[OP-F1] Ronin & Jambi's Giveaway! (FREE STUFF)

(OOC: Ronin & Jambi are joining forces to offer their services to low level players in need, for FREE!!!  Need some gear from a Rank 5 Blacksmith or a Rank 4 Tailor? Both?!  Come on in and let us know what you need!  This thread will take place in Ronin's dusty ole' shanty shop in the Town of Beginnings.  You can browse through Ronin's Shop or Jambi's Shop to see if there's any gear already made that you'd like as well!)

The chain smoker puffed away at his cigarette, squinting his eyes through the swirling tobacco smoke as he did his best to fasten a little piece of cardboard to the wall outside his shop.  On the stained piece of crinkled cardboard, the word FREE had been written in big bold letters with a green marker.  While the hand-writing might not have been of the most elegant or meticulous nature, it served its purpose well enough.  He and Jambi had come up with the idea to combine forces and offer their services to some low level players who needed help getting started with gear or whatever else they might be able to provide.  Now, with the little sign hung outside and his nicotine fix well underway, Ronin kicked it outside, on the lookout for any players who might be interested...

Edited by Ronin

The tall silver haired player was wondering the Town of Beginnings as he so casually did on many different occasions. His usual goal, look for someone that needed something or, more importantly, a friend. One could never have too many of those. It would seem though that on this day, he would come across something that made the ever present smile on his face grow all the larger. The player would see a rather inconspicuous sign with the word free written on it and it brought him back to thinking of the last shop he had seen this at.

Lee would see a smoking player out front and decided to test his luck by approaching with a hand risen in a gesture of greetings "Hello, could I ask what the 'free' is by chance?" He would like to get the information before actually continuing onward. Though, if anything, he would like to at least make some idol conversation and possibly a new friend.

"Eh?  Oh hey pal... don't I know you from somewhere?" replied the smoking swordsman.  Ronin had his back leaned up against the front of his shop now on the opposite side of the door from his little cardboard sign.  He had one leg bent with the sole of his weathered boot pressed against the wall, while the other straight leg supported him and kept him standing.  He eyeballed the tall guy, pursing his lips around his lit cigarette and trying to figure out where he remembered this guy from.  Had they met before?  Had this guy been friendly?  He seemed friendly enough now, so what the hell... 

"You could ask all day buddy... but the answer is simple... do ya' need some free gear?  My spouse..."  Ronin paused suddenly, realizing he had just called Jambi his spouse.  "Ahem, sorry I mean... Me and my uh... friend inside are lookin' to help some players in need.  I'm a blacksmith, she's a tailor... whatever ya' need, let us know!  Feel free to take a peek inside and see what's available.  Ask the wild-eyed gal in there if ya' have any more questions..." 

Tailor Items Up For Grabs!

Spoiler

Groucho Gloves   

Item Type: Hand Wraps
Tier: 1

Quality: Uncommon

Enhancements: 1 Slots

+1DMG

Easy craft: Make a pair of magical monster gloves

***I also have a five uncommon rolls I have yet to craft anything out

of so if you want something specific just let me know!!**

Jambi was perched inside, sitting on top of Ronin's countertop and watching her familiar dance around. Japhy, the winged kitty, had never been inside here before and he was having a blast jumping from shelf to shelf and ontop of all the tools, tables and random items laying around. Jambi's teepee shop didn't have any furniture, all she had were a few butt pillows and her sewing machine which was not as conducive to a kitty jungle gym as this shop was. Jambi watched her friend goofing around as she thought about how cool this was. Ronin had mentioned earlier he was going to have a give away and Jambi didn't have many things but she figured she would help Ronin out and give away the few items that she did have extras of.

Edited by Jambi

"Eyo Jambi, we got one out here!  ...I'm sendin' him in to take a look around.  Help him out with any questions he has, 'kay?"   The swordsman poked his head into his shop briefly, relaying this info to the wild woman inside, before popping back out and giving the silver haired dude another look.  "'ey man, go on in, Jambi'll take care a' you inside..." he said, before taking another drag at his cigarette and turning his attention back down the street.  So far, their little free giveaway was getting off to a pretty slow start.  Hopefully some more people would start showing up soon...

