A few concerns about Merchants

Appraisals

The first concern I have is about Appraisals. They are a great unique system in my eyes, but they are easy to abuse due to them being treated the same way as a crafter despite their unique nature. A blacksmith only uses materials, materials have zero unique qualities. A merchant uses a material AND an item. The issue with this is that there is no way to pinpoint the item used.

As it stands there is no rule to state the item being used in your post, meaning you could easily scapegoat in a Good quality item just because that reroll you tried ended up locking the weapon. It's just honor-system based in my eyes when it really shouldn't be.

The way I'd resolve my concerns with appraisals is this: You can only appraise one item per post. You can appraise that one item as many times as you want, but you can't take a lucky roll meant for another item and apply it to that rare you had in your back pocket. Atop of that you need to state what item is being appraised before you actually perform the roll. Otherwise the same issue applies where you are just switching them out on a whim. I don't know if the staff has the ability to view edits made to a post, but it would assist in catching cheaters in either regard. There is no negative unless you are trying to abuse the system.

Item Stats

The second concern I have is that many of the stats on potions, food, and the like in the merchant shop appear out of date. Firstly, unlike enhancements like the alchemist's potions, they do not mention tier in any way. such as Tier*X for a health potion. Furthermore the numbers are not in line with the enhancements stated for an alchemist. The Health and Thorn potions are the most obviously mismatched, one being stronger and the other weaker than an alchemist's.

I believe that this is because Merchant is the only profession to have their items listed in the profession guide instead of Enhancements and so they do not get updated with every change. I would suggest that either the staff keep a closer eye on the merchants items and update them appropriately or move them to the enhancements section for future updates and prevent this issue entirely. With a link, of course.

Tiers

The third concern I have is related to the previous one. None of our items have tiers stated anywhere on them. I feel it should be made clear: Can merchants sell tier 2 potions and items, or are all our items ALWAYS tier 1 no matter our rank?

This bleeds into appraisals as well. Suppose we purchase a good quality sword from a merchant. Good quality items are functionally identical no matter what 'tier' you choose to assign to them. I'm wagering many people won't even bother to put a tier when they craft a good quality item. If I appraise a good quality item, could I decide its tier? Could I make it into a tier 3 item (once available, I know only tier 2 is unlocked right now) and that's that?

If so, that does provide one way for merchant appraisals to be somewhat more useful as well. That being if one could appraise an item and if it succeeds instead of adding an enhancement (like with a perfect weapon) you instead raise the tier by one. Just a random suggestion, naturally they can be locked as well.

In Closing

I feel that there are some likely unintentional loopholes and missing/false information that really should be listed, and I think it would be a reasonably simple task to resolve these issues with brief statements or edits. Thank you for reading this, and I would appreciate it if you commented and discussed this so it gets attention!

• 4 weeks later...

*Reading*

The easier way to fix the appraisal issue is just to require that it be an uncommon or a rare item that you're appraising. There's nothing to stop me from doing what she suggests, even if it's only once per post. I didn't even think you were allowed to appraise a good item, since that's extremely exploitable. In fact, I thought the rules said something more specific like I did. You could also link the approval post of the item in your roll, instead of your appraisal post.

My other problem with this, as I have said, was that Zero designed it to fail. The odds of getting a unique enhancement (Arguably the purpose of this skill) is less than 1%, and then you have to roll for the enhancement you get, meaning you could still end up with a terrible item, and it's a complete crap shoot as far as what you end up with. It should be revised so that a 13+ (meaning a CD 13 or higher) on the CD unlocks a unique enhancement. Remember that this is still a perfect quality item, not a demonic, it just has a super rare enhancement on it. I should also note, that as a craftsman, it's harder to roll a rare than it is a perfect, so that makes this a very niche item. This raises the chance to turn a rare into a perfect WITH a unique enhancement to ~8% chance, assuming you have a +1 CD item, or 15% chance if you're using consumables to boost you even more.

