[OP-Arena] Civil War

OOC: All non-combatants that enter this thread will be charged a 50 col fee for the ticket. The col will be placed into the Knights of the Blood Oath guild bank. Also, reminder to combatant, no consumables are allowed.

The time had arrived, at long last, for Mack to assert his dominance within the hierarchy of the Knights of the Blood Oath and, more importantly, as the commanding officer of the Crimson Blades strike team within that guild. @Hirru, @Seul, @Lawfer, and @Ethereal were chomping at the bit to challenge the hardest hitting player in the Knights, aside from perhaps @Opal and @Heathcliff, to a duel for bragging rights. Today, the ginger featured man would grant them their request and, to make it worthwhile, a fee of fifty col would be charged to everyone who wished to watch the duel with the proceeds going to the guild bank.

In the middle of the Arena, Mack slapped one gauntleted hand to the overhealth statue to add its bonus to his own HP pool. Then the mountain of a warrior stepped back, unsteathed Invictus, and stood stoicly in the middle of the arena, one hand resting on the bladed head of his axe as he waited for everyone else to arrive.

STATS:

Spoiler

HP: 325 (Overhealth Statue)
DMG: 13
ENG: 30
Mit.: 66
Regen: 54

Skills:
Concentration (+1 BD, 5 turn cooldown)
Heavy Armor (3 Rk)
Two-Handed Axe (5 Rk)
Charge (1 Rk)

Mods:
Athletics

Edited by Mack

Dom enters the stands and drops five thousand col so everyone could watch for free, He sat himself in the farthest back seat. Watching as the man who never had a chance against the Berserker try to take on four of his own guild members. He had hoped that his eyes were piercing into Mack's soul since he was the only one in the stands and not a single one of the combatants had entered the arena, "Hey maybe when you finish your silly four v one, the real match can start already!" He shouted at the top of his lungs. The Hydra Skull covering his lower jaw so the smirk couldn't be seen. Only his eyes were visible through the jaw.

Nixon entered the Arena and looked for a place to sit. He noticed an orange player. He had never met one in person before, and it may be a good chance for him to learn about that side of the game. He walked over to Dom and politely asked him, while pointing to the seat beside him "Is this seat taken?" Nixon had never witnessed a duel and from what he heard this was the one to witness. he was ready for the fight of a lifetime, he just hoped it would live up to his standers. He looked Mack, or at least who he assumed was Mack based on the description of the characters in the ad, and realized just how powerful this guy was. And to take on 4 players at once, this man had pride.

Edited by Nixon

Nikodemus saw Ssendom drop the large amount of Col into the bin and shrugged taking a seat in an arena chair. "Saves me and the birdies from having to loot peoples pockets. Thanks Dom." Taking a small bit of old bread out of his shoe, Nikodemus began to gnaw on it and mutter about wanting a cupcake. "I hope I get to see an arena fight with you in it Dom. That would be a spectacle itself that I would REALLY enjoy."

Being the one who roped the others into fighting in the first place, it was only fair that he'd be the knight to arrive first for his side. He casually made his way to the center of the arena while stealing quick glances at the few players who actually showed up to watch the bloodbath fight unfold. Extending a palm to rest atop the dueling orb, he soon brought his attention to the hulking man a few paces away he'd be facing in battle while his health synched up. "Hey Mack-" A wave was coupled with the greeting as Seul surveyed the situation at hand. The Crimson Blade's leader appeared to be serious about this, but the boy wasn't particularly worried. Now it was just a matter of having the others show up.

Spoiler

STATS:       

• Level: 22             

• Health: 288 (Overhealth Statue)                

• Energy: 22             

• Damage: 7                

• Mitigation: 47                

• Keen: 1                

• Regen: 18                

• Thorns: 7               

Equipment:       

Skills:       

• Dagger (Rank 4 / +4 Damage with a dagger equipped)               

• Light Armor (Rank 2 / +7 Mitigation with light armor equipped)                

• Block (Rank 2 / +13 Mitigation with a shield equipped)               

• Concentration (No Ranks / Activated free - 5 post cooldown / Effect: Gain +1 to the BD result for a single action)               

• Survival(Extra Skill / No Ranks / Passive / Effect: Increases the health you regenerate per post to 6 when out of combat. Survival also gives immunity to damage dealing environment effects)

(We'll roll the LD to decide turn order so I'll just get mine out of the way now.)

