[PP-F6] Into the jungle (Kalesh, Niko, Avilon, Hirru, Seul)-COMPLETE

Zandra walked out of her beach house at floor sixteen. She took a deep breath, feeling the salty smell from the ocean. A forceful gust blew into land, making her long böack hair flutter like a cloak behind her. She had talked with a couple of players to go out to find a dungeon. The girl she killed that monkey king with, one of the players she did the hoya quest, the latest blacksmith she visited and the man that helped her catch Zita, Zandras eagle familiar. Zandra was higher level then all of them, so she knew mush responsibility laid on her. She just hoped none would die. She prepared all her gear and head to the warp plaza. There she telepprted down ten floor to six and the settlement Amazon. Here she exited the portal and sat down on a bench a dozen meters away. There she sent a message to:

@Avilon, @Hirru, @Nikodemus_Blackwood and @Kaleshthat she was waiting at the gate in Amazon on floor six.

We are going with the 48h to post or beeing skipped. Posting order:

1. Zandra 2. Kalesh 3. Niko 4. Avilon 5. Hirru 6. Seul

Edited by Zandra
  • Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He had been putting himself through his paces ever since he escaped from the prison. He was sure that he had worked out most of the kinks in his combat which had formed during the imprisonment. It was his mind however he thought was having the most trouble getting back up to one hundred percent. The crimson haired player felt like his reaction times were down among other things only adding to his initial frustration. He had just been thinking about how he needed some real combat instead of practice to really get back into the game when he received a message from Zandra! He spent a moment remembering Zandra, trying to get the image in his head straight after so long. He put that aside for a moment though and decided that fate had given him what he wanted. After getting the request he approached the nearest teleporter he could find and headed straight up to floor six. Upon arrival he glanced around at the once familiar floor before locking his green eyes onto a woman with black hair who he recognized. The puzzle pieces were falling together. He lifts his claw-clad hand and waved as he approached. "Hey, uh, long time no see, right?" He says while lowering his hand and forcing a smile. It still felt a little strange to talk, but he'd get better he figured. "How's... Zita doing if you don't mind me asking?" He smiled, remembering the familiar so far with some clarity.

Nikodemus had been sitting in his shop in the town of Nimbus on floor 7. He had been in contact with a recent customer to go dungeon hunting. Listening to the soft murmured caws of the large jet black raven familiar, Typhus, Nikodemus smiled at the sound of his Message system chime. Opening his HUD, Nikodemus read the message from Zandra that she was on floor 6, one floor below him, waiting for him and the rest. Standing, Nikodemus prepared himself appropriately. Equipping his ornate black and rust colored armor, Nikodemus kept the helmet off temporarily. He slid his large shield over his shoulder and onto his back, attaching it there. He then connected his large axe to the length of chain that hung at his right hip, allowing it to dangle there and be ready for use when he needed it. Taking a small pouch from his belt, Nikodemus dropped a couple potions into it. With a smile, Nikodemus looked around and did a quick double check. Happy that he was prepared, Nikodemus gave a whistle, and Typhus leapt from it's perch and onto his shoulder, it's clawed talons clacking against his armor before finding a purchase in a slight seam.

Stepping from his shop, Nikodemus engaged the lock mechanism, and turned the <<Open>> sign to <<Closed>>, engaging the secondary lock to his shop. With that, Nikodemus made his way to the Teleport Gate and stood within it. "Teleport: Amazon!" Speaking loudly Nikodemus was enclosed in the blinding light and then was standing in a new scene. Instead of the grey walls of a cave, he was greeted with the sight of a large sun-filled town. Blinking his icy blue eyes, Nikodemus moved towards the large bench he saw Zandra sitting at. Before her stood another player, one he did not recognize or know through reputation and chatter among other players. Walking up to them, Nikodemus gave a slight bow and then spoke clearly. "Guten tag. Nice to see you again Mamzel Zandra. And to you, fellow. My name is Nikodemus, you can call me Niko if you wish, and this is Typhus." Pointing a claw-tipped armored finger to the large raven on his should, Nikodemus let a small smile cross his lips.

