[PP-KE-F12] Ultramarine Crimson Training Part 1

The swampy floor swirled as Teayre trudged through it. She had sent a message to her husband that she wanted to do some training. “Needless to say it’ll turn into a chat about us killing people won’t it.” “Tch.” The red head says, her blade swinging gently down next to her in its sheath. “Whenever you draw me, you must cut something.” A voice had whispered to Teayre some nights ago. The girl couldn’t place the voice, but it had made her smile. “Guess I’d need to put this to use.” Akuma’s vein flared around her as she stepped into a shallow lake disturbing the inhabitants. Several alligators reared their heads for a moment before disappearing back into the murk of the water. “Where is he seriously?" Letting out a sigh of exasperation Teayre gripped the hilt of the Muramasa.

Edited by Teayre

It wasn't long before Teayre's message had reached him that Calrex had completed the <<Monkey King>> quest on the eighth floor, as evident by the still scuffed cheek he had as a result of punching himself across his face. It was probably a stupid act, and one that should the visible mark not disappear soon enough, may be scolded for, but to him he felt it was necessary. There were many things clouding his mind previously, but that one punch helped to snap him back to his senses. As his avatar appeared on the twelfth floor his eyes welcomed the sight of the swamplands, a sight he had not seen in quite some time.

"Still better than doom and gloom."

Setting his friend tracker the bluenette made his way over as he saw his wife's familiar red hair come into view. Even thought he was there for all of the recent events, the sight of her still brought some joy. However, he also was aware she had become more distant since the last floor raid, and from what he could tell it wasn't going to be something that changed overnight. A small sigh of disappointment at the situation escaped his lips before he completed his trek over. "Hey Tea, sorry for the delay."

"Weaklings don't have the luxury of time. Only the strong may do so..."

"Gh..."

His eyes darted to the side for a second as he heard the foreign voice whisper in his mind once again, the boisterous confidence ever present in each word, "So this is the price for a unique skill...talk about a bad deal..."

The alligators thrashed around Teayre lunging towards the girl, her blade snaked out as she activated her sword art. Her unique skill coming into effect. Smiling as she drew her blade in a single motion whilst moving towards the mobs her <Charge> skill activating. A flurry of attacks follow that resonated out into all four of the oncoming mobs. As each one disappeared dealing minimum damage to the red head. The girl turns to see her husband stood there. “Hey Tea, sorry for the delay.” Smiling at him she nods. “It’s fine, just glad not to be under house arrest anymore.” Walking over to him she wraps her arms around her husband’s waist. Looking up at his eyes she smiles, “So how’s the strongest player in Aincrad? Going to enjoy some time alone with me?”

Teayre’s Stats

Spoiler

Level: 45
Health: 185
Damage: 15 (1 + 8 + 5 +1)
Accuracy: +4
Evasion: 0
Mit: 12
Light Momentum: +2
Flame Aura: +2

Items:
Muramasa (Tier 2) - + 8 DMG
Akuma’s Vein (Tier 2) - +2 Light Momentum, + 2 Flame Aura
Finding Stone - + 3 ACC

At Ready:
Basic Teleport Crystal

Skills:
One Handed Curved Sword – Rank 1
Light Armour – Rank 3
Charge – Rank 4
Battle Health – Rank 1
Search & Detect – Rank 2

Extra Skills:
Katana – Rank 5
Battojutsu – Rank 1
Concentration
Survival

Skill Mods:
Athletics
Precision

ID: 62441 BD: 9 (5 + 4 ACC) CD: 11 LD: 6 MD: 6

Calrex: 303/303 EN???
Teayre: 185/185 EN: 33/45 Iai Used. (12 Energy)

Alligator 1: 0/152 (15+4 Charge * 12) = 228 DMG
Alligator 2: 0/152 (15+4 Charge * 12) = 228 DMG
Alligator 3: 0/152 (15+4 Charge * 12) = 228 DMG
Alligator 4: 0/152 (15+4 Charge * 12) = 228 DMG

76 MIT

Loot: 4 Materials

Edited by Teayre

"Well, she never really has been one for wasting time huh?"

As he saw the alligators jump Teayre the bluenette's right arm reflexively reached for the Grand Blade II, but just as quickly as they appeared, the creature's were eliminated with a single Sword Art from the headhead. Giving a small sigh the bluenette's eyes opened to see his wife looking at him, hands wrapped around his waist. With a smile he gave a nod, "After how long you were gone? I'm using every single second, heh."

Taking a hand he gently brushed the back of her hair before gently breaking the hug, "Not sure if I'll be able to hold on to that title for long though. Takao is catching up, and going from rate of growth, he'll probably slip past me soon. Guess that's alright, I had a feeling eventually everyone would catch up to me in level. Just means I'll have to work harder to keep up."

ID: 62447
Battle Dice: 8 (Accuracy +3) = 11
Mob Dice: 1 (Evasion +2) = -1
Sword Art <<Lightning Fall>> Activated / <<Charge>> Activated (14 Energy Used / 53 Remaining)

As the bluenette continued speaking he saw another four alligators start to make their approach as he gave a small sigh. He had gotten accustomed to the interruptions of mobs whenever he was trying to speak with Teayre, but that didn't make the act any less of an annoyance. It was as if they wanted to break his train of thought. Nonetheless, they needed to go.

"Since you got that first bunch, I'll start off on these guys."

Reaching back he grasped his sword, releasing the blade lock as he gave a small sigh, "Hey...sorry about before."

Rushing forward he triggered <<Charge>> and <<Lightning Fall>> as he quickly shot upwards and back down, striking the center of the four monsters with his lightning charged blade before extracting his sword, taking a small step back. Since the creatures were shaken by the opening attack they didn't have much of a change to snap at the Ultramarine Knight as he stepped out of range.

Calrex: 303/303 EN: 53/67
Teayre: 185/185 EN: 33/45

Alligator 5: 33/152 (13+4 Charge * 7) = 119 DMG / Stunned Until Next Turn
Alligator 6: 33/152 (13+4 Charge * 7) = 119 DMG / Stunned Until Next Turn
Alligator 7: 33/152 (13+4 Charge * 7) = 119 DMG / Stunned Until Next Turn
Alligator 8: 33/152 (13+4 Charge * 7) = 119 DMG / Stunned Until Next Turn

Tutting at her husband Teayre offers him a quick smile as he stuns the mobs nearby. “Honestly.” She mutters as the muramasa draws out of its sheath a quick cut and the four alligators that had tried to attack her burst into pixels. Dismissing the loot window Teayre turns to Calrex facing him, sheathing her long blade.  You need to keep up your prowess Callie, the weak don’t deserve to survive in this world.” Laughing at her own words she runs her hand along the sheathed blade. Before turning and walking slowly along the bank of the swamp. “You don’t need to be sorry, I didn’t show how strong I was. It’s my own fault.” She said to her husband’s apology. “My own stupid fault.” Teayre adds in an undertone, “What have you been up to whilst I’ve been holed up? I mean, we could have been training together.”

ID: 62452 BD: 10 (7 + 4 ACC) CD: 7 LD: 15 MD: 1

Teayre: 185/185 EN: 25/45
Shinonome Used (9 Used, 1 Regen)

Alligator 5: 0/152  Stunned Until Next Turn (15 * 9) = 135 DMG
Alligator 6: 0/152 AOE
Alligator 7: 0/152 AOE
Alligator 8: 0/152  AOE

Loots:
4 x Materials
152*5*4 Col = 3040 Col

Total Loots:
8 Materials
3040 Col

Edited by Teayre

"...the weak don’t deserve to survive in this world.

