[PP-F1] A Tricky Melody <<Earning a Living>> - Complete

A carefree smirk played on the lips of a blonde female as she strode through town with a casual air about her. Hands resting in the pockets of her black hooded coat, Kooh's long legs carried her everywhere and nowhere. She'd spent a lot of time just walking, smiling and observing daily life in Aincrad. She felt that she'd quickly adapting to the whole "living in a virtual reality" thing, but at the end of the day video games were not her territory. Over the course of her time so far she'd managed to poke and prod for information, using whatever tools were at her disposal to get explanations and tips out of other players. She was lucky this wasn't some deathmatch arena where players were forced against each other, or else she'd really have her work cut out for her.

The shopping districts were always incredibly busy, bustling with players and NPCs alike. With a catty smile still resting on her features, an item on display with one of the cart vendors caught her eye. Staring at it with curiosity, Kooh didn't wait long before giving a sideways glance to spot another player she could talk to. "Hey, excuse me," She started, tapping lightly on the shoulder of a blonde boy. "Sorry, I totally don't know much about these," The girl spoke sweetly, pointing to the NPC vendor's display of recording crystals of all varieties. "Do you think you can explain it to me?" She asked with an innocent smile, waiting eagerly for his response.

Edited by Kooh

Emblem looked behind him surprised as a girl asked about the recording crystals in the display case next to him. Well i'm not a performer but you use them to record a special kind of music. When the crystal records it you can use it in battle almost like a healing crystal it will give you and other players special buffs if i'm right. Sorry I don't know too much about the performer profession. But if you need help with any thing else just ask! Emblem grinned hoping he'd find something to do today. Are you thinking of becoming a performer?

Having been standing nearby in the market place, his bone flute in hand and a tune carrying across the wind, Kain was at home playing for random strangers. He looked about as he played, noticing people wandering about. After finishing his tune, he slid the flute into a small pouch at his side and leaned against a large building. With a yawn, he decided he would head back to a small tavern for lunch, then head off to set up his shop. As he was wandering away, he noticed a young girl speaking to a blonde man, asking about recording crystals. Stopping short, he turned and walked to the duo. Clearing his throat, he introduced himself. "Hello. Kain Hargraves. At your service. I heard you asking about recording crystals. Glad to meet a fellow performer."

Kooh kept a smile on her face the whole time Emblem spoke, mentally examining the boy as he gave her what information he had on those things he labeled 'recording crystals'. She'd heard of crystals before--once, vaguely, but she had at least a rough idea of how they worked. Her garnet eyes contrasting his light blue, the girl tore her gaze away from him to look back at the vendor's wares. She could tell right away the blonde boy was more kind and helpful than most, causing her smile to widen as she considered his question. "O-oh, I don't know anything about that!" She gave him a sheepish smile. The girl was about to open her mouth to prod him for more information when she heard the sound of someone clearing their throat coming from the other side of her.

At first Kooh took to a casual glance over her shoulder, but quickly spun the rest of her body around as she looked up at a tall, somewhat intimidating man that was introducing himself to them. Quick to renew the charming smile across her lips, Kooh brought her leg back and extended her hands to the side as she bowed towards Kain in response. The girl positioned herself between the two players so as to not have her back to anyone and then brought up a hand with a small waving motion in front of her. "Sorry, I can't say that I am!" Her tone seemed apologetic, but she continued with a playful cheerfulness. "These just looked really interesting, I was asking this person how they worked." She pointed towards the crystals as she mentioned them before motioning to Emblem.

Emblem watched as another man walked up to them. It seemed that he was a performer. He could make out the shape of what seemed to be a flute in a leather pouch at his side. He decided that he would introduce himself to the man that had introduced himself. Well hello Kain i'm Emblem! Emblem smiled at the man then turned back to the woman who had asked him about the crystals. I don't think that I caught your name? Emblem smiled. I actually think that you would be an excellent performer! Emblem didn't know many performers and knew it wasn't exactly the most popular profession he himself was a blacksmith but had always wanted to become a performer instead. 

"Ah!" Kooh beamed with a gracious smile at Emblem's compliment. "It's Kooh." She answered in response to his asking for her name. She turned her attention back to the recording crystals on display, staring at them with a face of interest. A curled hand came up her her chin, partially covering her mouth as she spoke a bit quieter. "Performer..." She echoed, her expression looking like she was thinking on the subject. "Is it fun? How do you do it?" She asked the questions to no one in particular, still staring ahead at the items. She seemingly stopped herself from asking another question, just uttering a simple "I wonder..." under her breath.