2) Items - 100% agree here. She's absolutely right. I re-wrote the entire merchants guide and took this into consideration, but I increased the quality of goods by merchant rank, due to merchants not needing materials to produce these items. But the merchant isn't alone in being ignored when the item/stats changes happened. As a side note, every profession should produce a consumable that is useful in raids, and merchants don't have anything, mostly since our potions are basically just worse than an alchemist's (Which is fine, since again, we don't need materials for ours. They're always available. But that means we should have a wider variety) Perhaps merchants could sell everything an alchemist can, but only in potion form, and with a slightly lower effect. That way when alchemists get overwhelmed, the over-flow come to merchants but get lower quality items (and if like Safeguards, you can alter them slightly. Alchemist safeguards last until hit. Merchant safeguards might only last 1 or 2 rounds).

3) See points 1 and 2. Good quality items shouldn't be appraise-able. 

Re-her closing: She pretty much hits the nail on the head. Merchant hasn't been touched since Oske re-wrote the class, other than eliminating our voucher system, and replacing it with appraisals - a system that Zero admitted was designed to fail, and only exists to give Merchants a way to gain XP and level.

(eh, screw it, why not. I haven't looked at this in several months, and I don't even know that I've proof read it. I would change a lot of it now, but here's what I had worked up so far. @Shirien) @Life @Mack

Goal: To make being a Merchant Relevant to the economy and to have a function pertaining to progression and to correct inconsistencies

NOTES:

• I have tried to set this up so that there’s space for more than one merchant in the game. Low level merchants are optimized to sell to low level players, and high level merchants to high level players with a focus on things that the progression team would use.

• By selecting these prices for Good, uncommon, rare, and perfect items, it creates an exit for items from the economy. This will help crafters from having 500 unused uncommons and rares that are never going to be purchased. It also sets the floor for what perfect items would be sold for.

• By incentivising the merchant to take the option of a material in place of Col, this keeps Col from flooding the economy, but keeps crafters selling their excess goods to the Merchant and to keep scarcity up.

• If you think this is too complicated for the average player, let me know and we can work it out

Merchant

Merchants are players that can sell basic items to help other players and further their own careers and adventures.

(Credit to Oske, Zero, and Tristan for creating the basis of this guide)

APyoHhXI6gtSM5iMqMnDKE3Ql5Kk63fjPtO4fRjh

Abilities

Merchants can sell specific items. They have a junk sale section, a general store, and a custom store. Depending on level, the general store can sell additional items. They are:

Rank 1 - Cart Merchant: You have a cart that you can sell basic supplies from. See the Basic Supplies list for the merchant cost. You have an unlimited number of these items, and players can buy them from you automatically at a price you set. The difference between the merchant cost, and the sale price is your profit. You can also set up your custom store. As a merchant, you can also use one of your craft attempts per day to try and net a material through your day’s trade.

Rank 2 - Salesman: You now have a booth in a city street and can hold far more supplies than before. See the Expanded Stock list for your expanded inventory. You can now also appraise items for hidden traits up to and including tier 2 items.

Rank 3 - Businessman: You now have your own (small) store in a city of your choice. Your inventory has greatly expanded, as have your market connections and trade resources. You can now buy Uncommon, Rare, and Perfect items from players and sell them to your network of connections for Col. You can also appraise items for hidden traits up to and including rank 3 items.

Rank 4 - Merchant: Not only do you have your store, but you now have space in a merchant guild’s warehouse. You can now buy items from crafters and turn them into materials. You can appraise items for hidden traits up to and including rank 4 items.

Rank 5 - Tycoon: You have it made. You now have a nice shop on the floor of your choice, your own warehouse with the merchant’s guild, you have connections with players and you know where to buy any item for the best price. Your trade network is so extensive, you can you find any piece of gear a player may want (except for unique items) and you can find a sale for any item you can think of. You can now exchange an item a player sells to you for another item of the same quality and tier. You can also appraise items for hidden traits of any tier.

Daily Profit

Once per day (If you can’t appraise items yet, you can still do this once) a merchant can use one of his rolls that would otherwise go to appraisals to see if they come out with a profit for the day. You must have at least 1 mat in your store in order to attempt this.

CD: 1-6 No Sales: lose 1 mat, +1 XP

CD: 7-12: Success: Gain 1 mat, + 2 XP

CD: 13+ Success: You had a great sales day! You gain 2 mats, +2 XP

Store Items Each item sold gives you +1 XP

Note: Each rank your inventory changes. Use only the list and prices listed under your current rank.

Rank 1 - Basic Supplies for your cart

Cabbage - Heals the user for 5 Hp. Requires a post action. Stacks up to 5 times in your inventory.