"Gh...those words again...that's not her talking..."

As he heard Teayre speak the illusory sensation of warmth seemed to instantly fade as the bluenette's eyebrows furrowed for a second. He had originally graced the idea that maybe the redhead had recovered a bit from before, but with the short interaction that thought faded. He knew something was wrong, and likely it was something he wouldn't be able to talk his way around.

"I swore to myself that I would save her. Obviously I've been slacking off haven't I? Strength, that the weak deserve to die?"

Flashed through his mind of the times he remembered before, back when they had first become frontliners, and before that. The comparative scenes flew through his mind once again, just like after the <<Monkey King>>. However, he felt himself more grounded. He wasn't struggling, like a swimmer against the current. The images that flew through his mind were things he understood, that he knew and made part of himself.

"Teayre is still in there. I know it. If anything, I already have an idea what's going on. It's just like Dom and the Berserker, like what Achilles is trying to do to me. She's had Battojutsu for so long, I just never understood what it was. Kayaba...if I met you face to face I would likely sock you one for pulling such a cheap trick..."

He gave a smirk as he gave his response, "Well you know me better than anyone right? I've been training, working to become stronger. Obviously I haven't exactly been at the pace I originally was at, but I guess fear makes a great motivator right? Back when we were low level, I got stronger in order to be able to stand a chance against Mari. After that it was against Zel and Dom and all of the floor bosses. Now that I've got the highest level, fear isn't really much of a threat now, is it?"

ID: 62459
Craft Dice: 12 (Battle Healing Activated)
Loot Dice: 13 (Search and Detect +2 / Item +1) = 16 (Materials Found)
Mob Dice: 9 (Evasion +2) = 7 (+1 Damage)
Sword Art <<Lightning Fall>> Activated / <<Charge>> Activated (14 Energy Used / 1 Recovered / 40 Remaining)

"I need to be careful. That last sentence I felt like that voice inside my head was slipping through. However, if I'm going to get anything out of her, I can't be my usual self. Like Baldur said, the reasonable man adapts to the world around him, and the unreasonable man forces the world to change to him. If I'm to have any chance of bringing her back..."

As he rushed forward at the next set of alligators a fond memory, of back when the two first became a couple, shot through his mind. A smirk came across his face, one filled with determination that felt like it would burn away whatever plagued him.

"...I have to force that change."

Executing <<Charge>> once again he leapt skyward and unleashed <<Lightning Fall>> once more, crashing down on the four creatures and stunning them once again. However, they managed to [censored] onto him for a small bit as the bluenette shrugged them off. The small bit of damage they dealt was instantly healed up as his <<Battle Healing>> triggered, his health restored back to full. As he stood amongst the creatures he put on his facade, smirking as he glanced at the four stunned alligators.

"Well, these four certainly gave it their best shot."

Calrex: 303/303 EN: 40/67 ((36+1) * 4 DMG / 2 Achilles - (30)*4 MIT = 1 DMG + 15 Battle Healing)
Teayre: 185/185 EN: 25/45

Alligator 9: 33/152  (13+4 Charge * 7) = 119 DMG / Stunned Until Next Turn
Alligator 10: 33/152 (13+4 Charge * 7) = 119 DMG / Stunned Until Next Turn
Alligator 11: 33/152 (13+4 Charge * 7) = 119 DMG / Stunned Until Next Turn
Alligator 12: 33/152  (13+4 Charge * 7) = 119 DMG / Stunned Until Next Turn

“Fear isn’t really much of a driver now, is it?” A look of pain. A look of anger. Both of these crossed the red heads face as her husband spoke. “What about to protect me?!” Teayre yells. “His blood you want.” Swallowing the red haired girl fell to her knees punching the floor. “You said you’d protect me. Why can’t that be the same? Why can’t love be a motivator Calnus?” Her voice became snappy as she spoke. Her breathing heavy.

“I knew it, I couldn’t trust him. That’s right.” Her thoughts, the echo behind them were consistent with each other as the red head gritted her teeth. “What has he been doing… Probably gallivanting behind my back.” Through gritted teeth Teayre spoke next. “The weak deserve to die. The weak deserve to suffer. I’ve killed Akarim, Manta and Ebony. CALREX! TELL ME WHY I STILL SUFFER WHEN I HAVE PROVEN MYSELF STRONGER THAN MOST.” “It’s because you’re not stronger than him.”

Teayre looked up her eyes meeting the back of Calrex’s head as he charged in. Drawing her blade she licks her lips before charging forwards. A furry of blows and a mass of wind and water shot out from around the red head cutting everything in its path. The alligators that had hit her husband stood no chance. “Die. Don’t touch my Callie-kun.” She spat at the disintegrating bodies.

ID: 62460 BD: 6 (2 + 4 ACC) CD: 11 LD: 22 (20 + 2 LD) MD: 4

Teayre: 185/185 EN: 7/45
Haku Senpu Used (19 Used, 1 Regen)

Alligator 9: 0/152  Stunned Until Next Turn (15 * 9) = 135 DMG
Alligator 10: 0/152 AOE
Alligator 11: 0/152 AOE
Alligator 12: 0/152  AOE

Loots:
4 x Materials
4 * Bonus Materials
152*10*4 Col = 6080 Col

Total Loots:
16 Materials
9120 Col 

Edited by Teayre

It wasn't the response he had partially expected, but as Calrex heard the words that left his wife's mouth he gave a small sigh of relief to himself, "Love a motivator huh? Heh, coming from the same person that said the weak deserve to die. Isn't that a contradiction. At least that means that she's still in there, the person that I married...that I fell in love with..."

Turning to face the redhead Calrex gave a shrug, "Love a motivator you say? Narlia, my dear, isn't that a walking contradiction? Because, at least if I remember correctly, you just said that the weak deserve to die, but isn't love itself something that one that is strong, say yourself, would say is a weakness? I mean, think about every single humdrum play out there. Who ends up dying? The lovers of course. But what about those that did survive, what drove them to do so. Fear..."

Keeping the wicked smirk in his face as he walked past to face the next set of creature the bluenette looked back to face the redhead, "However...as I've said before, once you have become strong, fear no longer becomes a driving force. So what then, keeps a person moving forward, past ever obstacle that they face, even when they have obtained the height of strength?"

ID: 62463
Battle Dice: 5 (Accuracy +3) = 8
Mob Dice: 5 (Evasion +2) = 3
<<Howl>> Activated (1 Energy Recovered / 41 Remaining)

As if to break both of their trains of thought Calrex raised his sword high, the Grand Blade II blazing like a torrent of blue wind as his aura channeled into the blade before he pierced it into the ground with his <<Howl>> skill. He already understood that such a technique wouldn't mean anything, and that by strict tactics it would be better to strike the alligators first. But this wasn't about strategy or tactics. This was a different kind of battle, one that he had rarely ever faced. It was a battle against what was inside of Teayre, that was twisting her thoughts, and making her not who she was, who he knew her to be. In this case, the alligators were just the backset.

"Love is not a motivator Teayre. It is an ever-present sensation that forces us to move forward, and holds us back, because we don't wish to sever that bond. Fear does the same, but in the end its main goal is to leave us cowering, desperate to grasp on to whatever blade, gun, or striking implement in order to survive. Love in the end makes us strive to be better selves together than we were apart, and I don't mean just with combat."

"I just hope this is getting through."

