[PP-F1] A Nice, Quiet Stroll (Helios and Jazmyne) - COMPLETE

Cygnus casually walked around the Town of Beginnings. He had been running himself ragged lately trying to make friends and allies, so he decided that today would be his day off. Cygnus rarely took days off, being so used to working himself into the ground since childhood. It honestly didn't bother him so much until he moved away and met Miki. That was when he discovered that there are more important things than results. It was a lesson he had to keep reminding himself of, especially here. He wanted to find a group quickly and grind away until he was at a high enough level to really contribute to the fight and he was serious about not stopping until he was out of this death game and back with his daughter, Himiko. But he managed to convince himself that it was more important than ever that he find time to relax and take care of himself. If he worked himself into the ground, he'd be too tired to play the game, and if he was too tired to play the game, he might never see Himiko again. Cygnus sighed, trying to push the thought out of his mind. Honestly, the only thing keeping him alive was the prospect of seeing his daughter again. Without her, he might have already fallen on his blade or thrown himself at a group of monsters. As long as his hope of seeing Himiko was alive, so was he. So these thoughts of never seeing her again would just get in the way of his progress. Cygnus's stroll ended up taking him to some kind of open square with some benches. He sat down. "Relax... relax... relax..." He mumbled this over and over to himself. His eyes were closed and his muscles relaxed. The sun warmed his face and made him so comfortable, he actually considered taking a nap right there on the bench.

Edited by Cygnus

Helios awoke to the voice of another player. "Relax... relax... relax..." the voice muttered. For a moment, the dark-haired male had no idea where he was. It took him a minute, but when he stood up, yawned, and examined his surroundings, he remembered everything. He had come down to the first floor so he could take a break from grinding and eat at the Starlight Cafe. He had been eating there often since his blonde-haired friend, Oikawa, had told him about the place. Actually, sometimes it felt like he was in the cafe more than he was outside of the safezones. Usually, it was the other way around.

As he stood up, Helios noticed realized that there was a man sitting on the bench next to him. "Oh. Uh, hello." the boy chuckled awkwardly.

Cygnus opened up one eye as a boy next to him gave him a greeting. "Oh, hello there. Sorry if I woke you. I actually thought of taking a nap myself." He chuckled. "I've been running around a lot for awhile. Looking for some friends. Figured i'd be safer if I had a few others on my side." He opened both of his eyes. "Oh! Sorry. My name is Cygnus. It's nice to meet you." He offered the boy his hand for a friendly handshake. He didn't really plan on talking to anyone today, but he wasn't going to snub the possibility of getting another friend. That was one of his major goals after all; more friends, more allies. Strength in numbers and all that. Cygnus figured his day off could be put on hold a bit while he talked to this guy. It wasn't even a strenuous task anyway. 

Jazmyne didn't necessarily have friends in Sword Art Online per se, but meeting people and forcing them into social situations with her wasn't a difficult task whatsoever. It took an approach and a few words usually. This time would be no different, or so she thought, moving towards a pair of male players sitting on a bench nearby with a smug grin plastered onto her face. One of them had held his hand out in which Jazmyne responded to herself by grabbing it before the other had the chance to. "Nice to meet you too." Without warning she shoved herself between the both of them on the bench, wiggling until her thin figure made contact with the wooden surface. "Taking naps out in the open makes you look like a hobo plus it's real easy to shove you off. I did that to someone once actually. Plus there was this one time when I poured water on two people from behind... That was a nice day." She began speaking without a care, moving both arms to rest atop the bench, head back and legs crossed comfortably. "Oh yeah," Jazmyne piped up, as if not remembering her name had been the worst thing that'd happened so far. "my name's Jazmyne."

Cygnus looked over at Jazmyne as she shook his hand, a look of deep confusion on his face. "Actually, I was talking to--" Before he could even protest, the girl squeezed herself between him and Helios, informing him that sleeping on a bench makes him look like a hoboJeez, is she going to do me next? Before she could insult him too, he spoke up. "So... Jazmyne. It's... a pleasure to meet you." He said, actually doing an introduction. He didn't offer her a handshake though, seeing as how she already stole one from him just seconds earlier. "So, what, uh, brings you here on this fine day?" He asked, clearly uncomfortable that she was pressed against him so tightly. He didn't even have room to move his arms.

"I'm Heli-" The noirette had been around people for what, around nineteen years? In all that time he still hadn't managed to learn the correct way to deal with people who interrupted you mid sentence. "I'm Helios. Nice to meet you both." The boy finished. Instead of causing a scene, he decided to just include the woman into their conversation. He tried to process what the girl, Jazmyne, had said earlier, but that proved to be more challenging than he had anticipated. Something about pushing people off of benches and pouring water on players head's? One conclusion did come to the young male's mind, however.

