[PP-F14] (Quest) The Lich's Calling (Takneil, Ariel)

The arena, barren and desolate, aside from the skeletal figure that stood erect within its center, could house roughly thousands of players. However, given the status of the figure in the center, almost no one was here ever. The Lich King stood, watching over the arena, waiting for some fool to accept its challenge. That fool would be Oikawa, however; he wouldn't be alone. Given his new outlook on life, the blonde decided t recruit the up and coming Takneil, and a veteran by the name of Ariel. While Oikawa was sure he could take the Lich alone, the risk vs reward was just a bit past his confidence cap. Stepping to the arena, a message prompted him to accept the quest, he however would wait till the oter two arrived before doing so.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As she already did this quest before right after the new floor was available, the blonde knew exactly where to go when Oikawa asked her to join him. A white furred lioness was, as always, 'leading' her to the spot where they we're supposed to meet Oikawa. The companions pass by the two Barracks and throw a suspicious look around to see if any other hostiles might try to get in their way. Luckily there weren't any and the two made their way towards the Arena where their battle against the crowned lich. This time she wouldn't joke about misunderstanding the nature of their enemy purposely acting confused on whatever they were going to fight a 'lich' or a 'leech', as in her native tongue the two words are pronounced almost identically. A small smile decorated her facial expression as she remember that particular joke.

Soon enough the would be inside the Arena and she would spot one of the few friends that she had since her beginning.... or since when she decided to actively take part in the clearing of this game. She looked around, or better said Kimba looked around after she too spotted Oikawa. The lioness wanted to see her leopard friend and play with him some more. With a low growl she went in search for him. Ariel ignored her familiar's action and decided to greet Oikawa with a smile: "So you ready for that rematch?" she asked with a smile. It's been too much since the two have fought by each other's side except for a boss fight. 

Following the directions given to him by Oikawa Takneil made his way through the fourteenth floor, doing his best to avoid any pointless squabbles that would compromise his Hit point and energy levels. Soon the monochrome haired boy was approaching the three figures, the blacksmith and a duo he hadn't seen in a long time. Swiping open his menu he rechecked all of his equipment and potions, he would need to be careful about this fight. One slip up it could cost him his life, Something he had grown rather fond of. Feeling his heart race he looked to the others, "any form of strat or we just going in smacking everything in sight?"

((OOC sorry for the short post, someone POed me in chat and ruined my muse for the day))

The first to arrive was Ariel and her companion Kimba. The cloaked man immediately to note of Kimba searching for the usual snow leopard. Looking to the cub, he nodded, signifying that King would be absent today due to the usual form of laziness. Swiveling his sights towards Ariel, he waved as she neared and listened as she immediately broke into conversation. Once she had finished, the white covered lad replied, "Well hello to you to Kayla", poked the man with a chuckle, as he used her actual first name rather than her username. "And I suppose I do owe you an official rematch huh, maybe once the next floor is attained, I'll entertain you with a bout. It my hiatuses as of late, it seems you have surpassed me. But I agree. It has been far too long since we last battle alongside each other outside a boss fight. This should be fun."

Just as he finished, Takneil arrived on the scene. Decked out in all his gear, the lowest-leveled in the group pegged them with a question the male blonde already had an answer to. "I, like Ariel here, am consider a DPS character, of course were gonna smack everything insight hehe. Mainly the Lich. Ariel and I will focus it, and if its not dead after both of our attacks, I want you to clean him up Tak. Then we'll handle the minions and call it good. Everyone game?"

At Oikawa's negative response Kimba let out a displeased roar and went nearby, outside of the arena, sitting down on a seat and yawning. She was really excited to see her friend again but was denied the chance to do it so she found little motivation to stay with the rest. The blonde simply watched and shrugged, already aware of what ticked her companion. "Well that's one of us out of the battle." she said with a chuckle after listening to Oikawa. The use of her first name didn't pass unnoticed as the blonde squinted her eyes at him and showed a vile smile. "I'll be looking forwards to it." The strategy sounded good, basically a more flourished version of: she and Oikawa go big, Takneil gets the loud part. "He might surprise you." added the blonde then continued with a smile: "He's Cal's protegé after all." The blonde looked towards the arena and sighted: "So are we doing this or not?" she asked impatiently.