Avilon lied in an inn on the fourth floor yawning as she had practically passed out from an early adventure she had been apart of her eyes now fluttering as she heard the message notification ring off. Or perhaps not, she groaned and rolled back over her eyes closed and mouth closed shut a bit of saliva sliding down her chin as she rested like a babe. Her pink hair needing a fair amount of work before any public meetings although she never did pay attention to that as she continued to snore ever so faintly. A few minutes later an alarm went off the usual waking tone that she would snap to and begin her morning routine. She didn't budge her body and face wincing unpleasantly as the noise persisted rolling farther and farther away from the source till suddenly, THUMP! Face first the pink haired shield maiden began to cry, her fingers now gliding up and massaging her face as her eyes opened, her ears still pierced by the alarm system  deafening ring. 

Peeking over a pillow had also fallen off the bed, slowly wrapping it up and muffling the noise she sat up and looked around the bed before realizing what had happened, "I must have rolled out of bed again." She frowned her head gloomily sinking to the floor as the woman pulled herself up to her feet and glaring at the alarm. Two fingers swiped through the menu and shut down the system. The bunk bounced as she fell down upon it and her eyes blinked repeatedly attempting to register it was actually time to awaken. A small number one also opened on her menu as she looked at her notification? "Zandra?" Frankly she was a bit confused she hardly remembered the mission before realizing she was so sleepy and sore. "Monkey Thing!" She blinked wide eyed now realizing she must have been late and rushing as she quickly ran  out from the inn in a hurry and equipping her gear as she rand through the town square realizing. "I'm late I'm late, for a very impo-" A clatter of steel on brick as she hit a wall and fell back into the snow her shield now acting as a tomb stone in honor of her stupidity ... or maybe clumsiness? A weak puttering mewl escaping beneath the cross forged tower shield till she opened her eyes and slid it off and to the side. "Talk less, pay attention more, remember those words of wisdom from dad," She moaned now sitting back and slowly strolling over to the teleportation gate. In an instant she wandered out and off of the platform using her shield as a crook to stabilize herself. Her eyes closed as she was still trying to walk off the dazing effect of her early morning panic attack. In that moment a realization then struck as she stopped realizing she had completed the Monkey King quest with Zandra already. "Wait what did this message say?" Slipping through it she noticed that they were to adventure into a dungeon, her head slouching down as she now clamped her shield hand over her face. "I'm such a moron ... I could have slept, but I suppose I should level up more and this would help.

She sighed now glancing over and seeing familiar faces, "Niko-chan!"

A soft dream from afar.  The hunter was washed in the favored embrace of sleep, which he had not been able to get much of, lately.  The rest was unfortunately ended by a sudden jolt.  Awaking quite suddenly, the hunter found himself in his single wagon that made up the majority of the Traveling Flame, a co-owned merchants wagon that he shared with an NPC merchant.  With a yawn, the hunter figured that he would go back to sleep, when he got a message from an acquaintance.  

"Hmm.. Another hunt, I see."

It seemed that with the unlocking of the Reveal modification, he had been asked on multiple occasions to endeavor on dungeon hunts.  Although, it was his intended planning to do as such, however, he only wished to help the Knights of the Blood Oath, as they were the main priority.  Unfortunately, the events of a certain floor boss battle have changed that, and now the hunter had become a "hunter for the people", yet again.  Though, he wasn't really disheartened about it, as he was a sell sword before the guild, and would continue to help others, if need be.

Some time would pass before he arrived at the destination given in the message.  It seemed that he wasn't the only one to be asked to come.  Three others were in the crowd with the one that he remembered to be Zandra.  It was interesting too, that another familiar face was there.  A burning red haired fellow, by the name of Kalesh.  The other two were not as familiar to the hunter, and that didn't seem to bode well.  The jade haired hunter would grin before heading over in his forest cloak.  Giving a single wave of his dominant hand, the hunter looked to Zandra.

"Hello.  It's good to see you again.  I assume that you will require my Reveal, for this venture."