"Yeah yeah whatever..." Jambi said in response to Ronin. She had wanted to help him out but she didn't want to be the one in charge of taking care of the customers. Jambi usually steered clear of other people, they either didn't like her or she didn't like them. Usually she didn't really care but she told Ronin she would help out and she didn't want to mess things up for him. "Why can't I be the one out in front of the store directing people in... that seems a lot easier and Ronin would do better than I would in here.."

The white clothed player would listen as the player would say that he seemed to know Lee from someplace. This would give the man pause as he would begin to think and not speak as he began to search through his memory. The cigarette smoker would speak to the player about what he wished for and if it wasn't a blacksmith he needed, he would call out to his spouse...but would then turn it into a friend. It was then that he would snap his fingers and point at Ronin "From the shop thing! Ronin, right?" It wasn't anything that set it off but he felt that if he did not acknowledge his friend then it would seem more than rude.

Lee would then turn his attention toward the shop that Ronin would call out to and Lee would move forward and walk into the doorway to see inside a female player that was named Jambi with an adorable familiar that took the form of a flying cat or at the most, a cat with wings. He would raise a free hand in a kind wave "Hello, I was told that you are the player I would need to speak too about light armor?"

Walking up to the two of them, Caspar knew he two of them made good items that not only looked cool, but had cool names to them as well. "Hey Ronin" Caspar said as he approached the young man who was standing outside. "By any chance is Jambi inside? I wanted to ask her if she can make me some armor that has the highest amount of damage mitigation she can produce." Caspar added as it always has been one of the things he always wanted. Stopping in front of his friend he then saw the sign he had out talking about free items. "I'll take a look at those while I'm in there as well." 

"Hey there, light armor... yes that is me. Just let me know what specifications you want and I will hook you up." Jambi said in response to their first customer of the day. Well this isn't so bad. I can handle a person here and there. As long as we don't get bombarded I should be alright... She thought to herself. "Oh that's Japhy by the way," She added noticing this guy was looking at her kitty. "He is usually pretty friendly but I think he is in some kind of mood today so just be careful around him. He can be pretty mischievous."

I don't care what people said, all the interesting things ar taking place on floor one. As I walk there I notice another stand of free stuff [cursed]. What a luck, exactly what I needed. The sun felt hot on my head as I walk toward them with my dusty cloths, that the first thing that will make this day shine. "Hey there" I said to both of them, whoever answered. "I'm looking for a light armour and a one handed straight sword. everything you can give will be helpful" 

"Sup man," replied Ronin once Caspar arrived.  "...Yeah, she's right inside, head on in..." he explained, before taking another drag at his smoke.  The thick tobacco smoke swirled and danced as he exhaled it into the air and closed his eyes.  This was turning into a much longer affair than he had planned for, but thankfully he had Jambi helping him out on the inside.  All he had to do was stand out here and greet players as they arrived and... if need be, help to fulfill some of their requests, should they be for something Jambi herself couldn't create.   As Ronin spotted a familiar lookin' dude approach next, he called back into the shop, letting his wife know they had more visitors on the way.  "Yo Jamb, Caspar's here and we got some more people showin' up..." he announced, wanting to give the girl a heads up.

"Light armor, right, just step on inside and ask the girl running the show in there... she should be able to hook you up with some light armor of some sort...  As for the sword, I'll take a look here in a sec and see if I've got anything for ya..."

Lee listened as it seemed that she would be able to help him with his order to which he would smile just a bit wider "Wonderful!" Jambi would then ask what it was that he wanted and the name of the winged creature he was looking at. He would make his way further into the blacksmith shop with his arms at his sides "Nice to meet you Japhy." He would speak this of course the cat-like creature. He would let his hand slide out from his sleeve and hold a finger out toward the cat but pause just a bit away to see what the animal would do as he would look to Jambi "I would like some light armor with as much evasion as you can put on it."

More people are showing up... how many... Japhy, if too many people start swamping in you may need to scare a few away. Did Ronin say Caspar..? "Caspar?! Hi Caspar!!!! Long time no see buddy, what can I do for ya? Are you stopping by to just say hi or are you wanting to pick up some free gear?! I'll make you anything ya want!" Jambi shouted excitedly as she saw her friend coming through the door. She had almost forgotten about the first customer... She looked around the shop and saw him attempting to pet Japhy who wasn't really having it then he mentioned wanting some light armor. "Yeah bud, I have some armor around here somewhere.. I'll let you know when I find it."