Merchant Fee: 50 col

Customer Cost: X

Healing Poultice - Heals the user for 10 Hp. Requires a post action. Stacks up to 5 times in your inventory.

Merchant Fee: 100 col

Basic Teleport Crystal - Returns the caster to the primary safe zone location of that floor. Requires two post actions to complete teleportation. Example: You use the crystal on your first post, but do not teleport away until your next post. This version does not work in boss rooms. Does not stack

Merchant Fee: 400 col

Basic Armor - Generic good quality armor. Provides no enhancement bonuses but may be used to gain the benefit of armor skills. All types available. (Mitigates 1 Damage, but you always take at least 1 damage when you are hit, regardless of mitigation)

Basic Weapons - Generic good quality weapons. Provides no enhancement bonuses. All weapon types available. (Deals 1 damage)

Rank 2 - Supplies for your booth

Cabbage - Heals the user for 5 Hp. Requires a post action. Stacks up to 5 times in your inventory.

Merchant Fee: 50 col

Healing Poultice - Heals the user for 10 Hp. Requires a post action. Stacks up to 5 times in your inventory.

Basic Teleport Crystal - Returns the caster to the primary safe zone location of that floor. Requires two post actions to complete teleportation. Example: You use the crystal on your first post, but do not teleport away until your next post. This version does not work in boss rooms. Does not stack

Basic Armor - Generic good quality armor. Provides no enhancement bonuses but may be used to gain the benefit of armor skills. All types available. (Mitigates 1 Damage, but you always take at least 1 damage when you are hit, regardless of mitigation)

Basic Weapons - Generic good quality weapons. Provides no enhancement bonuses. All weapon types available. (Deals 1 damage)

Good Armor - Good quality armor, heavy or light. Provides 5 mitigation and may be used to gain the benefit of armor skills. All types available. (Mitigates 5 Damage, but you always take at least 1 damage when you are hit, regardless of mitigation)

Good Weapons - Good quality weapons. Provides +1 to BD bonuses. All weapon types available. (Deals 1 damage)

Custom Fishing Rod - Gives a +1 CD to the fisherman who uses it.

Merchant Fee: 2000 col

Custom Instrument - Gives a +1 CD to the performer who uses it.

Recording Crystal - Can be used by anyone to record sound, later voice or time activated.

Antidote Potion - Cures the target of one Condition. Requires a post action. Does not stack.

Rank 3 - stocking your store

*Note now that you have your own store, your overhead has gone up and you can no longer afford to sell items as cheap as you could with a cart or a booth.

Merchant Fee: 200 col

Healing Potion - Heals the user for 10 HP per round, for 2 rounds. Requires a post action to drink. Stacks up to 5 times in your inventory. Effect does not stack with itself, if drank in succession, it will just extend the duration of the effect.

Merchant Fee: 700 col

Teleport Crystal - Returns the caster to the primary safe zone location of that floor. Requires two post actions to complete teleportation. Example: You use the crystal on your first post, but do not teleport away until your next post.

Merchant Fee: 1500 col

Good Armor - Good quality armor, heavy or light. Provides 5 mitigation and may be used to gain the benefit of armor skills. All types available. (Mitigates 5 Damage, but you always take at least 1 damage when you are hit, regardless of mitigation)

Good Weapons - Good quality weapons. Provides +1 to BD bonuses. All weapon types available. (Deals 1 damage)

Merchant Fee: 3000 col

Recording Crystal - Can be used by anyone to record sound, later voice or time activated.

Merchant Fee: 500 col

Antidote Vial- Cures the target of one Condition. Requires a post action.

Merchant Fee: 600 col

Field Rations - Grants +10 MAX HP for duration of a thread or one roleplay day. Requires a post action. Cannot be used in combat or if threatened. [TEMP BUFF Cook] +Max HP

Merchant Fee: 800 col

Immolation Potion - Grants the user rank 2 thorns. (Opponent suffers 6 DMG on opponent BD: 6-8 if you were a target of their attack and are hit.) Duration: 1 Thread. Requires a post action. [TEMP BUFF Alchemy] +Thorns

Dimensional Backpack - Allows you to carry +2 items, instead of the default 5. (This item does not take up an equipment slot) May only ever have one Dimensional Backpack at any given time. A dimensional pouch does stack.

