[PP - F11] Sixteenth Floor Raid Meeting

The wanderer kept writing on his parchment. "T2 Mitigation.... Damage... Over-heal..." The wanderer finished his writing. "By Saturday huh? So soon," the wanderer thought as he slowly swung his fingers in the air and his parchment and quill disappeared. After Mack's speech, he slowly stood up. Fear ran down his spine. It would feel out of place for him to even say anything in this situation, but no one has said it yet. "Okay, I'm still new to this whole thing, but I'm guessing the Survival skill will probably be a mandate for this boss. Lava coming out of the floor, it seems like it's an environmental effect that you can just avoid with the survival skill." The wanderer stumble around his words a bit, but he eventually got it all out. "Also will you guys be needing those MITs, DMGs, and Overheals in crystals or potions?" Feeling relieved, the wanderer sat back down. He doesn't have to speak anymore. Then it hit him, he forgot one thing. He shot back up to his feet. "Oh! I also have Teleport crystals for the front-line people if they need them." His head filled with embarrassment. He slowly sat back down as his head began to cool off. He really felt out of place here.

Edited by Rain
  • Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So much had happened at once. Takao had delivered whatever information he had concerning the boss before departing only to have Mack take the reigns of the operation. From the sound of it the boss would be pretty sturdy with its high mitigation and an actual plan would be made at a later date. Then there was Opal... A woman he could hardly recognize anymore. By now what occurred at the last raid was no secret, but having to look at her as an enemy now wasn't exactly favorable in his opinion. What she said made sense... Though the only reason they really needed her now was because the group lost two of the strongest players in the game because of her. In a way it was just adding insult to injury to act like she was doing them a favor by joining the fight right after crippling their effort toward clearing the game. But there was nothing to be done about it now and he wasn't entirely sure if anything would ever be done about it.

No one else really spoke up after she left. Seul figured the raid would probably start in a few days, which meant he only had a short period of time to get ready if Mack was going to let him participate. The meeting was presumably over now and he wasn't about to waste time sitting around and so with a brief nod to the redheaded axe-man he got up from his chair and strolled out of the building.

[Seul exits.]

Takao finally got to speak up and Macradon would sit and lisen to what was going on, everything seemed like fine info they had gotten. The boss, a giant monkey with lots of armor and monkey minions. Macradon noted everything down that he needed for further notation. He sighed and would stand up and leave, ignoring mostly everything else that was said, by whoever if might've been. He sighed as he left the small tavern and would go back to his shop to rest. With a stern face and a body set to be in a knightly pose, Macradon marched out of the tavern.

- Macradon made his Exit -

Shirien grinned as the boss was finally described and Shirien started typing out the details for later reading into a PM to himself. The first thing he noticed was the height of the numbers that far exceeded what he could put out. Thankfully though the high numbers just gave him something to work toward, a solid goal instead of a fantasy or guess. He couldn't claim any kind usefulness here or insightful information that hadn't been brought up already by the more powerful players. He did note down a few things such as the 'survival' skill for example. He figured they'd turn out handy in the short term as well.

He listened in as he heard a speech made by the lady with silver hair. He gave a slight whistle as she proudly made her position known. He didn't quite understand the circumstances of the death that left her a green player, but he couldn't help but find some respect for her confidence and pride in being strong enough that she thought she was an asset no matter what she did. That said he was a touch worried about being around her seeing as she claimed to fall into a group of player-killers and he was a low level player. He hid his level with his clothes and nobody could check his stats, so he mostly just hoped that was enough.

He hummed in thought a moment when his notes were all jotted down and said "Well, best of luck to everybody here with the next meeting and the boss itself... I'm no expert by any sense, but I think the fact he is chained up should be of note. Why is he chained? Is that free hits for us, or will the assumed minions attack to free him? He'll probably just break himself free, but you guys are gonna have to choose if you are going to deal with the adds first, or try to focus him down before he can break free... Time limit or damage, who knows? If it were up to me I'd test it out, leave, and try again." He chuckled softly, aware not everybody was as patient as him, but there was no obligation to fight a boss once or all the way through. He raises a hand and waves as he heads on his way after giving his two cents. He doubted it'd save any lives, but it was there for consideration anywho. He had a lot of grinding to do before he could claim any part in the future raids however.