He was so tired.

For whatever reason, sleep evaded him at every step of the way and so here he was; stumbling through the streets of Amazon while trying not to collapse on the spot. It'd not like he could explain why he remained awake for so long, but he just didn't feel tired at the time. The effects of it were starting to hit him now, but even so he decided to keep moving.  He'd simply walk until he couldn't anymore and then fall asleep after that. Or at least that was the plan anyway. At some point he could feel his face collide with something made of metal. A suit of armor. Probably. Upon further inspection it turned out to be none other than Nikodemus whom he had met on one of the lower floors. Seul would have said hi, but at that moment he didn't really care about much and that included formalities. "You're a terrible pillow..." As he spoke the knight glanced around the group that had assembled and decided they must be doing something worthwhile to have so many in one place. OR maybe they weren't. For all he knew they could have been going to get breakfast. Either way, he opted to stay with them and took up a slouched position next to the armored player as he listened.

Edited by Seul

One by one, the players arrived at the meeting point. First was Kalesh, that helped her catch Zita."A long time indeed." She answered and gave him a smile back. She havent seen him on she didnt knew how long. And know they was gonna head out to find a dungeon together with a bunch of other players. Speak of other players. Not long time later, the blacksmith arrived. She hadnt realised it before but he started talking german, was he from there?"Hello Niko, ish bin happy to see you." After Niko, the pink-haired-hugging-funny dancing-girl arrived. Seemed like she already knew the smithy. Zandra greeted her withba smile and a nod. After her, the hunter arrived."Hello there Hirru." He asked if they wanted his reveal skill."Yeah, that would be more then useful, since its to find a dungeon we are here. We all count on you." Just when they was gonna go, another player appeared and joined their group."Heya, wanna tag along?"

Zandra took the lead out of the time, after it was she that had gathered them all together. They walked thru the thick jungel. Zandra was always searching the surrondings with her eyes to spot any dangers. Hirru would take care of the dungeon-searching, but Zandra would keep him and the rest safe until he finds it.

Kalesh chuckled at Zandra's response, smiling weakly at the truth as he shrugged his shoulders. He glances to the other players, not recognizing most of them he said "Hey, I'm Kalesh for those who don't know." He said while giving a nervous wave to them all with his clawed hand He hadn't experienced a sub-dungeon before so he was curious to see how things went and what it was like. The worst case scenario in his mind was that he could teleport out. With the present company however he was sure they would be just fine however. "I'm no good at anything else yet, so I'll be a damage dealer." He reminded himself he still needed a second rank in martial arts so that he could unlock his weapon's full potential, As it stood them being grandmastered wasn't doing him as many favors as it could! "Oh, uh, I can't AOE much, so that's your fair warning." He says with a soft chuckle. That was his weapon's greatest weakness currently.

Standing with the group, Nikodemus smiled and nodded to Zandra. "Good to be here. Thanks for inviting me." Turning to the others, he knew most of them. Nodding to Seul and Avilon he then turned to Hirru and Kalesh. "Nice to meet you for the first time. As I said, I am Nikodemus. Call me what you wish. The only warning I have is that I am quite insane. I am harmless though. I will never turn a blade on a fellow ally. This I swear. I have it under control, mostly. I am an axe wielder, so I have some ok AoE." With that, Nikodemus smiled and waited for the group to be ready to leave.

Avilon stopped her embrace of the companion who had helped her so many times in the past now, she then glanced away from Nikodemus and toward Kalesh, then Seul asshe was wondering who they were. "Also hello there, everyone else," she smiled and saluted them rather childishly now before looking over to Zandra and asking. "I don't know everyone's name all that well I think we should all wear name tags or something." She whispered in a rather medium tone as if attempting to be inconspicuous but all around loud. She rocked back on her heels before realizing it was entirely impolite to misspeak this meeting as she now bowed and greeted the crowd. "I'm Avilon and it is a pleasure to meet the rest of you whom I don't know nearly as well as Niky and Zander-chan."

