shoulder and cracked his neck, "You got in big guy!" He exclaimed in excitement, he had been waiting a long time to battle his red headed axe using friend. He gripped his blade tight as it rested there upon his shoulder, he flicked eyes up at the big ol guy, "Why are you so curious about the story behind the orange crystal?" Dom asks with an equal amount of curiosity.

Dom would wait to announce his opening attack, his interest in wondering why Mack was interested in his player killer status. The more he thought about it, the more Dom could only think that no one would be interested in his history, "I never thought anyone would want to know anything specific about me." He couldn't help but fixate on this the entire time as he prepped himself for combat.

((It is always based on LD, and sorry for the crit LD))

ID: 47830
LD: 20

"I'm always curious about anyone that's got an orange cursor," Mack rumbled, his dark eyes flashing for a moment in Ssendom's direction, though not in a dangerous manner. Mack was familiar with Ssendom, he had worked with the big two-handed fighter before, and Ssendom had never struck him in the past as someone who was likely to turn off being a psychopathic killer that would turn evil just for giggles. But, people could certainly change, though that didn't didn't seem to be the case here. Rolling his head around on his neck for a moment, Mack slung Invictus down from his shoulder and swung the weapon experimentally a few times. "I'm ready whenever you are."

The Berserker cracked his neck, this battle was long overdue. The two had stared and waited for words to be shared and lthoughts to be had. Dom gripped his sword handle then slightly lowered it to the side in a charging stance, "Let's tango Mack." After saying that loud enough to be audible in this quiet empty stands arena, Dom launched forward at full speed ripping his blade along the ground launching mass amount of sand into the air throughout his movement.

Just as he reached Mack, Dom turned his blade slight to intentionally miss his opponent which caused even more sand to sputter into the air hazing the vision of both warriors, "Lets have some fun!" He shouted in a maniacal voice, the excitement that would come from the fight would cause the Berserker bloodlust to react. In a manner of a way to calm himself a bit was to make it harder to enjoy the battle with a lack of being able to see through the sand dust that would get into their eyes.

ID: 48496
BD: 1
CD: 4

Dom 453/453 (+300 OverHealth)
   EN: 35/37 -2 Miss

Mack 404/404 (+300 OverHealth)
   EN: 26/26

ID: 48920
BD: 2
CD: 9

Mack: 404/404 (24/26)
Ssendom: 453/453 (35/37)

"I never understood the dancing metaphor," Mack called back to Ssendom as the swordsman charged in. At the last moment, it appeared that Ssendom might have turned his blade. But, that may also have been an effect of the ever increasing swirling sands. Perhaps that was part of the new berserker skill that the other man had required. Mack was well aware that, given the differences in their level and skill sets it was going to be a tall order to defeat Ssendom. A stunning attack and following strike were going to be required if he wanted to win. Lashing out in the swirling sands, Invictus searched for the form of Ssendom but to no avail.

Edited by Mack

Ssendom was able to avoid the Red-Headed Behemoths's axe with rather ease with all the sand in the air. The berserker let his blade glow a violent green with black lightning breaking through the dust and sand, revealing Dom's helm and his eyes the only visible thing of his face that isn't hidden by the hydra skull. His furious red eyes glaring at Mack's, "Galaxy Destroyer.." He seethed theough his teeth. Flipped the blade ninty degree's so the blades edge faced the Axe Wielder then slammed through the man's armor effortlessly stunning the slightly larger man. He then stepped back and gripped his blade tight knowing the ginger man couldn't move.

ID: 48977
BD: 6 + 2 = 8
CD: 11

EN: 23/37 -13 Galaxy Destroyer +1 regen

Mack 305/404 (160 - 61 = 99 damage) {Stunned}

ID: 49030
CD: 4 - (Wasted a 10 on the BD, stunned)

Mack grunted as Ssendom slammed his weapon into his armor. The massive red headed man would have taken a step back to steady himself. But, that was unnecessary since the game's engine had paralyzed him and rendered him incapable of moving or falling over in the first place. As it was, Mack stood there with Invictus raised high over his head, caught mid-swing as he had been getting ready to launch another attack of his own. "Now I play the waiting game, I guess," the hulking axe wielder growled, watching Ssendom with his eyes which were the only part of his body that he could still move.