ID # 51592 | LD: 4 (FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU-)

Edited by Seul

As the golden haired spear man walked to the center of the arena, he couldn't help but shake his head in distaste, Lawfer wasn't much for duels. At this point, he had made it a point to avoid them due to his build. Low Mitigation, but high in loot gathering, those were his quickest means for strengthening himself in the wilds until he was able to reach the next Tier of Equipment. The only good that would come from this was that it was a way for the guild to gain some col. The spear man had initially wanted to withdraw from the bout, he had trained with Mack before and knew that his gear was going to offer more than enough protection to mitigate all of his team's damage. Lawfer could already paint the picture in his head about how they would be  "Yo Mack, you sure have no shame. Fighting 4 guys that aren't even in the same tier as you, gotta be real brave to do that." he commented sarcastically with a smirk. 

As he walked next to Seul, he reached out and shook his black haired team members hand. "This was your bright idea wasn't it." Lawfer said with a chuckle as he reached back and grasped the pommel of his Lawbreaker, and slung it over his shoulder. As the heavy halberds tip fell to the ground and rooted itself in the arena he looked out at the crowd. "At least we made a little money today..." He stated with a blank expression, as he thought of the few things he could of been doing today. Looking back over to Seul, he laughed. "Well since we have spectators we might as well try to put on a show."

Spoiler

STATS:       

• Level: 20             

• Health: 280 (Overhealth Statue)                

• Energy: 20             

• Damage: 8                

• Mitigation: 12                

• Heavy Momentum: 2

• Loot Die: +2                             

Equipment:       

• Lawbreaker Halberd ( +3 Dmg )               

• Wolf's Vanguard ( +9 Mit / +2 Heavy Momentum )               

• Lucky Pants ( +2 LD )               

Skills:       

• 2 Handed-Assault Spear (Rank 4 / +4 Damage with a 2HAS equipped)               

• Heavy Armor (Rank 1 / +3 Mitigation with light armor equipped)                               

• Concentration (No Ranks / Activated free - 5 post cooldown / Effect: Gain +1 to the BD result for a single action)               

• Survival(Extra Skill / No Ranks / Passive / Effect: Increases the health you regenerate per post to 6 when out of combat. Survival also gives immunity to damage dealing environment effects)

ID: 51631 LD: 7+2=9

Edited by Lawfer

Xion aighed as he walked slowly into the centre of the arena, his dark grey armour clanking as he purposefully strode forwards, he knew that he likely wasn't goinng to do much, but a fight was a fight and experience was experience. 

He he looked around to see the other assembled fighters, some solid damage which could hopefully get through Mack's armour, all they would need to do is keep the axe wielding warrior locked down and unable to retaliate, which was going to be tough.

"Let's see how this goes then" he said, equipping his golden spear and oversized shield. 

Spoiler

Xion

HP: 160 (overheal)

EN: 15 

MIT: 39 

Thorns: 14

Damage: 4 

Skills: 

Heavy armour (Rnk 3) 

OHAS (Rnk 1) 

Survivability 

Equipment: 

Armour of the maelstrom: 3MIT 

Aegis of the Maelstrom: 1 PAR, 2 Thorns 

Lightning strike: 2 DMG, 1PAR

ID: 51915

LD: 12

Edited by Xion

The hunter walked out into the arena, and sighed when he got to his team.  This was an incredibly one sided affair, as Seul asked them all to fight the leader of the Blades.  Drawing his blade, the hunter looked over to Seul.

"Seul, I know I told you that I would pay you back for cutting off your arm, but this is not what I had in mind."

During a previous duel with the shield / dagger user, the hunter accidentally cut off the mans arm during a no armor duel.  Thankfully, the arm would come back with time, but that didn't mean it would be mentally traumatic.  The hunter agreed to pay him back, but when he got the request to face Mack, the hunter could only comply.