-Shirien Leaves the Meeting-

Hikoru listened intently and sighed. A giant monkey, which he really couldn't have expected. Being chained to the wall however, that was something that threw him for a loop. He would know that he would have to watch out for that. The minions really wouldn't be much of a problem by any means, and he didn't have much worry to it. He sighed and stood, giving a nod towards the group before Opal stood and gave her small speech. He grit his teeth and clenched his fists as she spoke. He knew he wouldn't do anything, because he couldn't. Not here, not now. He had to get stronger, and stronger is what he would become. He breathed and waited a few moments after she left, standing there staring at the door as if it was all he could do. He breathed and soon relaxed, and left the meeting without a seconds hesitation, preparing to train for the upcoming floor boss

~Hikoru leaves the Meeting~

After a couple more faces trickled in, Takao spilled the beans about the boss they would be encountering. Akumasaru, some sort of large ape, chained to the wall. Jomei propped his head on his fist and listened. He was not shre what it was, but he did not want to do this. Things were different now than they were... And he was not sure if he wanted to be a part of it. After Takao finished speaking, Jomei pushed his chair out and stood, a smirk on his lips and eyes closed. "Sorry Tak.. I'm out on thus one." He opened his eyes, and his smile had turned more serious, "Until further notice.. I'm retiring from the front lines..If you truly need my sword, you know where to reach me." Jomei stepped out from behind the table and placed his hands into his pockets, exiting the tavern.

-Jomei exits-

Scarlet listened to Opal speak, smirking at her little speech. It was a good one, and one that would likely allow her to participate in the boss fight without too much trouble. Manta felt as though Hikoru would be a big problem for Opal, as his emotions ran hot and despite the logic Opal had presented he would probably try something. Scarlet thought Hik was funny, so she didnt want him to die. She stood up and headed for the door, not mentioning her own feelings on the issue. She would back Opal up if she appeared at the fight, at least if anyone tried anything. The others didnt need to know that though.

<<Scarlet (Manta) leaves the thread>>

Khrysaor was busy keeping his head down during the meeting, jotting as many notes down on his paper. He wanted to record as much information as he could, to remind him of how far he still had to go before he could think to join in on the front lines. Khrysaor also made sure to write what he observed of how the others interacted. 'Man, look at the stats on Akumasaru, and even his minions. I have got a long way to go before I can even think of fighting something like that. I wonder what all the lava is about. I wonder if the boss uses the lava in one of its attack patterns, and if that is the case it must be a damaging attack. I can't really offer any of my blacksmithing skills to the others yet, because I haven't truly gotten my store up and running. At least not like Niko does.' thought Khrysaor.

Khrysaor started to notice the players slowly start to trickle out of the tavern after Mack was declared the leader of the raid. He was thinking that the meeting must be starting to finish, and started to pack his own notes away. Khrysaor turned his attention to Nikodemus thinking to start a conversation with him. Khrysaor asked Nikodemus, "Hey, Niko how is your business going so far?"

Having finished taking the notes and preparing himself to once again to travel to his home floor, with a quick pit stop at the KoB guild to have a word with their new Vice Commander Mack, Nikodemus was putting his foolscap and quill away safely in a pouch. Hearing a familiar voice he looked up at the young blacksmith he had worked with alongside Takao in the past. With a soft smile he nodded. "Business is good. I have had a nice influx of orders of late. It has given my shop a nice amount of funds with which to buy more materials if I need to. Other than that, I have been spending more time in the fields with players helping out and getting more experience under my belt. In face, once I finish some business up on this floor, I will be returning to my shop for a bit, then heading back out to deal with some jobs that have come to my attention. And how is business for you?"

Khrysaor was finishing up tidying his things, when he heard Nikodemus respond. Khrysaor nodded in understanding, and said, "Yea, You seem to be doing well then. My business still is on its starting phases. There is a lot to do to set up shop. First, you need a handy supply of material. Then, need to gain experience, and finally make all the items to put around the store. Seriously, I am still running into some problems with getting the material, although I am happy I just gained a rank in smithing. So, what are your thoughts about this meeting? Wasn't it your first time joining in on a boss raid meeting?" He started to finish packing, and after he was done his full attention went to Nikodemus.

