[PP-F1] Blooming Light (CaptainUndead)

Comet sighed. He had recently moved into this new, cheap inn that he had become quite fond of. Indeed, he could live here for a while until he obtained more Col from killing mobs. Indeed, this inn might be cheap and dark, but it was actually in quite a good condition and Comet definitely didn't mind sleeping and living here for a while. He had heard that some players opened a shop and lived in there but opening a shop was definitely not something that would be a good idea for a child such as Comet. Indeed, he had almost no organization and is always goofing around. His customers would probably end up looking out for him instead of Comet serving them. With a sigh, Comet lay on his decent bed and stared at the ceiling. The past few days have been quite exciting. Indeed, he had gone material gathering while boar fighting by himself, material gathering with Helios, and combat training with Macradon. Things have been going on quite well and Comet liked how his experience was stacking up with each of these adventures. Soon, he would be very strong and then, he would eventually join the uncles and aunts in the frontlines to fight those bosses that threaten the lives of those that Comet cared about. The previous few days had been full of adventures. No time to waste. I wonder what today will bring. Comet thought as he jumped up from his bed. It was early that morning and he was already on the move for more experience gathering. However, as Comet was opening the door to the inn, his eyes were blinded a little, temporarily by the blooming light that awaited him on outside. The powerful light had exposed him to a new type of bright light. However, there was something... no... someone... that was standing there as a silhouette as the blooming light hit Comet's face.

Another uneventful day in AinCrad. Nobuyuki has somehow find himself back in the Town of Beginning back in the first floor. He shouldn't be hanging around this place much. He needed to train just a little more harder so he could keep up with the pace of how things progress in the upper floor. Getting out of this place is still his first priority and goal. But still, unlocking floor isn't a fun picnic or a field trip to somewhere exciting. Through the people who has returned from the frontline, it's hell. The amount of mobs needed to take care of before entering the boss room wasn't child play, and the boss itself was something too risky to be taken lightly. However, someone have to do it, and Nobuyuki was assured that the frontline is fighting at their best. That's why he needed to train more, so he could get the experience needed to get to the upper floor.

Readied to leave the old town, Nobuyuki was taken by surprise when the moment he walked by the inn, the door in front of him swung open, nearly hit him in the face. What surprised him even more is seeing a little kid. He thought Sword Art Online was a PG rated game, but the little kid didn't look like he was even ten yet. How in heaven did he get in this game. "Poor guy... His parents must be worried sick." Nobuyuki shook his head. He found another motivation to get to the frontline and push through even faster. The kids didn't deserve things like this. At least some of them was too innocent to really apprehend what was going on around them. Waving at the little kid, he tried to smile. "Hi there..." He managed to said out loud. Rarely ever saw a kid, and hardly ever talked to one, Nobuyuki had no idea how to interact with him, but only an awkward hello and waving his hand.

Edited by CaptainUndead

Comet looked up now that the sun had disappeared from his eyes. Indeed, he had rather not be attacked by the sun's gallant rays and instead be left alone from such a powerful source of energy. Now that the sun had faded away from the gigantic eyes of Comet, he was able to discover that the morning was one of peace and beauty. The town was not fully awake yet and people, both players and shopkeepers, had only just begun to arise. The only sound was music that was coming from the birds that flew overhead occasionally. Otherwise, it was utter silence. Nothing was intriguing and everything seemed normal and just like the usual. Comet sighed, recently, he had had a lot of his interests be drained out by the boredom that the game would provide him at many times. Honestly, there wasn't much for him to do. He had fought boars and picked materials... Those were the only things that he could do to occupy his bored hands and mind. However, other than that, there truly wasn't much that he could do to grind out his experience and level himself up faster and faster. This morning was different from the others because this time, there was someone waiting by the entrance of the inn. Someone that he was not acquainted with. The man looked interesting enough with the black spiky hair that he had. Still, the man had a feeling of evil that Comet could not shake off. But, this was only upon first inspection so Comet decided that he would disregard it. Indeed, he was rather surprised when the man walked over with a small and weak introduction. It was friendly enough that Comet decided he would reply. "Good morning, sir. May I help you?" Comet asked with a huge grin, wondering if the man had business here.

"This... Is awkward..." Nobuyuki stood for a moment, trying to think of something to say. Talking to girls is one thing, but talking to a kid is another business. He never knows what his words may influence the kid in anyway. Keeping the smile on his face, Nobuyuki replied to the boy.

"Um... Hi..." Nobuyuki spoke awkwardly. Inside his mind he was cursing himself for being such a socially awkward person. "Goddamn it, Nobuyuki! Will you just say something to the kid beside "hey and hello?" Confused by his own self, he asked the first question that comes to his mind. "Aren't you a little too young to play the game? I thought that the covers of the game was rated PG." 

