[PP - F11] Sixteenth Floor Raid Meeting

Everybody is welcome to attend the raid meeting. PM me before posting.

Takao had opted for a different venue for the raid meeting this time around. With the former Vice Commander of the guild whom had hosted the meeting last time gone AWOL following the simultaneous murders of Zelrius and Ssendom, he thought it might not be a best idea to host the meeting there. Instead, his plan was to give them enough information on the boss itself to allow whatever guilds might show up the opportunity to host their own meeting amidst themselves. They would have plenty of time to prepare, after all.

Having rented out an adequately sized tavern just outside the eleventh floor settlement of Taft, Takao took up a position near the bar. He found himself dressed in more common clothing, having opted to forego his usual hunting gear in favour of something a little more comfortable. A green hoodie with some needlessly decorative lines to fit what he could only describe to be the "Aincrad Style", black slacks vaguely reminiscent of his usual pants, and boots with which his trousers were tucked in. Simple, informal, and casual; he didn't care to appear as anything more. Takao had informed several players on his friends list and had spread the news of the meeting location as well as the time through the grapevine, trusting that the information would reach the ears of interested parties. Now, alone in the tavern save for the barkeep NPC, Takao awaited the arrival of whomever planned on showing up.

Edited by Takao
  • Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Having heard word of the Floor 16 Boss room being found, Nikodemus was not surprised that it was Takao who had found it. Having spent a day punching a rock with the man, so he knew the caliber of him. Hearing that the open invitation had been made for anyone to come, he decided to attend this one. Heading to Floor 11, Nikodemus made his way to the tavern where the meeting was to be held. Entering the door, Nikodemus was seen to be wearing his full armor, his shield on his back. His weapon was put away, hanging from it's normal resting place on a length of chain, but never far from his reach should he need it.

His ice blue eyes scanned the tavern until he located Takao, dressed in fairly casual wear. Smiling, Nikodemus made his way to the young man and clapped a hand to his shoulder. "Nice to see you again Takao. Glad you made it through the Floor 15 fight. I am here to offer any services I can, free of charge of course, to anyone who intends to be on the front lines for this up coming fight. I'll just stand back, take notes on the boss, and then any orders that come in. Don't mind do ya?"

Scarlet walked into the tavern on the eleventh floor, having recently regained her memories during her taking of the <<Calming the Soul>> quest. Still, she was a different person now, even with those memories having been restored. In fact, she had condemned her old self as being a bit of an idiot. Why would she go into hiding? It wasnt like there was any threat to her just because a boy she had known had died. She glanced around, her eyes focusing on Takao, who was dressed casually. She glanced down at herself, taking note of the dressy black vest and white collared shirt that she was wearing, along with the black skirt. Compared to him it seemed as though she had overdressed.... She didn't introduce herself, even though her appearance was different, and instead found a seat at a table towards the back. 

Ratatosk looked at a tavern, it slightly resembled a bar, and that's what made him remember something stupid. Those "Two people walk into a bar" jokes. He got that off his mind and entered the tavern, seeing a few familiar faces. "Yo! What's up Takao, Niko." Something about Ratatosk changed, first of all, the color of his eyes were the same as Takao's, and he seemed much more friendly and passive than before. "So this is the sixteenth floor boss raid meeting right? I'm not sure if I can participate yet since I'm only level nineteen... But I'll try my best to learn a thing or two."

Jade eyes watched as a few players began entering, yet not the players he'd been expecting. With folded arms, his gaze drifted over the hand that was clapped onto his shoulder, then to the face of said hand's owner. His personal space had been invaded and, as of late, he did not quite enjoy it, even if they were in a safe zone.

"Yeah, uh... Good t'see you." He said, eyes diverting their gaze across the tavern to the two others as they entered. One had been Ratatosk, and the other was somebody who seemed vaguely familiar. Nikodemus mentioned something about standing aside and taking notes, as well as something regarding orders, to which Takao nodded to. "Yeah, that's fine with me. I don't mind." His response, much like his general demeanor, was fairly distant. Still genuine, but distant, as though something was on his mind.

Takao's attention settled on Ratatosk as he spoke up, and his dull gaze rested on the blonde from his position at the bar. "I don't mind you listening in, but nobody under level twenty five is participating in the raid." He said, his tone simple and stern. They had enough to worry about with the raid as it were, and watching out for inadequately leveled players was not something he would willingly add to the list. He briefly recalled the topic having been brought up at the last meeting, but couldn't quite remember his stance then. But now, without the information being public knowledge, he was more than capable of being in control of who attended, and he intended on keeping it that way.

