[PP-F3] Darn Dirt Dark Elves! <Worn out Welcome> (Mayuri)

Shirien was slowly working his way up and exploring the capitals of the higher floors. He figured he would need to start familiarizing himself with them before trying to set out into the wilderness. It was entirely possible he could get some easy fetch quests or the like that would naturally lead him towards exploration. That was his hope at the very least. Blind exploration of an area was good fun when someone is secure in their safety, he however was not in the slightest. He wore some leather gauntlets on his arms but for the moment they were no better than decoration for him. He didn't have quite enough SP to invest in an armor skill unfortunately. With that thought in mind, he figured that perhaps some armor from a store would have special stats! He glances to his right and notices a shop with a breastplate on its sign. Almost two decades of RPG experience catching up to him and making him turn on his heel to enter the shop.

While browsing the wares of the shop he must have accidentally tripped into an event flag as he heard a gruff voice say "Oi, you, adventurer. Need some armor?" Shirien blinked and looks over to the NPC smith with the long bushy beard, nodding his head and responding "Oh, uh... Yes, I do. That's why I-" He was cut off by the NPC's presumed no-nonsense temperament and not automated messaging. "And from the looks of ye you have barely a Col to yer name. Tell ye what, some Dark Elf scum stole some supplies I had coming in and is hidin' out in the Forest of Wavering Mists. Get it and bring it back here after making the knife-ear pay and either me or m'wife will craft you something to wear. Deal?" The smith concludes his speech leaving Shirien processing with all his knowledge to make a checklist. Forest, Dark Elf, Dropped Item, Smith, Reward of armor. That said he hadn't touched this floor before so he crossed his arms in thought while considering his options in the hopes the event wasn't about to expire if he thought if it was a good idea or not. He was pretty undergeared.

With her love busy, Mai had taken to helping out the unskilled players stay alive in their earliest of quests. She had taken a rotation, stationing herself outside of easy quest areas, offering her services and skills to any traveler trying to complete certain areas. The girl couldn’t stand the thought of anyone dying and if she could prevent it, she would.

Today she found herself stationed outside the <Worn Out Welcome> quest station. Mai very much liked this quest as it gave lower levels armor and it was always different, which means she got to do all kinds of fun things when tagging along with the others. As she paced back and forth at the entrance, a young man came and looked a bit bewildered over the situation. Skipping over Mai, gave the young man a great smile.

“Oh Hai!” she said as she came nearer, “My name is Mayuri, I’m a healer, and I would very much like it if you would allow me to tag along on this quest and help you out! Would that be okay?” She asked the young man hoping he would at least consider her offer.

Shirien was getting ready to deny the quest for the time being when he heard a voice unfamiliar to him getting his attention. Glancing to the source he listened while she explained and asked to come with him! He was expecting that if anything he would need to track someone else down. It was not unpleasant, in fact he preferred it like this! He smiled to the player but did ask curiously "Healer?" He tilted his head curiously while looking the woman over as if expecting to see a white mage's staff. "I thought this game had no magic?" He wondered what she actually meant but quickly shook the thought from his head in favor of not squandering the generosity.

Power was in numbers in a lot of situations, and he had just been offered the chance to go two versus one on this Dark Elf. He wasn't about to turn her down. In fact he said to the blacksmith "I'll take the quest, thanks!" After accepting any confirmation pop-ups he turns his attention back to the lady who called herself Mayuri with a smile. "I'd be happy to have some help, thank you!" He says before turning his eyes to the side while swiping his finger about. Mayuri then got a party request from the lower leveled player. "You can call me Shirien, it's a pleasure to meet you." He holds out his hand to her courteously while pulling back his hood so she could see him better.

The young man seemed to like her proposal and eagerly agreed to her assistance. He questioned her abilities and she smiled. “Well there is no magic… it’s more like medical skills. If you’re injured, I’ll show you, but I’m going to keep you safe so you won’t need my skills… hopefully.” The elves typically gave her no trouble, however there was this one time they became a little difficult to deal with, but that incident had been months ago and she and her companion had been fiiiine…really! She and this boy would live to see another day.

