[PP-F2] My Fists are Gonna be Sore.... <<Breaking the Unbreakable>> (Jomei)

Hikoru sighed and grit his teeth. His Quest to become stronger was going to take every quest that he had forgotten to take previously, and gain all the Points that he needed to level up more and more. His next Quest on the list: <<Breaking the Unbreakable>>. He looked at the description, and he sighed. He had to punch a rock. a ROCK. This was definitely not something he was looking forward to, and he knew this would be a tough challenge

"Well, might as well get to climbing..." He said as he got up, moving towards the mountain, muttering about the quest under his breath. This was more than likely going to be one of the tougher, and longer Quests that he would have to take. He grit his teeth and made his way towards a mountain, hoping that he was heading towards the right one

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mountain climbing. Jomei's shop was located just outside of Urbus, a perfect view of the mountain ranges from every window in the building, and he had never thought to go mountain climbing. Took a lot of the stress off of his mind, putting his life at risk climbing up the side of a mountain without any harness or anything to break his fall. Also stretched out his muscles quite a bit too. That was earlier, of course. The mountain had already been climbed, and Jomei was currently enjoying the view of Floor Two settlement just off in the distance. He could really see everything from where he stood, almost like when he stood on top of the tallest mountain on Floor Four with Zandra, just a lot less dangerous and he knew how to get down without possibly killing himself. He let out a sigh of relief as a breeze passed by him, tousling his hair and whipping his cloak behind him. His olive eyes looked down over the side of a cliff when he heard someone's voice. It was a man, standing at the base of the mountain, ready to climb. Jomei stepped forward to the edge, crossed his ankles and sat down. He figured he'd be the man's welcoming party once he reached the top. That would probably give him some sort of entertainment. 

Hikoru grit his teeth and gripped the side of the mountain. He made sure he had a good hold of the mountain, making sure that his fingers would hold him up when he started hanging, then picked himself up. He slowly but surely made his way up the mountain, going at a moderate pace to start. But as he got higher, his fingers and arms started to burn. Slow at first, but soon it grew into an inferno, filling his body with pure pain, making his choke back tears one he had made it halfway. Soon the adrenaline kicked in, and he was able to keep moving, but much slower than he had started. He soon saw the top, and closed his eyes, tears of pain streaming down his eyes as he soon appeared at the top. He pulled himself up with the last of his strength, and held onto the top of the mountain, his legs still dangling over the edge. He gasped wildly and raggedly breathed for a moment, laying out on the ground and breathing, staring at the sky above him. His arms were like noodles, unable to help him get back up, and if he made one wrong move, he would fall back, and more than likely kill himself.

"That.... was painful..." He said as he looked around. As he did, his eyes came into contact with another player, who seemed to be sitting there, waiting for something, or someone. He tried to sit up, but his arms were unable to hold him, and he just flopped onto the ground aimlessly. He looked the player in the eyes and with a few sharps breaths, came out three words "Who... Are you?..." He asked, before rolling over, and forcing himself to drag forward onto the mountain, retrieving his legs from the cliff.

The Irishman chuckled at the man when he had finally managed to pull himself up onto the cliff, "Well hello there" he smirked. "I have to admit.. that was pretty impressive. Especially since you took the longer and tougher way up the mountain." All jokes aside, Jomei realized that he had bypassed the climber's initial question of just who the hell he was. "Oh, right. I'm Jomei." The man placed his hands on the man's shoulders and helped him up onto the cliff and further away from the edge so he didnt accidentally fall over while trying to stand up or situate himself. "What about you? I thought I was going to be the only one up here today personally. Guess I was wrong." he rubbed the back of his neck with a slight laugh.