The door were pushed open by a strong arm. Behind her flowed the silver white spun of hair that billowed out from the wind before she had finally stepped within the tavern. Opal half expected to see some familiar faces in there, but she did not see the faces of old that would help embark on the future of Aincrad floor clearing. The woman sighed and mentally shrugged, perhaps she was just early for the meeting. The woman found a place in the back, scarlet hair flowed from the woman as she sat in solitude. As Opal only gave the woman the slightest of nods, she did not recognize her from anywhere and her line of sight broke off immediately as she curved around and took a seat closer to the middle of the room. Her long hair flowed about her body as she sat down, one hand snatching up the locks and brushing them behind her body as she sat and lifted one leg over the other and placed her hands locked in place over her lap. 

Her violet eyes once again peered back at the redhaired woman, giving her the slightest of smiles before returning her gaze to Takao. She was dressed a little differently, but there were not many women like Opal in Aincrad that dressed so provocatively and without shame, then again, perhaps he already knew and did not care, or for the simple fact he did know who she was at first glance. She cleared her throat lightly, brought a hand up to her interface and began to get ready to take notes. However after her last raid, she would not be safe from those who would want her dead. Maybe they didn't need her help and they had enough power to get by. A mental shrug, she would discuss that later with them.  

Zandra had got a message that it was time for next boos raid meeting. She warped up to the eleventh floor where Takao had called them. She entered the inn and there it wasnt realy crowded. There was only five people present at the time where three off them was familiar faces. She greeted with a nod and a smile on her lips. She then walked to the bar to order a beer and then sat down at an empty table and sipped on the icecold drink. She then turned her whole focus to the host Takao and waited for the meeting to begin.

The wanderer walks closer to the bar where a supposed meeting is being held. He had heard of the news of a meeting for the 16th floor boss and he wanted to help. He may not be of high level, but high alchemy is fairly decent and is willing to help anyways he can. He slowly opened the bar door and stepped inside to a few people sitting randomly throughout the bar. "It looks like the meeting hasn't started," he thought to himself. He pulls back his hood back and timidly faces the corner of the room and grabs the seat farthest from everyone.

As he sits down, he slowly scans the room to see if he recognizes anyone. Unfortunately, he doesn't. However, one person did catch his eyes. His azure blue eyes stare blankly at a scarlet haired woman wearing a white blouse with a black vest. He wasn't interested in the woman, specifically, he was staring at what she wore. In his mind, he wanted to get a set of clothes like those - well maybe not the vest, that's a little overdressed. He wanted to ask were he got that shirt, but he decided to maybe wait until after the meeting.

After easing up a bit, the wanderer leans back on his chair. With a quick swipe of his fingers, he opens his inventory and takes out a quill w/ ink and paper. Now, he awaits for the meeting to start.

Edited by Rain

The 11th floor, the place she now called home since she bought a house and moved her shop here. With a sigh, Ariel made her way towards the indicated tavern in the area designated as a "Safe Haven", a place where the anti-crime code would act if players decided to have a little physical showdown. Still, Takao messaged about the raid meeting. Yet again he trail blazed before her and managed to find the boss room. Wearing a tasteful kimono with floral pattern and with a blue fan in hand, her rapier was nowhere to see as it would conflict with her intention of passing as merely another interested party in the planning. She just hoped that Takao wouldn't let others run the show like last time but she could understand his unconditional surrender as the raid leader in the previous fight, she too suffered from a certain animal phobia. People who at the sight of the white lioness by her side, would out her as a source for Ariel's fears.... would be terribly mistaken. Kimba was more like the exception that strengthens the 'rule'.

Still, she had no intent of disclosing that particularity of hers to no more than a handful of people. She entered the tavern and cast a glance around the place, some she recognized some she didn't... but one person in particular caught her attention. She still had a green marker above her head even after murdering in cold blood an asset of the front lining team. With a casual smile she closed her fan and walked directly towards Opal, who despite the change of image was still pretty recognizable at a closer look. She walked toward the middle of the room where the woman was seated, all ready to take notes like a honor student. She took a seat next to her and opened her fan as she brought it to her mouth as she slightly leaned over towards Opal: "I didn't expect to see you here so I'll cut straight to the chase. I think you already know I'm not one of those Brigade fangirls and revenge isn't my thing to be honest. But make no mistake, if I even suspect that you and your new undertaker guild are targeting even one of the handful of people I hold dear and care for..." she didn't want to continue, thinking that Opal was smart enough to figure out the rest.  'If you see the fangs of the lion, don't think the lion is smiling.' was a Arabic proverb that she became quite fond of after a certain fencing tournament IRL.

