[PP] The song of steel (Nixon)

Xion smiled as he walked into the glorious arena that served as the proving grounds for many great warriors, a group which the rank aspired to one day join...one day. 

Today was not that day, but it was the first step among many that he would need to take on his journey, the tank had met a player called Nixon not too long back, he was a whip user, and a fellow tank. A rare sight indeed. As the blonde looked around the arena he could not see the other player, maybe he was late? He thought. 

"Either way" he said to himself, scrolling through his menu with purpose, his golden apear and massive shield materialising in his right and left hands respectively. "This fight shall be a glorious one"

Xion: The Maelstrom (hope you don't mind the title) 

Level: 15

HP: 60 

MIT: 39 (a certain someone told me it was higher)

Thorns: 14 

DMG: 4 base 

PAR: 2 Slots (procs on rolls of 8 plus) 

Edited by Xion

(Don't Forget about your Over Health)

Nixon entered the arena he was ready for a fight. he walked over to the fellow tank Xion and placed his hand on the orb. "Sorry I'm late, I  had a hell of a time finding this place. Well this will defiantly be a day to remember. It is not everyday that you get challenged by someone who is 5 levels higher then you. Even rarer that the lower leveled player would accept." he smiled in a joking fashion "So no consumables just armour and weapons?" He assumed that was the case. he readied himself for whatever was to come. "You may have to first attack my friend"

Nixon: The Abandon

Level: 10

Over Health HP: 140

Energy: 10

MIT: 35

Thorns: 14 

DMG: 3 base 

PAR: 1 Slot (procs on rolls of 9 plus) 

Bleed: 1 Slot (procs on rolls of 9 plus)

Edited by Nixon

ID: 51898

BD: 2 (miss) 

Xion nodded "let is have a glorious and honourable battle today my friend" he said, before the duel timer began to count down. This was the first time hat he had used the new arena, and Xion was unused to his HP having three digits "160HP...this is going to be a war of attrition, a true test of our determination" he said before the duel timer finished counting. Now the battle begins. 

The tank rushed forwards, aiming to get a quick first strike on his opponent, but missed by mere inches. That would cost him. 

Xion (160/160) (14/15en) (-2 for missing, +1 turn regeneration) 

Nixon (140/140) (10/10en) 

Nixon watched as the The Maelstrom took the opportunity given to him by The Abandon. The strike ran past Nixon by a hair, but Nixon knew how to use this to his advantage. as The Maelstrom flashed past, The Abandon brought down his whip hard against his back. Before swiftly turning around to his opponent There was no reason for him to use Sword arts as the man he was facing had much higher armour than any amount of damage Nixon could do.

ID# 51910 Result: Combat 7 (Success) [3-39=1DMG] | [14 Thrns]

Xion 159/160 HP | 14/15 Energy | 39 MIT | 14 Thrns | 2 PAR | 4 DMG

Nixon 126/140 HP | 10/10 Energy | 35 MIT | 14 Thrns | 1 PAR | 1 Bleed | 3 DMG

Edited by Nixon

ID: 51916

BD: 9 (1 DMG after MIT, PAR for one turn) 

Xion grinned as his opponent took the chane to attack his exposed back. Missing had turned out to be beneficial for him, as even though he had missed and wasted valuable energy, Nixon's attack did more damage to him than it did to Xion. 

But now was the time to strike, he quickly turned around, his gaze focused on Nixon's chest, the largest body mass, focusing on such a target meant that he was less likely to miss, and thus could execute his plant. 

He then charged, driving his spear into Nixon's abdomen as electricity arced from the golden weapon into the player's body, the boy going limp in the process. 

"Have you ever faced paralysis before, it's sort of my thing" he said with a grin. 

Xion (159/160) (14/25EN) 

Nixon (125/140) (10/10EN) [PAR]

Nixon smiled at the pain, it was the strongest hit he had felt... well... ever. He then collapsed to the ground "Ha, no I've never faced it. though i have used it quite often." Nixon smiled at Xion He wasn't scared, he knew that Xion wouldn't kill him, though he might get close. He laughed to himself. "I have a question though, Why did you hold back on that strike? You and I both know you could have done better" Nixon's eye's were somewhat taunting, but also happy. He was having fun, he felt adrenaline rush though him while he laid there.

Xion 159/160 HP | 14/15 Energy | 39 MIT | 14 Thrns | 2 PAR | 4 DMG

Nixon 125/140 HP | 10/10 Energy | 35 MIT | 14 Thrns | 1 PAR | 1 Bleed | 3 DMG (paralyzed) 

Edited by Nixon

ID: 51923

BD: 9 (1 DMG after MIT) 

"It's fun to use right? Although I know the frustration of being helpless while your opponent pummels you" he said, taking a moment to remember his duel with grave a while back: Good times. 

