[PP-NK-F2] <<Breaking the Unbreakable>> (Hydra, Rose)

Tucking a few strands of loose hair behind an ear, dark brown locks tied into a long braid that lays upon her right shoulder, Jazmyne's tanned figure resides near an isolated path on Floor 2. She's leaning against one of numerous "Request Boards", hands gripping her thin arms, crossed over the soft, black material of her hooded cloak. A shadow covers the shame laced within every crevice of her current facial expression, a twisted scowl of obvious displeasure. Jazmyne hated to ask for things, but it seemed everyone else had been offering to show "newbies" around and assist with quests, so she applied for a helper of the name "Hydra" and now awaited his arrival. It was early, early morning, the sun barely in the sky, atmosphere damp and chilly, light hardly close to dim. Having been restless lately, the need to be powerful urging Jazmyne to get out and grow as a player, she woke up earlier than usual and journeyed to the current Floor in order to take on a well-known quest among low-levels. It seemed simple enough.

Seeing a shadow around, knowing that not any other player would approach her other than the designated Helper, Jazmyne muttered underneath her breath, "It's about time you arrived." Though when the brunette turned around, she'd be surprised to see a female. "Oh. You're not who I need." She rolled her chocolate eyes, though made no move to push the other female player away.

Spoiler

OOC:

I made it so Rose first approaches Jazmyne, and then Hydra meets them both (so Hydra posts after Rose, and then we maintain a post order) and then they head up the mountain to begin the quest. Hydra has signed up to help low-levels on quests and Jazmyne accepted his offer. If any of this bothers either of you, let me know and I'll change things up :) Let's kick some rock butt!

Rose blinked in surprise. Today she had been searching the quest boards for something to do when she had noticed another female by her. Thinking that it would be good to have another persons input, the blonde player headed over. She was startled when the woman turned to face her, mumbling something that was meant for someone else, before realizing that Rose was indeed, not that person. 

"Sorry if you thought that I was the person that you were looking for." Rose replied, a sheepish smile gracing her lips. Her blue eyes were a looking a little to the left, a habit she picked up when she was little. Rose wasn't very god at looking others in the eye for very long. "I came over to ask for a quest recommendation. I don't do very many you see." Rose explained, adjusting the collar around her neck rather shelf consciously. 

The rugged path crunched beneath Hydra's feet as he made his way towards the request board. A while ago, before he became a Player Killer the brunette had offered to help on a lower leveled quest, his nature was still sweet and as long as the alternate didn't emerge they would be safe. In any case he would feel guilty suddenly abandoning a mission. The player was equipped in his black armor, a modeled serpent coiled around the body and his face was masked by a hood, the early morning mist masked his approach but it eventually dispersed.

The spear man gulped nervously, he had not been this close to a settlement for days, or green players on that matter. Up ahead he caught sight of two figures near the request board, one was dressed in a black hooded cloak, the other a blonde. He made sure his approach was not threatening, after all he did not know how they would react. Finally reaching the players he pulled down his hood revealing a set of lively blue eyes and let his wavy brown hair disperse, which had grown to a considerable length. Glancing towards each player he gave them both a nervous smile and finally mumbled "I am here to offer someone my assistance on a quest." Before bowing slightly.

"Do the easy ones." Jazmyne shrugged, continuing to stare off into the distance and away from the stranger that remained close by. Parting her pink lips to speak, closing them at a loss of words and then repeating the awkward action over again, Jazmyne nearly spoke but had been interrupted by an approaching male. Turning her attention away from the other female, Jazmyne turned her body to face the incoming stranger before planting both hands on her hips. "Took a while. Hydra, right? It's Jazmyne. I'm ready to hike up that mountain, so let's get goin' already." Beginning to walk, the brunette first paused and turned her head to meet the averting eyes of the female she'd first encountered. "You can come and see how a quest is done, plus how a powerful player does one." She referred to herself, holding a smirk before bumping past the two, shoulders hitting each player and stranger, though Jazmyne could care less about the rude gesture. And Jazmyne, she really didn't care if the girl figured out how to work the game or quests or anything about the other at all, she just wanted to show off and also knew that with this quest the more the merrier. Well, not so much merrier but instead more helpful, because Jazmyne was certain she didn't want pestering company.