Merchant Fee: 10000 col

Rank 4 - Filling your warehouse

Quickdraw Healing Potion - This potion is extra potent, and so fits in a small vial that can be grabbed and drank in an instant. Heals the user for 10 Hp per round, for 2 rounds. Does not require a post action to drink, and cannot be used in the same turn as a crystal. Can only have one equipped. Does not stack with itself or other healing potions, if drank in succession, it will just extend the duration of the effect.

Large Healing Potion - Heals the user for 10 Hp per round, for 4 rounds. Requires a post action to drink. Stacks up to 5 times in your inventory. Effect does not stack with itself, if drank in succession, it will just extend the duration of the effect.

Teleport Crystal - Returns the caster to the primary safe zone location of that floor. Requires two post actions to complete teleportation. Example: You use the crystal on your first post, but do not teleport away until your next post.

Antidote Vial - Cures the target of one Condition. Requires a post action.

Field Rations - Grants +10 MAX HP for duration of a thread or one roleplay day. Requires a post action. Cannot be used in combat or if threatened. [TEMP BUFF Cook] +Max HP

Merchant Fee: 800 col

Immolation Potion - Grants the user rank 2 thorns. (Opponent suffers 6 DMG on opponent BD: 6-8 if you were a target of their attack and are hit.) Duration: one thread. Rquires a post action. [TEMP BUFF Alchemy] +Thorns

Dimensional Backpack - Allows you to carry +2 items, instead of the default 5. (This item does not take up an equipment slot) May only ever have one Dimensional Backpack at any given time. A dimensional pouch does stack.

Rank 5 - Your empire

Quickdraw Healing Potion - This potion is extra potent, and so fits in a small vial that can be grabbed and drank in an instant. Heals the user for 10 Hp per round, for 2 rounds. Does not require a post action to drink, and cannot be used in the same turn as a crystal. Can only have one equipped. Does not stack with itself or other healing potions, if drank in succession, it will just extend the duration of the effect.

Large Healing Potion - Heals the user for 10 Hp per round, for 4 rounds. Requires a post action to drink. Stacks up to 5 times. Effect does not stack with itself, if drank in succession, it will just extend the duration of the effect.

Teleport Crystal - Returns the caster to the primary safe zone location of that floor. Requires two post actions to complete teleportation. Example: You use the crystal on your first post, but do not teleport away until your next post. Does not stack

Antidote Vial - Cures the target of one Condition. Requires a post action.

Group Field Rations - Grants +10 MAX HP per tier for duration of a thread or one roleplay day for your entire party (up to 6 players). Requires a post action. Cannot be used in combat or if threatened. [TEMP BUFF Cook] +Max HP

Merchant Fee: 1500 col * Tier

High Protein Rations - Grants +20 MAX HP per tier for duration of one battle. Requires a post action. Cannot be used in combat or if threatened. [TEMP BUFF Cook] +Max HP

Merchant Fee: 3000 col * Tier

Energy Drink - Grants +5 Energy recovery per round for 4 rounds.This effect does not stack with itself, but extends the duration of the recovery by 4 rounds. [TEMP BUFF Cook]

Merchant Fee: 5000 col

Immolation Potion - Grants the user rank X thorns (where X is the Tier purchased). (Opponent suffers 3*Tier DMG on opponent BD: 6-8 if you were a target of their attack and are hit.) Duration: 1 Thread. Requires a post action. [TEMP BUFF Alchemy] +Thorns

Merchant Fee: 400 col * Tier

Dimensional Backpack - Allows you to carry 2 extra items, instead of the default 5. (This item does not take up an equipment slot) May only ever have one Dimensional Backpack at any given time. A dimensional pouch does stack.

Overshield Crystal - This powerful crystal doubles your mitigation for one attack only, and ends at the beginning of your next turn or after the first opponent hits you, whichever comes first. If the overshield mitigation would stop all damage, then you are effectively not hit, but the shield shatters. This does not use a post action, but only one crystal can be used per turn.