Hikoru breathed as the player dragged him from the edge, which he was thankful for. The player said something about the harder path up the mountain, and he just gave the player a look of disbelief. The harder path? Really? Why didn't he tell him that? As soon as he was going to ask that, he realized that it would more than likely be impossible for him to, as he was meters above him, and his ears couldn't pick up any noise from this height. He sighed and finally got up slowly, his arms starting to work once more. He sat up and sat cross legged on the floor for a moment. He looked up at the player with a small smile

"Well... I'm Hikoru... Pleased to meet you!..." He said as he started to regain his breathing once more. He stood and brushed off his legs and behind, then he stood stretching his back. "And i'm here for a Quest." He said with a sigh. Although he wasn't happy with how this was going, he knew that he would have to do this to gain the Skill Points he needs to get stronger. He raised an eyebrow "And why are you here?" He asked with a hint of curiosity.

"Hikoru.." he thought for a moment. The name sounded oddly familiar to him. As if he had met the man before. He dismissed the thought though, for Jomei saw himself as quite a distinguishable character; if someone didn't remember him with his height, green attire, and ginger hair, then they most likely never met. Jomei smiled, "Ah, nice to meet you too lad." Hikoru mentioned to Jomei the reason he had scaled this tall mountain was all for a quest. It struck Jomei as curious, just what quest was he out here for? Maybe it was one that he had never taken before. "Oh? What Quest?" Hikoru then turned the question on Jomei, wondering just why the ginger was on top of the mountain as well. After a moment of looking at Hikoru, Jomei shrugged his shoulders. "..Just bored." The corner of his mouth hooked into a smirk, "I just needed something to do, get my mind off things." he pointed past Hikoru, straight over the side of the cliff. "The view is a nice reason too." 

Hikoru listened with interest as the man explained himself. He agreed that is was a very nice view, and it would be a good way to relieve himself of some stress if the thought ever occurred to him. But his home was one the first floor at the moment, and he planned to stay there for awhile, until he felt ready to face his friends again. He looked over and gave him a small nod.

"Yeah, I can see why." He said, still peering over the edge. The player asked about his quests, and he gave a small smirk as he raised his fists "See, i'm gonna be training to impress Adrian, so i'm gonna go punch a rock so I can get stronger." He said in a mock Rocky voice. He laughed and sighed "For real, i'm taking that <<Breaking the Unbreakable>> Quest." He said with a small hint of amusement.

The ginger haired man laughed at Hikoru's attempt to replicate the famed Sylvester Stallone voice, but it served a purpose which he soon confirmed moments later. The man had ventured up into the mountains to take on Breaking The Unbreakable, the quest players take in an attempt to destroy a boulder and get the Martial Arts skill. Jomei had done so, many many months ago, and had the skill to prove it. Though, he never put any time or effort into building on the skill to make it stronger. He found no point with his maxed out Rapier skill. ~"Ah.. thats always a fun time. The skill is a nice little addition.. came in handy for me a couple of times during combat. Or even just for friendly duels." Jomei crossed his arms about his chest and frowned slightly, his voice taking a more serious tone, "Though.. you'll probably end up standing there all day punching that thing.. It takes quite a long time to destroy the boulder.

Hikoru laughed along with the other player for a moment, unable to take even himself seriously after what he had just done. He had only seen that movie one time, and had enjoyed it. He sighed and gave the man a small smile. He was already comfortable with this player, and he was enjoying his time already. He sighed as the boy said that he too had done the quest, and he gave him a smile

"So it is possible. Good to know." He said with a small laugh. The man said he would have to stand there all day, and he just sighed and hung his head "I know I know.... It's going to take forever to happen..." He said with a small hint of desperation. Then an idea popped into his mind "Hey... How about you help?" He said, almost reeking of desparation at this point. He knew he couldn't do this on his own, or he would be doing this all day. He hoped this player was kind enough to help him, as he didn't want to be stuck up on this mountain for days without food.