opening his inventory the armored boy swiftly downed one of the potions he had picked up from Zandra's pharmacy not too long ago, he had originally planned to save them for his own quests. but he had plenty to spare. Finishing off the weird liquid he let the glass bottle drop, causing it to shatter against the ground. "You guys are going to have to hit that thing as hard as you can, at the moment I am sadly Mitigation focused more than I am Damaging and from what I heard this enemy could even one hit me if I'm not careful." scrolling down through his items he spawned two more potions in his hand and extended them out to the duo. "I also have a couple damage potions if you guys need them, I may be a low level but i often have enough Col to prepare myself!" he joked in an attempt to lighten the mood. "I am Cal's Protege yes, but I am still far from dealing even half of the damage he can. Actually last I checked I'm still at four or five base damage in general. Though thanks to Oikawa I can sneak in an extra chunk or so depending on how good my day is going." he chuckled. 

Takneil Drinks Safeguard Potion.

Takneil offers X1 +2 DMG Potions to Ariel and Oikawa.

Edited by Takneil

"Well lets not keep the Lioness waiting," joked Oikawa as he quickly hit accept on the quest pop-up. Suddenly if by magic the barrier separating them from the arena lifted and he stepped down onto the staircase leading to the Lich King and his subordinates. pausing at the sound of Takneil's response. The blonde turned and chuckled. "Damn. You know you're falling behind when you don't have a protege. Ariel it seems like we have more work to do. And thank you for this Tak," explained the blonde as he grasped the potion and consumed it. Tucking the flask into his coat, he eyed the Lich below. "Well lets go end this. Take note, once we kill the Lich King we still have to kill his two guards. Once were done there, we can check to see if there is a dungeon beneath here. If so we should explore it."

Consumed +2 Damage Potion.

Stats:

Spoiler

Stats:
173 HP
42 Energy
4 Accuracy
0 Evasion
15 Base Damage (+2 Damage Potion)
12 Mitigation

Items
Orochi - Perfect Rapier [+6 Damage]

Citrine Badge - Perfect Lucky Charm [+2 Recovery/ +1 Accuracy]
Clasp of the Progenitor - Perfect Lucky Charm [+2 Accuracy/ +1 Loot Die]

Skills
One Handed Rapier | Rank 5
Battle Healing | Rank 1
Light Armour | Rank 3
Search and Detect| Rank 3
Charge | Rank 3

Concentration
Survival

Skill Mods
Athletics
Precision

Reveal

Showing a smile at her male blonde haired, rapier user counterpart for his joke she replied with a playful tone: "Yup, you were with the Brigade when I introduced the mentor-protegé system within Absolute Pin. It's nice to see a shred of that remained intact but yeah you're way behind... I have a protegé too, didn't hear from her for a while now." added the blonde, with a glimpse of sadness in her eyes at the end. She then looked at Takneil and nodded while taking the potion: "Thank you! I'll put it to good use."she said as she next smashed the potion against her right vambrace, letting it drip from the armor part onto the weapon. The white crowned lion logo on the top of the vambrace shines in a dark crimson color signaling that the potion's done its effect specified effect. Next nodding to Oikawa's statement: "Sounds good to me!" she added in a excited tone.

Spoiler

Stats:

• Health: 189 / Energy: 46 / Basic Damage:15 * / Damage Mitigation: 48
  • Accuracy: 3 / Evasion: 2 / Light Momentum: 1

Skills & Mods:

• One Handed Rapier: Grandmaster -> Precision Rank 5 Ferocity
  • Light Armor: Expert ->Athletics
  • Charge: Grandmaster ->Bullrush
  • Concentration
  • Survival

Equipped Items:

1. Broken Dream, +6 Damage
  2. Omamori: Feline Eyes, +2 Evasion +1 Accuracy
  3. Apoyo del Leon, +36 Damage Mitigation +1 Light Momentum

Battle Ready Inventory:

1. +2 Damage Potion. Used
  2. 8X HP Crystals ( 4X20 HP / 4X25 HP)
  3. Banner of Support (20 HP heal for 4 party members/ 3 Charges out of 4) 
  4. 2X  Medella crystallus, 2nd grade 2nd edition (+40 HP Recovery) [Crystal]
  5. 1XBasic Teleport Crystal
  6. «Holy Sovereign Orb of Antioch» (+4 Prosperity, Bloodclot) [Trinket]   [Dimensional Backpack slot]

Edited by Ariel - The Crowned Lion

Forming a smile as the two before him took the potions so willingly the boy did a double, double check of his equipment. You could never be to sure when going against a strong opponent. He had only encountered Ariel a few times before this, granted once upon a time he was apart of the same guild as her but he had only finished his initiation a few moments before it was disbanded so he didn't really count that. Oikawa on the other hand, Takneil was a frequent customer to his forge and had spent a small fortune worth of Col for new equipment. He only knew of the smith as a smith. Yet they trusted him...