Comet was surprised by the man's comment. Personally, he had absolutely no idea that this game was not made for the general audience. Despite the fact that this game might be created for older folks, so far into the game, Comet was unexposed to anything too bad. "Oh, oops. I didn't know this game was rated PG..." Comet said, scratching his head as he grinned with his head tilted a little bit to the right. "I don't think it matters that much, though. So far in my story, there really isn't anything that is not appropriate for children. It is like... uh... Super Cosmo man back in the real world. There is fighting but there isn't that much blood or content like that so I think it is fine. I'm not sure why it is rated PG because of this. Eh, who cares, this game is fun for all ages in my opinion." Comet said and that was when he realized that he had talked too much to a stranger that he barely knows.  "..... Oh, oops. Sorry about that, I tend to get carried away sometimes when I speak." He soon explained and studied the person more. It seemed like he was nervous... However, there didn't seem to be anything in the distance that could be of significance that had the potential of causing nervousness to the man. That was when his mother's voice popped into his mind all of a sudden. "Don't talk to strangers or get anything from strangers!", it told him and suddenly, Comet backed up a bit. The man was very suspicious... He didn't seem to have a purpose here and he was way too slender for Comet's likings.... The feeling of villainy. 

"Despite the fact that you do experience death in real life, and probably die for real... Not to mention all the violent fighting stuff." Nobuyuki spoke within his head. Sometimes there are things that he wanted to tell people about. Exposing lies and truths isn't an easy thing to do, and also something's better be left as a sweet lie than an hurtful truth. Letting the kids know about the fact of many people has been killed by the game, and what is happening up on the top floor at the current state might have had effects onto him. It's best to leave this one as innocent as he is. Unknowingly, Nobuyuki's smile he had tried so hard to keep on his face eventually vanished, leaving his face filled with worries and distress. 

"Anyway... I think I should head out for the time being. I have a few things I need to do for the time being. Good luck." Nobuyuki said, before he departed and leave town through the main gate. Returning to his usual business, he tried to push all thoughts aside and focused on grinding and getting materials for the thing he needed.

Comet stopped backing up and looked up at the man. He guessed the man meant no harm if he was going to leave now. Comet, himself would have to get out there for some material gathering as well. He was looking forwards to finding lots of materials before he changed his class entirely. Indeed, he wanted to become a status inflictor... A pure status inflictor because he had heard that the front lines were in need of some of those. With a sigh, Comet shook his head. he had probably made the man feel rather awkward but if someone was offended by that, they really needed to chill. "Yeah ok. I need to get some material gathering done too. My name is Comet by the way." Comet shouted to the distance as the man left without looking back. With a shrug, Comet went the other way. There were many exits that could lead a player out of the safe zone and both of them had chosen different ones. Soon, Comet was outside of the safe zone and he was prepared to finally get some materials and obtain a few more weapons and a charm that he wanted really bad. I wonder if she's okay. Comet thought, letting his mind drift as he slowly walked through the town and soon, he exited.

It's been a while since Nobuyuki had left town, and after the awkward meeting with that kid. Roaming around the plain grassland, he felt like there isn't much for him here anymore. Walking around, Nobuyuki keep a look out for anything that he could find of use. Unfortunately, he couldn't find anything. That is when in the distance, Nobuyuki saw the same kid that he encounter moments before. "Comet... was it?" Nobuyuki asked himself, trying to remember the name of the kid. The young warrior thought that it would be best to keep a distance from the kid, not to startle Comet too much. "Great, now you look like a stalker and a pedophile. Good job, Nobuyuki." The young warrior cursed himself, insisting on walking away.

ID: 47881

LD: 12+1=13

Found: nothing.

Edited by CaptainUndead

Comet had arrived at the outskirts of the town. This was the part of the world where mobs spawn and dangers were frequent. Comet needed to keep watch and be careful of any suspicious movements in the distance in order to keep himself safe from the dangers of the outside world. With a cautious look around him, he went ahead with his material gathering session. Still, the man that he had just met was still in his mind. The man hadn't given Comet his name and so, he was unsure of who the man was. Still, soon, after walking around for a while, he decided to allow it to slip his mind so he could have his concentration solely on keeping his eyes out for materials. Alright, then. Comet thought, scanning the surrounding area for any fruit that could be of his use... Well, not just fruit but basically everyone would do as long as it would prove to be worth something for him.

ID: 47813
LD: 8

Comet sighed with his back slouched when he realized that there was nothing in the distance that he could take and use for equipment buying. Comet looked around and walked around once more.

Total Materials: 0

Edited by Comet

Nobuyuki had his eyes on Comet as he continued on into the grassland. "Should I follow him? I shouldn't, but a kid like him could get into trouble. Ah... I hate my life." Nobuyuki cursed himself and got out of his hiding place and followed the kid. With his fast paced walking speed, he soon caught up with the kid. "Hey there!" He called out for Comet. "I saw you in the distance, walking all alone." Nobuyuki explained. He continued. "You know, it's dangerous to go alone on your own. You need a partner? I can help and keep an eye out for hostiles." 

ID: 48203
LD: 9

Comet sighed, looking around once more to see if there were perhaps materials in the distance waiting for him to claim. However, there seemed to be nothing, this time, around as well and he was definitely not pleased. His material gathering success rate had been declining and of course, Comet did not appreciate this decline. It was when Comet decided to walk on again that he heard a voice behind him. It was a voice that screamed danger but when Comet turned around, it was the same uncle that had approached him that morning. It seemed like the man was worried about him and wanted to stick around to protect him. Wouldn't hurt.  Comet figured, looking curiously at the man. "Well, this isn't the first time I've been out here and with my level, it should be fine to be out here. Still, it definitely wouldn't hurt to have someone with me in this material gathering session. So, how about telling me a few stories as we gather some materials?"  Comet asked.

Total Materials: 0

Edited by Comet