"Huh" Jomei sounded out, mouth slightly agape. He placed his thumb and index finger on his chin and looked at Hikoru, wondering if he should help him out. Well like he said, he had done it before, and had the skill to make life slightly easier for them. "I don't see why not." Jomei said, his finger still rubbing his chin, "Not like I really had anything important to do anyway... Alright lad, I'll help you out. Could be fun to relive one of my first memories here in the game." It was then he realized just how long ago that was. He was in the game for a damn long time now, and he had completed that quest a little over a year ago. Had time really gone that quickly? The man could not help but smile, but not at Hikoru and his Rocky impressions, but the fact that he had been here for this long. Still alive. "Alright Captain, lead the way."

Hikoru gave a big smile to the player that had agreed to help him. He gave him a huge nod and started to make his way up the mountain, following the blip on the map that had marked where he needed to go. As he did, he came upon a small hut, and as soon as he reached a certain area around it, a small man came out with the Quest info. He clicked accept, and the man came and grabbed his weapon and Jomei's, taking them into the hut. Hikoru was frozen for a moment, then moved forward as the man went into the house and locked the door. He banged on the door, trying to get in

"Hey! What's the big idea, taking my weapon and Jomei's? Give it back!" He said as he continued to slam into the door for another few moments. Finally he sighed and gave up, slinking down the door and putting his head in his hands. He had carelessly let a NPC take his weapon, and he couldn't do anything about it now, and he looked at Jomei "Do you have any idea why he did that?"

Jomei followed Hikoru up the rest of the mountain towards the quest objective, or at least where he would be obtaining the quest. After their short climb, they came upon a small hut. "Huh.. I had no idea that someone lived all the way up here.." the Irishman said, scratching the back of his head curiously. As the two approached the small house, a short man walked out to greet them. He was few with words, but it was quite obvious just who he was; the quest giver for Breaking The Unbreakable. Jomei crossed his arms and stood back, letting Hikoru deal with the formalities of getting the quest. Once he had accepted, the old man scurried to the two, taking both of their weapons, and ran back into his hut. As the rapier was taken off of Jomei's hip, he did not bother going after the man. He knew exactly why their weapons were taken. Jomei laughed as Hikoru began to freak out about losing his weapon, "Relax Hikoru.. Thats the point of the quest. We can't use our weapons to destroy the boulder. Only our fists." 

Hikoru listened to Jomei explain his situation. He nodded, understanding the reason and not being afraid of losing his weapon, as that was his main fear. He stood from the steps and stood by the taller player,and He looked at him and gave him a nod.

"Alright, where is this boulder?" He asked. He started to walk around, and after a bit he found the boulder that he had been looking for. "Found it!" He said, and soon he squared up as he had seen in the movies, then went for a punch. As he hit the Boulder, he instantly felt a sharp pain in his hand. He screamed and rolled around on the ground, his hand throbbing as he did so.

ID: 48904

BD: 1 (Great way to start!)

Hikoru; NRG: 18/20

Boulder: 50/50

Edited by Hikoru

Jomei followed Hikoru as he searched for this boulder that he would need to destroy in order to obtain the Martial Arts skill. A task that would normally prove to be difficult was actually not tough at all. There were rocks of all sizes everywhere, being on top of a mountain and all. Though there was one that stuck out among the rest. One that just sat in a clearing away from everything else. Jomei chuckled and crossed his arms, "Well, we might as well get to work the-" Before he could even finish his sentence, Hikoru had punched the face of the boulder and immediately felt the consequences for doing so. Jomei laughed, "If you just put all your strength behind your fist, you're just gonna end up hurting yourself." Jomei, himself, turned to face the boulder, taking a couple of steps to get closer. Taking a deep breath, he brought his hands up to the sides of his head and curled his fingers into a fist. "You need to control your punches, make them precise, with only some of your power, not all of it... Hyah!" Pivoting on his back foot, Jomei jabbed forward with a quick punch. As his knuckled connected with the boulder, a small health bar appeared over the top of it, signaling Jomei had done a slight bit of damage. He pulled his fist back, without any pain. "At least.. thats what I learned."