The young man introduced himself and Mai gave him a cheerful nod. “It is indeed a pleasure,” she agreed. If there were two things that Mai loved, it was helping others out and making new acquaintance in the process. “So… what’s the mission? I can’t party with you… I’m already permanently in one, But I’ll stay and help in any way I can be of service.” She offered.

He nodded in understanding, supposing he'd give the game's developers some slack in either scenario. If healing was keeping people alive he could only pray it was never taken away. He took back his hand with no hard feelings and listened as she explained she was permanently in a party. He didn't hold it against her but it did make him feel slightly suspicious. "The mission is to head to the... Forest of Wavering Mists? Think that's what it was called. Anyways we go there, beat a dark elf, and it should drop some 'supplies' which we take back here." It seemed decently clear to him at the least what needed to be done. It was barely a step up from a fetch quest after all. "In any case, the help is appreciated. Just, uh... Fair warning." He flicks the dagger on his hip "Basic weapon and armor, no enhancements. And I don't even have an armor skill yet." He wanted to be upfront with what Mayuri should expect of his battle prowess.

With everything cleared up he gave Mayuri a smile and started towards the shop's exit and into the streets. He takes a small leather bound book and starts flipping through it as he walked, soon putting his finger on an entry "Ah, here we are. Forest should be..." He glances up at the sky to get his sense of direction straight. "This way." He says nonchalantly while leading the way. He figured that since he was being assisted and it was his quest that he should take the initiative. He glances back and starts saying so they could get to know each other a bit better "So, I recently became a merchant, so if you'd like I could give you a discount or a free appraisal after this?" He offers in reward for her kindness. "Do you have a profession?"

Mayuri nodded as the boy explained what needed to be done. “Very well then, let’s g-“ she began but was quickly interrupted again. It seemed that the young man was both underskilled and under prepared to take on things in the field. He was not the first to say such things to her and Mai opened her inventory and began selecting items from within her box and set up a trade. She sent the trade request to the young man and then smiled. “There… just accept and then we can be on our way.” With that, Shay turned and started walking down the path. After several steps she paused and twirled back around.

“Ummm… which way are we supposed to go.” A rosy tone hit her fair cheeks as she spoke rather bashfully. She was led in the correct direction and she followed along.

The young man spoke of his profession and Shay smiled at his offer. “I’ve not needed a merchant as of yet, but if I ever require the services of one, you shall be the first I think of to go to.” She replied. When it came her turn to speak of her own job, Mai giggled and thought that have been rather obvious. “I’m an alchemist. All the potions in your possession… I made. I don’t have a formal shop… well I do, but it’s not open to the public.  I’m saving the majority of my stock for the floor boss fights once I get there to the front lines. I don’t want anyone to die, and if my potions and crystals can save them, I’d rather give them away. As for the lower potions… I save them to give to people like you. I don’t want any of your new adventurers to die either.” She explained.

Mayrui has sent you a trade request.

She has sent you the following items:

Spoiler

Name: Lesser Healing Potion

Number Given: 1

Item Type: Potion

Quality: Uncommon

Description: A glass vial filled with a bright red liquid tasting of sweet summer strawberries. 

Heals +10 Health points leaving the user feeling energized and rejuvenated after drinking.

Name: +2 Damage Potion

Quality: Rare

Tier: 1

Description: A glass vial filled with a luminescent cerulean liquid that smells of the sea and tastes like coconut
Boosts the users damage by +2 for one thread.

Name: Poison Relief

Number Given: 2

Quality: Uncommon

Description: A glass vial filled with a frothy pink liquid that tastes of wintergreen. Potion removes the effects of poison.

Name: Nerve Tonic

Quality: Good

Description: A pale blue, luminous liquid used to calm the nerves of a player in distress. Instantly brings the user a sense of peace and well being upon use.

Do you accept?

Y/N?

Shirien was surprised when a trade request popped up in front of him from Mayuri, quickly opening it up and looking at the items in surprise, looking to her a moment as if to see if she was sure before he accepted the trade. "Oh my, thank you very much, these potions will be helpful!" She had successfully earned herself his trust with this move. If she had wanted to kill him then he wouldn't have gotten this many potions! They would just be destroyed with him if he died. He had the tact not to smirk at Mayuri questioning their direction, not blaming her one bit since he only had a book to go by. He knew less than she did certainly, he had hardly any experience. As they walked he would glance up now and then to make sure their direction was on course towards the forest. He would have hated to waste her time after all.

