[PP-KE-F12] Ultramarine Crimson Training Part 1

Teayre’s reply was swift as Calrex addressed her first point, “Who said I was asking anyone Calrex? Who said I wasn’t meaning it for myself, besides…” The girl paused for a short while as a smile, “I personally couldn’t care what colour crystal I have anymore, to me the crystal’s floating above our heads.” She laughs as she meets her husband’s eyes “The crystals show that this is our new life. At least for now. Although you do have a point… Most floor battle plans ARE held within settlements, then however I’ve never got any real benefit from them. The few ones I have attended more or less said the same thing.” Teayre pauses for a moment as she composes herself, her voice exceedingly sarcastic, “Kill adds. Kill Boss. Don’t Die.”

Dropping the accent, she grins at Calrex not an impish grin as she normally does but it is instead a grin of a devil. “Huh? You think I did it because they annoyed me? You think that’s the reason, if that was I’d have killed a great deal more Mr Hevrex.” Shaking her head at the man in front of her, Teayre throws her back against a tree before sliding down it almost in hysterical fits of laughter. “No. No Calrex. I did because I wanted to, I’ve finally had enough of fighting who I am.” The girl pauses for a moment licking her lips. “I’ve finally accepted the demon inside of me. A God? The power of the god? No I don’t bring life, you are right.”

Teayre’s fingers drummed on the hilt of the muramasa, flicking it over pointing the weapon at Calrex’s throat before grinning and sheathing it. “The power to kill people, I guess I just enjoy toying with people my beloved. As I always have. One thing I can say for certain my feelings for you still reign true.” Pausing a moment her hand reaching up, pointing towards her husband but out of reach she cupped his cheek in the air. Rubbing with where his jaw bone would be if they were making contact with her finger. “My dear, dear husband. I love you, because of that I’ll let you in on a secret. Ssendom and Zelrius. They didn’t have the guts to continue through with something, they didn’t even try to acknowledge anyone’s strength outside of their little guild. Look where it got them.” Again the red haired maiden paused, “Dead. They were arrogant, they thought they were the strongest. I know I am strong. The strongest though?” Teayre couldn’t contain herself this time and laughter ensued. “Not by a long short, let me think…” the girl began reeling names off as she counted on her fingers. “There’s you, Takao, Ariel, Oikawa, Mack, Macradon, Lawfer, Opal, Zandra, Xion, Lowenthal, Seul and Baldur. Each player mentioned and then some are stronger than me.”

She paused for a while, leaving silence hanging between the couple. The sound of the swamp water lapping at its shores, a deluge of rain starting to downpour. “Callie-kun,” Teayre began before shaking her head, “Help is relative. Although… I’ve decided, I want to show you something. I want you to understand the real me.” Her hand tightened around the Muramasa, “I’ll pass my unique skill along, to a katana user of course. Along with the blade.” Relaxing her grip on the blade she smiled, “Perhaps I’ll do it tournament style… We’ll see.”

Chuckling the red head addressed Calrex’s next point, “You’re right it is much more fun, however who’s to say it truly is lethal. Who knows it could just be a hoax, and the Nerve Gear just doesn’t release you from being ‘asleep’.” Gripping her knee, her ear began to twitch as voices reached her ear. “I’ll be honest, there’s no point speculating. Whilst this isn’t the reality, you forget just what it is. A VRMMORPG, or a virtual reality massive multiplayer online roleplay game. So this is -our- reality for now.” She took another breath chuckling some more at her husband, “Life is a game so no one has ever won? Because games aren’t meant to be won. They people who are successful the people who push on through life and enjoy themselves. They’re the ‘winners’ if you like.” Her hands forming quotation marks.

“Arbitrary or not. At the end of the day. Numbers is what strength is Calrex. I’m not arguing that with you!” Teayre’s voice raised for a moment as she shouted at her husband. Taking a few breaths she calms down, closing her eyes and turning her head away. The next words that reached her ears sent a shudder down her spine.

“Cut their sibiling up and server their remains to them to break their spirit?”

Teayre laughed, “I’m sorry, Callie. You don’t seem to realise, the purpose of my father’s strength was to be in complete control of his life. Mine?” She paused yet again twirling a piece of hair around her finger, “I’ve not quite decided yet. So far I use what little strength I have to enjoy myself.” Her eyes came open as she met Calrex’s gaze as he asked her the question. “Because I’ve accepted who I am. I’ve accepted that I am a demon inside… You say I wish to be happy with you? What you don’t understand is that I am happy with you my sweet”

Teayre falls silent as she watches Calrex deal with another Zambie that had encroached upon their meeting. “What shall I do?” She muses quietly to herself as her husband slowly walks back. As he showed her his stats Teayre smirks, “Traits and Skills that give you an advantage? Yet you DO take the advantage they give you. Strength is in the mind it’s never physical. Cunning is a true strength.”