The smoker could hear his wife's voice inside the shop, dealing with those who had entered already.  He smirked, closing his eyes and leaning his head back against the exterior wall behind him.  The black void behind his closed eyelids was quickly filled by images of the grassy field outside of town, the wild boars that roamed there, the cave where he had done ore mining for hours on end, the little shops and restaurants around town that he had been to and finally of his comrades, Caspar and Jambi.  He was glad the two of them were here, with him, helping him to face this death game head on.  A soft smile decorated his lips as his eyes remained closed for another long moment.  He knew together, they could do anything...

Walking into the store at the request of his friend Ronin, Caspar walked inside as he saw Jambi across the room. "Hey Jambi, if its at all possible, could you make me some leather armor? I'd like for it to have the highest damage mitigation as possible you can create if you could?" Caspar asked as he made his way up to her. Hoping for the best, Caspar knew she would be able to make it, after all, he needed some good armor now and what a better opportunity than this to get it done. If all went well, he might get it for free too...

"Well of freaking course I'll make you some armor.. And actually I already started making it.. It is in the works now.. I had a feeling you'd be wanting something of the sorts soon." Jambi sang out to her friend Caspar as she danced around the room. She had recently been working on a leather armored vest for him. She planned to surprise him with it later on but what better time to give it to him than now she thought. Jambi, Ronin, and Caspar had been doing a lot of crazy quests lately and Ronin and her already had some impressive armor.. He was the odd ball out. "If you want to just kick it around here for a minute I should have it ready for you soon! I hope you like it!" 

Opening his eyes and peeking his head back inside the shop, Ronin called out to his wife, wondering if she was doin' alright up in there.  "Eyo' Jamb, everything cool in here?  Got anything for me?" he wondered, imagining that some of these guys might've wanted a weapon or shield to go along with their light armor.   While it seemed that they were all interested in some light armor and Jambi had a way with leather, the smoker knew that more often than not, armor wasn't of much use without a weapon to go with it.

"Nah no one has mentioned anything to me about any weaponry. Guess they all like my [censored] better!" Jambi called out to Ronin teasingly. "How is it looking out there, see any more potential clients?" Jambi was behind the counter looking around for the armor the two clients had asked for. "Hey Caspar! I found the vest I made for you! Let me know if you like it and I also found another item you might like as well! And you.." Jambi called out to the other client she had not officially met yet. "I am still trying to find your item! Won't be too much longer I promise!" Hopefully it won't be too much longer she thought to herself.

(OOC:) for Caspar

Vagabond Vest

Item Type: light/ leather armor

Quality: rare

Enhancements: 2 Slots mitigation

(removes 18 dmg from every hit to you, will always take at least 1 point damage)

Description: A black, patched leather biker vest.

PatchedLeatherVests-2.jpg

Hand Huggers 

Item Type: Hand Wraps

Quality: Rare

Enhancements: 2 Slots

• Damage: +1 base damage

• Loot Dice : +1 LD

Description: purple, fingerless gloves

Edited by Jambi

Lee listened as he was told that she had a piece of armor around the area, somewhere and that she would find it for him. "Oh, take your time. I've got plenty of time and I'm enjoying myself." He would then turn his attentions to Japhy whom did not seem to be in a mood for playing around "I guess I can't be expected to be liked right away by everyone." He would withdraw his arm and place them behind his back as he began to look around the blacksmith shop to find anything that might catch his attention while Jambi attended other customers. She would then call out to him that she would find his equipment shortly to which he would raise a hand in a light wave "Alright, I'll be over here."

The smoker nodded as he heard Jambi's response, grinning slightly at her teasing.  She was such a little [censored] sometimes and he loved it.  He turned his attention back to the world outside of his little shop, peeking up and down the street to see if it looked like any other players might be headed his way.  To his surprise, it didn't appear there were.  He pursed his lips in thought and fired up a fresh ciggy.  "Welp... guess we did just sorta' spring this thing up outta' nowhere... no real announcement or advertising..."  He peeked over at his little cardboard sign he had pinned to the wall of his shop and laughed to himself.  "Yeah... I'm actually surprised at the few who did show up..."