[PP-F5] Butcher of the Sands (Cilla, Zelrius)

Spoiler

<<Butcher of the Sands>>

"Credit to Ssendom"

This quest takes place on Floor 5
This quest is NOT repeatable. (Though you may help others complete)
This RP does not count towards the Benchmark

Renekton_4.jpg

A recently massive dust storm blew over the sands of the north of the 5th floor, an arena of spears appeared in the aftermath. A large of circle of spears angled toward the center preventing an immediate escape without time to plot your movements. The information broker has obtained knowledge regarding a new respawning Field Boss… And it is not a kind one.
Upon entering the Arena of the Sands a quest immediately appears when you have a group of people, when this requirement is not met you are simply teleported out of the arena. <<Butcher of the Sands>> all that is noted in the quest parameters, if you accept this quest you cannot leave you must fight or die.
Upon acceptance a massive armored crocodile explodes out of the ground wielding an oversized Half circle Glaive with grips on the inside, the beast towers over you and charges forward.

Requirements:
-Once you enter the arena you must fight until either you or the boss has been defeated
-The boss has no agro table, it will randomly choose a target (Depicted by the LD roll [EX. 3 people in the party, first player will be attacked on a 1-6, second on a 7-13, 14-20. Make it as even as possible]) to attack.
-Must fight this boss with at least 1 other in your party
-Only the party leader will obtain the Choose one reward.
-At least one [1] FULL Page (21 posts or more)

Rewards:

• Choose One: (Cloak or Armor) of the Sands: +2 Mitigation, +1 Thorns OR (Weapon) of the Sands: +2 Damage, +1 Bleed.
  • 3 Skill Points. (You obtain this if you help someone. You cannot receive this a second time regardless of being a Party Leader or Helper.)

<Sando Satsu> is a Field Boss and has the following statistics:
Health: 350 HP
+20 Mitigation

Damage per Attack: 40
Sando Satsu ignores Block, Evasion, and Mitigation. But does not do bonus damage on a 9-10
-Cull of the Meek: On a natural roll of 10 he will spin with his weapon at maximum reach hitting everyone in the fight. He will gain 4 hp per person hit.
-Dominus: When he reaches 70 hp, he grows massive in size upping his damage to 50 and mitigation to 30 for the rest of the fight.

Parties or Groups of players are required.
Recommended Level: 35

She had finally captured a player with a little interest in the idea of joining in on the quest, "Yes, from what I've heard, it's just a single field boss. We should be able to take care of it without a problem!" The player, while quite pleased at the thought of such an easy sounding quest, did need a few more details, "Ehh, how much HP it got? 'Sides, what's yo level?" While she was more than okay with telling him the truth, she knew what was soon to come, "It's got 350 HP if the rumors are true, it's not that bad." He narrowed his eyes as she avoided the latter question, "And?" She looked away and muttered just audible enough for him to hear her, "I'm Level 2." He laughed as if he was featured on some Aincrad spin-off of Punk'd, instantly resulting in him walking off without another word while the girl pleaded with him, "Come on! Pretty please...?" He continued on, catching up to a few other players and Priscilla let out a huff of steam as she flumped down on a nearby bench. She never knew it would be this difficult to get someone to go along with her on a quest like this, but oh boy was it frustrating, "Maybe I'll get someone to tag along by the time we hit floor 50..."

Zelrius wandered around the Fifth floor despite his better judgement. The boy's tuxedo and heavy dark Cloak made it unbearably hot to wander this floor on a regular basis, but this is where he had put his shop at the time of choosing his profession. He sighed, having failed at his crafts and not having really anything else to do for the day. That was, until he witnessed a little scene by the Quest Broker that gave out the Butcher of the Sands Quest. It appeared two players had a slight argument and the female silhouette was left along and seemingly down on her luck. He saw an oppurtunity to perhaps meet another 'Investment' for the Frontlines, Slipping onto the Bench, undoing the sashes that kept the two blades on his hips and leaning the two swords against the Bench, idly whistling the whole time to indirectly catch her attention.

Priscilla wasn't sure how long it was going to take to find someone, but she was a player that had more than a decent amount of determination so it was only a matter of time. A majority of the players that were lingering around were the same audience that had witnessed her spectacle with the other player as well as her prominent performance in recruiting just minutes prior to the failure, which meant there wasn't much use in Priscilla trying again until a bit of time had passed. In the meantime, however, she was soon joined upon the bench by a player whom had two swords equipped, leaving her amused, "Poor guy, doesn't even know that you can only use one weapon at a time." She watched as he placed them against the bench and began whistling, to which she would interrupt, "Salutations; weather's pretty harsh today, isn't it?" Normally she would introduce herself by name, but she was trying to find a quick way to start up conversation so she could inform him of the details regarding battle ready inventory and what could be equipped. After he responded, she would follow up, "I don't mean to be too impeding, but you can only use one weapon at a time. Sorry for the bad news, it would be pretty nifty though!"