With a thoughtful glance at his HUD, Nikodemus nodded. "Yes. Materials are the hardest part about getting started. Especially at the beginning. As for the raid meeting, yes. The last one that was had was when I just first began my steps to becoming a blacksmith, so I didn't bother wasting anyones time. As of right now, I have a nice bit of materials available, and some good items already made. So, figured it cannot hurt. I also want to make sure that anyone I know who is not prepared does not attempt to venture into this battle. Unlike minor sub-dungeon bosses or field bosses like that grumpy snowcone, Raid bosses are not to be trifled with by anyone not leveled properly. I had a fear some people I knew would show up and try to get in. Thankfully that wasn't the case. The only people here were ones like us, offering service or just joining to see how these things work for later."

Avilon merely listened on in shock and confusion, a normal state to be completely fair with herself but nonetheless everyone seemed to be relatively at odds while also attempting a truce. The pink haired girl merely giggled and waved to Opal as she left as well as the Takao man whom had been of much use in her the recent sub dungeon raids they all participated together in. As she stopped though she then looked over to Mack and Neko and said, "I suppose I ought to start getting out though as well before the battles begin. I don't want to get into anyone's way now and I intend to do a bunch more missions and become useful to everyone. Ciao!" She hopped off skipping out from the meeting area, like a little red cloaked figure but instead her pink hair flicking back and forth. A vibrant ray of sunshine ready to assist all that call upon her for aid.

[Exit Thread]

Edited by Avilon

"Yup, I know what you mean. No one who is leveled properly should not even think about joining in on a actual boss raid. Oh, well I think it is time for me to get out of this stuffy joint and back to farming for material. Cya around Niko, PM me if you want to do questing together, or even just to hang out. Bye." replied Khrysaor. With that said, Khrysaor took his remaining gear and started to head out of the pub. Khrysaor was thinking, 'Sure, was a interesting and insightful meeting. Hopefully everything goes well for the raiding team, and something like the horrific event from last time does not occur again.' Hands in his pocket, Khrysaor exits the tavern.

- Khrysaor leaves the thread

Having finished cleaning his equipment up, Nikodemus nodded to Khrysoar and bide him farewell. Once he had, He lifted his large ornate helmet from the table, looked around for a moment making sure that nothing was misplaced and no one needed his attention. With that, Nikodemus lifted the large helment and slid it over his head, locking it in place along the seals around the large ornate collar. With the helmet on and in place, Nikodemus headed for the tavern door and dropped 40 Col onto a table. With that he exited the tavern and began making his way to the KoB guild hall in search of Mack.

-Nikodemus left the thread-

OOC: Was given permission from Takao to join

Wind whipped and swept the outsides of the lone tavern. Blonde tousled hair gave the regal man a rather disheveled look as he perched himself against the window seal of the meeting room. Given his current crystal status, he figured it'd be a terrible idea to enter, but he had heard the location and wanted to do some reconnaissance of his own. After watching people file in one after the other and listening to constant babble from those within, the information he truly wanted came shortly after. Pressing his figure closer against the pane, not caring if his presence was noted, he listened in on the slightly muffled details of the boss. Something along the lines of a devil monkey with high mitigation and chained arms. As well as mobs that spawn in clusters. While exact numbers seemed loss between the glass, he had more than enough info to work with, should he make a surprise visit to the boss raid. Taking note of those now exiting, he opted to make his presence scarce.

~Oikawa exits thread~

Zandra havent realy been paying attention to what was going on around her. She was here to hear about the boss information that Takao was going to spill. But most off the time she had been sipping on her drink, thinking about what would be in it if it was in real life. When Jomei placed his hand on her shoulder and whispered in her ear she answered with a quick "Not much." With a tone that said 'Nothing, just chitchat.'. She offered him to taste the drink. But she saw the glass was empty and she placed it on the table. Thats when Takao told them that the boss was gonna be a giant ape. And lava? Her brain started to work. But she havent been thinking for long when something else brougth her attention. It was Jomei. He said that he would skip this fight. But not only that, he retired from the frontlines as well and then he left. Zandra sat on her chair, staring at the irishmans back with big eyes. She was completly stunned, couldnt believe what he just said. After a minute or so she snapped out of it."Wait what?" She said to herself. Then she turned to Takao."Thanks for the info. See you there." Then she rose and rushed out the door after the irishman.

-Zandra exits thread-