As she explained how her alchemy lab worked and how she just gave potions away he was surprised but pleasantly so, smiling as he said "That's just awesome, it's great that there are people like you who are willing to just help people out!" He smiled to her widely, very impressed to find such a selfless player! The more he paid attention to her the more motherly she seemed to him. She seemed to care pretty deeply for people's lives, high level and low level alike. He found himself having to still his heart and keep his eyes forward while shyly tugging his hood forward a bit. With time though he had a distraction and found his hand pointing just ahead to a section of forest with mist reaching above the treeline. "I'm going to go out on a limb and say that's the forest of wavering mists." He squinted his eyes and continues "Looks like it'll be hard to see in there..." He says in a half mumble as he drew his dagger so it was at the ready for if something jumped him in the low visibility of the mist.

Trade Accepted!

Mai was relieved when her company had found her ambitions to be a good thing. More often than not, she’d get laughed at and in some cases, chastised for giving her items away. Not that it really bothered her in the least. In her heart she knew it was the right thing to do, and Mai had no qualms with following her convictions even in the face of ridicule.

“I don’t know about that, but I just want to do my part you know?” She skipped alongside her companion as she spoke, her short pink kimono swooshing with every step. “I’m not at all strong and I’m only an apprentice alchemist…” she sighed, “and at best, I’m only a mid-level healer. I just want to be useful, and if I can be by gathering materials and making things to help everyone else along, then that’s what I’ll do.”  Mai lifted her head to see the young man tug at his hood, cloaking his face further. She figured he was just cold despite the lovely weather, and just continued by his side, merrily bouncing along in her own happy-go-lucky fashion as she always did.

They came round a bend to find up ahead was what they were indeed looking for. “I think you might be right,” she agreed with his assessment. As the pair drew closer to the edge of the wood, the young man pointed out that visibility would be difficult and she nodded. Without thought, her little hand instinctively went to find the hand of the one beside her, but she stopped herself remembering that she was not with her usual party partner. “If we stay close, I don’t think we’ll have a problem.” She didn’t recall there being no visibility like there had been in the bat cave on the second floor. 

Shay noticed that her companion drew his dagger, and she realized it might be time for her to prepare as well. She withdrew her Blood of Champions, and slid it up the sleeve of her kimono. The petite raven haired beauty debated whether or not to use it upon the young man. As she moved around Shirien and was about to prick him at the nape of the hooded figure with her crystal syringe, she recalled Life’s words about keeping her possession hidden. He did not want her going about all of Aincrad using the Blood, not because he didn’t want her to help others, but because using it on others would put her in danger as her unique item was of great value. Coming around to his other side, Mai instead pricked herself with the needle and quickly returned it to its quick slot. She did not think he’d seen what she’d done, and if he had, she thought he might have figured that she used a regular crystal to power up. As the Blood began to course through her, the young woman gave a soft smirk as she saw her stats boost. There was no fear on the blood; it was one of its strange side effects of the crystal: making the user more confident than before. As her health bar doubled, Mai pulled her Light Reaver from its sheath.

“Ready?” She asked the young man as they began to disappear into the trees and mist that surrounded them.

MAYURI USES BLOOD OF CHAMPIONS INCREASING HER HEALTH +40 AND HER DAMAGE +2

MAYURI'S STATS AND INVENTORY FOR THIS RP

Spoiler

HP: 88

EN: 12

DMG: 5

EVA: 2

MIT: 3

PARA: 2

FA: 12%

CC: 3

PROSP: 2

EQUIPPED

Light Reaver ( +2 para/+1 dmg)

Sakura Sunset ( +2 eva/+1 mit)

Healing Ring of the Sage (+3 cc)

AT READY

Aventurine bracelet (+2 prosperity)

Blood of Champions used for this thread

4 +15 healing crystals

3 - +15 mass healing crystals

Edited by Mayuri
Your mom!