"Also I'm sorry, but today I'm going to teach you about para-locking...again sort of my thing" he said, almost looking sorry as he Activated his <Maiming blow> sword art the system moving his body as he stabbed Nixon's legs one after the other, stunning him. 

Xion: (159/160) (11/15 EN) 

Nixon (124/140) (10/10EN) [Stunned] 

Nixon laughed "yeah, it is great. So what does 'para-locking' mean?" he asked still unable to move. He felt the spear enter his legs but he didn't even wince. He wasn't sure what was going on, though he didn't really care. He knew that he would more than likely loose anyways. His striking blue eyes sparkled in the sunlight. He didnt know why this was so much fun to him, he was getting plumbed after all, Though it didn't really feel like pain. It was just there. He wasn't a masochist so he didnt get pleasure out of it, it was more of the feeling of being unable to feel. There was nothing weirder than that feeling. He did however begin to feel emotion stir within him, he thought back on his life. everything that he had seen, everything he had felt. 

Xion 159/160 HP | 14/15 Energy | 39 MIT | 14 Thrns | 2 PAR | 4 DMG

Nixon 124/140 HP | 10/10 Energy | 35 MIT | 14 Thrns | 1 PAR | 1 Bleed | 3 DMG

ID: 51928

BD: 4 (miss) 

"Well Nixon para-locking is what I'm doing to you, chaining paralysis and stunning to ensure that your opponent stays immobile and  unable to attack" he said, he almost felt sorry for the boy. Para-locking, had in the past been seen as a dirty tactic by almost anyone that he had duelled, and it was just as effective now. "I should have gone for a hammer honestly..." He said absent mindedly before taking a stab at the limp form of Nixon, missing. 'Typical' he thought, Cardinal being an ass as usual. 

He then backed off, ahield raised, prepared for an attack. 

Xion: (159/160) (10/15 EN) 

Nixon (124/140) (10/10EN) 

Nixon Chuckled as he stood up "Yeah however most of the best stun effects would have come at a higher SP cost and you would have needed to spend less on defense and more on offence." Nixon then cracked his whip at Xion but missed by a hair. he wasn't really that upset about it as he knew that even if he had hit The Maelstrom, Nixon would have taken more damage than he would have dealt. He brought up his shield in hope to block whatever it was that Xion would send toward him next.

ID# 52057 Result: Combat 5 (Fail)

Xion 159/160 HP | 14/15 Energy | 39 MIT | 14 Thrns | 2 PAR | 4 DMG

Edited by Nixon

ID: 52071

BD: 3 (miss) 

Xion smiled and nodded his head in agreement "I would have had to make my build more of a bruised one then...but oh well, tanks are rare and someone has to fill the role" he said before Nixon's whip missed him by mere inches. 'That' he thought 'was close'. 

But the Maelstrom was quick to answer; rushing forward and lunging with his spear; missing again my inches, almost an exact copy of his opening move

Xion (159/160) (9/15 EN) 

Nixon (124/140) (9/10EN) 

Nixon smiled as The Maelstrom mimicked his first attack. He wasn't about to fall for that again. Nixon jumped into the air and swiftly brought his whip down on Xion's back. The man fell to the ground unable to move. "Well, let us see what I have learned. Shall we?" he laughed slightly, and watched as the Pixel's of blood dripping out of The Maelstrom's  wounds. It wasn't going to last long, but Nixon couldn't let this opportunity go to waist.

ID# 52072 Result: Combat 9 (Crit Success) [3-39=1DMG] | [No Thrns] | +Paralyze, + Bleed

Xion 150/160 HP | 9/15 Energy | 39 MIT | 14 Thrns | 2 PAR | 4 DMG (Paralyzed, Bleed)

Edited by Nixon

Xion winced, being paralysed was a bitch, and even worse his thorns didn't activate. "I see you've taken my lessons as they were to heart. You'll be a good tank one day" he said with a grin as he watched his HP slowly drain. 'This kid has bleed?' He thought. 'I need to make sure that he doesn't land another crit then' he thought. 

Xion (150/160) (9/15 EN) 

Nixon (124/140) (9/10EN) 

Nixon Took invantory of the situation and decided to activate his <<Concentration>> Skill. He calmly walked over to Xion. he then activated a Sword art he had never tried before <<Whiplash>> his whip glowed the blue of his eyes and he smacked the whip down on Xion's face stunning him. "Sorry mate, but I have never tried that one before." He watched as Xion's health continued to drop from bleed, Nixon knew it wasn't going to last much longer.