Nightshade Potion - This potion instills death like symptoms to the player. The mechanical effect is that the player’s hate immediately drops to 0 for all monsters. This potion takes a post to consume and has 3 sips worth. If the player takes 1 sip, they immediately fall unconscious and drop all hate and lose their next turn as well. Even if the player is alone, all monsters targeting him will immediately stop and leave, unless the monster is undead. If the player is in a group (or a raid) the creature attacking him will immediately move to the next highest on the Hate list. If the player takes 2 sips, he loses his next two turns. If the player drinks the whole potion in one turn, he remains unconscious till the end of the thread or 24 hours, whichever comes first. To all inspection, he has 0 HP. When the player wakes up, he immediately regains half of his hate. He CAN be healed while in this state, but it does not appear to work as the HP does not increase above 0 to anyone but the player who took the potion.

Merchant Fee: 5000 col

Appraisals (Crafting)

What does Appraisal Do?

im.php?12%2Fsao39.jpg

Merchants will essentially be able to inspect an item in similar fashion to the image above of when Lisbeth was looking over Elucidator's stats and when Dark Repulsor's stats were being looked up. What this does is grant the possibility of discovering and applying a hidden aspect (enhancement) of the item.

What Appraisaling in SAO RPG does is it takes an item with less than 3 slots (but not good items) and discover hidden possible slots within equipment. So if you have an uncommon item, you can make it a rare by discovering a slot on it. This can be done multiple times, but if it ends up Locked then it cannot be be appraised anymore and has “<Locked>” next to its equipment tier (such as “Rare <Locked>”). This cannot be done on Perfect or Demonic items and each appraisal must be evaluated by a staff member in evaluations like any other craft.

How Does Appraisal Work?

The following is a simple breakdown of how appraisal functions:

Note: This is all accomplished in a single roll

1. Inspect the Item: Make your roll, and record all of the dice results.

2. Success, Retry, or Locked: Compare your CD number to the list below

• CD Roll of 1-5: Locked - lose 1 material, the item is now <locked>

• CD Roll of 6-10: Retry - lose 1 material, try again

• CD Roll of 11-12: Success - lose 1 material, discover new enhancement

• If you roll a CD of 12 and a BD of 10, then you have discovered a unique enhancement! Congratulations, this is a 1 in 120 (less than 1% chance!)

• If you roll a CD of over 12 (due to bonuses), any bonus CD then adds to the BD when it comes to determining if you discovered a unique enhancement.

3. Reap The Rewards: If you were successful, use the LD number of your roll to find out what the bonus enchantment was. If you scored a retry, roll again! You can use your crafting bonus to bump the enhancement one direction or another. For example, if you rolled a 16 that would normally get you a Bleed enhancement, but if you have +1 CD, then you can bump it to Damage instead. You can go up or down in this manner.

*Note: Items cannot exceed their enhancement cap. If the weapon is already maxed for it’s tier, round to the nearest enchantment

Weapons

Spoiler

20-17: Damage

Effect: Adds +(1 * Tier Level) base damage

Note: Swap this with Unarmed damage if appraising a gauntlet/hand wrap, which are accounted in all regards as a weapon for unarmed use.

16-13: Bleed

Effect: Activated on a roll of 9-10 with one slot, or 8-10 with two slots. Deals (4 * Tier Level) of damage for 2 turns for the enemy/mob. This only applies to natural rolls (unmodified)

12-9: Paralyze

Effect: Removed enemy action for 1 turn afterwards on a roll of 9-10 if one slot is used, and 8-10 if two slots are used. This only applies to natural rolls (unmodified). Removes evasion properties from opponent while paralysed.

8-5: Accuracy

Effect: Adds +1 to the BD, but cannot cause a critical hit.

4-1: Keen

Effect: On a successful attack, gain an additional +1 to your BD for each enchantment slot. This bonus does not stack with itself. This bonus goes away after landing a successful attack. Every second tier step (tier 3, 5, 7 etc.) this will add a further +1 per slot.

Shields

Spoiler

17-20: Damage Mitigation

Effect: Removes (9 * Tier Level) points of damage from every hit to you for every slot used. No matter how much damage mitigation you have, however, you will always take at least 1 point of damage.

13-16: Paralyze

Effect: Removed enemy action for 1 turn afterwards when hit on a roll of 9-10 if one slot is used, and 8-10 if two slots are used. This only applies to natural rolls (unmodified). Removes evasion properties from opponent while paralysed.

9-12: Thorns

Effect: Deals  X* (9 * Tier Level) damage when Mob/Enemy hits a non-critical hit on you, where X is amount of slots used.