The hunter was quite surprised by a certain guild member that seemed to stumble onto the group.  Seul seemed to be too tired and incoherent to understand everything that was happening.  The hunter simple went over to dagger / shield user, and picked him out of the crowd.

"Oi, Seul!  You look out of it.  Perk up, you're coming with us!"

He would say as he waved his hand over Seul's face to get any recognition of consciousness.  It was around then that they started heading out and making introduction.  The jade haired hunter turned to those that he did not know while gently guiding the tired Seul through the undergrowth.

"I'm Hirru and this is Seul.  Zandra, Seul, and I will be your main hunting unit for this area.  If you're not a high level, just stay behind Seul.  He's a good tank."

The hunter would say as he patted the back of the lumbering Seul before guiding him around a tree.  The hunter thought for a second before a single leaf from within a pouch and placed a soft rock-like substance in it.  He then rolled it up, and put it to his lips before starting to chew on it.

-1 Heartrock Salad [+2 LD]

( @Seul )

Edited by Hirru

Kalesh blinked as he looked at the others, tilting his head as a chunk of the group seemed to be distracted or something "... Did everyone get enough sleep?" He asks curiously before shrugging his shoulders. This was the type of world where one could be paranoid about sleep, but still, you have to stay sane somehow. "Well, it's nice to meet you all in any case, ready whenever you guys are." With that said he weaved his fingers together and pushed, cracking his knuckles a bit before  glancing around "Not gonna lie, first sub-dungeon, if I gotta do something tell me now." His eyes scanned across the group questioningly.

((Whoops, forgot posting order, I apologize, my mistake.))

Edited by Kalesh

Seul didnt realy seemed like he was awake and focused. He didnt reacted at all to anything the others did or said. So Zandra looked at him with a raised eyebrow."Come on Seul. Wake up already 'kay? You wont be of much help if you gonna half-sleep."she said to him before looking at Hirru."Well, seems maybe he wont be that good tank today ey." She said, thou with a friendly to tone in her voice and turned to the rest of the group."Okay. As a leader for this group. I order you to if something is to strong for you, and its not a shame to realise something is, step back and let the others do the job. I dont want to see any of you beeing pixelated today." She looked from player to player."Good to hear you have strong AOE Niko, it will definitly be helpful. I guess everyone here have stronger AoE's the me atleast." She was still sometimes annoyed about her crazy weak area of effect attack. She realy had to get ranks in her martial arts skill to unlock that medium good aoe at least."So hirru, do you see anything?" She asked their hunter since his skill would make it possible for him to spot something by now.

@Nikodemus_Blackwood, you up :)

Edited by Zandra

Listening to the others, Nikodemus opened his inventory and took 2 potions from it. Consuming both of them, he then dropped the vials, allowing them to burst into pixels. He kept with the group and was ready for anything. Looking to Zandra, he nodded when she mentioned his AoE. "It's decent. Sadly, until i get a bit more experience, it will only be ok. I need to maximize my damage somehow." Looking tot he others, he figured that Seul would be the best hitter in the group and the best tank. With the consumed items, his Mit would be high and his damage would be ok. lastly, he equipped his best axe he had.

consumed: 1 Damage greater potion, 1 Greater Mit potion.

Unequipped: Plague Knight's Battle Axe: One handed Axe. +1 dmg, +1 BD, Bleed: 8 DMG on BD of 9-10 for 2 turns

Equipped: Divine Axe Rhitta. +3 Damage.

Stats:

Spoiler

Nikodemus: Lvl: 22 | 88/88 HP | Energy: 22/22 | MIT: 65 (7+13+9+18+18)  | Thorns: 14 (7+7) | DMG 9 (1+3+3+2)

"It's a pleasure to meet you as well mister," Avilon nodded smiling over the small group her own thoughts now focused upon the sub dungeon once more as she had never been useful enough to actually make a difference in one before. At this point she realized that her low level was quite inferior to most including Nikodemus whom had shown that he was a higher level and even more strategic at this point. Her hands now slipping down and behind her back as she hummed softly to herself now looking around the room as she never had been in a few successful dungeon raids and some that didn't end quite to well. "I will try and assist in the battle although I really don't know what I should be doing as I'm not all that strong at fighting this."