ID 59098
BD 5(+4) = 9 (39/40)

Boulder: 49/50

Hikoru got up and grit his teeth, breathing and listening to Jomei, watching him punch the rock and dealing a sliver of damage. He breathed and stood up again, trying to make the stance as Jomei had done just a moment ago. Although it felt uncomfortable, he knew he had a perfect shot at the boulder now, and he sighed, closing his eyes and focusing as much as he could. He said to punch it with force, but not all strength. he didn't know exactly what that meant, but he knew that he could find out easily, he just had to try. He breathed and went for the punch. He felt his fist collide with the boulder, and he flinched, prepared for the pain. But he sooned opened his eyes, and saw that a sliver of health on the boulder had been taken, and he felt but little pain. He looked at Jomei

"Alright, that was pretty awesome!" He said with a laugh. He looked at the boulder with a glint in his eyes "Alright, lets get to punching!" He said with a smirk

ID: 49105

BD: 6+3= 9 Hit

Hikoru: NRG: 17/20

Boulder: 48/50

Edited by Hikoru

Jomei smiled when Hikoru had landed a punch on the boulder just as successfully as he had moments earlier. Huh.. seems like my pep talk worked... Even though in complete honesty, I don't even remember what that old man told me to do back then... that was such a long time ago. He chuckled to himself, I always have been a master of talking out of my ass..  "Yeah, you're right." Jomei said, bringing his fists back up to take a fighters stance yet again. Taking another step forward, Jomei lunged forward with another punch.. this time the toe of his boot dragged on the ground, causing him to trip. His face smashed into the face of the boulder. After a moment of leaning in that position, the red faced Jomei shot back up to a standing position, clearing his throat. "Ahem.. I.. meant to do that.."

ID 17510
BD 1

Boulder: 48/50 (38/40)

Hikoru held back a chuckle as Jomei went to punch, and fell face-first into the rock. He knew he didn't do better when he first went for a punch, but at least he didn't have to mess up like that again. He faced the rock again and looked at the large rock, seeing only a small sliver missing from it's health. He breathed and lined up another punch, and went to hit it straight on. But as he went to punch, he hit it, and a small sliver left it. He smiled and gave Jomei a look as his punch had worked well

"Sucks that your punch failed doesn't it?" He said with a small laugh

ID: 49202

BD: 3+3= 6 Hit

Hikoru: 16/20 NRG

Boulder: 47/50

Edited by Hikoru

Jomei glared at Hikoru rather seriously after his comment. Was he mocking the man who had been so generous to help him punch a rock. His fists lowered to his sides, his fingers curling.. tightening into fists. He turned his head to look at the boulder and dug his front foot into the dirt. With a powerful hook, Jomei's fist grazed the face of the boulder, tearing off some of the stone that his fist had connected with. 

ID 49619
BD 8

Boulder: 46/50 (38/40)

Hikoru looked in slight fear as the player seemed mad, and took his anger out on the rock. He backed up a bit, now wanting to become a target of this anger. he gulped and looked back to the rock, not commenting on what happened. He lined up his punch, and took another swing. He connected and another sliver fell off of the rocks health bar. He breathed and gave a nod to Jomei, not sure if he could trust his own voice at the moment

ID: 49620

BD: 6+3=9

Hikoru: 15/20 NRG

Boulder: 45/50 HP

Edited by Hikoru

Now the two were in business. They were exchanging blows with the large boulder, one after another, slowly bringing its health down little by little. He watched as Hikoru wound up a punch and delivered it straight into the face of the rock. Jomei then nodded back at him and pivoted his body, setting up his left leg for a roundhouse kick. His boot began to glow a slight gold as he charged up the Martial Arts skill. "Haah!" he let his leg fly, his shin crashing into the boulder, taking off a slightly  larger chunk of health.

ID: 50244

BD: 9

Boulder: 43/50 HP (38/40)