Turning her head, pace slowing down, Jazmyne gestured for the two players to walk by her side, or to at least catch up. In the distance a path that had been carved into a mountain and seemed to lead up into the high Heavens, the same path being Jazmyne's way to her destination. "Come on." She piped up. "It's a long walk."

Rose thought about the offer and suggestion while the other female discussed with Hydra. In all honesty, she wasn't sue if going with them would be a good idea. Hydra was a Player Killer, the gem above his head proved this fact, which made Rose nervous. She didn't want to die. She was only 14! She wanted to see her mom and dad again along with survive this death trap of a game. He doesn't seem harmful though. Though, that could be an act. Despite her worring, Rose had a calm and composed expression to the other two. 

While Rose was having this mental debate with herself, she only noticed that Jazmyne had started ahead when said woman had called for her and Hydra. Glancing at the male, Rose took a deep breath and headed after Jazmyne. It would be a good idea to watch someone do a quest before doing one herself. As she walked, Rose kept that same face, not wantig to be seen as scared by these two obviously more skilled players. 

Jazmyne had taken Hydra completely by surprise as she barged past him causing him to stumble backwards a little. The spearman had been expecting the need to explain himself but it seemed she couldn't care less. The brunette let out a giddy sigh and scratched his cheek as he watched her walk off into the distance giving them orders to catch up, the other girl stayed behind. She didn't speak to him, only gave him a slight glance before going to catch up with the leader. Hydra was insightful so knew his presence might be causing some discomfort to this one but she did not show it clearly. Picking himself up he began to trudge after the pair his mind already developing a headache, the spearman just let out another sigh this one more a groan and continued on to catch up with the pair.

Beginning the long journey it'd be to reach the summit of the mountain, Jazmyne took long strides to shorten such valuable time, slightly ahead of the rest though not by far. Leaving the safe-zone didn't bother Jazmyne in the least, even with an Orange Player among the small group. In fact she'd been fairly interested ever since the color had reached her searching eyes. Everyone knew what that meant, but that didn't mean everyone was afraid. "Well, I'm Jazmyne and that's Hydra." She jerked her thumb back to point it in the direction of the only male player currently around. "Who're you? I'm glad you took my advice, though. Proves you're not completely stupid." With a toss of the hair Jazmyne faced forward once more, pretending to seem as if she didn't care if anyone replied, holding her head high with pride, though she would most definitely enjoy a story or two. Even a simple name or compliment. 

"While we're waiting... I'm sure you're interested about Hydra's "becoming an Orange Player" story, right? I sure am." Jazmyne would bring up with a smirk once the strange female spoke of her name, chuckling a bit, thoughts consisting of a million different scenarios that could go down while her mind filled with possible ideas considering what exactly Hydra had done to earn such a cursor.

Rose wasn't really sure how to reply to that. For one, the insult itself stung her, but she didn't let it change her facial expression. Another thing was, she couldn't but sightly feeling regretful about joining this party. She'd rather not be insulted or possibly killed by two people she just met, but she couldn't turn back now. If she did, this Jazmyne woman will probably just insult her more. Keeping her composed facial expression, Rose replied. "My name's Rose, nice to meet you." 

Truth be told, Rose didn't want to hear about the story of someone killing another player in the game, especially with the circumstances themselves. However, she didn't speak out against it. Maybe if she knew what triggered him before, then the chances of her survival would be higher. She knew that probably sounded bad, but Rose didn't care. She was going to make it home. She was going to see her mother and father again.

There was a brief silence as the small group continued their journey, only the sound of the wind rustling the grass could be heard. The brunette was unsure what to say at first but eventually he managed to give an answer, his voice was filled with grief and guilt. "The short story is an NPC had threatened the safety of a nearby village and his own brother, I had an ally with me at the time who went berserk decapitating the NPC there and then. I had helped by stabbing the victim in the leg to stop him from escaping... Since then I have killed four other player killers like me." Hydra didn't know how to ensure the other's safety but for now he seemed to be in a stable condition and would probably remain that way for a while.