Slowly the red head stood back up holding the Muramasa, covered by its saya in her left hand she looked up through the branches of the mangroves around them. “I guess it’s time… There never was much of it left.” Turning her head Teayre’s eyes wash over her husband as he drones on. Letting out a sigh. “You can be stubborn and foolish. It’s one of the very reasons why I love you dearly.”

Walking towards her husband the red headed girl presses her forehead to his. “Calnus Hevrex, you are my love and my life. I don’t want to be happy alone… I need you with me. I trust you. You really do mean everything to me. That is why, the Oikawa Kanashiki will always be the weapon that breaks any barriers between us.” Taking the bluenette’s hand Teayre leads him through the swamp. “Remember my husband you mean every-“

Her sentence was cut short as a player clad in heavy armour stepped out in front of them. A girl had  appeared behind the duo. Raising an eyebrow Teayre looked around. The one in front had a shield and a lance his armour completely black. The girl however was twirling a dagger in her hands. Both of the players had green crystals. Rolling her eyes Teayre pushed her thumb onto the tsuba of her weapon showing the blade slightly. The one in the heavy armour spoke.

“Calrex. Leave Teayre and walk away we have no business with you.”

Letting out a heavy sigh Teayre shook her head leaning in to her husband, standing on her tiptoes she kisses his neck and then whispers into his ear. “Help me, please.” Stepping back from her husband the red head moves towards the man at the front.

Gritting her teeth Teayre sighs making the first move. Without hesitating the red head steps towards the man who had spoken before vanishing appearing next to the girl holding the dagger. Her blade was being drawn in a smooth motion as her sword art Iai took hold. The charge skill moving the red head quickly into the fray. Her sword art ripping through the green player’s body. The girl’s mouth dropping wide as she gazes at Teayre her mouth uttering her final words. “Thruk… It’s just a game.”

“Calia!” The man in the blackened steel armour shouted as Teayre cut her down. “Damnit. Rargh!” He charged towards Teayre, past Calrex the girl side stepped his attack catching her breath for a moment. Before continually parrying the rabid man’s assault. “CALREX!” Teayre screams, “HELP ME, I’m Out of Energy!”

Thruk Stats:

Spoiler

HP: 165 / DMG: 7 / MIT: 79 / Thorns: (14 DMG) / +2 Acc / Regen: +36 HP CD6+ / Para: 1 Slot

Equipment:
Blackened Chestguard : +2 Damage Mitigation (+36 MIT), + 1 Thorns (14 DMG)
Blackened Shield : + 1 paralyze (Paralyzed on a 9-10 roll of BD) +2 Regen (+36 HP on CD 6+ After being hit by opponent)
Dark Heart Lance: +2 Accuracy, + 1 Damage (+2)

Skills:

One-Handed Assault Spear – Rank 3
Parry
Heavy Armour – Rank 4 - +20 MIT
Battle Healing – Rank 3
Howl
Block – Rank 3 - + 23 MIT
Fighting Spirit
Charge – Rank 1

Mods:
Athletics (+1 DMG, +5 HP)

Calia Stats:

Spoiler

HP: 140 / DMG: 12 (13 With Rank 5 SAs) / ACC: + 2 / MIT: 30 / + 1 Eva / +2 LM

Equipment:
Blackened Dagger: +3 (+6)
Blackened Amulet: +2 ACC, + 1 EVA
Blackened Leather Armour: +1 MIT (+18), +2 Light Momentum (On a miss adds +2 to next BD roll)

Skills:
Dagger – Rank 5
Light Armour – Rank 3
Charge – Rank 4

Mods:
Dagger Finesse – Rank 5 - +1 to Rank 5 SAs with Dagger

ID: 64641 BD: 7 (4 + 4 ACC – 1 EVA) CD: 11 (Battle Healing Activated) LD: 17 (15 + 2 LD) MD: 1
Teayre: 189/189 7 Health Regen from Battle Healing
EN: 11/46 Iai Used (15 + 4 *10) = 190 DMG

ID: 64611 BD: 1 (Nat) CD: 1 LD: 20 MD: 9
Thruk: 165/165
EN: 38/40 Missed (2 Used)

ID: 64612 BD: 10 (8 + 2 BD) CD: 12 LD: 6 MD: 3
Calia: -30/140 190 – 30 MIT = 160 DMG -DEAD-
EN: 35/35 (Stunned)

Calrex: 273/273
EN: 52/63

Edited by Teayre

As his wife continued to speak Calrex gave a small sigh, "Sometimes I wonder if I'm really getting through at all, or maybe I was the one not seeing things clearly."