Huh Kooh. That's a cool name. Emblem listened to the girl talking to her self. She seemed to be deciding if she should become a performer or not. He thought about it for a second wondering if he should offer his help to the girl or not. He decided he would after all he didn't exactly have anything going on that day. Well Kooh if you want I can help you out with becoming a performer if you decide that's what you want to be. Emblem opened his HUD and check what time it was. They still had quite a bit of time until dark where it would be harder for them to see things. So, what do you say?

"Hmm? Oh!" The girl looked back over to Emblem with a surprised expression that quickly shifted to a gracious grin. "Really? I mean, if you don't mind, that would be great!" She spoke excitedly. Kooh gave a glance back to the sparkling crystals before nodding and turning her attention back to Emblem again. "Sure, why not?" She said casually, as if making the decision on the fly. "Do you know what I have to do?" She asked the blonde boy eagerly. "Is there some kind of form I fill out?" The girl added in a somewhat joking manner. Though, for all she knew, that was exactly what you did to become a Performer.

Emblem smiled at the girl. Well first were going to have to gather some materials so you cans tart to make your items. We can find that just outside the safe-zone. But of course were going to be in danger out there so while we look for materials. My familiar can keep watch. At that moment his dragon flew down from the sky and onto his head. So why don't we get going? Emblem opened his inventory and equipped his sword then began walking towards the safe-zone gate tat separated the town from the fields.

"Oh!" Kooh nodded towards the boy with an eager smile. As he said the word 'familiar' she watched as a small dragon joined them, her eyes widening slightly. "Whaa! Cute!" The girl exclaimed simply, fawning over the creature. It rested adorably atop Emblem's head, and she admired it until the boy started leading the way towards the gate. She quickly followed after him, slipping her hands in her pockets as she trotted along. Her eyes her still fixed upon the blue dragon, watching it in careful amazement.

Her eyes left the creature for only a moment, flickering down to the sword in Emblem's hand as she followed behind him. It looked like a standard sword, similar to the one that man Cygnus carried around. If memory served, the sword he had was considerably bulkier than Emblem's, or at least she thought it was. Her eyes traveled back up to the dragon as she idly wondered if that was at all significant.

Emblem laughed as the girl adored over his dragon. This was the usual reaction to girls especially when they spotted his dragon but little did they know how much of a brat the little dragon was usual tugging on his hair in the middle of conversations. He stopped walking. Crap! I always forget this! Emblem opened his inventory and equipped his new armor Hell's Rose. Sorry about that. His armor formed around his clothing. Okay now we can go. Emblem continued walking towards the gate. Say Kooh. What weapon type do you sue? I didn't see and visible weapons on you.

"Hm?" The girl stopped behind Emblem as he opened up his inventory in a hurry. A piece of armor materialized onto him, and Kooh smiled in understanding when she realized what he was doing. When his pace resumed she started behind him as well. "Oh, my weapon?" She had honestly forgotten the proper name for them, but she wasn't particularly trying to impress. She brought her hands up in front of her as she spoke, curling her fingertips as if to imitate cat claws. "I have those claw-looking things." She answered simply, letting her arms fall back to her sides before slipping her hands back into her pockets. "I don't like wearing them when I don't have to, though. I can't put them away like a sword so it gets really inconvenient." She explained with a light pout.

Emblem looked back at Kooh as she described her claw things. He laughed when she imitated a cats claws. I've heard about those. they always looked really interesting to me. Your the first person I've met to use them. Emblem thought about  his friend Cygnus for a second remembering that he'd mentioned a person named Kooh. Say Kooh. Do you happen to know anyone named Cygnus? Emblem approached the gate then turned around at Kooh and gave her a smile. He reached up then pulled his sword out of it's sheath then rested it on his shoulder. 

"Cygnus? Yeah, I know him." Kooh answered casually. She connected the dots, figuring that Emblem knew Cygnus himself, but was curious how her name came into the mix. Was the swordsman telling other people about her? She couldn't imagine he had much to say, given their couple of encounters. She frowned in thought as she followed behind Emblem, approaching the city gates and mulling over some possibilities.