"I'm not going to enjoy this..."

Spoiler

Hirru

HP: 288 (overheal)

EN: 22 

MIT: 7

Damage: 8

Skills: 

Heavy armour (Rnk 2) 

OHSS (Rnk 4) 

Survivability

Search (Rnk 1)

Equipment: 

Solace of the Lone Hunter: 3 DMG

Sorrow of the Matron Wolf: 28 Regen

Spirit of the Jade Dragon: 2 ACC / 1 EVA

ID = 51968
LD = 5

Edited by Hirru

ID: 51975
LD: 16 (Forfeiting Opening Attack)

Battle Order: Mack, Xion, Lawfer, Hirru, Seul

Mack: 125/125 (30/30) 66 Mit., 54 Regen.

"I have no chance against you by myself, Ssendom. I'm working on putting together a three on one with a few of the other Knights," Mack called back into the stands in the direction that he had heard Ssendom's voice come floating down from. Then he turned to face his opponents. Why not give them the illusion of having a chance, after all they were guildmates. "You have three rounds of free attacks," Mack declared flatly, sheathing Invictus at his back and crossing his arms over his broad chest. "Just go nuts with it. My only defense is what is provided by my armor." If this was supposed to be a test between four sets of first tier one armor and one set of tier two it made sense to at least give them an opportunity.

Edited by Mack

ID: 51977

BD: 3 ( Miss)

Xion nodded towards Mack as he stated that the four of them would be allowed three rounds of attacking before Mack retaliated. "Decided to be a merciful God today Mack?" He asked with a chuckle, before focusing on Mack. He was at no risk of being attacked so he could relax for a while , try to get a couple of hits in. 

He Jogged up to the hulking axe wielded and thrust his spear into the man's armour, the golden leaf shaped head doing little to penetrate the armour. 

"So this is what tier 2 armour is like huh..." He said, backing off in shame 

Lawfer watched as Xion barreled in and managed to not even scratch the armor of the crimson mountain known as Mack. Shaking his head, Lawfer raised his halberd and began full speed ahead. 'I know that this is going to be over quick but might as well make Mack suffer a bit.' The golden haired warrior thought to himself as his Lawbreaker began to glow crimson, indicating that he was charging a Sword art. Stopping just short of Mack, <Twin Thrust released. Two quick jabs of His spear pierced Mack's kneecaps and immobilized him with the stun status.

"This is a losing war of attrition that we have no chance of winning... So just sit there and wait a little bit longer big guy and get hit a few more times, your armor can take it." Lawfer said to Mack sarcastically as he turned away and looked at Hirru. "You're up." Lawfer said calmly as he looked to the stands. He was reminded of the movie Gladiator... "Are you not entertained?" He yelled loudly. "Just kidding... You'll get your show when Mack can move again."

<<Duel Engaged>>

[ID: 51986]
[BD: 8] <Twin Thrust> -5EN ll 8*2= 16 - 66= 1DMG +Stun

Xion - [260/260 hp // 13/15 en]
Lawfer - [280/280 hp // 15/20 en] 
Hirru - [288/288 hp // 22/22 en]
Seul - [288/288 hp // 22/22 en]

Mack - [324/325 hp // 30/30 en]

Edited by Lawfer

I missed.  I'll post more when I'm not at work.

[ID: 51987]
[BD: 2] Miss

Xion - [260/260 hp // 13/15 en]
Lawfer - [280/280 hp // 15/20 en]
Hirru - [288/288 hp // 20/22 en]
Seul - [288/288 hp // 22/22 en]

Mack - [325/325 hp // 30/30 en]

Edited by Hirru

ID: 52247
CD: 3 (No Regen)

Now was as good a time as any, Mack reasoned to himself. Admittedly, he was stunned thanks to Lawfer's attack and couldn't have launched an attack even had he not already given his word to avoid any attacks for three full rounds. But, the reason he had agreed to this duel in the first place was two-fold. First, and foremost, the ginger giant was the commanding officer of the Knights of the Blood Oath's assault team, the Crimson Blades. It would do three of his Blades, and Seul, good to remember that there was a reason why he took part in floor clearing operations and they did not. At least, not yet. They would learn that lesson soon enough. Second, it was for educational purposes for anyone that chose to show up.