This girl is insane. Perhaps one day I'll learn how to confront people like this properly.

Edited by Helios

"Yeah, I know, it always is~" Jazmyne boasted, continuing to squirm around in her seat until the two other players were forced to the edges of the bench. "Fine day? Not really if you asked me," She scrunched her nose up in disgust whilst gazing up towards the sky. "just the same as yesterday." Her comment had been lace with boredom hinting at her inner desire for a change. After all Floor 1 had been Jazmyne's home since Day 1 and it never ceased to be plain compared to the rest. Maybe that's why she tried to socialize with so many people. For a taste of something new. "What's your name? Something that starts with an S maybe... I didn't really hear. You should speak up a little more. And quit with the small talk I like to keep things..." Flicking her chocolate eyes over to settle on Cygnus, Jazmyne smirked. "interesting. If you catch my drift. Anything in mind? Did I maybe interrupt a date?" She invited herself to spend time with complete strangers. The Jazmyne way.

A date. Everyone seems to think it's a date. First Oikawa, now this girl. He sighed. Calmly, the boy replied. "No, the two of us aren't on a date. We've only just met." A grin formed on his face. "Alright, Jazmyne, you want to talk about something interesting? What things do you find interesting? The girl seemed to talk a lot. Maybe it was possible she was interested in something... well, reasonably normal.

What am I thinking? That's not possible. It never ends up that way. Give her a minute, she'll be talking about the time she tripped a McDonald's employee after they gave her one too many fries or ice cubes in her drink. Helios leaned back in his chair, awaiting an answer.

Cygnus thought about letting out a groan, but figured that wouldn't be the polite thing to do. Especially to a lady. He was always taught to treat girls nicely and with respect. That was what a gentleman did, he was taught. He cursed how nice and polite he was before shifting ever so slightly in his seat, hoping to not disturb Jazmyne's comfort, but also trying to make himself comfortable. He ignored her little jab at him about his soft-spoken manner and her questioning whether or not he and Helios were on a date and instead responded to her after Helios spoke. He flicked his hazel eyes to Helios, then to Jazmyne, looking at the former with an apologetic expression, signaling that he was sorry he was dragged into this. "Yes, I find myself curious about that. What exactly is your idea of 'interesting?'" 

"Right, right. I promise I wouldn't care if it was though." She gave a skeptical look before shrugging in response to the same question held between both players on either of her sides. "Definitely not you guys, but I mean I could be wrong about that since we haven't really done anything y'know." Thinking a bit she leaned her head back, eyes focused on the sky while her mind wondered. Upon returning to Earth after a few short seconds Jazmyne returned her gaze to her two seat buddies. "Pranking is always fun. Maybe a little stealing. Fighting. Causing panic. Scaring people. Combat. P-" The brunette trailed off, not sure how the others would respond to the idea of killing but instead went with, "ranking. Pranking. Did I say that? Of course I don't expect you two to have the same idea of fun. Now answer your own question and let me know what you like to do in such a boring game."

Spoiler

OOC:

I won't have access to a computer on the weekend so if I reply a little later than usual I apologize! :3

Edited by Jazmyne

Cygnus was more than a little unnerved by her reply. It wasn't right or natural to do harm to other people like that. His polite, happy facade faded and a frown formed on his face. "Don't you feel the least bit guilty doing those sorts of things to people? They're just trying to go on about their lives. Same as you." Cygnus decided to answer her question, though. A reflex as a result of being taught to always answer when someone asks him a question. His parents were a little more than strict with him. There was no room for rebellion. "I do agree with you on one point, though. I enjoy the thrill of combat. Beyond that, I like stargazing and tree climbing." He shifted uncomfortably in his seat. He didn't like having his personal space violated like this.

[No worries! Enjoy your weekend.]

Edited by Cygnus

Helios agreed with Cygnus completely. He couldn't think of many players he'd met who enjoyed harming people in the way that Jazmyne did. "Combat is definitely one of the more entertaining things in this game, despite it being so dangerous. Believe it or not, Cygnus, my hobbies are quite similar to your own. I used to run a shop down here as well, but I ended up closing down a while ago. I guess this probably sounds fairly boring to you though, doesn't it?" he asked, turning his emerald eyes in the woman's direction.

Although she did seem interesting in some way or another, the girl definitely wasn't the friendliest player. Not one Helios could see himself getting along with well. "Well, since sitting here won't intrigue you, Jazymne, is there anything you two feel like doing?" he questioned the players as he stood up from the rather cramped seat on the bench.

"Should I?" She questioned, though more so in a way that proved she could care less of her actions rather than in a "I'm seriously asking" mannerism. The only thing Jazmyne cared about was Jazmyne so anything else had her turning her head the other way. "The shop thing? Yeah jobs are definitely boring... But everything else is exactly what I do in my free time. They're more personal to me though so I didn't say anything. Geez Helios way to be friendly." Before the boy sat up she would punch his shoulder. Albeit being playful it was still a bit rough though she happened to be oblivious to this fact, sporting a wide smile before springing up from the bench. "I'm going wherever you guys go for the rest of the day. Isn't that great?"