Edited by Mack

Ssendom looked at Mack who had no way to protect himself, and Dom would post up that he was not showing mercy. He was here to make a statement that none would be able to take the crown from him. Ssendom knew he was the King of the Two-Handed Weapons and it wasn't to be trifled, he leaned forward letting his blade envelope in a violent red energy that was almost chaotic in nature. Once it was at full fruition, Dom launched at Mack slamming his blade with ridiculous strength three separate times chunking massive amounts of health out of the Behemoth just before the stun parameters wore off.

ID: 49063
BD: 10 (DMG +2)
CD: 3

EN: 12/37 -12 Calamitous Tragedy +1 regen

Mack 150/404 [{16+2} *12] (216 - 61 = 155 damage) {Stun immune 1/3}

OOC: Stupid EVA bonus... also, if this fight doesn't get us far enough to get the completed thread bonus then I propose we do a best 2 out of 3. Thoughts?

ID: 49083
BD: 4 (6-2 eva.)
CD: 9 (Regen. Activates +54 HP)

Mack: 168/404 (23/26) [+54 Reg - 36 Thorns = +18 HP] {-2 Eng}
Ssendom: 453/453 (12/37)

Finally able to move again, once the paralysis had worn off and knowing that he had nearly reached the end of his tether in terms of the overhealth, Mack tightened his grip on Invictus and advanced on Ssendom. "Finally, I can fight again," the massive axe warrior growled, making no complaint about the fact that Ssendom had used a stunning attack on him. After all, even though this was only training combat it was always important to train like one was going to fight and to fight like one was going to train. Mack knew he wouldn't refrain from using stunning attacks against Ssendom, and he certainly didn't expect the other man to refrain from using them either. Whirling Invictus over his head, Mack launched several quick lateral strikes in Ssendom's direction, missing each and every time as the man's evasion modifier kicked in to move him out of harm's way.

Edited by Mack

OOC: Sounds gravy. Since you already lost. Also, thorns doesn't trigger if you miss. Only on 6-8 after evasion and accuracy applied.

Dom was able to read Mack's every individual move, he had a lot of practice dealing with Calrex and the two needed to settle their third and final battle. But, the two were quite busy at the current times never able to find a chance to duel one another. Thanks in part to Calrex's unrelenting speed, it was far easier to track someone as brutish as himself. Once Mack's flurry had ended, Dom reactivated Calamitous Tragedy and shredded through the last of the overhealth and a slight bit of his actual health to become the official winner of the duel. Dom won without having a scratch upon his armor.

ID: 49090
BD: 7 + 2
CD: 5

EN: 1/37 -12 Calamitous Tragedy +1 regen

Mack 73/404 [{16} *12] (192 - 61 = 131 damage) {Stun immune 2/3} [LOST DUEL]

ID: 49101
CD: 7 (Regen Activate) +54 HP [Return to Max.]

Mack grunted as Ssendom slammed his weapon into him yet again and the massive axe man watched as his health ticked down far enough that the duel resulted in a loss. The fight was barely over when Mack was heading for the over health statue once again. "Best two out of three," he called over his shoulder to Ssendom. "Good fight, but I know I can give a better accounting of myself than that. Besides, if we knock out at least one more round I should be able to hit my next level. May as well do that now instead of wasting time traipsing out into the wilderness to find mobs. If you've got the time, that is."

Edited by Mack

Ssendom sat down after having defeated Mack flawlessly in a duel, the man seemed to want to keep at it in hopes that he could possibly level after it was all said and done, "Take a minute break, I know you didn't get to expunge energy but I'm a wee bit gassed out. And I can vouch myself that a one sided match can get rather tedious." He chuckled, "No offense, I just had your number there the whole way. Do you still want to know the history of the Orange Crystal?" He ultimately ended up offering an answer to the man's curiosity.