Edited by Cilla

As she didn't talk for a minute, Zelrius only mused on in his own mind, lost in his thoughts. The Golden Haired boy waited patiently for her to speak, and when she did, he responded in a non-chalant tone. "Salutations to you as well," He formal-like speech pattern bringing a small smile to his face, as he shared the same sentiment.  "Eh, Floor 5's weather is always like this. Even during December when the rest of the floors are covered top to bottom in snow, This particular floor and The Floor of 9, covered in Lava, never change weather with the seasons." It was more small talk that what Zelrius was hoping for, but the fact that they had broken the ice was enough for him. Her next comment made him laugh and he made eye contact with her now. "That's cute, You're one of very few people who didn't recognize me off the bat. Trust me missy, I am well aware of what I can and cannot do. See, It wouldn't have let me even pull a secondary weapon out of my inventory if I wasn't able to wield it. Go ahead, try it yourself."

It was pretty nice to know that there was two floors that she could always run to in case the other floors were too chilly for her liking, especially if the other floors ever reached the discomforting cold of Floor 5. While she could feel goosebumps at the thought of returning to the tundra, the warmth of this floor kept them from staying for too long, "Oh, least there's a floor or two I can always rely on for short vacations. That's nice." However, she was a tad surprised when she laughed at her advise about the rules regarding weaponry as well as the bit about her not recognizing him, but kept quiet about that in case he was someone she should have known by now. She was most certainly going to try and call him out on being able to equip a secondary weapon though, silently thanking Mack for handing out freebies to inexperienced players like herself. "Oh, really?" She grinned with sarcasm in her voice as she pulled up her inventory, not having to scroll due to her lacking number of possessions, then clicked on her starter weapon, "See he-" She paused for a moment, uncertain as to why her scimitars were swapped instead of having both equipped, considering she was currently only using two of her three equipment slots. She clicked on the new scimitar once again, making sure not to equip the starter one before doing so, but failed to create the solution she desired, "But... if that isn't..." Priscilla looked up at the newcomer, raising an eyebrow, "Is this some kind of trick? Did you do some kind of quest or are you actually an NPC?"

"Aye, I often venture to those floors in the event snow covers the rest of Aincrad from Foundation to Chimney." He was more or less just trying to keep a conversation going at this point, waiting for her to make like every Low Level and ask for his help in anything. Though that anticipation was for naught, as the girl he was sitting next to on the bench continued to insist that there is no way Zelrius could equip two weapons at once. He awaited for her to try it herself, which Cilla inevitably did to know avail. He watched for a few moments as she consistently swapped weapons back and forth in an attempt to prove him wrong, of which it appeared she could not do. He only cooly smiled at her, his expression written with that of 'I told you so'. Though even despite the evident proof, it appeared that she was still skeptical and went on to ask questions he could have only expected and laughed a bit more at. "Go ahead and add me to your Friend's list. I am can guarantee you I am not an NPC. I am far more interesting than those coded pieces of Data." Though he was more reluctant to answer the former question. "It was a quest of sorts. More like an event, one that can only be done by one person once." He stood up, grabbing the blades out of their sheaths and holding one in each hand. Jerking one in her direction, holding it inches from her neck. "Zelrius, Commandant of the Azure Brigade, Level 52, at your service, Lady..?" He ended on more of a question, as he had yet to catch her name.

"Great minds think alike," she thought to herself as he too admitted to using these floors as an escape from the harsh cold. Fast forwarding to the response of the other player after Priscilla's questions of doubt, it turned out to be something a little more special than she understood. She wasn't going to pry more into the details nor how he could possibly be the only one capable of wielding multiple weapons at the same time as it didn't sound very typical to games like these, letting the following introduction take her mind over completely. While both the name of the player nor the guild wasn't ones that she recognized or had heard of, she was more captivated at the concept of the play- Zelrius being level 52. She quickly picked up where he had left off, properly introducing herself as she had failed to do so earlier while sending him a Friend Request, "Pardon my manners, I'm Cilla. Nice to meet you, Zelrius." Playing right into his trap card, luckily not being sent to the shadow realm in the process as the Aincrad veteran had good intentions, she leaned closer towards him and extended her arm across the length of the top of the bench behind him, "I hate to ask you a favor so soon after meeting you, but I really don't have anyone else to turn to." Her voice had become noticeably softer at this point and unless someone was standing directly in the immediate vicinity of the bench, they would not be able to pick up what she was saying, "I'm trying to do this quest called Butcher of the Sands, though nobody else wants to take it because..." She started to say the reason why, stopped herself short, then went on to say it anyways since she might as well be truthful while she was ahead, "... because I'm level 2... "

