[F5-PP] Raiders of the Lost Cargo! <<The Traveller>> (Shirien)

[ID# 59610][CD: 2]

Shirien raised a brow at the mention of quicksand and he happily decided to say "Maybe at first, but you could always throw the box and then remove your armor. I mean, it's not like you need to unbuckle it." He chuckled softly and swaps through his menus, quickly removing removing his dagger and re-equipping it before switching the box onto his right shoulder so his left arm would get some rest. "It'd still suck though, true, and I guess that weight makes downhill battles a bit tougher... hadn't thought of that before." He chuckled softly while basking in his light armoredness. A moment later, as if Kayaba himself was warning him to mind his hubris, a lightning bolt struck directly in front of Shirien, making him stumble backwards and fall onto his butt, barely able to keep the box from tumbling out of his grasp as his ears rung from the loud thunder crack.

Edited by Shirien

Watching Shirien un-equip and re-equip his dagger, Nikodemus nodded at the mention of being able to shed his gear. The thought of the blistering sand put a damper in that for him, but if needed, he would ditch his gear for a time to protect himself. Watching Shirien, he at first felt, then saw the bolt of lightning strike before the young man. Bringing himself up to a halt, Nikodemus let his eyes dart about to be sure no other bolts would come down. When he felt it safe, Nikodemus leaned down and tugged Shirien to his feet. "That was alittle to close for comfort. Thank Weyland we are close to the safezone... Shouldn't be another hour. Are you ok? Can you still walk?" Nikodemus scanned the player and checked his health in the party HUD, seeing it still green. thankfully the bolt missed, and the elemental effect hadn't hurt him.

ID# 59611 results: Craft: 7

Edited by Nikodemus_Blackwood

[ID# 59612][CD: 1] 34/44 HP!

Shirien gasped as he was pulled up, making sure he wasn't about to drop his crate and break it or something as he said "Yeah, I think so, just... Uh... Just spooked me a bit." He rubs his eyes with one hand, seeing stars from the brightness and the tingles going through his body. It was at this moment a sudden gust of wind shot forth and Shirien felt something strike him in the shoulder, a crimson pixelated scar across his shoulder and he felt course sand breaking through his armor to tear at his virtual skin "Aaaaaaaaand that's not a warning shot!" He says hurriedly while walking off as fast as he could, it seemed his luck was finally starting to run dry.

Edited by Shirien

Seeing the wound appear and watching Shirien's HP drop, Nikodemus' eyes widened. Charging forward, Nikodemus began to push his way through the sand as fast as he could. "Safezone is up ahead! Run as fast as you can!" Charging through the storm, Nikodemus felt the wind whip around him harder, the sand pelting his armor harder than ever. It seemed the storm would become near impossible to deal the longer they are out. Growling, Nikodemus charged forward as fast as he could and cursed bitterly. Taking another step, the world around him cleared up, and the storm was gone, bright sun shining down. Stopping in his tracks, Nikodemus turned and saw the storm howling behind him, stopped by an invisible barrier, and Shirien just on the other side of it.

ID# 59613 results: Craft: 8

Edited by Nikodemus_Blackwood

[ID# 59614][CD: 10]

Shirien saw Niko rushing and was not far behind him, rushing off as fast as his virtual legs were willing to carry him until he crossed the invisible line that separated the quest zone from the regular zones. Finally passing over out of the storm and instead into the sweltering heat Shirien takes a deeeeeeep breath and lets it out as a long sigh before saying "Yaaaay, we did iiiiiit~" It had been a while since he last slept so his mental strength wasn't at its highest as he grabs his water, pulls his hood back, and pours it onto his head and face. He sighed happily as he discarded the empty bottle which shattered on contact with the ground into nothingness. "Thaaat's a bit better." He says as he tugs his hood back over his face so he had shade. "Let's go and get these handed in before the time limit expires." He says, really hoping that they didn't end up failing the quest after that much travelling.

Edited by Shirien

Seeing Shirien pass through the barrier without further harm, Nikodemus was happy. nodding at his comment to finish the quest, Nikodemus turned and began to hike into the town of Armadillo. Entering town, he checked his marker and found the NPC. Walking through the winding streets and weaving through the people, Nikodemus made his way to the shaded alley where the NPC sat. Setting his cargo down, Nikodemus waited for Shirien to set his down, and then spoke. "Cargo's here Mamzel. In one piece. Cannot say the same for the caravan." With a soft sigh, the NPC reached out and stroked her fingers over the wooden crates, then nodded beneath the folds of her cloak and opened a menu. With a chime, Nikodemus was given the <<Quest Complete>> prompt. Running his finger down the screen, he found the <<Collect Rewards>> button and clicked it. With that, the quest was done, with half a day to spare.

Turning to Shirien, Nikodemus nodded and opened the shared quest screen, and divided the rewards properly for the both of them. Upon finishing, he closed his menu and shook the young mans hand. "Glad to be done with that. I am not one to press my luck like that... Anyways, if you ever need help with anything, don't be afraid to send me a message. I am glad to help out anytime, as long as it is not going to kill me." With that, Nikodemus said his goodybyes, and turning, departed the town of Armadillo.

Quest Complete:

Rewards:

Survival: (Extra Skill) No Ranks. Passive. Effect: Increases the health you regenerate per post to 6 when out of combat. Survival also gives immunity to damage dealing environment effects.

1 Skill Point for completing the quest + 1 for 21+ posts

200 Col per player.