<<The Peak>> Take 2.

The Peak

Floor 14.

wyt9noQ8Sf-7TPJHSEpQ8X0A1_dRBXr8_WL5rhua

Whilst traversing the harsh lands of the fourteenth floor you happen upon a mysterious player, they look worn and tired. After starting a fire to warm yourselves against the cold temperature of the night they tell you what had happened, supposedly upon finding a trail marker they had been asked if they would like to take part in a quest. The main objective was to scale to the top of the mountain, where there would be a rare item for the taking. Yet when the player got close to the top a sudden explosion caused them to be thrown down the side of the mountain, barely surviving the fall. As you prepare to find this marker the player urgently grabs you and warns that there was something up there.

Requirements…

-Players must spend 21 or more posts climbing the mountain itself.

-If a Player does not have the <<Survival>> Skill then they must roll the craft die each of their turns. On Rolls 6 or below the player will lose their footing and fall a few feet down the mountain, dealing 20 Damage that cannot be mitigated and requiring that they spend +1 extra post action climbing the mountain.

-If a Player does have the <<Survival>> Skill then they must roll the craft die each of their turns. On Rolls 3 or below the player will lose their footing and fall a few feet down the mountain, but will manage to save themselves from any serious injury. Though they must spend +1 extra post action climbing the mountain.

[Combat Craft may not be used to influence the outcome of these rolls.]

-Players must defeat <<Rock Elementals>> and <<Earthen King>> before they are able to reach the top of the mountain. These enemies spawn once all players have scaled to the clearing made by the explosion, <<Earthen King>> will spawn once it’s subordinates have been defeated.

Enemies…

X2 (Per Player)<<Rock Elemental>>.

A MOB that is made out of the mountain itself, they will relentlessly attack a player with its hammer like fists until it has been defeated Regardless of Hate.

HP:155. DMIT:40.

DMG: 48. For each other <<Rock Elemental>> Add +2 DMG.

Immune to Hate. <<Rock Elemental>> will attempt to attack the last player to successfully hit it no matter what.

<<Earthen King>>

Upon Defeating the <<Rock Elementals>> Players will find themselves being shaken and losing balance as a large portion of their current portion of the mountain moves around. Letting out a resounding roar Players must fight a Giant Rock monster while standing on it, It is impossible to strike it from it’s base and players are challenged by having to find crevices, tunnels, and soft spots upon the enemy's body to attack.

HP: 1250[+200 per Participant]. DMIT:100.

DMG:140.

While facing <<Earthen King>> Players must Roll the Loot Die in order to find a soft spot, on rolls 10+ they will discover a soft spot and will have two turns to attack it before it closes. While Players are attacking the <<Earthen King>> if it manages to strike a player while it’s soft spots are vulnerable it will end up dealing Damage to itself as well All Damage dealt to the <<Earthen King’s>> soft spot ignore Mitigation.

Rewards…

-4 Sp.

-500*LD. (To be split evenly among participants).

- <<Potion of Unwanting>> [Cannot be sold, bought, traded, gifted, etc...] Consumable that allows a player to remove all the invested ranks in a specific skill, restoring all the used Skill Points in that skill. This affect can only be applied to a Skill, not a Skill Mod. Rewarded to the Party Leader.

------------------------->This Quest may be repeated, but only as a party member not a party leader. <---------------------------------

Thoughts and Feedback are welcomed.

-<<Potion of Unwanting>> Edited at request of Manta Gaul.

-Sp reward raised at request of Seul.

-<<Potion of Unwanting>> Text edited and Suggestion has been edited in at Request of Ariel.

Edited by Takneil

I don't like the way the respec works. If theres going to be a respect it should be a full respect, or at the very least give back the SP from all ranks of a skill. Especially if the boss is going to be so strong. This boss is like floor boss level strong. The reward at this point in time isn't worth the risk.

Edited by Manta Gaul
36 minutes ago, Manta Gaul said:

I don't like the way the respec works. If theres going to be a respect it should be a full respect, or at the very least give back the SP from all ranks of a skill. Especially if the boss is going to be so strong. This boss is like floor boss level strong. The reward at this point in time isn't worth the risk.

Looking at it from a Staff member's point of view the potion would then be OP, granted I do agree with you. The Reward VS Risk factor is one sided. The potion's effect was never meant to be a solid ability, I left it open for staff to alter. It's better to set it at a minimum reward than a optimistic reward so it can only get better rather than worse. What I hope for is a full respec of a skill, especially since the potion cannot be obtained any other way after the first time other than marriage.

2 hours ago, Takneil said:

Looking at it from a Staff member's point of view the potion would then be OP, granted I do agree with you. The Reward VS Risk factor is one sided. The potion's effect was never meant to be a solid ability, I left it open for staff to alter. It's better to set it at a minimum reward than a optimistic reward so it can only get better rather than worse. What I hope for is a full respec of a skill, especially since the potion cannot be obtained any other way after the first time other than marriage.

Looking at it from a staff members point of view, why bother grading a quest no one's ever going to do? And if there's something I've learned in my life, its always best to start high, whether bartering or submitting something. Say what you want it to be. At the moment I wouldn't touch this quest with a 200 mile long pole. Way too much risk, way too little reward. I'm a very high level player, and this thing would almost one shot kill me, except that I don't have the benefit of being able to one shot it back.

Edit: With the edits I might touch this now. >_>

12 minutes ago, Manta Gaul said:

Looking at it from a staff members point of view, why bother grading a quest no one's ever going to do? And if there's something I've learned in my life, its always best to start high, whether bartering or submitting something. Say what you want it to be. At the moment I wouldn't touch this quest with a 200 mile long pole. Way too much risk, way too little reward. I'm a very high level player, and this thing would almost one shot kill me, except that I don't have the benefit of being able to one shot it back.

