(OP Floor 1) Starting Out

Delta walked around the small town by herself. She kept her face hidden from others with her long purple hair flowing in her face. Delta walked to a bench that is sitting in the shadows. There she watched everyone walking by, observing them, how they act around others and when they are by themselves. 

I should make some friends here, Delta thought to herself, looking at her hands. I don't want to be a loner here like I am in the real world...

She noticed a red rose in full bloom in on a nearby bush and carefully picked it, admiring it in her hand. 

Nikodemus had tended to stay around the safe zones unless he was with a trusted party, or he had snuck out of the zone by himself. The former was quite often lately, the latter even more so as his shop was running low on materials. Today he had ventured down to the first floor from floor 7 to evaluate some items. Sitting around inside the safe zone by the teleport gate, Nikodemus whistled a broken disjointed tune that sounded a lot like Chopin's Nocture. Normally he would be playing an impromtu game of tag or hide and go seek with other players (who typically didn't know they were playing a game with Nikodemus), but since he was waiting for items to be evaluated, he didn't want to stray to far into the Town of Beginnings. Looking around, Nikodemus noticed a young player picking a rose nearby them, and he tilted his head wondering why they were there. Were they there for item eval? were they knew? Wondering this to himself, He looked around some more and saw no one else but the player, and other NPCs.

Edited by Nikodemus_Blackwood

Delta smiled as she turned the rose over, sniffing it lightly. Hearing a noise, she turned her head in the direction of the teleport gate and noticed someone was hanging around there, whistling. Delta studied the person for a few minutes before turning back to her rose. Smiling once more at the rose, she stood up and casually walked in the opposite direction, heading towards the center of the town but allowing her to stay in the person's sight. 

Hmm.. I wonder why that person is just hanging out there... Delta thought as she came up to a map of the area and decided to take a look at it for herself as she waited to see what the other player was going to do. 

(If it's okay with everybody, I'll be joining in. This is an OP after all.)

Greg had recently teleported to the first floor in hopes of helping newer players level up. As a junior member of the KoB,  It was pretty much his job to set a good example for the less experienced players. So, that's what he was going to do. After all, the more high-levelled players there are, the faster everyone can escape from Aincrad and go home. It also helps reduce the risk of PKers coming in and ruining everything. Greg hadn't heard any news from the Floor 15 Boss Fight, so he assumed everything was going as planned. Just to be sure, though, he would check the monument just to be sure, though later.

Greg looked around and only saw a few players. He was unsure on whether to approach, and it showed on his face.

Edited by Greg Baxen

Khrysaor was walking the streets of the Town of Beginning, and was bored out of his mind. He wanted to do something a bit different, so he decided he might want to see what the other floors looked like. Knowing what his next plan was, he started walking to the teleport gates. When he got there, he noticed quite a few players hanging around. One of the players was looking at a map, while the other two just appeared from the teleportation gates. He wondered where they must have came from and seen. He thought, 'I need to start talking with others and get to know other players in the game, and this just might be the best time to start a conversation.' So, headed to a blonde haired player first, who seemed to be the most willing to talk. He was making a face that could just tell you that he did not know if he wanted to talk to the others or not.

Khrysaor came and stood in front of him, with his hand out wanting to shake, and said, "Hi, how are you? I just noticed you came from another floor, I was thinking about checking the other floors out, I have actually never been passed Floor 1, yet. I was wondering if you could tell me a bit about them, since it looks like you have traveled around. Oh, by the way my name is Khrysaor."

JOURNAL

STATS                                                                                              

Hide contents

STATS

LEVEL 3

HP: 12/12

ENERGY: 3

DAMAGE: 1

ACCURACY: 0

MITIGATION: 0

Delta turned her head slightly, listening quietly to the conversation. She wondered what the other floors were like, but she didn't dare go by herself. Delta turned around and leaned against the map, watching everyone closely. 

I should go say hello... She looked at the rose in her hand as she continued to listening to the conversation. Khrysaor hasn't been passed the first floor either... Maybe we could work together....