The spearman began to wonder where they were actually going. He had signed up to help but was unsure what for and it seemed the other girl 'Rose' had decided to mysteriously tag along. Jazmyne herself seemed to be someone who would make a strong leader, the brunette wondered if he would manage to keep up at the pace they were going. Carefully he opened up his inventory and withdrew some water before offering it around to the other players, he wore an innocent smile despite the orange cursor. Hopefully they wouldn't be to bothered by his story.

"Yeah, it actually is. Surprisingly. I like you, Rose, you seem nice." Jazmyne nodded towards the blonde, pausing to allow the others to catch up, splitting up the pair to walk in between them instead of leading the way. The path was paved neatly anyways so it would be rather obvious while judging where to go next. "Try not to change that and I wouldn't mind being your friend." She added, not wanting to seem soft or easy to manipulate. For all Jazmyne knew, levels aside, she was the one in charge here and certainly held the most power. Which happened to be the case more often than not, and the way she'd enjoy keeping every social situation since the beginning of the game. "Four? Wow that's a lot, you must've gotten a blood lust or somethin'." Jazmyne drew out a long whistle, eye widened and thin eyebrows raised. She really was surprised since Hydra seemed the kind and innocent type. "Guess I was wrong about you." The brunette noted, flipping her hair in Hydra's face before snatching the water bottle from his hand. After a quick swig she passed the drink over to Rose with a genuine grin curling her pink lips upwards. 

Split between two paths leading up the mountain Jazmyne became confused, halting to a stop while holding out her arms so the other two would be forced to cease their walking as well. "That's strange..." She muttered underneath her breath, not wanting the others to catch on to the fact that she had no idea where to go next. "Uh... Left. Yeah, left for Breaking The Unbreakable. Which I'm pretty sure I'm right unless-" Jazmyne turned her head, staring in Hydra's direction. "you want to prove that you actually know what you're doing by choosing the path that leads to the mountain summit oh-mighty-one~"

• 3 weeks later...

"Huh...." Hydra let out a breath of air and looked down the two mountain paths, the truth was he was still quite clueless on what was going on. "Er... this one?" The brunette timidly pointed his finger towards the left most path unsure on what else to do as he awaited a response. Feeling his familiar rummage about in his pocket his attention quickly diverted away from the small group, "You hungry?" The spearman whispered seemingly to the wind. A few moments later two heads popped out and hissed at him. "Alright...alright." Hydra quickly whipped an item out of his inventory and stuffed it into his pocket before turning his attention back towards Jazmyne, although he was the higher level there was certainly a strict presence about her, the brunette believed it would be best not to get on her bad side if he could help it.

Jazmyne nodded, a grin of approval flashed in Hydra's direction. For his own good he should comply with her demands and listen to whatever she said. Really she only signed up on the Help Boards for some back up in case the quest went wrong or proved to be especially difficult. It only made sense and was much, much easier than asking a friend who probably didn't want to do anything with Jazmyne considering her friends list consisted of those whom she barely knew. Her eyes settled on the two heads seemingly attached to Hydra from her current point of view. The brunette raised a brow before asking, "What the Hell is that?" 

After an answer it would appear that their path choice had been correct. A tiny hut swayed in the strong winds of the mountain's summit. Jazmyne knew they were nearing it due to the rising wind speed, lowering temperatures, and fog mist building up around her ankles.

Jazmyne seemed to notice the strange creature in Hydra's pocket, her response was a little abrupt but in most cases people had a similar reaction. "Come on out." The spearman gestured his hand with a few swift movements, moments later a large winged two headed snake came slithering out of his pocket. "This is Twilight, she is... well to be honest I have no clue what she is so let's just say a snake." he said with a light chuckleThe young man's familiar slowly coiled around him finding a resting spot around his neck. She was the closest thing he had to family in this game. 

For the rest of the journey the brunette remained silent, pondering and fretting over where this path would lead them. Thankfully after some time the mountains summit came into view, a refreshing chill clung to Hydra with each step. It wouldn't be long now until the group would get to the main part of the quest. Looking over his shoulder the brunette scanned the vast landscape beneath them before losing sight of it with in the fog. It looked like they were going to be here some time, how long was anyone's guess.