ID# 52091 Result: Combat 8+1=9 (Modified Crit Success) [3+1-39=1DMG] | [No Thrns]

Xion 141/160 HP | 9/15 Energy | 39 MIT | 14 Thrns | 2 PAR | 4 DMG (Stun, Bleed)

Nixon 124/140 HP | 5/10 Energy | 35 MIT | 14 Thrns | 1 PAR | 1 Bleed | 3 DMG

Edited by Nixon

Xion's face was contorted in anger, Nixon was para-locking him while bleeding his HP down. 'Karma is a cruel mistress' he thought as he watched his HP drop, hopefully that was the end of it. "Once I'm able to move again I swear" he said, his voice laced with anger and frustration. 

Xion (141/160) (9/15 EN) 

Nixon (124/140) (5/10EN) 

Nixon chuckled as he hit Xion again, however he watched as his health dropped from thorns "I am going to kill myself at this rate." He said. He looked at the disdain on Xion's face. It had changed in a matter of seconds. Nixon realized that he was becoming serious, this wasn't fun and games anymore. Xion wanted to win, and naturally Nixon was going to do everything in his power to prevent that from happening. Nixon gave a sly smile as The Maelstrom stood up before lifting his sheild

ID# 52098 Result: Combat 8 (Success) [3-39=1DMG] | [14 Thrns]

Xion 140/160 HP | 9/15 Energy | 39 MIT | 14 Thrns | 2 PAR | 4 DMG 

Nixon 110/140 HP | 5/10 Energy | 35 MIT | 14 Thrns | 1 PAR | 1 Bleed | 3 DMG

Edited by Nixon

ID: 52104 

BD: 6 (hit)

As Xion got up, hefting his shield to his front, holding his spear to the side there was fire in his eyes, fire and fury. For a second he did nothing, staring Nixon down, his eyes seemingly piercing the other player's soul. Then he attacked. 

With speed that was impressive for a tank Xion rushed forwards, his spear glowing a brilliant red and humming as he activated his <<Maiming blow> sword art, his spear lashing out and tearing through Nixon's upper legs, the player falling to the ground. Xion didn't care that he had activated his opponent's thorns, he was too angry to care. "I...I told you..." He said slowly, seething for some reason, this had happened to him once before, during his first duel against Grave. As soon as he started to lose something snapped and he had suddenly been granted strength somehow, strength that allowed him to overcome his foe.

(Hope you don't mind it's a thing that I like to happen to Xion during some duels, not a skill or anything) 

Xion (126/160) (5/15 EN) (-14 thorns) 

Nixon (109/140) (5/10EN) [stunned]

Edited by Xion

(you are fine but my health would be at 109 not 123)

Nixon laid there in a daze. Where had that power come from? well at least he wasn't holding back. Nixon laughed as he hit the ground, something about this man had changed, as if a demon inside of him had been unlocked what was it that made him so powerful? perhaps something of the man's history? Nixon didn't know, but maybe one day he would fine out. Nixon took a sharp breath in as he prepared himself for whatever the next attack was to be. he had a feeling, however, that he should get comfortable.

Xion 126/160 HP | 5/15 Energy | 39 MIT | 14 Thrns | 2 PAR | 4 DMG 

Nixon 109/140 HP | 5/10 Energy | 35 MIT | 14 Thrns | 1 PAR | 1 Bleed | 3 DMG (Stunned)

Edited by Nixon

ID: 52110 

BD: 2 (miss) 

As the Maelstrom looked down upon his foe, still seething with rage a thought crossed his mind. Would he have been able to do this in real life? Would he have been able to raise his weapon against a fellow human being and attack them? Probably not, he wasn't one to fight when he still lived in reality. 

He then raised his spear, driving it sharply into the ground next to Nixon's leg. The maelstrom said nothing, but he knew that Kayaba was watching him right now, laughing at that poor display.

Xion (126/160) (4/15 EN) 

Nixon (109/140) (5/10EN) 

Nixon watched as the Maelstrom who was seemingly deep in thought plant his spear into the ground at Nixon's feet. "What happened to you?" Nixon asked, as he dug deep into his memory to find his teachings in Psychology. as he did this mindlessly swung his whip at Xion, not really trying to hit. He was doing what he could to find what made this man turn from happy to monstrous so quickly. He decided he would use this time to learn about his opponent, even if that meant he would loose.

ID# 52133 Result: Combat 5 (Fail)

Xion 126/160 HP | 5/15 Energy | 39 MIT | 14 Thrns | 2 PAR | 4 DMG 

Nixon 109/140 HP | 5/10 Energy | 35 MIT | 14 Thrns | 1 PAR | 1 Bleed | 3 DMG 

Edited by Nixon