Zelrius only continued to keep his calm and collected expression as she spoke, currently only wanting to speak to her and find out what exactly that Fiasco was about that he witnessed up to the point she went to slump on the bench. It seemed like an argument of sorts, and the Golden haired boy's first guess was maybe a bad break up, but that was quickly ruled out as she seemed to be in a far better mood than if something like that actually happened. He listened to her sentiment on the warmer floors thing, 100% agreeing but felt like that conversation was getting slightly repetitive. Cilla seemed in disbelief for only a moment about his own 'Uniqueness' to be the only one able to wield multiple weapons at one time. As the girl formally introduced herself, the same way Zelrius had and he liked their matching speech patterns. As she leaned closer, he followed suit, sheathing his weapons and taking a slight step forward. "Nice to introduce ourselves Lady Cilla, if you don't mind me calling you that." As she asked for a favor, Zelrius raised his eyebrows a bit, this being the expected result. As she mentioned what she wanted, Zelrius was half tempted to frown and reject then, though when she spoke her level, He felt both pity, and a slight bit of joy. Just the way she said her level made Zelrius actually respect her just a bit. Accepting the Friend Request and then shooting her a Party invite, he grinned. "I just did it with a Level 1 not too long ago. So long as you promise to actually be a bit entertaining before and after the fight, I'd be more than willing to annihilate it for you."

While it was a little more formal than she had expected of Zelrius, she certainly wasn't going to argue against the use of such a respectable prefix like this. Uncertain as to whether or not to refer to him as Sir or something similar, she felt it was a little too formal for her liking and had always preferred the simplicity and cordiality of only using a person's first name. Priscilla nodded her head, "You're more than welcome to call me that, but it isn't necessary," leaving the option to his whimsy. Luckily for her, Zelrius had previously done the same quest previously with someone even lower leveled than herself which brought her hopes up as his dialogue went on. Receiving the party invite and his affirmation that he was willing to do the legwork, she gleefully thanked him for his assistance, "Thank you so much, I really do appreciate it!" She quickly removed her arm from behind Zelrius so that she could hop up without bothering him and, in the process, came within inches of knocking down both of the swords, "I'll certainly try to keep this entertaining, but do let me know if I become much of a nuisance. I can..." She shrugged her shoulders, knowing that she might as well admit to the truth, "... be a little overbearing for some people, though you seem to be quite like my type." While she didn't mean it in the manner of attraction, it likely could have been taken out of the friendly context in which she was referring to, which happened to be their similarity in behavior.

"Aye, I suppose it's not necessary, but I personally find a bit of enjoyment in speaking in that way, Lady Cilla." He added that ending part as more of a joke toward her, testing just how serious or carefree she was. As a general rule, Low Levels acted wayy too serious about things, and quite honestly, the Commandant was tired of it, he'd rather someone joke with him and make comments, be in on the occasional dirty joke, rather than the 'Grind Grind Grind, beat the Death Game' Mentality that everyone seemed to carry. While it made sense on the Frontlines and to be a daily reminder, as a general rule, it consumed most people's entire waking hours, and Zelrius was so done with it. There was no point in putting yourself through that much stress when you didn't need to. So hopefully, just maybe, Cilla would be a slight bit different from the rest. "No problem, Quest bosses pose no threat, and so long as I get the promised entertainment for it." In response to her 'Thank you' of sorts. Though her following words made him give a nervous laugh and an attempt to suppress any form of discomfort or embarrassment on his face. The Golden haired boy had in fact taken what she said out of the context of friendliness, and all he could think was "How I wish more women in this game were that straightforward." Though he didn't say anything aloud. Pulling on his collar to let some cool air flow through his tuxedo, Zelrius tried to avoid that comment. "Anyway..." He was a bit uneasy at the remark "Let's get a move on."

Edited by Zelrius

Amusingly, he was quite into the formality and still wished to refer to her in such a manner. It had a nice ring to it and, while she had no intentions of forcing other players to do so, would likely welcome it if Zelrius introduced her as such. He seemed quite friendly and excessively confident in his capabilities, which she had no doubts in due to his absurd level, informing her that none of the quest bosses concerned him. Long as he didn't expect any form of compensation, unless it was something that the boss gave as a reward and he desired it, she was more than happy to deliver her end of the bargain, "This should be easy peasy then, considering we both excel in our respective fields." She giggled and did so even more when he pulled his collar a bit, "It is pretty hot on this floor isn't it, even a little more than what I was comfortable with back home." While it wasn't something she had discussed with anyone, much less something anyone had discussed with her either, it felt a little weird referring to the real world now that this had completely replaced it so she avoided talking about it for the time being. However, while they began walking towards the ever expansive desert, she did want to bring up a question that began to dig into her train of thought, "Soooo, how long were you watching me make a fool of myself in town?" She was referring to her failed attempts to gather anyone to join her along the quest, including the joke of an attempt to persuade the guy that laughed her offer off.