Shirien couldn't help but grin at how modest she seemed to me. While trying not to stare at her beautiful clothing that made him look like a peasant he idly gestured to himself "That's far better than me. I've been a waste of processing power this whole time." He shrugs his shoulders and says while looking to the mist "But I'm trying to change that... at least a little bit." He raises a brow as out of the corner of his eye he sees her hand moving towards his, blushing softly until she pulled away and he kept his eyes forward, taking a deep breath. "That's true. As long as we keep close, this will be cake."

He froze with wide eyes when he felt a slight movement behind himself, momentarily worried he was about to get stabbed with a knife before he heard the sound of an item being used. Relieved he begins to breath again, slowly to not seem suspicious as he glanced back at the other player... To see her putting something away, but he hadn't seen what. It raised a few questions but none that had him suspicious. As far as he knew there were items higher up that could be used more than one time, but the fact she put something away to him meant that she certainly had something that was multi-use. Since they weren't in a party he had no way to know what the item had done really.

He shook distracting thoughts from his head and held his dagger at a ready position as he nodded, taking the lead since it was his quest. "I'm ready. Just... Uh... Make sure nothing stabs me in the back." He smiled, putting a lot of faith in her on that since this was going to be his first combat situation against a humanoid enemy for certain. While stepping into the mist he kept his eyes scanning all the horizons. He had considered a more stealthy approach but he didn't want to leave his partner in this quest to be the only one standing out. He was weak but he could take at least one hit he figured. At the moment though he was having trouble locating the elf in the hidden mists. Doubting that a thief would just suddenly reveal themselves in a grand fashion and make this quest too easy on them unless an opening was seen.

[ID# 58285][LD: 2]
((I was thinking that the dark elf thief will probably be using stealth, so I am LDing to look for them!))

Stats at time of RP

Spoiler

HP: 12
ENG: 3
DMG: 2

Equipped
Weapons
» Rusted Knife
» Leather Gauntlet <Locked>

At Ready
» Lesser Healing Potion (x1)
» +2 Damage Potion (x1)
» Poison Relief (x2)
» Nerve Tonic (x1)
»

Edited by Shirien

“There’s no shame in only starting out now,” Mai said soberly as she looked over at her companion, “Not everyone is ready to face death and I don’t blame them.  I was once afraid too…” She looked back ahead of her.

Death was something Shay had already confronted after not only having to watch her cousin take a death dive off a tower, but having been asked to “leave Aincrad” along with him. The smile upon his face as he fell, or the way he called out “come on” as he held his hand out to her as he tumbled down would forever be burnt into her memory. Though it’d been some months since she’d had nightmares about it, there was still the occasional night where she’d wake up in a cold sweat and in tears over it. Shay was brought back to reality when Shirien mentioned that he was doing something about things now, and she smiled and nodded. “Then getting you geared up ought to be the first step.”

They walked side by side through the mist both trying to track any movement though the dense air that hung about and hindered their view. “I’ll keep you safe,” Mai replied as he told her to watch his back. Though it made more sense for her to attack first as Light Reaver had paralysis and she had far more health, she knew she couldn’t take the lead, as one, it was his quest, and two, she was supported to be a support, supports did not lead, they followed.

LD: 2    

MAI FINDS A GRASSHOPPER, NO DARK ELF

Edited by Mayuri

Shirien smiled in thanks for Mayuri's kind reassurance while his eyes wandered the mists. He largely wished that it had been fear keeping him held down to the first floor. The shameful truth was that he had found contentment in being a parasite. Letting the higher leveled players clear the path for him and leave him simply gathering herbs to sell and eating food or sleeping in a cheap bed. He didn't have a tragic past or a mental scar, and that just made him feel more pitiful for his lack of effort until now.

Taking a deep breath he looked towards a nearby bush with wide eyes as he saw the slight glint of metal. Shirien charged forward towards the bush, the dark elf figuring out it had been discovered leaped from its leafy cover and into the open with a scimitar held in one hand, and a cloth sac in the other. The sac likely held the stolen items. The male elf wore dark clothing to match its dark skin as one might assume from the name.