Greg noticed someone had started talking to him. He begun to respond. "Yeah, I came from another floor." Greg responded. The person who talked to him then expressed interest in visiting the higher-up floors. "If you've not been past floor 1 yet, that would probably make you a low-level. At which case I'd HIGHLY recommend AGAINST going up to higher floors. Mobs get exponentially stronger so unless you're planning on avoiding combat they're very dangerous." He explains. The man then introduced himself as Khryasor. "Nice to meet you. My name's Greg. I'm a member of the KoB (Knights of the Blood Oath)."

The chain smokin' blacksmith known as Ronin had just been fiddlin' 'round, itchin' his butt, grabbin' a bite to eat and stuff like that.  He had been hard at work in his little shanty of a shop lately and had been getting quite a few new customers.  While the crafting and material hunting was keeping him pretty busy, he knew it was important to find time to take a break and step away from his work for a bit.  And so he did, as regularly as he could, to grab some grub, snag a cool beverage or just catch his breath with the help of one of his cancer sticks.

Puffing away at one now and swigging at a recently purchased can of orange soda, Ronin was takin' a lil stroll 'round town when he spotted what looked like a familiar face hangin' over near the teleport area.  "Hm?  'eyo Niko! ...That you?!" he called out, lifting his orange soda can and blowing a plume of noxious smoke into the air.  Though Ronin was still a little ways away, he had a pretty good eye for spotting people he knew.  He hadn't seen the guy since their little outing to go punch that damn giant rock, so he figured it might be nice and go and say hello.

I teleport back to the first town after a long day, too much happened in such a small time. After I long of negotiations I believed I was finally able to get myself a full set. It took a lot of cols and money, but what you can do....all the shop owners are the same, and from same reason none of them seems to like me. Most of them are smiling to me most of the time, but sometime I get this weird feeling that they want me to get out of their shop. Maybe its just my imagination. 

I walked to the center of the town without really thinking about anything, then I notice a surprisingly high number of high level players (compare to floor one) hanging around the center. They scared I thought. I heard some frantic whispers about the last events in floor 15, maybe the are all here to watch the low levels around. I walked closer to the group and lend my ear, hoping to hear something interesting.

"Greg, good name. Nah wasn't thinking about actually battling the MOB's yet. Still need to raise my stats and gain quite a bit more experience in combat before I can get fight effectively on higher floors. I was just wondering what the other floors were like, and their safe zones." replied Khrasaor. Khrysaor noticed more movement around him when replying to Greg. When he looked around he saw two more players had showed up on the scene. He noticed a chain smoking individual walking towards another player and called out to him, "Hey Ronin, how's it going man? Haven't seen you for a while. Are you having a happy married life?"

While, Khrysaor waited for Ronin's reply, he turned back to his original conversation, he asked, "So, you are part of a guild, How is it with the KoB? Yea, I was thinking of joining one as well, they are just starting up. It is named the Crescent Moon."

JOURNAL

STATS                                                                                              

Hide contents

STATS

LEVEL 3

HP: 12/12

ENERGY: 3

Lost without a clue on where he is, a young man with fairly long white hair comes running into the fold. "Ggrraaaahhhh!!!! I was just here!! It's like I'm running in circles!!," Rain yells out loud. He looks left and right trying to figure where he is exactly, but to no avail. "Damnit... this sucks... my exit from the town center was badass too after that whole incident.. I wonder where I am now exactly...," He whispers to himself. As he looks around, he notices some people were staring at him. "Um... Hi..."

Delta walked up to Khrysaor and Greg. "I am the same way. I am just curious about what else is out there." She held her hand out. "I'm Delta by the way." Delta smiled. "I'm sorry for interrupting. I was looking at the map and happened to hear your conversation. I have wanted to check out other places but..." She shrugged, indicating she is a low level. "So what exactly is it like out there?" Delta leaned against a light post, looking both Greg and Khrysaor over, analyzing them. A breeze picked up slightly, moving her purple hair from her face, showing her light purple eyes. 