"You just said yourself, you have become stronger than most. So ask yourself, why is it that you still suffering? It's because it's plain and simple: Strength alone is not enough to protect yourself, or those you care about. You are one of the best strikers in all of Aincrad, but merely skill with a blade, or striking an opponent down, will not protect or save those you care about. Something more than physical strength alone is required."

Turning away from the alligators to fully face his wife the bluenette's familiar calm, composed features were visible once again, except now there was a fire in his eyes. One that seemed like a burning inferno. It was his courage, the drive to risk everything to save what he cares about, "I must apologize again for the lie I just told. I wasn't just training, in fact, it was what I spent the least of my time doing. Most of it was worrying about you. Remember that you were gone for months, without a single message or rendezvous. In that time fear began to creep into my mind and heart, fear that you had died or just given up. But then I see you again, and I was relieve and overjoyed to see you again. You just acknowledged that you killed those three, but there's more to it than that."

He composed himself as he uttered the next few words, "I can't take this anymore, we need to get out of this game. I want to see you out of here. We don't need the weak, we definitely don't need Akarim helping."

As he uttered her father's name his eyes locked onto Teayre's, as if to pierce through the fog of influence that was trying to control her, unwavering as he continued to speak, "That name, the name of your father. You saw him where he wasn't. To add to that you broke the promise you made twice in a single stroke. Never strike first, only in self-defense. I will give the benefit of the doubt that if you saw him, you struck out in self-defense. You asked me what I was doing while you were away. My question is the same..."

Taking a few more steps forward, the bluenette knew he was within striking range of the Muramasa, but he remained unfaltered, "If I need to give my life to save hers, then so be it. Narlia will be the one person I save in this twisted world."

"...what did you accomplish while we were apart?"

Calrex: 303/303 EN: 41/67
Teayre: 185/185 EN: 7/45

Alligator 13: 152/152
Alligator 14: 152/152
Alligator 15: 152/152
Alligator 16: 152/152

Glaring at her husband. “You’re right. It is a contradiction, except for one thing.” Teayre glared at him, “Love would be a motivator for you. Not for me. I am weak I know it. The nightmares they come. The hate. The pain. Every moment I have lived, it doesn’t stop. I won’t stop until I have conquered my fears.” The girl walked forwards towards her husband, her charge skill activating. Despite the mobs he was facing. The muramasa drawing as she draws her blade in a single motion striking the mobs, weakening them. “He has a right to know what I’m planning.”

Teayre places a hand on Calrex’s shoulder, the muramasa sheathed but her left hand was pushing it out, ready to be drawn. Ready to fight. “Fight me. Show me how weak I really am.” She speaks to her husband. “You can choose the duel type.” Her eyes narrowed as she met his. “Why do you keep going when you’ve reached the pinnacle of strength? What do you do after? HOW WOULD I KNOW?”

Her feet settling into the ground the slight squelching in the mud as she secured her position. “Kill him. End him. Show Aincrad you’re the strongest player.” Shaking her head Teayre laughed, “Not yet, no I’m not ready yet to be the strongest. I’m not ready to be at the height of strength.” Pointing a hand at her energy bar she continues, “See I can barely keep up with you.”

“What I was doing?” Teayre was stifling a laugh as she replied to her husband, “What did I accomplish? I came to an understanding. I accomplished one very important thing…” The girl paused as she watched the alligators thrashing around. “I learnt that my life, doesn’t matter. I finally understand what my father was trying to teach me.” The red head couldn’t hold the laughter back any more and it spilt out. “I’m worthless and pathetic, so are all the lives around me. I’ve found a couple of players Cal. They’ve only just left starting city. Their screams are beautiful. The look of fear on their faces as the realise how precious their life is. Teayre licked her lips pausing for a good few seconds letting the wordshang there. “Then the wolf dies, before they die.”

Tilting her head she looks at her husband again, “You asked me what I was doing. I was protecting them. HELPING THEM. I’m a killer Calrex, that’ll not change. So how can you look at me and love me? HOW CAN YOU THINK YOU KNOW ME?” Slamming her blade into the ground leaving it stood there Akuma’s Vein giving off its heat around her. “I know I’m pathetic. I know I deserve to die. I know I am weak. That is what I accomplished I accepted I don’t deserve to exist. Let alone live!”

ID: 62464 BD: 9 (+1 DMG, Batto Active) CD: 9 LD: 21 (19+2 LD) MD: 9

Calrex: 303/303 EN: 41/67
Teayre: 185/185 EN: 1/45
Zekkai Used (7 Used, 1 Regen)

Alligator 13: 12/152  ((15+1+4) * 7) = 140 DMG
Alligator 14: 12/152 AOE
Alligator 15: 12/152 AOE
Alligator 16: 12/152  AOE

Edited by Teayre

ID: 62465
Battle Dice: 6 (Accuracy +3) = 9
Craft Dice: 10 (Battle Healing Activated)
Loot Dice: 8 (Accuracy +3) = 11 (No Materials Found)
Mob Dice: 9 (Evasion +2) = 7 (+1 Damage)
Sword Art <<Vertical Square>> Activated (8 Energy Used / 1 Recovered / 

"About time I got through to you..."

As the embers of his wife's coat set ablaze Calrex gave a smirk as he rushed by, his sword already glowing blue with his <<Vertical Square>> Sword Art, ripping through the four alligators as they burst into crystals. He didn't bother to look at the loot menu as he dismissed it, already suspecting that the creatures were of too low difficulty to drop anything of use. Besides, loot wasn't his aim.

"I was worried there, that you had lost yourself. I told you before, when we met with Oikawa. These unique skills, they have an influence on us, a voice in the back of our head. I'm sure you've noticed it too. It's deceptive, coming across as a welcoming sound that seems to tempt at the impulsive thoughts we have. I first heard mine recently, one that filled me with a foolish sense of confidence, that I could take on anything and still walk out alive. That boisterous confidence is what personifies the Greek warrior Achilles, the idea that he could not be killed, and what eventually led to his downfall."

Calmly walking over as his health regenerated back to full the bluenette went over and grasped the hilt of the Muramasa, extracting it from the ground, looking at its design as if mockingly, "Tch, one would think such a noble art such as Battojutsu would at least have a better suited weapon than one of sheer destruction."

"Heh, this sword is like a mockery of everything iaido stands for..."

Lowering the hand that grasped the blade he looked over at the redhead as he sheathed his own sword.

"You wish to be the strongest. Let me give you a peek at what it is like at the top. It is lonely, boring, nothing like everyone makes it out to be. I can go for hours taking on mobs without breaking a sweat, but at the end of the day that's exactly what everyone else does. The only difference is that it takes up more time, more time wasted that I could be spent with you, with Oikawa, with everyone. What does having the most health mean? Nothing. You weren't there for the Rohk fight, but I'm sure you know the sensation of the ones you care about dropping around you, never to be seen again in this world or the real world. The first time we reunited, what were your feelings about Azide? Dismissive at best. Yet you were also the one that invited him to join Amethyst Descent, the very 'family' you hoped to create in this game. Did he mean that little to you?"

Standing behind Teayre Calrex gently wrapped his left hand around the mouth of the scabbard for the Muramasa, guiding the blade over the point between his thumb and pointer finger, the tip meeting the mouth of the sheath, "There was a legend that the Muramasa blades couldn't be satisfied. That once drawn they must taste blood. Tell me Teayre, what sensible individual could bear to carry such a blade?"

Nicking the web between his two fingers as he returned the blade to its sheath the bluenette stepped back, red crystals lifting off of where he cut himself, "Ever since we first became a couple you've always wanted to show me how strong you've gotten, how that you can keep up with me. You're right, you may still be in terms of game mechanics weaker than I am when we both fight at our hardest with our blades. However..."