5-8: Regen

Effect: Heals you +(9 * Tier Level) per slot after every attack turn from your opponent on a CD roll of 6 or higher.

1-4: Recovery

Effect: In your own turn, if you roll a CD of 10 or higher you will recover 1 energy per slot used along with the 1 passive energy recovery every player has.

Heavy Armor

Spoiler

20-17: Damage Mitigation

Effect: Removes (9 * Tier Level) points of damage from every hit to you for every slot used. No matter how much damage mitigation you have, however, you will always take at least 1 point of damage.

16-13: Thorns

Effect: Deals  X* (9 * Tier Level) damage when Mob/Enemy hits a non-critical hit on you, where X is amount of slots used.

12-9: Heavy Momentum

Effect: When you miss, gain a +(1 * Tier Level) base dmg. This can stack up to the amount of slots used. The +dmg goes away after a successful hit.

8-5: Regen

Effect: Heals you +(9 * Tier Level) per slot after every attack turn from your opponent on a CD roll of 6 or higher.

4-1: Recovery

Effect: In your own turn, if you roll a CD of 10 or higher you will recover 1 energy per slot used along with the 1 passive energy recovery every player has.

Light Armor

Spoiler

20-18: Damage Mitigation

17-15: Thorns

14-10: Evasion

Effect: Adds a -1 to the MobD or the enemy's die for every slot taken. This ignores the damage mitigation rule of taking at least 1 point of damage.

9-7: Savvy

Effect: Adds +x BD when the enemy misses, where X is the number of slots used for this enchant. This bonus goes away after landing a successful attack and does not stack. Every second tier step (tier 3, 5, 7 etc.) this will add a further +1 per slot.

6-4: Light Momentum

Effect: When you miss, gain +X BD. Where +X is the amount of slots used for the enchant. This bonus goes away after landing a successful attack and does not stack. Every second tier step (tier 3, 5, 7 etc.) this will add a further +1 per slot.

3-1: Recovery

Effect: If you are attacked; recovers 1 energy per slot on a CD roll of 6 or more.

------------------------------------------------------

Unique Enhancements

(All require a BD of 10)

Weapons:

Spoiler

20-18: Burn

Effect: Activated on a roll of 9-10 with one slot, or 8-10 with two slots. Deals(4 * Tier Level) burn damage for 2 turns to the enemy/mob. This only applies to natural rolls (unmodified)

17-16: Envenom

Effect: Activated on a roll of 9-10 with one slot, or 8-10 with two slots. Deals (3 * Tier Level) poison damage for 4 turns to the enemy/mob. This only applies to natural rolls (unmodified)

15-13: Blight

Effect: Activated on a roll of 9-10 with one slot and deals (4 * Tier Level) damage for 2 turns for the enemy/mob, if two slots are used it deals (6 * Tier Level) damage for 2 turns. This only applies to natural rolls (unmodified).

12-11: Holy Damage

Effect: On a natural roll of 8-10, deal (2 * Tier Level) Holy damage per slot to the opponent. It adds to base damage thus can be increased with sword arts, but can be mitigated.

10-9: Fallen Damage

Effect: On a non-critical attack (6-8 after modifiers) it deals (2 * Tier Level) Fallen damage to the opponent. It adds to base damage thus can be increased with sword arts, but can be mitigated.

8-7: Phase

Effect: Bypasses half of an opponent's mitigation on a roll of 9-10 if one slot is used, and all of their mitigation if two slots are used. This only applies to natural rolls (unmodified).

6-4: Freeze

Effect: Removed enemy action for 1 turn afterwards on a roll of 9-10 if one slot is used, and 8-10 if two slots are used. This only applies to natural rolls (unmodified). Removes evasion properties from opponent while frozen.

3-1: Paralytic Venom

Effect: Removed enemy action for 1 turn afterwards after a hit on a roll of 8-10 if one slot is used, and 7-10 if two slots are used. This only applies to natural rolls (unmodified). Removes evasion properties from opponent while paralysed.

Shields:

Spoiler

20-18: Flame Thorns

Effect: Flame Thorns is similar to normal thorns but works slightly different. When a player rolls a 6-8, it will deal the normal (9 * Tier Level * no. of slots) damage for burn damage. However if an attacker hits with a 9 or 10 on the battle dice towards the player with this item, instead of normal thorns it will deal the initial (9 * Tier Level * no. of slots) damage, and then 3 turns of burn damage that deal (2 * Tier Level * no. of slots) damage each turn.