"Wishing for my strength?"

"Gh..."

"Only me...huh? So then...is everyone else just a obstacle or a toy? I'm guessing Oikawa, one of our closest comrades, and Ariel...who's like a sister to you. They're just pawns then?"

"Took it this damn long to get into my head...what the hell?"

A guttural roar of a sentence left his words, as if he was fighting back with all his strength, while at the same time calling forth, "GET OUT OF YOUR ****ING HEAD FOR A SECOND!"

Feeling his body cringe from the roar he took a few breaths to collect his thoughts, feeling that Achille's influence had left him once more. It was certain, the voice was getting stronger, and it took more and more resolve each time to fight it back. The cruel confidence that made him feel invincible, that nothing could bring him down, "Excuse...the outburst..."

"Don't forget for a second, no matter how much you despised your father, or how much he despised you back, you were a part of his life. Complete control also meant complete control over you. And like a said, I'm not going to let you go down the same path. Demon inside, tch don't make me laugh. The only thing inside any of us is a bunch of guts and fluids, or in this case pixels. Some may think they are or have a demon inside, but that's just the state they choose to associate themselves with. The moment you associate yourself with a feeling is when the delusion begins..."

Looking as he saw two people appears from the bushes he watched as once again another fell to the redhead's blade. He glanced over at the man that spoke, then at the crystals which were floating away before vanishing into wisps. "So it's happening again?..."

He recalled the moment when he had taken the <<Iron Guardian>> quest, when the information broker had lashed out at him. Twice now he had reacted, rather than striking first, felling the person's life twice. He had yet to cross the threshold and become an orange crystal. Many times and many opportunities were presented, ones that tempted him to take the easy choice.

"Tch, do things really have to be this complicated...I guess the right path really never is the easy one..."

Spoiler

ID: 64614
Battle Dice: 2 (Accuracy +3 / Disguise +1) = 6 (Thorns Triggered)
Sword Art <<Meteor Break>> Activated / <<Charge>> Activated / <<Disguise>> Activated (9 Energy Used / 1 Recovered / 46 Remaining)

"Sorry, but I can't do that."

Blasting forward in a streak of blue the Ultramarine Knight slammed into the armored attacker. As he did he felt the familiar sensation of the Thorns enhancement, the spikes piercing into him through his armor as he gritted his teeth. Triggering <<Howling Octave>> the Grand Blade II shined with the burning orange glow of the attack, the origin light darting left and right as he rapidly cut through Thruk, riddling him with red streaks before swiftly piercing through, sending him into a nearby tree, "Stay there for a second."

Teayre: 189/189
EN: 11/46 

Calrex: 259/273
EN: 46/63 (-9+1)

Thruk: 108/165 (13+4 * 8 - 79 = 57 DMG / Stunned Until Next Turn)
EN: 38/40

Looking back over at his exhausted partner he gave a small sigh, calming and focusing himself, "Part of me would have just struck that man down reactively, to protect Teayre and ensure her safety. I could have unleashed Meteor Break and inflicted maximum damage, but...there's more at stake here. Becoming orange as a result of this will not solve anything. I know better that it will only serve to corrode things even more. If I can't show her with words, then I need to do so with example."

"Teayre, I know our inventory inside and out. I know we've got two teleport crystals. If you want to get away from here, then use one of those. This guy won't be moving until you're out of here, I'll make sure of that. However, if you want to try and conquer that voice inside you, that part of you that you feel is the demon inside, then consider this a test..."

"She's already used her Charge skill, meaning that against this guy it shouldn't be active, at least if I understand the skill correctly. That means even with the amount of energy she has, it will only be enough to put him on the borderline. Maybe this is just as much a test for myself as well."

"You say that strength is more mind than body or stats, then prove it. I can only guess from this man, and the woman you just killed's reaction, that this isn't your first engagement with these types, so prove to me and yourself that you can stare a person with such malevolence towards you, and not strike them down. You want to choose who you kill, and not the voice? Choosing to not kill such an enemy takes more control than simply not killing."