"But I don't have any ill intent towards you dear. I can't say the same for the rest..." she said while shrugging, this time in a louder tone to make sure she was heard by the rest. Today she would stand by her side as before all... even after what happened and excessive internal debates she had reached this conclusion: Opal was her friend from her point of view, she didn't trust her new guild one bit though. She just stayed through to herself and gave the woman her piece of mind before anything else. This decission might end up with her being hated by some or the majority of the assault team... but she cared little about the rest. Her guardian creed now only applied to a hand of people now.

She waved at Takao and the rest that looked in her direction with her fan as if saying 'Don't mind me!' seeing that the planning already started. Meanwhile Kimba walked next to Ariel while looking around for the rest of the familiars that attended the party. "For the record, you slayed my business partner....and owe me a unique" she said with a giggle the continued in a slightly more serious tone: "You know,  Mack didn't take your desertion that well." she whispered as she brought her fan to her mouth again while stealing a glance from Opal to see how she reacted as she petted her lion companion.

Edited by Ariel - The Crowned Lion

Scarlet raised an eyebrow as seemingly everyone noticed her. You dye your hair red and all of a sudden everyone notices you... She thought to herself, paying specific attention to Opal who it seemed had taken notice of her, much more than when she was a member of Azure Brigade. The woman walked towards the back where she was sitting, and then made a U-turn and walked towards the middle, where sat down, as though making a show of being here. She had guts, Scarlet had to give that to her. She smiled, just as Opal glanced back to her with a small smile before she shifted her gaze to Takao. Had she somehow known what she was thinking? She shook it off. Another player wandered in, sitting down and staring at her for a good while. He turned away, and she released an inward sigh of relief. She looked back at Opal as Ariel walked in and straight over to her. It was pretty obvious what she was saying. Scarlet smirked, watching it go down. Drama made things exciting.

Shirien heard the 16th floor's boss had already been found, absolutely astounded as the boss of the 15th floor had only just been defeated. A sense of curiosity filled him as he traveled to a fairly high floor with his hood up and hiding his eyes as he idly strolled into the room and gave a slight wave. He was sure very few people would know him so he simply said  "Don't mind me, I'm too weak to take part, just here to listen and learn. Feel free to pretend I'm not here." He says while smiling to anyone who looked at him, putting his back to a wall and crossing his arms, idly tapping a finger against the other arm to a beat only existent in his mind.

It was best he learned how the whole process went early on if he was ever to catch up. It would be better than fumbling around and looking like a fool at a higher level, at least now he had inexperience to blame. For now he kept his eyes on everyone and listened for names or keywords, anything he thought might be useful to himself in the future or just seemed like a good thing to know just in case. He doubted he'd have much to contribute or say himself as this was as high in floors as he has ever gone, and it wasn't about to change until he did some major leveling.

Spoiler

I'm alright with getting no credit since I'm just a watcher.

Walking into the small tavern the meeting was supposed to take place, Macradon was ironclad in all his armor as usual, as guild business was at hand, not only the guild's business, but the people of Aincrad's. A raid meeting was being held by Takao, again, though this time it wasn't set at the KoB meeting hall, which seemed fair as the Ex-Vice Commander turned out to be a PK'er, and a Laughing Coffin member. With a deep sigh he would enter the tavern, all covered up in his armor, his sallet helmet, vambraces, halfplate, tabbard, poleyn and demi-greaves. The knight entered in a casual fashion and would locate a table he could sit at near the other people. "Greetings" he said to the folks around, only a few were ones he knew, and none of the others seemed like anyone who would join into the big raid.

"Good to see you all, Takao, Zandra" he said and nodded to the two as he would sit down. "Who are these people?" he would think for himself and glance at the different people, none of which he remembered seeing. He sat a table with enough room for him and Mack to sit at without much distortion, and if the Commander would arrive, he would have a spot to sit at as well. Macradon sighed and would ty to get eye contact with the barman, but it was hard due to Macradon's helmet, he had not chosen to take it off yet, as he didn't feel comfortable among all these strangers. After a few tries he managed to get a drink down to himself, a simple tea with a few ice cubes in it.

In his newly redyed cloak, which was now snowy white with blood red crimson trim, Mack shoved open the doors to the tavern that had been announced as the location for the Boss Raid meeting by Takao who had, once again, discovered the location of the Boss' room. The crimson headed Vice Commander of the Knights of the Blood Oath was a bit put off that Takao hadn't contacted him about, once again, conducting the meeting in the Knights' guild hall, which was on this floor, but he could also understand the swordsman's reasoning given recent events. As his storm grey eyes swept over the assembled crowd of players they quickly spotted Takao but rather than make a beeline for the other player, Mack first made his way to the bar and ordered the largest tankard of stout beer they sold, paying for the drink before wrapping his right hand around the pewter mug and its frothy contents and then making his way through the crowd in the direction of Takao.