16-14: Paralytic Venom

Effect: Removed enemy action for 1 turn afterwards when hit on a roll of 8-10 if one slot is used, and 7-10 if two slots are used. This only applies to natural rolls (unmodified). Removes evasion properties from opponent while paralysed.

13-11: Never Freeze

Effect: Grants immunity to the Freeze effect.

10-8: Holy Blessing

Effect: When hit by an opponent, the user is healed (9 * Tier Level) HP in their own turn after for every slot used.

7-4: Paralytic Immunity

Effect: Immune to all Paralysis effects, though can still be affected by other immobilising effects (Stun, Freeze etc.)

1-3: Bloodclot

Effect: Immune to all Bleed effects, though can still be affected by other damage status effects (Burn, Poison etc.)

Armor:

Spoiler

20-16: Never Freeze

Effect: Grants immunity to the Freeze effect.

15-11: Holy Blessing

Effect: When hit by an opponent, the user is healed (9 * Tier Level) HP in their own turn after for every slot used.

10-6: Paralytic Immunity

Effect: Immune to all Paralysis effects, though can still be affected by other immobilising effects (Stun, Freeze etc.)

5-1: Bloodclot

Effect: Immune to all Bleed effects, though can still be affected by other damage status effects (Burn, Poison etc.)

Sell your Junk! (Rank 3 and above)

Gain +1 Profession XP per successful transaction.

This section is similar to the NPC Shop but in reverse. Here players can automatically sell uncommon or better items to gain col. Any time a customer does this through a player shop, the owner of the shop receives the 'Merchaint Gains' amount in col. Out of that col the merchant must decide how much will be passed along to the player who sold the item. Just like above, that number cannot be higher than the 'Merchant Gains' amount.

Note: The item sold at the Merchant's store DOES NOT go to the owner of the shop. The item is effectively destroyed. The merchant gains col (from Merchant Gains value) as compensation for the service. In RP terms, the merchant resells the items on the trade network and receives col for it.

Uncommon Items (for each tier, multiply the tier by the merchant gains below)

Merchant Gains: 400 col

Customer Gains: X

Rare Items

Merchant Gains: 800 col

Perfect Items

Merchant Gains: 1600 col

Sell your Junk! (Rank 4 and above) (each tier beyond the first nets an additional material)

(10) Good Items

Merchant Gains: 2 Materials

(5) Uncommon Items

(2) Rare Items

(1) Perfect Item

Merchant Gains: 4 Material

Exchange your Junk! (Rank 5)

As a merchant with boundless connections, you always know of someone willing to offload some item, and someone looking for another. One man’s junk is another man’s upgrade. For the cost of 2 materials for the attempt, you can make a roll to exchange any one item for another item of the same grade but of a different type, or with different enhancements.

For example, you could exchange a Rare One hand Straight Sword with +2 damage for a Rare shield with +2 Mitigation. Items exchanged this way must be approved via the player evaluations forum.

CD: 1-7 No Sale: lose 1 mat

CD: 8-12: Success: exchange the item, lose 2 mat

CD: 13+ Success: You also make a profit! Does not cost a material (keep the 2 mats as your profit)

Custom Shop

Merchants may sell anything they like here. Likewise they may place offers for items they desire. They get 1 XP for each item bought or sold this way.

Examples:

Buying: Perfect Accessory with [+2 ACC] [+1 EVA]

Offering 1000 col!

Selling:

Item: Wolpertinger Hat

Type: Accessory

Quality: Uncommon

Shop: Link to the Shop post where the Item was Created

Enhancements: [+1 ACC]

Description:Flops a lot.

Customer Price: 300 col

Don't Forget the Basics (Special Professions)

Locked: 1 EXP (Equipment becomes <Locked> and can no longer be appraised ever)

Retry: 4 EXP (No enhancement found but can attempt again)

Success: 8 EXP (Success)

Rank 1: 0 EXP - 1 attempts per day

Rank 2: 50 EXP - 4 attempts per day

Rank 3: 150 EXP - 6 attempts per day

Rank 4: 450 EXP - 8 attempts per day

Rank 5: 1500 EXP - 10 attempts per day

Edited by Baldur