Flipping the Grand Blade II in his hand he threw it down to the side, as if he were throwing a dart. the sword sunk into the ground halfway up the edge before he put his hands in his pockets, "We will continue our discussion once this threat has been addressed, but for now I'll give you this Teayre. There is a proceeding, where two monks will debate amongst themselves as to some aspect of life itself. These debates may go for hours, or even days, but eventually one will be the winner of the argument over the other. However, the winner of it is in fact the loser, as since he won the argument, he has learned nothing. Meanwhile, the loser has gained more insight, and will be able to broaden his way of thinking. We learn nothing by shutting things out."

"You ask me for help Teayre. Realize every single moment I am always offering, open to helping you. But I will give you one single fact that I have learned rings true in everyone, and was even more apparent after we were apart for so long: Unless a person truly wants to be helped, nothing can be done. No words I can say, or acts that I do, will gain you a single step closer to your goal if you don't take them to heart. I'm not sure which part of you I'm addressing, so I can only hope the message gets through. As for you..."

Looking back at the stunned player a look of disgust came over his face as a sinister light shone in his eyes, stepping forward, "I don't know what's gone on between you and Teayre, or whatever has happened in the past, and to be frank, I don't give a single ****. It ends now. Should you live, take your *** and drag it back to your comrades and relay this message. You will stop hunting Teayre, and you will stay out of my sight. If I so much as smell your filth, I will personally see to it that this playground act ends permanently. Grow a pair, accept your losses, and move on."

The armored man barely made out his response, "You're saying...you'll kill all of us?"

The bluenette took a knee as he leaned in closer, "D-Did, I-I, st-tutter? I have never, once, said that I couldn't kill. You're threatening my wife, for your information. Do you believe that I will simply stand aside? If eliminating every...single...one of you scum is what's required, then I will do what's necessary. I'm used to taking out trash anyway."

Getting back to his feet, hands still in his pockets, Calrex closed his eyes as he gave a sigh walking back over to the Grand Blade, pulling it out of the ground as hunks of dirt fell off the face of the blade. With a quick flick he brought it back into a firm sword grip before addressing Teayre once again, "Now is the time to decide Teayre. You should be about to regain a sliver of energy, probably more than enough to activate a powerful katana Sword Art, possibly enough to finish him off and end his existence. He's going to be stunned for a handful of seconds. So show me that strength of mind you were talking about. Or was that all just a bunch of hot air?"

"I care for her with all of my heart. That is why I'm going to do everything I can to help her."

• 4 weeks later...

Teayre stood to one side of her husband as he screamed at her, she smiled gently raising a hand to his cheek completely turning her back on Thruk. “There’s nothing to excuse, Cah-Lee-Kun.” She says sounding out each syllable of his name individually.  “You see. Oikawa… He’s different he’s honest. Even though, sometimes… There’s a darkness that claws out of him. He’s our comrade. The spectrum coalition Cah-Lee-Kun.” Teayre’s eyes glazed over for a moment as she met her husband’s watching him kneel down next to Thruk after incapacitating him.  Rolling her eyes Teayre sheathes her blade. The muramasa scraping down into its scabbard.

“I know we’ve got two teleport crystals.”

She shakes her head at the man. “No Calrex, I’m not using one of them.” Turning her head, the crimson maiden looks at the quivering man several feet away from her. “Thruk, Thruk, Thruk.” She repeats his name three times. “I may let you live. I may let you die. You see, I’m in a bit of a conundrum here.” Walking over to him she kicks his shoulder and places her foot into his shoulder. “Now then. The wonderful man behind me wants me to let you live. Not for your own sake, more for mine. I on the other hand want to kill you. Because it’ll be a laugh.” Cocking her head the girl pushed her thumb against the tsuba of the Muramasa, as the man struggled against her husband’s stun.

“Tch. Idiot.” She mutters before turning around, her foot catching Thruk’s chin and she faces her husband. “Calrex, what can I do when you ask so nicely?” Sauntering over to him she paces a hand on his chest. “I love you, but never say I’m full of hot air again sweetie okay?” She smiles at the bluenette sweetly, before the corner of her lips twitch. “There are better things to do than deal with trash like that. Although I presume if they come after me again, I can let him join Calia?”

Flicking her hair she turns and begins to walk away through a few of trees. Letting her thumb drop away from the muramasa she gently rests her hand between the hilt and her hip. “Calrex. What do you want from me?” The red head mutters to herself as she glances back to see if her husband, her lover, her partner was following her. Her eyes twinkling for a moment as she sighs, “He’s right… But still. Maybe…”

Edited by Teayre

As his wife gave her response to his challenge Calrex kept a calm gaze as he listened to her interact with the assailant, Thruk, "Now why in the world would he choose a name like that? It already makes him sound like a supporting enemy character or something."