Cygnus was already uncomfortable, but Jazmyne butting in on his day made that even worse. He wasn't even sure he and Helios were going to do anything in particular. "Uh... maybe we can hunt mobs together? Get some loot. We all seem to enjoy a good fight." It was funny. That had become his way of breaking the ice with people. Battle seemed to help get his mind off of things, and the feeling of accomplishment that followed was the best in the world. It was even better when enjoyed with others, though. It wouldn't hurt to add two friends to his list either. Even though Jazmyne made him more than a little uncomfortable.

Helios nodded. "Alright. Cool with me." the raven-haired male said. He hadn't done combat on the first floor in quite some time. The player hoped it wouldn't be too simple for the three of them to defeat their opponents. Part of him was still afraid of what Jazmyne's answer might be. He looked at the group's levels. They seemed to be a lot weaker level-wise. However, that didn't mean they weren't strong. A low leveled player was simply someone who needed a little time to get strong. Levels and skill were too very different things. "So," the boy started, "Shall we get going?"

With a shrug Jazmyne, after ensuring that her weapon was equipped and ready for action, responded with a, "Yeah sure." She wasn't a professional in combat or anything but it was an entertaining past-time in such a boring game for many, including herself. Plus it really worked with stress-relieving and proved who happened to be best at what they did. Hardly waiting for either of the two to begin walking she set a brisk pace in the direction of the gates that lead to the fields of Floor 1. She'd been out in them, and in the town itself, so many times and for so long that the map of Floor 1 had become more familiar than the back of her own two hands. Jazmyne hadn't even gotten outside enough during an entire lifetime of living in the same city in Japan enough to memorize the neighborhood let alone city thus her memory was an extraordinary feat. "So what weapons do you specialize in? I'm a whip user." She touched her weapon that currently sat in its hilt, a bit ahead of the rest of the group but wanting to create conversation once again out of boredom mixed with curiosity.

Cygnus got up from his seat, happy to not be squished anymore, and followed after Jazmyne. It had been awhile since he enjoyed combat on the 1st Floor. It should be a nice, simple workout. As they made their way to the fields outside the Town of Beginnings, Jazmyne decided to strike up a conversation and ask the what weapons they specialized in. Cygnus pat the pommel of Gavel, his two-hander. "The two-handed straight sword is my weapon of choice. It hasn't let me down yet." He said as he pat the pommel one more time before speeding up to catch up to Jazmyne. Once they left the town through the gate, he would draw his sword. "Okay, let's find us some mobs to kill. Anyone see any mobs that look lucrative?" He wanted to get some loot with this one. "Oh, and before I forget." He held Gavel with one hand and swiped down with one of his fingers, opening up his menu. He quickly sent two party invites to his new acquaintances.  "It's easier to keep an eye on each others' health this way."

"I personally prefer a one-handed curved sword, although I was originally going for the Katana skill. I got lazy though, so I didn't bother." Helios chuckled. The group left the town, arriving at the large, grassy plain that sat outside of it. "You two have less health than I do. I'll let you two decide what we fight. If it's stronger than an average boar, maybe we can get a loot drop from it."

The noirette moved his hand over the "Accept" button and pressed it with his virtual fingers. He placed his curved sword's blade over his shoulder and scanned the area for monsters that weren't boars. Unfortunately, he couldn't spot any. Maybe they'll have better luck than me.

(OOC: Do you guys want to finish this thread and then start a new one? More SP that way.)

[Sure! Sounds like a plan.]

Cygnus looked over at Helios when he said that they could pick what they fight since they both had less health. He looked at Helios and Jazmyne's health bar and saw that this was indeed true. He could handle most anything on the first floor, he knew that. But he wasn't too sure about Jazmyne. He kept that to himself though, since he didn't know if Jazmyne was the type to get offended. He looked around at the field, trying to find any mobs that weren't boars as well. He realized then that he had only ever fought boars on this floor. He looked around to no avail. He frowned and looked at his party. "Seems like we'll have to do some looking if we want to find worthy opponents."

"Yeah, looks like it." Helios replied, staring out towards the boar-covered fields. He stepped out into the grassy area and began to walk. "These boars shouldn't aggro us if we don't walk too close to them. And even if they do, they won't be much of a challenge." The raven-haired swordsman continued onward until the group arrived at a large forest area. He examined it thoroughly. The last time he entered a forest on the first floor, there tended to be more wolves than boars. However, there was no difference in their skill, for the most part. Occasionally, there could be a stronger one, but it was less likely.