Games and MMO's You Currently Play

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

At the moment I play:

Champions online, A super hero MMO in the same vein as City of Heroes (RIP)

Bravely Default: Or at least the demo, a neat RPG that's like earlier final fantasy games as in theirs a job system, and its not terrible.

Warframe: An extremely fast paced 3rd person shooter set in space where you play as robot ninja's. Its fun, and free.

YuGiOh: Competitively, through the use of an web browser game titled "Duel Network." and occasionally ill play locally but not often.

• 3 weeks later...

It has been a little while since their was a reply here, but since it is an OOC topic I hope nobody has a problem with me reviving this thread. I try/play new games quite frequently, so it is always fun to see if I will meet new friends to play with while I mess around in whatever game has my fancy at the time.

At the moment I mainly bounce back and forth between Star Wars: The Old Republic, Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn, and The Secret World. I never play them all at the same time, haha. I mainly play one at a time, rotating between them as my interest piques in a specific thing. I suppose it allows me to play MMO's without the risk of getting stuck on one and sucked in.

TOR is a little in the flavor of WoW in space with pretty voice acting and is a pretty standard MMO. It's a Bioware game, so the story is engaging, and for a long time fan of the Knights of the Old Republic series, it always manages to suck me back in as I do another character's storyline. Currently the game is free to play, and I will go back to mess around in it frequently.

XIV: ARR is a little different, not really similar to any other MMO I have played thus far. Much like SAO your weapon equipped will determine your class/abilities, with each weapon class having it's own level for you to increase. It's possible to level every class and crafting discipline in the game off of one character, provided you want to invest all that time, haha. The story is pretty decent thus far, and being able to switch weapons/combat roles at the drop of a hat has made for an interesting twist on the normal MMO experience.

Finally, TSW is really unlike anything I have played before. It has no level system, and simply revolves around using xp to purchase new abilities as you see fit. The abilities are divided according to melee, ranged, magic; etc, further divided down to specific weapons/talismans/foci etc. The game lets you equip two such weapons/talismans/foci at the time, and then mix and match your available abilities as you see fit in two categories. Active skills that function as your attacks/actions and Passive Skills that provide passive buffs/etc for your character. You are free to grab whatever abilities you want at any time, then mix and match what you are playing to suit your play style. It adds that element of fun to the game as you are trying out different combinations to find the perfect fit for whatever role you are wanting to fill. TSW is currently free to play, provided you make a one time purchase of the game content. Pretty much like Guild Wars.

I play a lot of games, mmorpg's are my favorites.

I'll go from saying Maplestory, always loved it, but it's all chibi characters while I also play Age of Wulin.

I've been playing some Wow not too long ago, just revived my account, but then I got bored again.

Then again, there aren't too many MMORPG's I love anymore, had Luminary and the likes.

I'm also playing a tabletop wargame, Warhammer 40k and Warhammer Fantasy, while those 2 games distracts me with painting and dice rolling, I alos like the steampunk theme of Warmachines.

Battle fleet gothic is also one of my favorite tabletop games, and don't forget Flames of War.

• 2 weeks later...
I'm pretty addicted to World of Tanks at the moment, though I'm partial to Star Trek Online as well. Basically, I only play F2P MMO's. I don't believe in subscriptions, unless they offer something truly revolutionary.

STO!!!! I used to love STO, but steam no longer works on my computer ;_; STO is my favorite MMO eeeeeverrrrrr

I have one but this is for mobile phone its called Avabel Online normal MMO but its not like SAO cause you definitely have magic you can log out and no one dies permanently there is a lit of drama and its not just about swords >.< the fun thing is they have a more than 100 floors it has beautiful battle fields, monsters, and avatars and they always have some room for aain holiday just today they made a room for st.Patrick's with the most beautiful garden I've ever seen valentines day they had a humongous fondue fountain new years they had a huge tree in a humongous bowl I luv the game but the people there irritate me so much

I have one but this is for mobile phone its called Avabel Online normal MMO but its not like SAO cause you definitely have magic you can log out and no one dies permanently there is a lit of drama and its not just about swords >.< the fun thing is they have a more than 100 floors it has beautiful battle fields, monsters, and avatars and they always have some room for aain holiday just today they made a room for st.Patrick's with the most beautiful garden I've ever seen valentines day they had a humongous fondue fountain new years they had a huge tree in a humongous bowl I luv the game but the people there irritate me so much

I played that! Well, before school started up again and my teachers went ballistic, and the graphics were awesome and you could change classes and reset your stats up to level twenty and awesome. Yeah.