Swiping on his menu the bluenette dismissed his equipment, the Grand Blade II, Grand Dragoon, everything. He of course knew he still had Achilles active, but everything else, his means of defending himself, were back in his inventory. Should his wife wish to see him dead, she would likely be able to do so before he could protect himself. "I never once thought of you as weak. Every person that is strong in this game started out as weak in the past, yet they forced themselves to become stronger. So if the weak are meant to die, then were are the strong when all those who are finally die? It's a flawed sense of thinking, because both are related. Being strong is only by relation, and is never concrete. We both used to be weak, and now we are among some of the strongest in Aincrad. No life is more important than another, because they all are, and none is worth more or less."

Putting his hands into his jacket the bluenette gave a calming sigh, the look of worry flashing over his face before he steeled himself once again, "There is a saying Narlia, that those who fight monsters need to be careful about not becoming one themselves, because if you gaze into the abyss long enough, the abyss gazes into you. You killed your father, the very one you despised because of what he did to you and your sister, yet you cling on to whatever twisted teachings he taught you, as if you've had some kind of epiphany, gaining some truth about the world from that monster. Ironic isn't it? If I took everything my parents said as gospel, I would be working as a lawyer or doctor, not trapped in this game."

"Foolish that you think you are strong this way...standing here without any armor. Your confidence really knows no bounds, does it? Or do you have that much faith in my power?"

"Gh...no, I can't let it in..."

Fighting back Achilles' influence on him once again Calrex continued, "How can I look at you and love you? How can I know you? Heh, you certainly make a lot of assumptions Tea, we all do. I've seen the you that you wish to be, the one that broke me out of the self that I was. I've seen you at your best and your worst in this game, and each moment is engraved in my mind. Maybe I might not know who you really are, but I do know what you are not. This is not you. With everything that's happened, I was worried that you had become the very thing you despised, that you went to such lengths to destroy. That I wasn't be looking into the face of Narlia, but the face of Akarim. So Teayre..."

Putting his hands to his sides the Ultramarine Knight assumed a vulnerable stance, squaring his legs with his shoulders with his hands open, "Your energy will replenish in about three seconds, more than enough time to open a duel with me, attack, and likely strike me down in two Sword Arts. I already know Achilles won't be enough to keep me alive after that onslaught. You'll have your glory, and you will become the strongest in Aincrad, and snuff out yet another worthless and pathetic life, as you so put it. If that is what you wish, I've given the way to do so. However..."

Looking forward he gave his calm smile, piercing through as if to call out to the person he felt was inside, the person that he believed Teayre to be, "If you wish to show me that you're stronger than that, that there is some worth in the young woman that I have given my heart to, that I have risked everything to protect, send your equipment into your inventory, and come at me with your own two fists. I will meet you head on, and show you that strength of will, strength of heart, trumps any game gimmick. Show me Narlia Thar, the person I designated the color Scarlet, like a blazing flame. Burn away your delusional self-worthlessness, and show me your true strength."

His words said he put his hands into his jacket pockets, a place where he certainly wouldn't be able to summon his menu speedily. "The ball is in your court Teayre. So what is your decision? Will you continue down this path, or forge one that is truly you, not driven by some pathetic programmed AI?"

Calrex: 303/303 EN: 34/67 ((36+1) * 4 DMG / 2 Achilles - (30)*4 MIT = 1 DMG + 15 Battle Healing)
Teayre: 185/185 EN: 1/45

Alligator 13: 0/152  (13 Charge * 4) = 52 DMG / Stunned Until Next Turn
Alligator 14: 0/152 (13 Charge * 4) = 52 DMG / Stunned Until Next Turn
Alligator 15: 0/152 (13 Charge * 4) = 52 DMG / Stunned Until Next Turn
Alligator 16: 0/152  (13 Charge * 4) = 52 DMG / Stunned Until Next Turn

Calrex HP Reduced to 273

The red head watches slowly as Calrex walks towards her. “This sword is a mockery.” Her teeth set against each other. Grating. “Mean so little?” Her hand clenched, “On the contrary, Azide meant a lot to me. Not as much as he did to you.” Looking down her voice quietening, “That is why I can’t let myself. It’s why I won’t let myself feel it.” Her eyes snap up meeting her husbands. “I refuse to let this unique skill become the better of me Calrex.” Her hand gently caressing the hilt of her blade, “Sensible? No, you and I both know I have never been sensible.”

The crimson maiden, she listened to her husband as he lectured her final challenging her. “Don’t let him control you.” Her mind warns herself, tutting she opens their inventory and brings out a recording crystal. Pressing it she drops it to her right hand side. Her hands still moving as the song begins to play. Akaku Akaku Akaku Yurete, it begins to chime out.

“Calnus Hevrex.” Teayre speaks, “I will accept the challenge.”

As the words left her mouth she had brought up her menu again. Going into her inventory she unequips the Muramasa. Akuma’s Vein and the finding stone. Instead of leaving it there the red head equips a red outfit, a red head band pulling her hair back. The crimson dress on with a black lace lining. The black stockings and shoes. She stands there in front of her husband as she pressed another item. A silver snake appearing at her neck. A red cloak appearing around her the hood pulled up.

Grinning Teayre presses one final item before swiping her menu away. A long blade appears in front of the girl. The edge of the blade pure white whilst the black diamond patterns was scattered along the length of the blade. The back end of the blade was red in colour. The blade itself originated from a single point. An eagle of pure gold. Along the length of the weapon there is an inscription that can be clearly seen.

Oikawa Kanashiki.

Before the weapon drops to the floor Teayre catches it and spins it to her right side. Her voice calm and steady as she spoke. “You understand Calnus, Scarlet is more than a blazing flame.” Reaching up Teayre takes the scarlet badge and tosses it at her husband’s feet. “Calrex Achillies the Ultramarine Knight.” The girl speaks, “You surely know my name.” Pausing for a moment Teayre tells the man in front of her. “Teayre Muramasa the Crimson Maiden.” Her hand flickered to her inventory withdrawing a blood crimson badge, affixing this to her hair in the place of where the scarlet one had been. “My hands are stained, I can’t forget that. I’m sorry my love.”

Her charge skill activated, Teayre shot forwards.

Spoiler

The Oikawa Kanashiki sliced at the air between them as Teayre flung it to one side her head landing in her husband’s chest. As she stops still next to him. “Calrex.” The girl continues, “Listen to me. The blade itself is one that seeks blood. I can’t let anyone else bear that burden. So help me carry it.” Tiptoeing Teayre kisses his lips after her small set of words.

ID: 62486 BD: 10 (5 + 4 ACC + 1 Concentration) – Kissed the lips.

Edited by Teayre

As his wife prepared herself the bluenette looked as she swapped out the Muramasa for the sword he had made for her back when they were still traversing the lower floors. The Oikawa Kanashiki, the katana their close friend Oikawa had forged, meaning "To cut through sadness." Calrex had originally given it to Teayre as a representation that she herself had the strength to overcome any sadness that she may encounter. He knew they had been through much: Beleram's death, her killing of Akarim, and many others. Nonetheless, not once did they fully break. She had overcome those challenges and emerged more experienced, stronger.

The redhead initiated her attack as he slowly closed his eyes, prepared to embrace death, "If you aren't able to put your life on the line, you won't be able to save anyone. At least I can say that I tried..."

He could hear the singing of the sword as it sliced through the air, growing ever closer to him, ready to cut away at his health points. The feeling of the Achilles skill preparing itself to retaliate was present, almost excited for combat.