Sliding his menu over to his inventory he prepared his own Potion, following the two frontliners down the stairs he tipped it. Allowing the liquid to escape from it's glass prison. Taking a breath he nodded as he saw the damage boost affect had been applied. "I'm down for a dungeon, as long as I survive this quest." He stated. Sure, he was concerned for his well being. Though he had done this same song and dance with Calrex, he just had to trust in these two.

Gazing towards the enemies his orange eye focused on the one they were targeting. "I'll hang back and flank him if needed, I won't engage until it's clear I need to focus on the main enemy as well." He stated his plan. reaching for the hilt of his new weapon Takneil smirked confidently as the <<Eternal Melody>> wrapped around him in a shroud of black wisps, releasing a chilling wave of air. 

Spoiler

Stats...
HP:76/76
Energy:19/19
Damage:9
Damage Mitigation:35
Next Attack will deal no Damage. (safeguard)

Skills...
Rank 3 One Handed Curved Sword.
Rank 1 Heavy Armor.
Rank 1 Block.
Howl (-_-#)
Survival.
Concentration.

Equipped...
Eternal Overture- +3 Damage. (One Handed Curved Sword)
Eternal Harmony- +2 Thorns, +1 Regen. (Shield)
Eternal Melody- +3 Damage Mitigation. (Heavy Armor)

At ready...
-x3 +2 Damage Potions.
-x1 Safeguard Potions.
-x4 +20 HP Recovery Potion
-Eternal Sonata (+1 Damage, +2 Bleed)
-Mimic's Essence (+2 Loot Die, +1 Prosperity)

"Then lets move," exclaimed the blonde as he released his blade its sheath and descended into the Colosseum. Not even seconds into setting foot into their vicinity, the Lich King's henchmen sprung to action. Nimbly maneuvering past both [Skeletal Lich], Oikawa dipped low and let his arm draw back as he activated <Charge> and the pre-motion for <Over Radiation>. Feeling the blade gain weight, he rocketed forward and released a relentless thirteen strike wave of thrusts that riddled the skeleton king's frame and causing his HP to falter to that of near death. Jumping back, he side-stepped the two guards and called for Ariel to finish him off so they could kill the two undead minions and complete the quest. "All yours Ari. Takneil, lets grab the two minions next."

ID: 55707 BD: 5 [Over Radiation= 15 + 3 = 18 x 13 = 234 DMG]

Oikawa: 173/173 E: 29/42 (-13 E)

Ariel: 189/189 E: 46/46

Takneil: 76/76 E: 19/19

[Lich King]: 116/350 D: 112 (-234 HP)

[Skeletal Lich]: 45/45 D: 25

As soon as Oikawa started moving, the blonde wasn't far behind him. Her blood started pumping as the prospect returning to the old days when she and the guy in front of her went 'floor boss' hunting together. Too bad as it was already too sort of a experience as Oikawa took two thirds of the field boss' max HP. "You taking all the fun out of it. You know?" she asked as she passed by him, charging with all she had towards it in order to finish it. She'd execute the same sword art as him, not wanting to let the thing any room for a possible counterattack. 
She got carried away, just wasted energy... she would've needed just to use a lesser tier with about half of the damage output and still kill the thing easily. As her flashy sword art's hot combo reached 13 the skill disengaged and the boss died in a flashy brilliance. "I guess that's that." she said, her tone loosing  her earlier excitement. She then turned towards the 3rd member of the party: "Okay Tak is your turn to shine!" she said with smile.

ID: 55711 BD: 10 (nat) LD: 14  
Sword Art:  (13)Over Radiation - 13x1*(15+2+5+1) = 299 Raw Damage

Oikawa: 173/173 E: 29/42

Ariel: 189/189 E: 33/46 (-13 E)

Takneil: 76/76 E: 19/19

[Lich King]: -183/350 D: 112 (-299 HP) DeadLoot: 1750 col & 1 Material

Gazing through the helm of his armor the boy eyed the <<Lich King's>> Hit Points, it all seemed to transpire in mere moments. Oikawa had been the first to attack the quest boss with a sword art he had never seen before, many swift blows stripped away the skeletal being's hp gauge. While not dead Takneil could easily assume it's death, especially with the lion stalking her prey. His offer to flank it was not needed. Grasping the hilt of his new weapon he began walking towards the two remaining mobs, maybe one day he could break a boss in a matter of seconds...of course he would have to live to see to it that it happens. 

