I had the thought recently after signing up for this site and, out of curiosity, I tried digging into various MMO's which can, for the most part, be considered SAO like. There's a lot of MMO's out there like Everquest, LotR, WoW, Mabinogi, ESO, FF:XIV and even some soon to be released ones like Bless and Blade & Soul. But even after all my searching, I never found anything related to SAO other than one thing.

http://www.siliconera.com/2013/09/29/lot-sword-art-online-fans-playing-final-fantasy-xiv/

In this little gaming article, it talks about how there are probably 4,800 players in Final Fantasy XIV who have a name related to Sword Art Online -- particularly Asuna and Kirito based names. So it makes me wonder, if this is the case, why isn't there a SAO rp based guild in FFXIV which solely does that? I mean, if you think about it, it's probably the closest thing to Sword Art Online and it even has really nice game play as well as graphics. So it's essentially be the same as what we do here on these forums, except in an actual MMO. This is, of course, putting aside that FFXIV isn't F2P, but there are alternatives like Mabinogi or something.

Anyway, thoughts? Opinions? Possibility of people actually willing to try this on something like Mabinogi to start out? (I think it'd be a neat idea to test drive and maybe bring some more people into the fold.

Possibility of people actually willing to try this on something like Mabinogi to start out?

I like how you keep mentioning Mabinogi, which is somewhat an uncommon MMO in the sea of sameness of MMO's. And it's the only MMO I just so happen to still play. You and I can try something in Mabi, but all my characters are in Mari server. If your in Mari, add Erroneous and lets meet up!

I like how you keep mentioning Mabinogi, which is somewhat an uncommon MMO in the sea of sameness of MMO's. And it's the only MMO I just so happen to still play. You and I can try something in Mabi, but all my characters are in Mari server. If your in Mari, add Erroneous and lets meet up!

I just noticed how many times I happen to mention it in the OP, lol. I actually only played it a few times very briefly since I downloaded it, so I am not really familiar with it, I just figured it the best choice as it is free to play. Though I wouldn't mind giving it a try. I'll try logging in possibly tomorrow and adding you. Maybe we can start building up from there. :)

• 4 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Please, don't bring up Aura Kingdom. That thing crashed my fossil of a computer. As for guilds in MMOs, I'm totally on board with this, and think it sounds like a great idea. This would also help us promote the site, and having more users and publicity can never be a bad thing.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

just to mention out of the blue what about runescape? sure old and outdated and the graphics are awful but its free and not demanding on any laptop specs and surprisingly good fun with friends and dungeoneering is god fun to do as well I recommend trying to beat all 60 floors on hard mode lol also its possibly the closest thing to sao iiif you look close enough and go with the p2p version with the new sword skills and dual wielding and all that just don't expect it to be amazing it gets boring and repetitive since its click to move etc but for a few hours here and there with friends its not to bad a game plus the addition of hardcore mode makes it so when you die your account is deleting but is kept in the high scores so isn't that kinda like SAO

• 1 year later...