However, no attack came as the bluenette slowly opened his eyes, feeling the soft touch of Teayre's lips on his as his sight caught a glint of the sword being tossed to the side. Hearing his wife's words he gave a small sigh, understanding exactly what she was saying. Of course the force of the advance caused him to stumble a bit, but he quickly caught himself, gently grasping the redhead's shoulders, "Do you even need to ask?"

He gave a smile as he slid an arm around her waist, another around the middle of her back before bringing her close, "I know you've been through a lot. Remember that you don't have to face these alone, in fact you shouldn't. If ever anything is wrong, I will be there by your side. We may not always agree, but I'm not going to build this relationship up like either of us are going to be 'yes' men or women. I'm your husband silly, that means that I'll always support you, but will also remind you about when you start to stray. You say your hands are stained, then so are mine. While it may be impossible to forget what we've done, we can at least do what we can to come to terms and focus on what to do next in light of our past actions."

Carefully breaking the embrace he rested his arms at his sides, "Also remember that while that sword craves blood, it can't do anything without a hand to wield it. In the end, a tool is a tool, no matter how alive it appears to be. You're stronger than a hunk of metal Narlia, I know that."

Taking a few steps back the bluenette gave a smile as he swiped on his menu, "Teayre Muramasa, the Crimson Maiden huh? Heh I think I still prefer just Calrex, The Ultramarine Knight. Achilles in the end is a skill, not an accomplishment. If ever I lose it, that title will go to the next user of this skill. Nonetheless I appreciate you accepting my challenge. Now..."

Lowering his stance his front foot slid out as he assumed his stance for <<Martial Arts>> giving a friendly and competitive smirk, "As you said the first time we dueled, you owe me this. Show me what you've got Teayre."

• 2 weeks later...

Do it.” Quietly echoed in Teayre's mind as she stepped away from her husband, swallowing the girl starts to quiver. “I can't Cal...” She began to say as she looked at the man, whom in the last few years she had grown to love. “I just... Can't.” Turning Teayre begins to run away from her partner. Her hand quickly opens up her menu and she quickly re-equips her gear. Akuma's Vein. Finding Stone. Muramasa.

As the blade materialised onto her hip she stopped, turning around looking at her husband a short jog away just outside of charging distance. Rapping her knuckles on the hilt, Teayre raises her head to meet her husband's eyes. “Calrex. What if we make this duel interesting? You've always been stronger than me.” She says, tears beginning to roll from her eyes and down her cheeks. “Whoever loses has to do something that the winner says? It can be anything, from giving a back massage to dying.”

You'll find out now Teayre if he doesn't love you. If he's not really going to risk it all for you.”

The red head looked at him again, her eyes dimmer than before they light in them seemed to have faded slightly. “So. What will it be my beloved?”

With a small sigh to himself the bluenette watched as it seemed for a second all of his efforts to try and break through to the redhead seemed to "go up in smoke" as she re-equipped all of her highest level gear, specifically the Muramasa. From her words only a few moments ago, it almost seemed like the voice that was speaking to her was coming from the sword. Cursing under his breath Calrex focused his senses.

"Asking your beloved to die huh? Think of that string of sentences you just asked Teayre, because that's the cop-out. If that voice is giving you suggestions on what to do so it can have it's way I can only hope you're telling it to shut it's damn mouth so that you can get a word in edge-wise, because I'm starting to have trouble telling who's calling the shots."

His voice lacked ill-intent or anger, as if he was stating the facts, but was also trying to reach out to her again. Calrex knew that his wife was not willing to spare a hand to snap him back to his senses, or at times for things more petty. But, in all that had happened, not once did she ask him to die for her. "That's not what friends or lovers do for each other. A lifetime if happiness, dedication, and companionship always outdoes a single moment of sacrifice. You already know this Teayre..."

"A challenge of life-or-death. The only kind of challenge I seek..."

"GH!"

He couldn't keep his composure at the last slip-in that Achilles made on his mind. Resisting Calrex brought his hand to his head, covering part of his face for a second as he gripped tightly, forcing the voice back, "...I won't let you seize control..."

Successfully fighting back the cruel confidence that threatened to creep over him the bluenette gave a small sigh, mumbling to himself, "Tch, was it really Azure Pride that Tristan was feeling, or was it this..."

Looking back to face Teayre the bluenette composed himself, swiping on his menu. He re-equipped the Grand Blade II as the deep-sea blue blade appeared on the back of his hip. Second came the Amethyst Charm as it attached to the end of the sword, the charm that symbolized their union. Third was the Tide Pendant, the embodiment of himself as the Ultramarine Knight.

Finally, last came the Grand Chariot: Legacy, the unenhanced armor that was based on the very one Teayre had commissioned to be made for him back when they were first starting out. "However, I will accept the request."

Reaching back he detached both the sword and sheath from their clip on the back, bringing it in front of him as he gripped the handle of the blade, "I made a vow to myself Narlia, that in order to save and protect everything I love and care about...I would risk everything, and put everything I have on the line."

Releasing the blade lock he tossed the sheath to the side, "I love you, and have dedicated my life to you as your husband. I'm giving this duel everything I've got, so don't expect that anything less than that will be able to counter me. If I can't get across to you in words, then I'll do so through my blade's song."

Smiling at her husband, Teayre sent the duel request for a first hit. “Callie-kun.” She says batting her eye lids at him, “Let me select the duel type. First hit.” the red head continues her thumb pressing on the hilt of the muramasa's tsuba. “Rank one sword arts only.” she carries on a glint in her eye. “Your face, you really thought I wanted you to die...” Letting out a sigh her smile twists into a grin. “I don't want that, what would happen to US if it did?”

Calnus Hevrex. Calrex. Calrexington. Cal. Callie. The Ultramarine Knight.” Her eyes met her husband's, however there was a mock in her own. “Now what do you want if you win this duel? You state then I will. You say you want a challenge. Then this is your challenge. Win me heart away from this pain. Let me enjoy being with you again.” She pauses before stepping to one side. Kneeling down her left knee then her right knee. She let the muramasa slide back into its sheathe. Her left hand then her right hand. She performed a kneeling bow for her husband. “Show me that you can keep my blade at bay please.” She whispered so quietly, that only she could hear it a tear rolling down her eye.

ID: 63809 LD: 5

Using Base LD roll to determine who goes first in duel.

Calrex roll twice once for the LD roll if you win going first roll a second time for your attack.

Edited by Teayre

ID: 63813
Loot Dice: 2 (facepalm, this is why I shouldn't roll for Earning a Living bonus mats)

Calrex gave a calming breath as he listened to his wife speak, requesting that the duel be a first hit type. As the words left her mouth a smirk creeped on one of the corners of his lips. It was the exact same type of duel that the two first had when they were both starting out. With Rank 1 Sword Arts being the only option, it may as well have been. However, there was a difference between then and now.

"First strike huh? Heh, in this case that's a literal translation. Both of us have more than enough Accuracy to score a clean hit if the odds are even against us. Very well, since you have restricted it to Rank 1 Sword Arts, I'll have to give it my all then."

Swiping once more on his menu the bluenette pulled up his active skill mods. From his knowledge, he was one of the few, if not the only, player to have more skill mods than slots available. Looking at only one mod in particular he deactivated it. Looking at his health as the <<Stonewall>> mod became inactive the green bar dropped, his mitigation no longer being added to his total. However, in turn he felt a bit more of his speed return as his Evasion was boosted to as much as it possibly could without buffs or the <<Sprint and Acrobatics>> skill mod, the very one that he used to carry before the patch removed it from his use.