Kicking off of the dirt Takneil Concentrated on his opponents, they were still in mid process of trying to heal their already fallen king. if he screwed this up he would only embarrass himself. No!, he couldn't let that happen. They weren't allowed to survive a strike from him, unsheathing the black blade he pushed against the ground leaping into the air. Initiating the required motions for his sword art, Twirling <<Eternal Overture>> the monochrome boy smirked as it began to glow pure white. Now he at least wouldn't look like a fool. 

Cascading down upon his opponents the player slammed his sword into the ground, releasing a powerful shockwave. The attack shuddering through his targets he chuckled as they shattered into pieces. Seemed he wasted a safeguard. Turning towards his allies he sheathed his blade. "Oikawa, could you define 'let's' for me?" he joked confidently. 

ID# 55730 results: Battle: 5+1=6 Craft: 3 Loot: 14.
Concentration Activated!
Sword Art: Death Creep~9*6=54 AoE Damage.

Oikawa: 173/173 E: 29/42

Ariel: 189/189 E: 33/46 

Takneil: 76/76 E: 7/19 (-12)
Concentration Cooldown(-5)

[Lich King]: -183/350 D: 112

[Skeletal Lich]: -9/45 D: 25 (-54 HP) DEAD

[Skeletal Lich]: -9/45 D: 25 (-54 HP) DEAD

Edited by Takneil

"Pfft that Lich was dead the second we accepted the quest. I knew it had zero chance of survival and with young Takneil over here pixelizing the last of our enemies, this quest is literally all tallied up. Let's take a quick breather and rest up. There's bound to be a dungeon around here somewhere right?" Heading towards the arena wall, he hoisted himself up and brought up his menu. Swapping out his [Clasp of the Progenitor] for the [Leopard Plushy] Ariel created a while back, he equipped the item and waited for the other two to take a seat as well. Looking around the Colosseum, he spotted a gleaming object not to far from where he sat. Reaching over, he picked up the metallic item. Lich's Ore eh? Hmm free material, he chuckled internally.

ID: 55772 LD: 16 (+1 Material, 1 Material total)

Oikawa: 173/173 E: 30/42 (+1 E)

OOC: After Ariel posts, I'll post again so I can roll for the dungeon on post 15.

"Yes yes, show us that Azure pride... general." said the blonde with a mischievous smile as she addressed her friend by a title he held onto for a while. But she wouldn't blame him, she too had developed a similar ....'pride' when she too was a member of the brigade, the old one at least. Even found it ironic that she was 'officially' part of the Brigade again even after what happened. 
" A break sounds like a great idea, maybe we can get a chance to catch up a bit. Seems like ages have passed since we got to talk casually. SO tell me, how have you guys been?" she asked nonchalantly. Engaging in a little casual conversation wouldn't hurt... would it? 

ID: 55873 LD: 18 (+1 Material, 2 Materials total)

"Azure pride?" mimicked the blonde. "I haven't been Azure for a week now. There is no pride in that guild. Only elitists who think the rest Aincrad should bend to them. Their throne will be usurped soon enough though. That I'm sure of." Clearing his throat, he glanced about the arena once more. This time is gaze settling onto an opening not far from where they sat. Gesturing to it, he addressed Ariel's follow up and made an inquiry of his own. "I'm doing better than before I suppose. Things still aren't right but the world doesn't stop spinning for our personal problems hehe. How are you? And also, have you guys seen that opening before? I think it leads to a sub-dungeon."

Sub-Dungeon ID: 55882 LD: 22 (15+7) [Advanced Dungeon Found]

Letting out a sigh the monochrome boy sat between the two players, his armor slowly degrading back so only the chest plate was left. he had honestly expected a much longer battle, for him to take some damage. hell even a full on chance to die. Looking to the two before him he couldn't help but smile, it seemed he was in good hands. "Well recently Calrex has been bit of a no show on my end so I've had to basically get to this point on my own." He stated in response to Ariel, one could see the sullen look in his eye as he glanced towards the ground, a brief flicker of sadness. But soon returned his normal smile. "level nine to level nineteen on my own, so I guess it isn't all bad. I mean I managed to make my own shop and have started helping out lower levels myself." 