"He's quite right," the axeman rumbled, the carbon steel blade of Invictus twinkling over one shoulder as he took a long pull from the mug. "Boss Rooms are too dangerous for players who can't equip Tier Two weapons, armor, and consumables. It has nothing to do with arrogance and everything to do with safety," Mack continued, taking another long pull from the beer in his hand. "It's nothing personal, Ratatosk." With that, the Vice Commander turned his attention to Takao.

"I understand your reasoning for changing venue, but given the success in clearing Limbo without any player ever being in serious danger I hope you will at least permit me to handle the combat strategy again. If it's not broken, there's no need to fix it, I'll grab a seat in the front and you can call on me if you want. Beyond that, the Knights should be able to provide a few more fighters this time around. Grave and Seul are both close to joining our ranks, but I do not know if the Commander will be joining us for this fight or not," Mack said in a low-tone before spinning smartly and taking a seat front and center in the tavern. Now that he was, once again, in a position of authority within one of the largest guilds in Sword Art Online it was time to get down to business and put away the more jovial manner he had displayed when he was merely the Commander of the Vanguard within the Knights.

-50 Col - Stout Beer

Ebony walked into the tavern that the meeting was taking place at and glanced around at all of the people located there. It seemed as though she was just in time for the start of the meeting, seeing as almost everyone who had attended the other meetings she'd been to was there, plus a few new faces. There was a red haired woman, and Opal, the woman who had killed Dom. She hadn't expected to see her at this meeting, but she supposed it was all right. This was a safe zone, so it wasn't like anyone was going to be able to hurt her. Although, at the boss fight things might go very differently.

OOC// I'll be giving out the information as soon as the GMs actually give it to me, so we might have to wait a bit for that. TIL THEN HAVE SOME INCONSEQUENTIAL FILLER

At some point during the influx of players, Takao had zoned out. His thoughts had overtaken his attention in force, and he began to occupy himself in typical fashion; running through scenarios. Opal's presence, while not particularly desired, wasn't necessarily unexpected either. She was bold and she seemed to get some enjoyment from stirring the pot. Her attendance was nothing short of inevitable, especially given his open-house approach to the meeting. He muttered aloud yet quietly, his musings mostly inaudible to those around him. Distracted was a good word to describe his current state of being, or perhaps even distant.

His eyes wandered to Ariel and lingered on her form. The thought that they might be conspiring together had crossed his mind, yet he doubted they would be so obvious about it. Or, perhaps they were intentionally doing so in an attempt to further throw others off their track. Takao had once doubted that Opal would ever become a player killer, yet there she sat, smug and proud of her accomplishment. Ariel's involvement in another guild didn't do much to convince him otherwise as well, considering Opal herself had been something of a double agent within the Knights of Blood. It was an odd sensation, to feel himself lose all trust in those around him in such a short span of time. He felt different and out of sorts; a change he could only attribute to recent events.

From Ariel, Takao's eyes shifted to Mack. What had been his combat strategy again? The tanks tanked, the players with area of effect wiped out the minions, and the players without targeted the Boss. It seemed as though their purposes had always been that linear, with minor discrepancies here and there. "It's not my job to organize raids. All I did was scout out the room." Takao said, his eyes drifting away from Mack and back toward whatever he'd been staring at to occupy his attention prior. "Be in charge of the strategy if you want, or don't. Makes no difference to me. I'm just here to relay the information." His words escaped in dry monotone. Despite the roughness to his words, they were still honest. His only intention was to give them the information, and to let them sort it out themselves.

"I guess I'm back here again"

Calrex gave a small sigh as he entered into the tavern that the floor raid meeting was being hosted at he kept his hands in his pockets as his posture remained relaxed, almost in a carefree manner. His eyes were partially closed as his head was partially tilted downwards. The setting of the meeting felt similar to when Ariel had summoned him, Teayre, Meokka, and Azrael together to suggest forming Absolute Pin. It was at this point that the Ultramarine Knight had gone through a small handful of guilds before becoming a solo player once again.

Opening his eyes fully the bluenette tilted his head straight as he looked at the people that had already arrived. There were some familiar faces, and some unfamiliar ones, "Guess there's more new participants this time around?"