"That's not a challenge for me Teayre, because a challenge is merely and obstacle to a goal. This requires more effort than that. Winning you away from the pain you carry, the burdens and nightmares of your past. That's a goal, and one that I will not stop until it is accomplished. If the sadness comes and tries to drive away any enjoyment you might have, then I'll make sure they're nothing more than a passing tide."

In response to his wife's bow Calrex returned with his own gesture. Bringing the Grand Blade II in front of him he grasped the handle with both hands, resting his forehead on the flat of the blade as he calmly centered himself, as if uttering a prayer, "With this duel, let me finally start putting all of these tragedies to rest. Please...

"...for everything I cherish, I need to put everything I have into this fight. Survival only comes with victory. If I am at my limit, then focus everything into a single moment."

Stonewall Deactivated (HP Reduced by 30 / Evasion Boosted by 1: Total of +3)

Her eyes narrowed as her husband quickly changed a piece of his equipment out before their contest, without hesitating the red head takes a step backwards taking herself to the edge of charge range. The coat of flames that wrapped around her body flared as she did so, swaying from side to side. “Ready?” She asks Calrex, her lips twitching at the corner.

The countdown began.
5… 4… 3… 2… 1…

Her charge skill activating as she drew the Muramasa in one swing. The blade striking her husband knocking him high into the air. Sheathing it she looks up as he falls down. The winner notification sounding above her. Kneeling she whispers in his ear. “Help me.” A pause, a deep breath. “Help me master this unique skill, help me learn how to beat it. Help me.” The red head whispers as she wraps her arms around her husband. “I’m a player killer now, I will always be regardless. Akarim, Manta Gaul, Ebony. Those three names are both my blessing and my curse.”

Releasing her husband she takes several steps back, “The Oikawa Kanashiki, Beleram, The Red Knight’s Cloak, Absolute Pin and Amethyst Descent. They are all in the past. I am Pker Teayre Muramasa The Crimson Maiden, however I am also Narlia Thar your wife.” Her voice was cold, as she was stating these things as if they were facts, now and again though a small screech could be heard as her voice broke and a tear began to run down her cheeks. “Can you stand beside a murderer and call her your wife? Can you look me in the eye and say you love me? I can’t even love myself so how can someone else love me?”

Pausing to take a few breaths Teayre swallows before continuing, “Once I am level sixty I will be taking redemption. However, I have heard of a few quests that turn your crystal orange again” Her eyes met Calrex’s , “I’m a player killer. No matter what happens nothing will change that. Please Calrex, help me learn to master my urge. Help me master my skill that is what I ask from the duel. As for everything else, it’s a goal to help me get past my tragedies? Some yes I agree, I need help. A lot of it. Others however, I deserve to be haunted by the memories, plagued by the stigma that surrounds it. If I survive, if I get out of this game… Who knows what will happen.”

ID:  63974 BD: 8 (7 + 4 ACC – 3 EVA) CD: 12 LD: 1 MD: 1

Calrex: 272/273 EN: 63/63  19 DMG – MIT = 1 DMG [Stunned]

Teayre: 188/189 EN: 42/46 Conviction Used (4 Energy) DMG = (15 +4)*1 = 19 DMG & Stun – 1 DMG Dealt to Teayre from Achilles

Edited by Teayre

As the battle started Calrex looked as almost instantly Teayre was upon him. The next moment he was looking up at the sky, his hair blowing this way and that as a result of being launched into the air. With a small sigh he gave a smirk as he descended, "Well she always was the fighter of our combination."

However, he did not fall onto his back, as his increased speed allowed him to land crouched, albeit stunned. As the effect persisted the most he could do was lower his sword, listening as his wife embraced him and spoke. After being released the effect persisted as he continued to listen to her, his eyes being the only things at best which could keep up with hers.

Once she finished the bluenette gave a small smirk, "Hey, give me a sec to get my body released from your Stun effect first, heh. But you are correct. It would be foolish to try and take Redemption now, as a slew of quests recently came out which can turn people orange. If we slip up, then you'd permanently have the crystal."

"Kind of a cop out if you ask me. The only logical reason I would think for people to turn orange as a result of a quest is because then they would have a reason to take Redemption. If they're after the experience points, that would be the only reason."

As the Stun effect began to wear down Calrex could feel his limbs start to move again as he slowly straightened himself, "How can someone else love you if you can't love yourself. Simple answer: Because they are not you. Even if we expect others to think the same as ourselves, we are not each other. I don't see you for what you assume to think you are. I only see you from my perspective, and that perspective does not think of you as your crystal. Yes, by game mechanics and past actions, you are defined by the system as a player killer. But before that you were my girlfriend, and my wife. Remember Teayre, it's what we choose to define as us, what we welcome into our hearts, that changes who we are. What has happened is in the past, but the past also is what influences who we are today. Do you believe that I would still be the exact same person if I hadn't met you?"

He gave a smile as his last sentence left his lips, "There are things that should be let go, and from what I've learned it is the things that only serve to make us into worser versions of ourselves. You say you deserve to be haunted by memories, but nobody ever deserves anything unless something unfair has happened to them. I'm not going to delude you into thinking that they will go away, but I will be there to remind you of what should be gleamed from these actions. There is the old saying, 'Those who do not learn from history are doomed to repeat it.' So what has past may be so, but the real question we need to constantly ask ourselves, is have we learned anything to make us better people from it?"

With a small breath to recollect his thoughts he continued, "The Oikawa Kanashiki, Beleram, The Red Knight's Cloak, and two of the guilds we were a part of in the past. These may have come and gone, but don't forget about what each symbolized, and what they embodied. The Oikawa Kanashiki was the very blade I had made for you, to remind you that no matter what adversity you may face, or sadness you encounter, you have the strength to cut through them, to remain unfazed in the face of challenges. Beleram may have just been a companion AI, but he was your companion, and in some ways a representation of loyalty, even in spite of the fact he didn't have any status enhancements. The Red Knight's Cloak was a representation of your position in Absolute Pin, a group which we helped to form. Finally, Amethyst Descent was your pursuit of something that in some ways I feel you may not have felt in the real world. Being a part of something that is like a family."

Raising his right fist he felt his courage build once again, "Can I stand by your side and call you my wife? Can I look you in the eye and say I love you? Narlia, if you think I can't you haven't been paying attention. I do that every single day. There is no difference between then and now in terms of my feelings for you. If you need my help with controlling this ability, that you have my support. I only know so much, but I will always be ready to remind you of who you are, so that you do not lose your identity when fighting back that voice. I'm not sure if you are aware or not, but all of these uniques seem to do so, so having Achilles means I'm in the exact same boat as you."

"What's surprising is that Achilles has been silent this whole entire time..."

"What happens outside of the game is out of our hands. It's an uncertain part of the future we know nothing about. So for now all we can do is focus on moving towards the future that is under our control: escaping this game. Whether our acts in here are reflected outside will be determined once we complete our goal."

Teayre shook her head at Calrex, “No… You misunderstand me Cal. This orange crystal.” Teayre points towards her the object floating above her head, smiling. “This crystal to me is both a badge of honour and a mark of shame. It shows what I have done within this world…” She pauses, “So I feel as if I deserve to keep it, however it still is something to be decided later on.”