Intent on getting the first blow off he closed the distance between the elf who swung first, the blade going over Shirien's head as he ducked and quickly slashed his blade across the thief's sides before backing out of their weapon's range. He hadn't done a huge amount of damage but it was a drop in the bucket, that's what mattered to Shirien. "You're up!" He says in a slightly cheery tone, apparently satisfied with his performance.

[LD: 17]

Dark Elf discovered!

[ID# 58343][BD: 8][MD: 4]

Shirien: 12/12 HP 2/3 Energy [-2 +1]
Action: Side Bite (2x1x2)

Dark Elf: 8/12 [-4]
Action: Miss!

Edited by Shirien

Mai was supposed to be looking for the dark elf….

BUT…

This was Mai we’re talking about so what she was supposed to do and what she did were sometimes two different things.

A lone grasshopper sat upon a log as she scanned the area. Instead of moving on, the young woman stopped to observe the little creature and it grew silent upon her approach. There was a certain type of grass hopper in the area that was supposed tob e useful for potion making, and Shay wanted to investigate to see if she had found a rare material. Unfortunately for her, it turned out to be a regular old, run of the mill grasshopper.

BOOO…

Meanwhile, Shirien happened to find the Dark Elf and even landed a decent strike upon the creature. She heard the young man call out to her but she didn’t quite mak out what he said. “Hmmm?” she reliped turning her head, finally catching on to what was going on.

“OHH!!!” Mai squeaked as she dashed off toward the battle.

“Sorry!” she called out, watching the elf for any moment. It was her job to protect Shirien, and she was doing a fail of a job at that.

BD: 3     CRUEL RNGESUS… TOO CRUEL

MAYURI FAILZ MISERABLY AT BEING A SUPPORT

DARK ELF     8/12

SHIRIEN      12/12    2/3 ENERGY

MAYURI     88/88     12/12 ENERGY

Edited by Mayuri

Shirien waited for an attack that wasn't coming, vaguely hearing an apology along with rushed running. He was staring back at Mayuri with wide eyes until he realized the elf was upon him! It sliced its scimitar right across his chest, making him grit his teeth as a crimson mark was left in its wake, sending tingles through his virtual nerves. "Ahhh! That doesn't feel good!!" His rapidly dropping hitpoints seemed to agree with his assessment. He was struck down into the red with that critical strike. Shirien himself however was not one to get hit and not return it in kind if possible.

Before the elf had a chance to back away he lunged forward with his dagger, the blade stabbing into the retreating elf far less fatally. The elf's HP was knocked down an additional third, putting the elf almost as low as Shirien who was backing away quickly while going through his menus. With two hits, the elf was definitely aggroed to him. He whipped out his potion and got ready to use it should Mayuri be unable to finish the elf off. It would be an early use of the potion but it would insure his survival for another attack! He would worry about what Mayuri was doing later, far more worried about his real and actual death being a papercut away!

[ID# 5840][BD: 8][MD: 9] ((Slightly less cruel but still pretty dang cruel!!))
Action: Side Bite (2x1x2)
Enemy Action: Critical!

Dark Elf: 4/12 [-4 HP]

Shirien: 2/12 1/3 Energy [-2 +1]

Mayuri : 88/88 12/12 Energy

Edited by Shirien

“Nononononononono!” Mai cried out as she switched out her weapon for a mass healing crystal.

Activating it, she took a deep breath as Shirien’s health went from death’s door to full once more. Her heart throbbed in her throat and ached. She’d nearly gotten the newbie player killed in an instant all because she’d not been in the game. The elf jumped back and Mai reactivated her weapon and then put herself directly between the young man and their opponent. She was angry. She should have totally told the boy she would take the lead. If the elf had been focused on her to begin with, he’d have been able to pluck away its health while she took its attacks. It was too late to change strategy however, so all she could try to do was shield Shirien until he was ready to attack again.

“Can you stand?” She asked him as she pointed her weapon at the elf, not taking her eyes off the damn thing.

BD: 4     SERIOUSLY? I COULD CRY…. SORRY

-2 ENERGY (taking down 2 more because I forgot last post)

MAYURI USES +15 MASS HEALING CRYSTAL AND SAVES SHIRIEN… FOR THE MOMENT.