Letting his eye wonder to the opening Oikawa was referring to the boy frowned. "I truly wouldn't know, I've found many things on my own journeys but a sub dungeon isn't one of them." truth be told this would be Takneil's first dungeon of any kind, even when he ended up finding one with the ultramarine knight the clad blue dude wasn't feeling like it was for them just yet. 

ID# 55899 results: Battle: 1 Craft: 6 Loot: 10 MOB: 10- No Mats :'(

Edited by Takneil

"I was there when you left... remember?" added the blonde with a sigh, not wanting to bring that up anymore. Instead she directed her gaze towards the spot he gestured towards. She didn't really see anything but followed him and replied. "I'm actually getting married soon." she said with a smile on her face and a giggle while brushing her golden hair behind her back. next turning towards Takneil she added with a comforting smile: "He has a lot on his mind, give him a bit of time and you'll see him soon" said the blonde, thinking that particular line sounded more like she was consoling him after a breakup. "That makes two of us!" she claimed as she closed in the entrance, adrenaline was starting to pump through her pixelated veins. "I've never been in one myself either!" a gulp followed her sincere statement as she followed the blond.

ID# 55915  LD: 3

OOC: On my next post I'll start spawning mobs, after we kill 15 of them, we can take on the boss and then we can exit the dungeon!

"Well then that makes three of us as this is the first time I've ever found one. Let's keep it cautious and play it by ear. I don't quite know what we've gotten ourselves into but I can honestly say I'm excited to find out." Ushering for them to follow, he stepped into the opening and began to travel down the shadowed winding staircase. Reaching the bottom, he looked up to the lioness and Takneil to make sure they were still trailing him. Once he confirmed, he stepped into the clearing and the dungeon like setting, suddenly lit up like city lights. Looking around, the place seemed remniscent of the catacombs rumored to to tunnel beneath Rome. "Well this looks interesting to say the least," murmured the cloaked figure as he bent down to collect another ore. As he did, something skittered across the floor before. Instinctively he reached for his rapier and held it at the ready. "Looks like we aren't alone down here."

ID: 55930 LD: 15 (10+5) (+1 Material, 2 Material total)

Oikawa: 173/173 E: 42/42 Full Energy)

Offering a smile to Ariel's words the monochrome boy his head in a nod. "I know, After all me and him have similar issues..." he left off, his orange eye gazing into the desolate black dirt. He had never experienced Calrex in his 'Cold persona' as he had called it, but the boy's own problems had come out during a material run on floor two. He had managed to hide it as thinking out loud but he didn't think his mentor had bought it. "He has his own demons to deal with right now, as do I. It might be for the best we haven't done any training together since then." he stated with a sigh. 

"So the three of us has yet to do a sub dungeon?, well what are we waiting for?" he stated bringing an unseen smile to his face as he stood. "i'm not sure of how much help I'll be but I'll do my best" he offered Drawing his weapon. 

"Why does it always have to be dark places?" asked the blonde while rolling her eyes as they descended, she was ready to retrieve the <<Firefly Essence>> from her inventory when the sudden, a roar could be heard from behind as a very angry lioness came down the stairs, apparently unaffected by the darkness. "Sorry..:" said the blonde as she knew they were the end of her wrath. The lioness puffed through her nostrils then closed her eyes, the blonde did the same and in the next second both opened their eyes, Kimba's gaze was unchanged. But something happened to the blonde's, her usual mirror-silver iris had been tinged black in the middle with one large golden ring after it, followed by more black. She had the same eyes her familiar had, an active effect she'd baptized 'Shared Vision' that would permit Ariel to 'see' with Kimba's help, increasing her Accuracy stat passively. Now she had little to no problem seeing in the dark, too bad this effect didn't work too well at the 10th floor as well.

But it didn't last long as a blinding light made her attempts futile. "Somebody kill the lights!" protested the blonde as she shielded her gaze with her right hand until her eyes adjusted to the new lights around them. Then she moved her head to the side to ensure there were no immediate threads, her eyes was still under the aforementioned effect and could be seen more clearly now. She turned toward Takneil and showed a mischievous smile:
"If you want, I have a cheerleader outfit and a couple of pom pons in my shop inventory. I might be using those in the upcoming boss fight as I'm placed among the last people to get a chance to actually do something." said the blonde with a self mocking tone. As she heard Oikawa's warning, she too reached for her rapier: "It was about time!" she said a bit louder, to taunt the possible enemies.

OOC: Pic for better description of the eyes.