As the blonde boy turned back around to face her, Kooh wore a casual smile again to match his own. With his sword drawn, she stepped outside of the gates to the start of the grassy fields, pulling her shoulders up slightly. She took in a deep breath. "So! How do we get materials?"

Emblem looked around trying to find any materials to show her an example. out of the corner of his eye he spotted a glimer in the ground. He knelt to the ground and picked up the piece of crystal. The same kind that performers used to make the crystals. Keep your eye out for stuff like this. He held up the crystal for her to see then handed it too her. You can use this to make a crystal once you become a performer. You can find these almost everywhere you just have to keep your eye out for them. Emblem looked around some more for crystals to give the girl.

Spoiler

LD: 19

ID: 63041

+ 1 Mat

-1 Mat (Given to Kooh)

"Hmm? Oh!" Kooh blinked in surprise as Emblem grabbed something off the ground and handed it to her. Putting out her hands to accept the item, she looked it over with interest. "A crystal, huh?" She echoed in a mutter, inspecting the sparkling object. With a thoughtful frown, the blonde girl looked around them both, her eyes scanning the ground for an identical item.

She only gave it a couple of seconds, and as nothing caught her eye she went back to looking at the crystal in her hands. "They're on different floors, too?" She opted for asking the boy more questions, gently prodding for more information. She thought about asking what she was supposed to do with it, but she supposed that was something she'd learn once she acquired the profession itself.

Gathering Attempt:

Spoiler
  • ID#: 63044
    • BD: 2
    • CD: 11
    • LD: 1 - Fail
    • MD: 5
  • Total loot:
    • Kooh: 1 Crafting Materal

Edited by Kooh

Emblem went back to looking as did Kooh He didn't spot anything so he started to move to another place. Hey maybe that was the only one over here lets check somewhere else. Emblem knelt down and tried to find anything useful for performers. "They're on different floors too?" Yeah. There on every single floor of Aincrad. There's basically an infinite amount of them so you shouldn't have to worry about running out.  Emblem got up then looked over at Kooh. Any luck? Emblem went back to scanning the ground.

Spoiler

lD:63072

LD:6

No MAT found

"Hm." The blonde frowned as no materials made themselves visible to her. The girl kicked around at the ground, listening idly as Emblem explained that materials could be found all over. Obviously, luck wasn't on her side to find them today.

"Blah." She mumbled in defeat after several minutes of failed searching. Feeling bored, she decided to default to more questions. "So when we're done with this, do I go back to town to do performer things?" She asked vaguely.

((Sorry for the short post, feeling uninspired T__T))

Gathering Attempt:

Hide contents
  • ID#: 63193
    • BD: 2
    • CD: 4
    • LD: 5 - Fail
    • MD: 5
  • Total loot:
    • Kooh: 1 Crafting Materal
Edited by Kooh

(OOC: No Problem)

Emblem sat down on the ground looking around. Hmm. Yeah once we get enough we should be able to go back to the town and too the performer stuff and choose your instrument. Emblem looked to the left of him to see another piece of crystal gleaming in the sunlight. Here you go Kooh. He picked up the crystal then walked up to the girl and handed it to her. There you go. We should almost be done. Just a few more. He walked a little bit to the left where he had found the crystal in hopes of finding more t give to Kooh. 

Spoiler

LD: 14+1 =15

ID:63216

+ 1 MAT

-1 MAT (given to Kooh)

Edited by Emblem

Kooh frowned. She was awful at this, apparently. Emblem caught her eye from scanning the ground as he approached and handed her another sparkling crystal. "Oh, thanks." She stared at the item in her hand again for a moment before accepting it. The things looked pretty, but the whole process of 'being a performer' was still over her head. It was probably going to stay that way until she talked to the NPCs back in town and sat through whatever long-winded tutorials they had in store.

The girl gave an impatient glance back towards the town gate before turning back to the blonde boy. "Hey, thanks for showing me about this stuff. It was really helpful." She spoke with a grin. "I don't mean to run off, but I wanna get started and it's probably a ton for me to learn about." She left it up to Emblem whether he'd join her in returning to town or not.

Gathering Attempt:

Hide contents
  • ID#: 63262
    • BD: 3
    • CD: 6
    • LD: 9 - Fail
    • MD: 7
  • Total loot:
    • Kooh: 2 Crafting Materals
Edited by Kooh