Professional Tailor Association (Unofficial Tailors Guild)

Professional Tailor Association

What is this?

This will be the thread of the newly founded commercial association that will serve as the central place for the following:

• Application hub - Any player with the Tailor job can apply to be a part of the association. He/She will most likely be accepted immediately.

• Price list – The prices for the member shops will be decided in this thread or via PM and posted here. Potential clients may check the price list to see if it's the same with the one their preferred Tailor has.

• Information hub - Any player can come here and ask for any information related to the association and the Tailor profession.

Who we are/will be?

Currently active Tailors in Aincrad. If the numbers will represent a small portion, the majority or all of them, that is to be determined after the initial sign-ups.

Why are we doing this?

To help regulate the prices in the tailoring sector of Aincrad in order to keep us all into activity, avoiding unfair competition or price abuse. This thread will be mainly for the association members to post in, consider it like an ‘unofficial guild’ thread where we publicly discuss trades and strategies.
*This is still an OOC thread, all transaction will need to be made via shops or other IC medium.

Association Guidelines/Rules (so far):

• A universal price chart for all association members to have in their shops. The chart will be decided amongst ourselves here or via group PM.
    “Hey! Do you want to stop competing against each other, why don’t we unite and get as much profit as we can?”

• Tailors can ask other members to help them in the making of items. Then the involved parties can agree how they will distribute the Tailor ‘Cut’. Default split is suggested to 50/50 for
    “Need a perfect item but your daily crafts were sh**? Ask another tailor for help!”

• Orders involving multiple items can be distributed throughout the association members for a quick delivery.
    “Oi! You guys mind lending me a hand with this? I need it done by tomorrow!”

• Shared profits. Yes, as a participation fee, each tailor will pay a percentage of col or a fix amount of materials when selling an item; the association then will distribute it equally to all its members.
    “So…. You’re telling me that I’m going to have to pay a fee to you when I’ll sell items but in the same time, I’ll get something each time any other member will sell something? Sounds a bit similar to how stocks work.”

• In order to prevent members who are inactive from receiving an undeserved share each member will have to make proof (in this thread by link) of  at least 1 transaction with the new price chart. Usually the administrator will summon members to make this proof of sale via PM or post in the OOC thread. Those who do not bring proof shall be excluded from the sharing of the association fee. Failing to bring proof after 2 summonings will result in the exclusion from the association, which will not be permanent. This rule is made to prevent inactive tailors from being a part of the association.
    “Ain’t nobody going to get free stuff around here, either you work and get a share of the profits or you’re out!”  

• There will be no ‘leader, ‘chief’, ‘boss’ or other similar titles, to order the members around. Instead the association will have an administrator that will take care of the OOC thread; take the requests submitted here and distribute them to the available tailors. By default it will the the one who creates this thread as she is the one who came up and proposed the idea.
    “WOHOOO! NO BOSS, let’s go get a drink! And have the last sober one do the maths!”

• (to be added)

Association Member List:

(I’ll be adding members after they’ve posted their willingness to join here instead of the PM group, through a post with a clear affirmative message. I’ll let you think of the wording, go wild!)
Disclaimer: By joining, you agree to respect the current rules written above (and the ones to be added).
Members are free to leave the association whenever they please simply by posting their intention to leave.

• Ariel - The Crowned Lion

(Proposed) Universal Tailor Price List:

goGt5Mi.png

Notes:

• The “Tailor ‘Cut’ “ is the value that goes to the Tailor that made the transaction.

• The “Association fee” will be a ‘reserve’ that each Tailor gathers separately from his personal gains. These reserves will be pooled and distributed evenly in the OOC thread when a Tailor asks for his ‘share’ as a member.  

• ^ If the ‘X mat*member’ number resulted from the ‘Association fee’ calculation method is not a integer number, the value will be approximated using the unbiased rounding method or “round half to even” that applies beyond the .50 rule explained later. I’ll leave a link to wiki on the definition and an example of how it works in the next spoiler.

•  *TBA – ‘To Be Announced’ after several members have joined the association For now prices are the respective Col amounts & 1 Mat by default.

• * TBD – ‘To Be Determined’. The ‘Personal’ section represents the item that is characteristic/unique to each shop. Each Tailor can opt to have such an item in his shop, with a unique description, singular item type and enhancement(s) without having to abide to the price chart, setting his own price. The tailor then can put any price he wishes as all revenue from selling the shop specific item go to him/her. These items will not be personalized in the description. The client can request only the desired enhancement(s).
    For example: Ariel’s ‘Personal’ Item will be a small plushie that is used as a weapon attachment, similar to the hanging accessories for cellphones. The plushie will either provide + 1/2 Loot Die or + 1 Crafting attempt or +1 EXP with every craft. Just keep in mind that the tailor doesn’t hold exclusive rights over the enhancements used, other tailors can make the similar items (plushie in Ariel’s case) and still charge by price range established by the association.

Supplementary Note: There will always be a 1 Mat as the ‘Association fee’ despite the member count so that there is always something pooled in for the association.

Unbiased rounding:

Spoiler

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rounding#Round_half_to_even

"A tie-breaking rule that is less biased is round half to even, namely:

If the fraction of y is 0.5, then q is the even integer nearest to y.
Thus, for example, +23.5 becomes +24, as does +24.5; while −23.5 becomes −24, as does −24.5."

But we will be using it for more (and less) than half values, example:

We have 3 members and a client wants to buy an uncommon tier 1 item, the price will be calculated like so:

250 Col

0.25 Mat*member^

250 Col & 0.25*3 mats = 250 Col & 0 Mat(s) by that formula, but there is a supplementary note so now:
Final Price = 250 Col & 1 Mat, as there always has to be a minimum of 1 Mat for the association fee value.

This works in our favor once we get a greater number of members. But is subjected to change as new members join our ranks so keep a close eye on this. I’ll be PMing you updates either way in the group PM.

This thread is the detailed proposition/idea I've discussed in general terms with the current active Tailors via PM. The thread is mainly aimed at my fellow Tailors but all players are welcomed to give tips and advices or critiques as long as they are constructive and not just. "This won't work, give up living!"
*Giving permission to other professions there to use this thread as a template or base to form their own organization, as long as it's credited accordingly.

By the way, this isn't a official staff thread but a personal player suggestion as a tailor which was in the works before I became a staff member.

So what do you guys think? Feel free to suggest things too:D