Watching the bluenette continued to process the interaction with the redhead, analyzing the sentences, "At least she does have value for other people, but with all that the three of us have been through it's only reasonable to develop that connection. It is worrisome that she hasn't mentioned anything about Ariel though. I thought those two were close, especially with her reaction during the Akusumaru battle..."

When Teayre walked back over, gently requesting him to not repeat the phrase, Calrex maintained his calm composure, merely giving a single nod, "A gentle-handed threat like that may only be the start. If I buckle under it, then whatever influence the Muramasa has over Teayre will only be assured, because it will only become more confident. I need to remain strong both inside and outside if I'm going to even get a shot of breaking its hold over her."

Looking back over at the man Calrex simply gave a cold stare, stating something purely factual. It was one that was true for him since the beginning of SAO, and one that he to some level carried back in the real world, "If he tries to attack again, now or in the future, then there's nothing that can protect him. He's already had his warning."

Watching his wife walk towards the trees the bluenette gave a small sigh, glancing back at Thruk before walking off, "Vengeance only breeds vengeance. Don't perpetuate the cycle."

Putting his free hand in his pocket he gave a small jog to catch up, "At least Teayre managed to hold herself back, I think. If she truly wants to break this unique's hold on her, it's going to take more than one act. It's constant vigilance and diligence, because it's going to always be harder to not take the easy path. But if Narlia truly wants to break the cycle, then I'll be there to help her."

Looking forward he gave a nod as he finally caught up, "Now how in the world do I talk after something like what just happened? Hard to be casual after that."

"Alright then Teayre, where to next?"

I don't know Cal...” Teayre sighed looking at her husband. “I'm sorry, you know how fed up I am of everything. Of people trying to abuse me. Trying to use me. I don't care about life any more. Why should I fear death?” The girl began to sob. Her voice slowly getting higher. “Why should I fear death, why should anyone fear death when life is what is cruel? As a player killer. As a person. I have murdered people. I have enjoyed it Calrex, not the feeling of taking someone's life. The feeling of freeing someone from life. From the trapped torment that we all suffer from.” She turned walking ahead a short way, wiping her eyes with the back of Akuma's Vein. “This fire... It doesn't suit me. I should be shrouded in darkness not standing as a beacon. I'm no hero.” Looking at her husband Teayre grimaces, “Let's go, I need to get off this floor. Maybe head to that café on the fourth floor by the glacier.”

The bluenette gave a small sigh to himself, giving a nod as he put his hands in his jacket pockets. Listening to his wife speak he felt his heart feeling like it wanted to fall into his stomach. He knew all too well the pain she had gone through, first having to live under the torture of her father, then the ordeal of bearing the weight of an orange player. He remembered that when they first met, even then Teayre was feigning attachment, but seemed to already have a distrust in others. It was one that she had to bear for the longest time, being shunned by society, never having a place where she felt truly safe.

As the redhead began to walk forward he gave a small laugh to himself, almost as if to mock his thoughts before muttering a few words, "...sure, because there's no one that cares about you right?"

It was borderline silent, more to himself so that he didn't have to carry the thought in his mind. Feeling his calm resolve return he followed behind, "No one should have to fear death Teayre, because it prevents us from experiencing life. It is only what we make of it. Certainly things may happen that we have no control over, but that is what makes the things we can that much more important. Every action we take is like a stone being cast into a pond. Even if we think things are isolated, the ripples affect everyone around. Death may free the individual, but not those connected to them. There will always be a price to be paid, and consequences for every action."

Stepping alongside his wife as she spoke about her coat Calrex gave a small shake of his head, "Akuma's Vein, the devil's vein. Fire gives more than just light Teayre. Like everything, it can be used for creation of destruction. If let out of control, an inferno consumes everything, good or bad. The same can be said for anything, even light and darkness. Everything must be in balance, or everyone suffers."

Giving a shrug of his shoulders the bluenette gave a small sigh, "Or I could be just spouting a bunch of nonsense that means absolutely nothing and carries no value. Come on, let's get going to the fourth floor."

Thread Complete!

Total Rewards:

- 1 SP Each
- 25 Materials
- 12,800 Col

Thread Rewards:

- 1 SP Each.
- 400 Col.

Loot Rewards
- 25 Materials
- 12,400 Col

(Cal update inventory please)