Usage of Tier 2+ Consumables

Go to solution Solved by Tristan Delaney,

Should Extra Tier Consumables be accessible by sub-tier Levels?  

10 members have voted

1. 1. Should Extra Tier Consumables be accessible by sub-tier Levels?

It was recently ruled (Or I recently found out) that you in fact do not need to be Level 25 (The Requirement for Equipping Tier 2 Items) to use Tier 2 or higher Consumables. 

Personally, that makes little to no sense. Take it this way, If you have to be level 25 to equip the item, a Consumable cannot be pulled out of someone's inventory until they are of Required level. Since to take it out would be equipping it, thus making the Level Requirement redundant. I'd like to put forth the vote to make it so that a Player must meet Tier Requirements to use said Tier's Consumables. 

Edited by Zelrius

First, let's get the definition of equip, through google of course.

e•quip (ĭ-kwĭpˈ)

• v.
    To supply with necessities such as tools or provisions.
  • v.
    To furnish with the qualities necessary for performance: an education that will equip you to handle such problems. See Synonyms at furnish.
  • v.
    To dress up.
On these forums, we use the third definition, to dress up. To take out a T2 crystal is not "dressing it up" on you, so why should it be banned to lower leveled players? If I put on a piece of armor, I am equipping it, also "dressing it up." I cannot equip a T2 item in my offhand as a shield, therefore they are not equippables but consumables. I cannot drink a T2 shield, and neither can I wear it (Since I'm level 12), but I can drink a T2 potion. This is the main difference between an equippable and a consumable.
Edited by Ratatosk

To simply hold the item is dressing your character up in it, by that definition. It's the same as wielding a sword. So yes, Holding a consumable is temporarily dressing your character in that item for a moment, therefore should not be permitted by RPG standards

@Lowenthal That was when tiers didn't exist , now that they do, it doesn't matter anyway if a level 5 player uses a T2 crystal to increase their damage. It will still be lower than someone who is level 25 and can equip T2 gear. It seems illogical to count a simple consumable (Crystal) as a piece of gear.

Btw, did you post with your phone?

• 2 weeks later...