As Rain sits on the ground brooding with himself.. he over hears a conversation where maps were involved. "Maps! There's maps!," he exclaims. He rushes over to the purple hair girl, "Miss, I heard you say something about maps? I'm sorry, I'm really new at this... where did you get your map from? I feel like I've been running around in circles here and it's driving me insane! uh... sorry if I'm coming on a little too strong.. Getting lost here is stressing me out..." Rain stares at the purple haired girl with puppy eyes hoping for an answer. O_O

Edited by Rain

A girl joined the conversation, who introduced herself as Delta. She asked about what the floors are like. "It depends. Which floor do you want to know about? I've visited floors 1 through 8." Greg responds to Delta, before introducing himself. "My name's Greg. I'm a member of the KoB." He then looks at the guy who asks for maps. "Here, I can share my map data if you want." Greg says, before sharing his data with Rain. "It should be an option in the menu to view your map. You do know how to open and navigate the menu, right?" Greg asks.

"Uh....yes?... Okay no... I don't... How do I go about that exactly?" Rain mumbles as he swings his arms hoping for something to happen. Suddently, he stopped mid his panic. He never introduced himself. That's so disrespectful. embarrassed, he swings his arms to his head and starts scratching his head. "Oh... my name is Rain by the way.." says he as he stared at the group with an awkward grin on his face. He throws his fist out in the air hoping for a fist bump, "I'm really new here so I'm still trying to figure things out. Have you been here long? You seem to know what you're doing.

Edited by Rain

Greg sighs. "You open your menu using your right hand, like so-" he says, performing the motions to open his menu. "From there, it kinda acts like a touch screen. You touch the option you want to select." Greg explains. "Surely there should've been a manual for this. You DID remember to read it, right?" Greg questioned. 'Oh, who am I kidding? He probably didn't read it. That's why he doesn't know this basic information.' Greg thought to himself.

When Khrysoar was asking about the different floors and what was on them, a purple a haired girl joined in on the conversation wanting to know more about them as well. Soon, after a guy asking about maps showed up. Greg explains to them about how to access the map. Khrysaor said, "Hello, Delta, Rain, my name is Khrysaor.  You guys must be new around here? I have been here a bit longer. It is hard to understand everything at the beginning, isn't it? If you guys need any help just look me up, I am always willing to help."

Khrysoaor's JOURNAL    |   The Shield and Sword Emporium    

STATS                                                                                              

Hide contents

STATS

LEVEL 4

HP: 16/16

ENERGY: 4

With a slight smile on his face, Rain let's out a small laugh. "I've been busy and haven't had time. I finally got home from classes and jump on straight to SAO. Once I got here, that incident happened before I could even explore or even make my first step. It's like they were waiting for me before f***ing everyone over." Rain explains as he tries to reassures Greg that it's not entirely his fault. Rain then mirrors Greg's motions and opens up the menu, quickly perusing through the many options. "So this is where the maps are. You were saying something about sharing map data earlier, Greg. You can do that in this game? That's really helpful.." Rain then turns to Khrysaor, "It's even harder when you just jump straight in without knowledge of anything here.

Perhaps the chain smoker had been mistaken about having spotted Niko... He shrugged and turned his attention toward another dude when he heard his name.  "Eh?  Oh 'ey it's you... never did catch yer name... Khrysa' somethin'? was it?  Anyhoo... yeah, married life is the [censored]!  Wassup with you?"  Ronin pursed his lips around his lit cigarette and took a long drag, before blowing a massive cloud of poisonous smoke into the air above.  His eyelids fluttered as he watched it ascend into the heavens.  "Man... this world never ceases to amaze me..." he breathed quietly, wondering if they would ever find a way out...

Edited by Ronin

I heard all of them out while getting closer to them. Until now I didn't heard anything special, Ronin was Ronin as always, I don't think that anyone knew what he smoke. Delta, Rain and Khrysaor look like a lower level players that I never met. I didn't catch the name of the others. "You should be careful to who you are giving your names out, people tend to stay away for high level players these day. Especially players like you". I gave them a weird smile "Ideally, you should party only three of you, taking a far distance from anyone who is level is too high compare to you", I twisted my smile a bit "who know who will be the next psycho who will use others to make a name from himself. It could be anyone, even one of us"