Dark Elf: 4/12 

Shirien: 12/12      1/3 Energy [-2 +1]

Mayuri : 88/88     9/12 Energy  [-2 +1]

2 MASS HEALING CRYSTALS LEFT

Edited by Mayuri

The hooded player watched as his hitpoints rose, a smile of relief crossing his lips at Mayuri's kindness, but he was still in a bit of a panic. He was breathing heavily, as his hand left the potion and he raised his shaking dagger for the elf's next response. Shirien was backing away to try and get closer to Mayuri but his eyes were stuck to the elf. He fumbled over a branch and fell backwards onto his butt with a surprised yelp. The moment of shock and surprise was not unnoticed by the AI who closed in and stabbed towards Shirien, a pointed scimitar piercing through Shirien's leg, effectively pinning him as his health dropped again and he reached for his potion a second time to gulp it down so he would not be at risk of dying. "H-help please~?" He says as sweetly as he could with the situation while trying to kick the elf off of him with his free leg. Fear almost felt like an understatement for what he was feeling as his nerves shot off at the feel of the weapon in his limb and the worrying sound of a lowering hitpoint bar.

[ID# 58541][BD: 1 Miss!][MD: 6]
Action: Critical Miss!! ((Fuuuuuu-))
Enemy Action: Hit

Shirien: 3/12 1/3 Energy [-2 +1]

Edited by Shirien

Once more the elf attacked the young man, this time stabbing him in the thigh. Mai was pissed; the thing wasn’t even bothering with her, just simply targeting the one she traveled with. She turned to attack, but saw the look of fear in Shirien’s eyes as he asked for her assistance.  The way she’d been moving, her attacks were just too slow to hit the damn elf so she could only do one thing for him: save his health points. Retrieving another crystal from her inventory, she activated it and smiled at the young man as his health rose back to full. “He’s almost down, you’ve got this,” Mai reassured the hooded young man.

MD: 3     MISS     -2 ENERGY

SWING AND ANOTHER MISS!

1/3 Energy      Shirien: 3/12

10/12 Energy     Mayuri : 88/88 

Edited by Mayuri
the dice roller is a dick! and i fixied it! yay
  • 2 weeks later...

Shirien's hearing was mostly going unnoticed as he swung his dagger with abandon at the dark elf who was stabbing his leg. After slapping Shirien's hand away the dark skinned elf pulled the scimitar from Shirien's leg and instead swung it across the player's exposed throat. Shirien couldn't vocalize anything for some time until the wound shut itself, mute and panicked as he scrambled to his feet and away from the elf as his spare hand clutches his throat as if scared his head was going to just tumble off his shoulders despite not having gone that deep. The hooded player was trembling a bit. His confidence had soared down since his initial hit at the start of the fight.

[ID# 59499][BD: 2][MD: 10]
Action: Miss! 
Enemy Action: Severe Hit!! ((Literally Satan))

Shirien: 1/12 [-11 HP] 0/3 Energy [+1 -2]

Edited by Shirien

Mai could do nothing.

She was useless.

With every slash of Light Reaver at the enemy, the girl missed the creature by miles. She growled in frustration trying to keep it focused on her, but instead it went for the newly healed boy once more. “NO!” She screamed at the elf as it struck Shirien so hard that nothing but a small tick of his life was left. This was all so wrong… so very, very wrong.  Mai grabbed her last crystal and activated it. His health rose quickly, but there was no guarantee that he’d live after this moment. Her bright teal eyes fell upon his face, tears welling up in her large baby doll eyes, if something didn’t happen and soon she was going to lose him. She’d not lost a life yet, and she prayed that he would not be the first.

BD: 2     YOU HAVE GOT TO BE [CENSORED] KIDDING ME     -2  ENERGY

MAYURI CONTINUES TO BE OF ABSOLUTELY NO HELP

MAYURI USES +15 MASS HEALING CRYSTAL AND SAVES SHIRIEN

Shirien: 12/12      1/3 Energy

Mayuri : 88/88     11/12 Energy

MASS HEALING CRYSTALS LEFT

Edited by Mayuri
DON'T DIE!