She nodded to the rest of her husband’s words going along with what he said, locking her eyes with him. “Cal.” She says simply as he pauses for breath. Her lips sealing again as he continues to speak. Swallowing she places a hand on his chest. Tears starting to stream down her cheeks. “How are you so strong? How do you keep going?” She rested her head on his chest sobbing, all the while a smile creeped over her face. When she looked back up the wicked grin had vanished. “That was… That was who I was in the past, I have taken innocent lives now. I can’t promise that it won’t happen again.”

The red head paused for a moment wiping the dampness from her cheek she takes a step back, “I’ll tell you this now. Only once, there’s a part of me. It calls out for blood, it calls out for me to kill. I would have struck you down earlier because of it… I could have, Achilles or not.” She turns around walking towards the edge of a small lake within the swap pressing her hand to the tree next to her. “Regardless this part of me, the ‘sane’ part if you will.” Again another pause, this one filled with a dark chuckle, “I enjoyed the thrill. The excitement from it. The feeling of being a god. You know perhaps that’s what Kayaba wanted? He created this world, he showed us that life is just a game. Do you remember his words? Do you remember what he said?” Closing her eyes, Teayre repeats what was said within the opening speech, “I ask of you all to understand that «Sword Art Online» is no longer a simple game. It is a second reality.... From now on, any form of revival in the game will no longer work. The moment your HP reaches zero, your avatar will be gone forever. And at the same time... Your brain will be destroyed by the Nerve Gear.” Opening her eyes again the red head grins, “I killed my father, the reality is that he’s gone out of my life. He no longer has power over me. I learnt from him that power… Power is glorious.”

Voices could be heard in the distance, “I ask you Callie… No Calrex. How would you consider helping me to master this skill, helping me invest skill points into it. Let’s see if I can control the power I have. Let’s see if I can decide when it’ll strike, not let it choose when like it did with Manta and Ebony.” A deep, dark glimmer shone in Teayre’s eyes for a moment, “Let me choose when I kill, not let the system decide for me.” Her thumb pushed the tsuba forwards slightly, “I’m sorry.”

As her words finished the sentence Teayre Muramasa the Crimson Maiden disappeared, her charge skill taking her past her husband, the gust of wind from her movement catching her husband. The way the red head was like that of a snake, she coiled herself to strike and then her sword art took hold. She cut the first mob quickly before moving on to the next one. Spinning she unleashed all the tension that was built up inside of her. As the deer like zombie’s kicked her Akuma’s  Vein took hold wreaths of flame wrapping around the red head before spiralling outwards along the hooves and legs of the creatures burning them. Incinerating them.

Teayre stood there her blade help in her right hand pointing down to the ground to the right hand side of her, the left hand was firmly gripped around the saya. “The flames from this coat, they protect me. They reduce the damage that strikes me. They consume those who survive my attacks. You say about controlling our future. You say about escaping the game. Calrex I have a news flash for you it has been Three Years, Five Months and Six Days.” Shaking her head at her husband Teayre turns around, “How far have we come? We’ve only just got to the point of unlocking the eighteenth floor. We’re almost certainly on life support in hospitals by new, being treated as if we are in comas.” She closes her eyes for a moment before opening them again, “How long till they turn off the life support for us? How long till we get out of this game? At the rate we’re going at least another fifteen to twenty years.” She laughs, resting the blunt edge of the Muramasa on her right shoulder, the blade passing behind her head. “I’m sorry but this is our world now Calrex. Anyone could die at any moment. That’s just fact. It’s fact in both this world and the world out there!” She turns her head, looking down to the floor to her left. “It’s the point he wanted to make, Life is a game. Lives? What are they? Death? It’s another stage in life.”

Again another pause she waits for her husband to start replying, only to hold the saya up to silence him and continue her speech. “The strong, that’s always who rules. In nineteen forty five, we had bombs dropped on two of our cities by the Americans. They were stronger than us, so we bowed our heads to them. In the Yakuza clans, the stronger the people the higher up they go. The strong decide what happens. It’s the same here, Azure Brigade, Square One, The Knights of the Blood Oath. They reigned, why? Because they made the rules, why? Because they were strong. Ideals they are all well and good my husband, but solo players like us? We’ll never have the strength to do what we want alone. Unless… Drastic measures are taken.”

She turns away letting out a long breath, before inhaling again. “Listen, this place. Aincrad, it’s just another battlefield Cal. The strong survive, the weak they perish. It’s just the way it is. You’re right level is just a number. Strength isn’t just about your level. There’s more to it than that. You need contacts, you need to be ready to get your hands dirty. You need to show you can’t be afraid.”

Spoiler

ID: 64591 BD: 8 (4 + 1 ACC) CD: 8 LD: 15 (13 + 2 LD) MD: 8 (Flame Aura activated)

Teayre: 184/189 (36DMG -12MIT – 36 Flame Aura Proc = 1 DMG) x 4 = 4 Damage Taken
EN: 23/46 Amatsu No Homura (20 Energy Used, 1 Regen) (15 + 4)*10 = 190

Zambie: 0/164 (190 – 41 MIT = 149 DMG) + 32 DMG from Flame Aura = 181 DMG x4

Loot:
4 x Materials
4 x Bonus Materials
(164*5)*4 Col = 3280 Col

Total Loot:
24 Materials
12,400 Col

Edited by Teayre

As his wife said her piece Calrex gave a grin, feeling the effects of the Stun finally wear off as he looked down at his arms, clenching and opening his fists as he feeling returned, "Well...that's certainly...one way to put it. Geezes landing and being Stunned certainly does a number on your joints.

Shrugging his shoulder the bluenette gave a small sigh, collecting his thought before addressing each aspect of Teayre's reply, "A badge of honor and a mark of shame, well that certainly depends on who you you're asking. Honestly, if you ask people at our level I doubt they even give a damn. That's what I think. The only thing that comes with that orange crystal is a detriment to your capabilities. You cannot enter towns or safe zones, meaning that the only places you can go to are shops outside of them. Most floor battle plans are held in buildings within the settlements. But, as I said, that's merely what I see. If you wish to know what I believe makes me strong, when let me address everything you have just said first."

"You make it seem like this part of you makes you distinct, special from everyone else. It is, in fact, something that is within everyone. After all, it's the easiest thing to think about. Someone annoys you, why not remove them permanently from yours and everyone else's life, make things a little bit easier for everyone, am I right? This 'second reality', where death is at every corner. That's the exact same as real life. The only difference is that you can simply become high level enough to make those lower level than you weak enough that they can't kill you in a single strike. I may have not forgotten, but remember that one snowy night, many months ago, I could have ended your life just as easily as you could have ended mine just now. You are right, it is easy to take someone's life, and some can say it is playing god. However, remember that you are not a god. There will always be someone, or something, that can and will take pleasure in bringing you back down to earth. Zelrius and Ssendom, both of them were, as some would say, at the pinnacle of their builds. Zelrius could do more damage than three, four, or even five of us combined, and Dom could in some ways surpass even me when it comes to solo and group combat. Yet, now they are both dead, felled by people who some would think are far below their level of power. This the reality of things Teayre, and it is no different in this world as it is in the real world. I will admit Kayaba has done one hell of a job making things as close to reality as possible."

With a calming breath he continued, "Choosing who to kill, and who not to kill, is something everyone deals with in this world. I will help you get stronger, but in the end it is still up to you to welcome those thoughts into your mind or push them out. I will help you, but if you go running off, trying to battle this on you alone once again, then no amount of help I give will serve to benefit you. I can spout words, sweet nothing, and idealistic teachings until my throat runs dry, but it will jack squat if you don't open your ears and receive the message."