As she giggled both at his comment and the pulling at his collar, evident that she knew full well why he did so, despite her comments about the actual tempature of the floor. Zelrius decided to shift gears, deciding there was no harm in being a little more open and 'suggestive' with Cilla, given she seemed to be fairly straightforward and was at the very least teasing him back and forth. He reasoned it'd be okay, Since nothing had really happened between Manta and him at this point, and so long as he wasn't directly hurting anyone's feelings. Up to this point he had held off on saying or doing anything that might be counted as flirting, partly afraid he'd creep her out or run her off, and even more afraid that Manta were to show up at the wrong moment. "You certainly don't help the temperature thing..." That was, with Cilla, his first attempt at something with Cilla, unsure why she of all people made it so much more difficult. He had no issue interacting with the females of SAO previous to this, just the seemingly openness of Cilla was a bit odd to him. As for her next question, it brought his smile up further, wondering whether or not she was going to eventually ask that. He decided to mess with her, "The whole time. The shop I was it was in view of the whole thing, while I was waiting for my orders there, I turned, and saw the whole thing." He intentionally kept it vague, actually unaware of the exact details.

It wasn't often that a player really clicked with Priscilla, having quite a few difficulties in the past in previous games whenever she made anyone a little too uncomfortable. However, this wasn't just a game where she could joke around, hop offline, or ignore people if they got upset over it. This was virtually the real world, ironically enough, and everything she did here had consequences that would pursue her, good or bad. Fortunately for her, Zelrius seemed to have little trouble opening up to Priscilla and her meddlesome manners, even taking on the opportunity at teasing her as well. On the offhand though, she hadn't been intentionally teasing him as much as she had thought so the quick-witted comment plastered a stupid, wide grin upon her face, "I.. heh... appreciate the compliment, but you give the floor a run for its col yourself." While it wasn't something that he had probably heard before, considering it was a situational and on-the-spur quip, she hoped it would be enough to get him back for catching her off-guard like that. Almost without flaw, he brought a bit more embarrassment to herself after he claimed he had witnessed her struggle from the get-go, "Oh, sheesh... I feel like I tried a little too hard to get that one guy to tag along, even though he was a little rooood." She muttered the last bit too herself, then her mind instantly wrapped itself around how long he had been watching before nonchalantly volunteering to join her on her venture, "Oooooh, I see..." She giggled once again, thinking full and well she had caught on, "You were playing hard to get weren't you?" Knowing he was more than capable of taking her strongest punch without flinching, she gave him a light, joking jab in the arm as she called him out in jest, "You fiend."

Edited by Cilla

Zelrius enjoyed the slight moment where it seemed he had won out on the game of 'Teasing'. That was, until her own comment came not too long after. It caught him completely off guard with what Cilla said and how fluently she said it. The Golden Haired boy was expect the cliche as usual stuttering and flustered attitude to result from his comment, but it was evident that either Cilla was experience in this field or was certainly much different than the average girl he had to deal with. Thought that latter part he was already more than well aware of. To be honest, Zelrius didn't know whether or not this made him more attracted to her or less. Though his attraction for someone he just met was small, it was fairly usual for him to think of things like this early on. On one hand, Her outgoingness made it so that she could clearly handle herself in social situations and possibly be more fun at Events. On the other hand, Outgoing probably meant kinky too, whether Sexual or not, the Commandant had no interest in that. Though he could be wrong about those two observations, they still lingered in his mind for a moment. He decided to play along a bit more, dropping those thoughts, remembering that this might be the only time they ever meet, as most Low Levels do. He didn't respond to her 'quip' back at him and nearly added a slight upward inflection into his voice as she brought up the other person she was talking with before Zel showed up, taking the chance to put an response Quip back. "Maybe you liked that boy just enough to beg him to come with?" He teased for a moment, leaning toward her a bit. "Though don't know why a girl had to beg anyone to go on a quest. Most people would jump at the opportunity to quest with a female, especially one as easy to talk to and cute as yourself." As for her later comment, he dropped his grin and went back to the same expressionless look he had introduced himself with. "Pft, I am a High Ranking member in a prominent Guild, and along with a string of other things, Level 52. Of course I am hard to get."