(1/3 ooc regen)

Slinging Invictus down from his shoulder, Mack turned to face Ssendom and planted the steel butt cap of the weapon in the sand of the arena floor and leaned on the broad axehead, resting his forearms on the dull flat part of the blade once he had touched the overhealth statue to, once again, ready himself for round two of the duel. "Yes, I would like to know how you came to have that orange crystal, not too many players have them you know," he continued, rolling his head around on his neck to loosen it up. "And, I suppose you would still like to know why most of the former Blades are now sporting all the trappings and emblems of the Knights of the Blood Oath, including myself."

Dom nodded his head a bit as he dropped his finger to open his menu, he scrolled down the settings and disabled helmet visibility showing his full masculine features and the five o'clock shadow that was recently formed, "Yes, I do suppose I would be interested in hearing about that." He leaned back using his hands and arms to prop himself up, "Well, the story of hoe this orange crystal came to be is not too terribly long." He made sure to inform the Axe-Wielder, "So I have only ever been involved with one person romantically during my time here in Aincrad. I'll keep her name hush at the current moment since that is for another day." He cleared his throat knowing he would talk for a slight bit, "She was the first person I had ever grouped with, we went on a few quests and things got passionate between us... Very passionate." He chuckled saying, "One day she was hunting Cerberus with my ginger haired friend Jomei. They got into a rough point and I had to go save them. So I risked my neck and jumped hazardous terrain which if I made one false step I would have died instantly, but risked my neck to get out there and save them." He continued on...

(will continue story after your post to speed it up)

Mack continued to lean on his axe as Ssendom started up with the story of how he had come to be in possession of an orange player marker. At various points in the tale the ginger headed axe man would nod his head, or chime in with some form of basic acknowledgement before falling silent and allowing the swordsman to continue with the story. "I know that quest and that floor," Mack said when Ssendom mentioned which quest the pair had been undertaking. "Took me more than one attempt to get it completed. It's not the easiest of quests in the world to complete," the massive fighter intoned before falling silent once more to allow the reclining Ssendom to continue on with the story of how he had obtained the orange marker.

Ssendom leaned forward, looking at Mac as he brought himself to his feet, "Needless to say I easily cleared out all of the enemies and saved their dairy aire's. I was scouting out Cerberus as I was going to be the front line for them, when I turn around to talk to Jomei we realize that the woman was gone. We looked for a bit and I became conflicted in my thoughts debating multiple things and ultimately I concluded that she had abandoned us." He said as he swallowed his throat, like reliving the story was a bit rough for him. "Now move forward far enough ahead where I have become a Commandant of the Azure Brigade, I am fully adorned in Unique's, I have the Unique Skill Berserker, I have taken the head of a Floor Boss, and had fronted over two thirds of the cost of the Azure Brigade Guild Hall, needless to say many accomplishments." He pulled his sword off the ground and dropped it upon his shoulder. He reaffixed his eyes toward Mack, "Then one day I get a random message while I am laying in my king sized bed, all I get is a please help message from the missing girl for many months. She told me to bring an large group for safety reason when she got chances to send out a message. But, both of us know that I... am Legion. I took awhile but I had finally found the location that she was put, deep in the bowels of Tartarus. And as I approached the secret door she was placed behind since I used pings to direct my movements toward her. A group of four players were entering that exact room, as I approached them they threatened to kill her so instead I sacrificed my green crystal for their heads." He sighed and looked at the time, he then proceeded to slide his sword into it's scabbard, "This orange crystal has caused a damper between me and her after I saved her. But I don't bear this crystal cause I'm happy with it, I want to remember that I took the lives of those people and carry it as a curse." He finished explaining.

"You should have asked me for help," Mack replied, glowering darkly. "I'd have no problems eliminating scum and the dregs of Aincradian society," the massive axe man continued, picking up Invictus in his hands and hefting it lightly. "You've nothing to be ashamed of, and I will help you get the crystal removed whenever you are ready," the soldier concluded, spitting on the arena floor. "The Knights of the Blood Oath thing is a lot simpler... it's too hard to keep track of a great big guild. Let Heathcliffe and Opal deal with that headache. Now I have a small strike unit to train and run and a lot fewer headaches."