Feeling the grin creep onto his face he gave a small shrug, "Three years, five months, and six days. I'll tell you this is probably a lot more fun that being stuck in college, which lasts longer and is a real load. Time passes different for everyone Tea. This amount of time could be equivalent to forever for some, while others it's a mere passing moment. So we've just gotten to the eighteenth floor? I'll tell you this much, we've gotten farther in these past few months than the last three years, and that's before we even decided to participate. You may be right, we're all in hospitals treated as being in comas, at best. I wouldn't be surprised if some people are already dead in real life, merely living on within the game."

Waving his hand in front of his face Calrex gave a laugh, "I'll give a hand to Kayaba, he has done one hell of a job constructing his fabricated sense of reality into the game, but I'll tell you this much, I will never accept this as reality. Everything that is usually a detriment in real life is taken out. No needing to use the restroom, no needing to shower, no need to eat, no need to sleep, almost everything that makes us humans. Those are not here. They are not here because they cannot be replicated. That is what separates this game from reality. There are countless things within the real world that no machine will ever be able to mimic. They may get close, very close that the resemblance is uncanny, but they will never top the original. Life is a game? If so, then why has no one ever won? Why has no one ever developed a walkthrough, strategy guide, play by play, or professional league for life? Because as much as we would like to think and believe that life is a game, there are things that will never be predictable. A game, as fresh and new as it may be, will always, after some time, become predictable. I can run circles around boars and wolves because I've become familiar with their attack patterns. I can deflect even the strongest attacks and render them to nothing because they follow the same movement sequences. That is what this game is Teayre, a series of equations and patterns, all layered over themselves so intricately that it is capable of tricking us into believing they are unpredictable. Believe what you want, death being another stage of life, or the end. That is something that we will never know."

Collecting his thoughts once again he recalled the events that the redhead had mentioned, "Plant yourself next to the river you believe to be the truth, and remain firmly rooted."

"Narlia, everything you have said make sense, but once again it is arbitrary. Bombs dropped on cities, that is merely an advantage in technology. Yakuza clans promoting those who are strong, that is an advantage in reputation. The Azure Brigade, Knights of the Blood Oath, Square One, an advantage in numbers and stats. There are no people that are absolutely, without question, strong. They merely have the current advantage. Strip those away, and everyone is equal. Everyone, wether you choose to believe it or not, is equal when you remove that which is an accessory or superfluous. No one is strong Teayre. You could have killed me earlier because I removed that which made me strong. What if I had something that gave me the advantage, a Safeguard crystal I had equipped way before I met you? You would have wasted your Charge skill, one of the things that boosts your damage. What if I had also boosted my Damage and Accuracy? Even more in my favor. This is what I mean Teayre. Everything that you see as fact, as reality, I see as merely equations, chess games, strategies to be defeated. If I had the right tools, the right situation, I could single-handedly take down anyone, because I merely changed things to be in my favor. So, you are correct in a way. Strength is more than arbitrary numbers, but exactly how big is your scope outside of that? You need to have contacts, well then how many contacts, and how reputable or sketchy are you willing to go to accomplish a goal? How comfortable are you working with strange bedfellows? Willing to get your hands dirty, how dirty? Are you willing to attack a person indirectly? Threaten their family, their loved ones, break them mentally by rendering them unable to sleep?..."

"This might be going too far, but I need to make sure she realizes how where these paths lead?"

"Cut their sibling up and serve their remains to them to break their spirit? That is not something that mere strength alone covers. There is a saying, that strength without purpose is meaningless. Everyone concerns themselves with the what, when, where, and how, but never the why. So let me ask you Teayre, you wish to be strong, to control the voice in your mind. Well why do you believe it is able to run amok right now? Because you lack a strong direction. You accomplished your goal. You ended the source of your sadness. You wish to be happy with me, well how exactly do you plan to go about it? Are you going to rid this world of those that annoy you, make yourself a utopia within the game? Throw yourself whole-heartedly into the floor battles and accelerate the floor clearing? Retire, find yourself a nice place and live out the rest of your days there?"

Spoiler

ID: 64602
Loot Dice: 7 (Search and Detect +2 / Item +1) = 10 (No Bonus Loot)
Mob Dice: 3 (Evasion +3) = 0
Sword Art <<Meteor Break>> Activated / <<Charge>> Activated (11 Energy Used / 57 Remaining))

Looking as another zombified deer came close he quickly picked up his sword, rushing forward like a blue streak, the Grand Blade II flashing golden before he promptly ripped apart the creature, the monster bursting into crystals. With a swift swipe he resheathed his sword, putting his hands into his pockets.

Loot List: 1 Material

Calrex: 273/273

Zambie: 0/137 (198 DMG - 34 MIT = 164 DMG)
MIT: 34

With the attacker gone he gave a small sigh, "Now I can finally get to the point, and answer to your question. How can I be so strong, and keep going? I will face the facts. I am not strong. I merely possess traits and skills that give me an advantage"

Swiping on his menu he summoned his stats screen, flipping it to show to his wife, "If you look at my stats, my skills, my equipment, there is nothing special about it. I don't wield a single unique item, and the unique skill I have is only so useful. By arbitrary means, I am still weak. But, I have come to accept that being weak is also what makes me strong. Being strong means you have achieved the highest point, that there is nothing above you. Believing that you are strong, makes you weak. There is a true strength in humility, in quietness. The moment that I truly believe I am strong, and that nothing is above me, that everyone should fall at my feet in servitude, will be the moment that I fall."

"This is a fact of life Teayre. There will always, always, be someone or something better than you at something. You believe you are the strongest damage dealer? Wait till someone who has focused even moreso on damage than you comes along. I am completely incapable of dealing even close to as much unbuffed damage as you, as that is the reality of being a one-handed straight sword user. Strongest defense? I only have Achilles because Tristan gave it to me. Accurate or evasive, I'm a damn bruiser/tank build. At best, the quantitative reasoning behind my strength is that I am decent or above average in many fields, rather than being focused in a single task. So, why do I believe you believe I am strong?"

Looking into his wife's he felt the swelling of courage inside him, "Because I refuse to let this world change me. You say that I can't show I'm afraid. Well let me ask you a counter-question, what is there to be afraid of? I just stood before you, with no gear, no means of defense, and yet had no fear of death. We've faced countless monsters that could have snuffed out our lives in and instant, and yet are still alive. The things that plague others minds, death, life, strength, weakness, the things that cloud one's focus. I constantly train myself to remove those thoughts from my mind. There is a saying for duelists, that the moment that one engages and hopes to come out alive, is the moment they lose. Being accepting of death and life, walking the thin line of balance in all things, that is what I believe keeps me alive. Grounding myself, yet be willing to bend and weave with everything that comes, remaining unchanged in my ideals. That is what keeps me going. Love for you, and the wish to see a happy end to this false world, friendships and bonds with others and the wish the see them exit this fake reality. Those has remained unchanged from what we first started training."

Holding up his fist he slammed it against his heart, "To that end, I will do whatever it takes. That is a simple line to say, but you know full well how stubborn and foolish I can be. I spent countless nights protecting the Amethyst Boutique when you first became an orange crystal. I've thrown myself alone into battles that may have easily ended my life, protecting people I may know little to nothing about. I have struck out at those I cared about. I have shut out any emotion within me until a task is done. Some say it's hard-headed, but resolve can also be interpreted that way."

Giving a breath he relaxed his stance, returning back to the casual smile he always gave, as if to show his welcoming self once again, "I love you Narlia, and have given my heart, and my life to you. I will do whatever it takes to see you happy and out of this false world. Even if it means I need to become a good or evil to do so."