"Seul, level twenty-two. Hirru, level twenty-two. Lawfer, level twenty. Xion, level fifteen," Mack called out, reciting the names and levels of his four opponents. "Simple math would tell you they're combined level is seventy-nine, mine is only thirty. Yet, as you can see, they've barely scratched me. Don't worry, their reckoning is coming in a few moments. In the meantime, low-level players should pay attention. Players in higher tier gear are considerably stronger, if you don't have top tier equipment you have no business on the front lines and you shouldn't challenge such a player to a life and death fight. It's suicide, on both counts. Well, guys, feel free to continue your attacks. I can wait, as I promised. All part of the lesson."

Edited by Mack

Large duels weren't particularly an oddity within the Castle Aincrad, especially given the general player's pension toward attempting to assert some sort of dominance over the next guy. Hearing about the multi-player duel and its participants was enough to spark Takao's interest. Upon arriving, he'd found the entry fee to be waved at the generosity of another player, and was allowed in as a result. Takao took up a seat in the stands shortly after the scuffle had already started, and noted the status of players. Mack seemed to be relatively undamaged but frozen in place, and the others looked to be having a difficult time. Takao scratched his neck as he watched. It wasn't particularly interesting, now that he'd actually sat down and looked over what had happened. Mack's ability to mitigate their damage was superior to their ability to dish it out, which meant it'd be a slow fight. He'd noted the number of opponents as well; four was a perfect number for an area of effect specialized weapon. The brunet moved from scratching his neck to restlessly bouncing his leg while his musings over the martial aspects of their digital prison continued to run wild.

OOC: Sorry about that just realized I was out of turn... been 48 hours and i want to keep this one sided slaughter still rolling...

Lawfer looked at his companions, as MAck was giving his knowledge to the crowd. THe spearman knew that with his lack of Tier 2 equipment there wasn't much he could do... but he still wanted to get another crack in on his superior. "Xion, Let me go." He said with a solemn look, the spearman was goated into the duel and wanted to get it over with. Rushing forward, he raised the tip of his Lawbreaker as he fell within range of Mack. AS it glowed crimson and silver, he released the charged <Vent Forth>. With three sweaping slashes, followed by a lunge of his spear, Lawfer watched the overhead HP bar of Mack move down slightly. Turning to the crowd, "See.... Everything Mack said was true."

<<Duel Engaged>>

[ID: Rolling]
[BD: 9 ] (8+1Crit)*8= 72 DMG-66Mit= 6DMG
[SA Used: Vent Forth- -8ep 

Lawfer - [280/280 hp // 8/20 en] 
Xion - [260/260 hp // 13/15 en]
Hirru - [288/288 hp // 22/22 en]
Seul - [288/288 hp // 22/22 en]

Mack - [318/325 hp // 30/30 en]

Edited by Lawfer

Opal had been called to watch this battle as Vice Commander to gauge the troops beneath Mack. She had come to the arena just to hear him giving off his speech, the woman sighed. "They didn't need a lecture on information they already knew about. But this is going to be a grisly battle for them...For Mack, this would be the shame as the last time with Xion. Poor guys..."

The woman found a seat high up in the arena as she sat down in her Vice Commander's Attire. She shifted one leg over the other and brought her fingers into a locking position as her elbows steeled on the arms of her chair. Her white colored eyes narrowed slightly as Lawfer attacked, she only shook her head. To beat a high mitigation like that, one would need to boost their damage output or find a way to break the armor or find a way through the mitigation. Phase weapons would have been handy for the tier one players, but they were beyond difficult to get as Merchants or Boss Drops were the only accessible means. The woman shifted her right hand upwards, swinging the locks of white and red from her eyes and face. If anything, she could see what sort of equipment Mack had on, perhaps one day she would have a duel with the Crimson Blades Leader as well. Though she was more of a DPS character, her mitigation was as flimsy as those who turned to Mack in this battle. She would need dueling equipment specifically to match Mack's.