Searching for a sub-dungeon wasn't as easy as walking down a path and happening upon one.  No, it took more than that to unlock their entrance ways.  These methods were as numerous as there were sword arts, as anything and anyone can be a trigger for one.  Usually, it's just a switch or something along those lines, but there are some that require a certain amount of a certain enemy to be slain.  Those were not too bad, but they were spawned in numbers, so journeys in numbers were needed, as well.  There were also times when one needed a specific skill or weapon, though the hunter has never encountered one of those, and took them as hearsay.

Unfortunately, it would seem that this one was going to be something of a "hide & seek" deal, as he could not see anything out of the ordinary.

"I'm not seeing anything, yet.  Be careful, as the trigger may have to deal with multiple enemies at once."

[ID: 60761]
[LD: 1+3+2+2= 8]  Nothing...

( @Seul )

Edited by Hirru

He was extremely close to just bashing himself with a rock at this point. Somehow Seul now found himself outside of town being lead by Hirru and the others to wherever it was they were going. Each party member took a turn to talk about his or her individual strength (or lack thereof) but Seul remained quiet and grumpy throughout the exchange. Did he have to explain what he could do? Probably.  It wouldn't have hurt at least. But he figured it was obvious. The shield on his arm, the dagger at his side... He was support type! ...No, wait. He was something else. Like if a tank and a DPS player had a baby. He recalled hearing Macradon call the build a "Bruiser" once. The name wasn't really as cool as he had hoped it'd be. He'd have much rather preferred something like collapsing star roaring cannon Deathbringer.

"What are we even doing...?"

Edited by Seul

So, it seemed there wasnt any dungeon in this area. Or at least, there wasnt any dungeons in this area that have spawned. Well well. Then better continue forward. Maybe the luck gonna be with the, further ahead. Zandra looked at the small rainding party with a smile. It was a realy odd mixture of peoples. Like a fruitsallad haveing a big mixture of different fruits and vegetables.''So guys, and girl.'' she started.''Im glad all of you wanted to accompany me on this one. Who knows, one maybe we gonna relive this with this group but on a much higher floor.'' she looked at Avilon.''Dont worry Avi, just attack the monster with your attacks. I'll make sure they dont attack you. And maybe Seul as well.''

@Kalesh

Edited by Zandra

The crimson haired player smiled while looking from party member to party member. He fairly happy to be here in all honesty, it having been quite some time since he got to fight something he would truly consider a challenge, and he was hoping that this dungeon would prove somewhat challenging at least. He figured difficulty would change somewhat depending on the dungeon itself but he felt decently secure all things considered. He looked to Zandra who was addressing everybody and eagerly replied "It's no trouble, if anything thanks for letting me come along!" His eyes soon turned to Avilon with a nod of agreement to Zandra's words. "I'd say just do what you can, every bit will help! And with a shield like that..." He gestures his clawed finger towards the lady's shield "I bet you can take a punch better than me any day." His attention quickly turned to Seul though who he quickly explained the situation to with a hint of humor in his voice "You have been drafted into a sub-dungeon run, where you will assist in the clearing of said dungeon in exchange for experience and profit!" Kalesh himself figured it was a pretty win-win situation honestly. With the power in numbers alone they were pretty much promised success!... not that Kalesh didn't have a teleport crystal in his pocket as insurance.

((@Nikodemus_Blackwood Your tuuuuuurn!))

Prepared for the venture, Nikodemus turned and looked at the group. He knew most of them and was glad to be with them. "I am ready for this!" Tapping his shield lightly with his axe, he put his mind into a state ready for battle. Looking to Zandra and Kalesh he nodded. "When you guys are ready to head out, I am ready." Looking to Avilon, he nudged her with a shoulder. "We're gonna do great on this. No worries eh? Just attack what you see, and defend against what you cant. I am sure we'll make out like bandits!" Giving her a smile, he then focused on the group at hand.