Giving a wave to everyone he knew he took a seat close to the door. He had already taken note of the presence of Opal, who was the former vice-commander of the Knight of the Blood Oath. He still wasn't sure what the woman had planned, but he now knew that he would to some extent be careful around her. From what she had said before the last raid, there were other individuals he would need to keep an eye out for, as what she had planned wasn't something that could be accomplished on her own. Whether it was already formed, or just in the making, a new "shadow" had begun to form on the horizon of Sword Art Online's players.

With a small exhale, Calrex propped up an arm on the table and rested his hard in his palm, opening his ears for what was being said.

Sitting at a table towards the farthest wall, Nikodemus had a sheaf of foolscap before him and a small quill in hand ready to take notes and orders. As each new player came in, he wrote a few notes here and there on each of them from what he knew already, or what was seen then and there. Assessing the incoming players was easy and would occupy him for a time while he waited for the meeting to start. He saw many people he knew come into the tavern, and each of them he marked down and wrote in the things he knew of them. With a soft sigh, Nikodemus stopped writing and leaned back in his seat, his hands resting on the table before him.

"Here is to the hope that this boss raid goes as relatively as smooth as the last one." Mumbling to himself, he then stretched his arms back and then returned to writing down the information he needed for the players. He had a hope he would be able to equip any who needed armor or weapons before the first boss fight began, and so needed as much information as he could get before the orders began so he could check what he had at his shop.

Shirien was an outsider to the player politics but it didn't take long for him to figure out three very definite facts. The man with red hair whose name he didn't know was at least a somewhat respected leader and strategist. He would have to make sure not to piss him off in the future or else risk being given the most risky jobs if he ever caught up. The second thing was that nearly everyone's eyes were on the lady with silver hair and violet eyes. He didn't know what she had done, to who, or why, or if it was merely her physical appearance drawing so many eyes. In either scenario he tapped his finger against his arm faster while trying to overhear their names. Having no idea who people with such presences were didn't make him too comfy. The third was that the man whose name he overheard as 'Takao' being the person who had discovered the latest boss. He was a fast work in Shirien's eyes due to the swiftness of the discovery. To Shirien it indicated that Takao was either very strong or very fast, or perhaps very impatient and willing to risk his life.

While waiting for more information to meet his ears he did hear a few names and was able to associate their faces to those words with a little focus. Those few had less impact on him but he wasn't going to overlook earned knowledge, quickly making mental notes of their armor and equipment for future reference. Those who were wearing any that is. With that solidified in his mind he looked down at himself, making sure his armor wasn't on and just his clothing, and his weapon was unequipped too. It was a safe zone so he didn't fear death, but he also didn't want to be seen as a threat or stand out without need. That, and having no combat items made it hard to gauge his level, but he did make it clear he wouldn't be participating this time. With nothing better to do and feeling a slight sense of nervousness he takes a piece of boar jerky from his inventory and starts to chew at it, keeping his eyes low but his ears open.

Spoiler

Y'want filller? Have some filler!

Hikoru breathed as he entered the room where the meeting was to take place. He had heard that the 16th floor boss room had already been found, and he was happy to see that they could continue on their adventures to the upper floors. He came in and saw a few familiar faces around the room. Takao and Mack, a few players that he had met a few times in his travels around this area. Ariel, his soon wife-to-be sitting in a beautiful Kimono that brought a slight tinge to his cheeks. He blushed and started to make his way towards her, when he saw her. The player that had killed his friend and Ally Dom, sitting there as if nothing is wrong. He grit his teeth and looked her dead in the eye. He knew he couldn't do anything here, nor would he make a scene. He just simply stared for a moment, for that's all he could do. He breathed and looked back to Ariel, coming over to her and giving her a peck on the cheek, then sitting down beside her and taking her hand, squeezing it tight to expel of his anger.

"She's here..." He whispered to Ariel through grit teeth "and if she tries anything, I will kill her...." He said. He couldn't help but saying anything else from that. He knew this woman was nothing of pure evil. To hide in the shadows like a weakling and wait until no one was expecting it, then deciding to leave without another word, that was nothing but a cowards move. He breathed and squeezed Ariel's hand quietly, not wanting to explode in front of these players. He knew that his wife-to-be could keep him in control, as long as she wasn't hurt. If she cried, or if the girl said anything that insulted her, he didn't know what he would do. He just breathed and focused as best he could onto the topic at hand

Ebony watched as everyone's attention was seemingly on Opal even if they weren't looking directly at her. Ebony didn't really think what Opal had done was so bad. If anyone should be blamed for Zelrius and Dom's deaths it was Kayaba. After all, he had implemented to death system and the player killing systems. Opal was just doing what she could to get ahead, following the rules. She had intelligence, which was why she was still green now. Ebony would never do the sort of things that she had done, but her anger was aimed at Kayaba, not the other players.