Quests List w/ Recommended Levels

It's amazing what boredom and energy can do. ._. I compiled a list of all the current quests with their recommended levels if - if any. This is honestly more for me to keep track of the quests, but I guess other people, too, if you find this useful. Just click the link for more info. 

~ Any ~
«Breaking the Unbreakable»
«Calming the Soul»
«Feeding the Enemy»
«Saying Vows»
«Randomly Generated Quests»

~ Levels 1 - 10 ~
[2] «Earning a Living»
[3] «Worn out Welcome»
[5] «Let There Be Light»
[5] «Secret Medicine of the Forest»
[6] «The Gemini»
[8] «Long Live The Queen»
[10] «The Traveler»

~ Levels 11 - 20 ~
[12] «Avalanche»
[12] «Search for the Hoya»
[15-20] «Arabian Nights» First Night

~ Levels 21 - 30 ~
[20] «Bandit Camp»
[23] «Guardian of Fire»
[25] «Wail of the Banshee»
[25] «The Essence of Steel»
[25] «Wail of the Banshee»
[25] «Escape»

~ Levels 31+ ~
[25-35] «Arabian Nights» Second Night
[30] «The Iron Guardian»
[30] «Redemption»
[33] «Lord of the Sea»
[35] «Butcher of the Sands»
[35] «The Lich's Calling»
[35] «The Night's King»

No current recommended levels
«Blood in the Sand»
«Case of Wurms»
«Deforestation»
«Monkey King»
«The Falling of Tagas»
«Snake Out of Water»

Edited by Rain

>Let There Be Light is recommended to level 5s
>Features two enemies of equal strength to the boss of Long Live The Queen
>Also features suffering dice debuffs from the darkness
>Long Live The Queen is recommended to level 8s

If I didn't know better, I'd say this game is trying to kill us!

Change Calming The Soul to level 1-5, because when you grandmaster a weapon skill (And reach T2 gear), the damage of the inner demons will be like this.

Dagger

1st: 52

2nd: 69

3rd: 104

4th: 156

One Handed Straight Sword

1st: 36

2nd: 48

3rd: 72

4th: 107

One Handed Curved Sword

1st: 36

2nd:48

3rd:72

4th: 107

Rapier:

1st: 46

2nd: 61

3rd: 91

4th: 137

And let's also not forget how much of a ****storm this is gonna be if Zelrius was still alive and took it.

Dual Blades:

1st: 87

2nd: 117

3rd: 176

4th: 263

And considering he doesn't have any mitigation, that last demon would probably kill him if he rolled a one.

What I'm saying is that some people DON'T do the math and some people DON'T prepare. The fourth demon will kill a lightly armored player who grandmastered their weapon skill in about, two to three hits. And then they're gone, no healing item can save them from that. Doing it at lower levels using thorns armor is much safer, in fact, there's almost no chance of death at all if you do it around my level with only 1 perfect piece of equipment (With 2 slots thorns and 1 mitigation).

Correct me if I'm wrong, but you can't die in Calming The Soul. Not only does the quest seem to exist solely in some mindspace relative to Sao's reality, imposed onto the player, but the flavor text seems to indicate that death in Calming wont actually kill. 

Here four doors present themselves behind the shadow like creature, each one custom made to the player in design possibly depicting a symbol or image with significance to them. The figure lowers its hand and signals the player to enter the doors at their own pace. Upon choosing a door you  must face your inner demons and prove your might, each demon proving more difficult than the one before. When entering the doors an entirely new room is found, each one's layout depending on the demon being faced. After a demon is defeated the player will exit the room and can rest before engaging the next one, if you are incapable of continuing however your mind will begin to unravel and your fears will cast you out of the space and back into reality causing the quest to fail. Failing will not only cost you the rewards but can even cost a person's mind, or at the very least part of it.

The only way one could truly be incapiable of continuing is if their HP was 0, the way I see it. Granted, losing the quest makes you go insane? But that isn't nessicarily death. This is outside the topic of difficulty levels, however.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 10/05/2016 at 7:13 PM, Takao said:

I wonder if those level recommendations were ever adjusted to reflect the SA update. Might be something I'll go through later and check because I love me some math.

They were actually, based off honestly if someone walking in without defence was going to be one shot by the enemy by the new HP/damage scaling or not.