Edit: With the edits I might touch this now. >_>

I would touch it... All over.... mmmmmmmgurl.

I like the idea of it and would even suggest something optional (to make this quest even more complicated) . Make <<Survivability>> a little less efficient! I won't remove the 50% (1-6) chance to fall but lower it to lets say 25% (1-3 CD) or less. Due to the extra skill's description you won't take the 'fall damage' but players would still have a quota of 'successful climbing' posts (like the 21+ climbing posts requirement) instead of removing it. This way if the boss 'seems' too powerful you can 'tone it down a bit' but still keep the overall balance.

A rephrasing of " Upon consuming this potion a player may un-invest in a chosen skill to retrieve Skill Points " to "Consumable that allows a player to remove all the invested ranks in a specific skill, restoring all the used Skill Points in that skill." Overall I like the quest idea. Make sure to point out if it's repeatable or not and if it is, you may want to think of a way of buffing the boss a bit upon later retries.

Hate me or not, this is my honest opinion as a fellow amateur 'quest developer'. 

@Ariel - The Crowned Lion This Quest was meant to be subjected to the communities suggestions, while I won't lower the difficulty of this quest for a couple reasons I will gladly increase it if community or staff deem it necessary. Also to be honest I don't know why you think I would hate you?, your opinion/suggestions were great and benefited the overall quest ^^.

@Ebony Quest has been edited to clarify your question ^^.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I gotta say, as someone who was respecced TWICE from a greatsword user to a katana user and then to a claw user, I would be totally up for a quest like this that gives the chance to alter our builds.

I feel this would be good because there are some distinct differences between our system and the actual SAO system. The original SAO system is like Elder Scrolls. You can raise any skill you want as much as you want, while in contrast to that we are locked into any and all decisions we make with our SP at the moment with limited non-swappable slots.

The only issue I have with the item and that you can only get ONE of these potions since you are suggesting they be untradable and only for the leader. The reason I dislike this is because it heavily limits what is doable. Suppose a shield using player wants to use a greatsword now. He can only undo his weapon skill, not his points in block. Suppose a light-armored wild-claw user wants to become tankier, but is unable to get a decent tanking/AOE weapon AND respec to heavy armor. A potion that totally resets ALL SP I could see as being a little over-the-top. But if we are willing to put the work into it, why not let us get more of the potion as the leader?

I do like the idea of the quest becoming harder for each completion as Ariel suggested however.

• 3 weeks later...

<<The Peak>>

This Quest takes place on Floor 14.

This Quest is repeatable.

wyt9noQ8Sf-7TPJHSEpQ8X0A1_dRBXr8_WL5rhua

Whilst traversing the harsh lands of the fourteenth floor you happen upon a mysterious player, they look worn and tired. After starting a fire to warm yourselves against the cold temperature of the night they tell you what had happened, supposedly upon finding a trail marker they had been asked if they would like to take part in a quest. The main objective was to scale to the top of the mountain, where there would be a rare item for the taking. Yet when the player got close to the top a sudden explosion caused them to be thrown down the side of the mountain, barely surviving the fall. As you prepare to find this marker the player urgently grabs you and warns that there was something up there.

Requirements:

-Players must spend 21 or more posts climbing the mountain itself.

-If a Player does not have the <<Survivability>> Skill then they must roll the craft die each of their turns. On Rolls 6 or below the player will lose their footing and fall a few feet down the mountain, dealing 20 Damage that cannot be mitigated and requiring that they spend +1 extra post action climbing the mountain.

-Players must defeat <<Rock Elementals>> and <<Earthen King>> before they are able to reach the top of the mountain. These enemies spawn once all players have scaled to the clearing made by the explosion, <<Earthen King>> will spawn once it’s subordinates have been defeated.

Enemies:

X2 (Per Player)<<Rock Elemental>>.

A MOB that is made out of the mountain itself, they will relentlessly attack a player with its hammer like fists until it has been defeated Regardless of Hate.

HP:155. DMIT:40.

DMG: 48. For each other <<Rock Elemental>> Add +2 DMG.

Immune to Hate. <<Rock Elemental>> will attempt to attack the last player to successfully hit it no matter what.

<<Earthen King>>

Upon Defeating the <<Rock Elementals>> Players will find themselves being shaken and losing balance as the mountain itself seems to move about. Letting out a resounding roar Players must fight a Giant Rock monster while standing on it, It is impossible to strike it from it’s base and players are challenged by having to find crevices, tunnels, and soft spots upon the enemy's body to attack.

HP: 1250[+200 per Participant]. DMIT:100.

DMG:140.

Earthen Shell: While facing <<Earthen King>> Players must Roll the Loot Die in order to find a soft spot, on rolls 10+ they will discover a soft spot and will have two turns to attack it before it closes. While Players are attacking the <<Earthen King>> if it manages to strike a player while it’s soft spots are vulnerable it will end up dealing Damage to itself as well All Damage dealt to the <<Earthen King’s>> soft spot ignore Mitigation.

Note*: If a Party leader repeats this quest multiply the Earthen King’s stats by X where X is the amount of times that Party leader has taken this quest. And must spawn an additional two <<Rock Elemental>>

Rewards:

-4 Sp. To be determined by staff.

-500*LD. (To be split evenly among participants).

<<Potion of Unwanting>>

Upon consuming this potion a player may un-invest a rank in a chosen skill to retrieve Skill Points. If used on a skill with no ranks players will lose that skill. If a Mod is attached to that skill the consumer will lose that Mod and regain SP from that Mod as well. . Rewarded to the Party Leader.[Cannot be sold, bought, traded, gifted, etc...]

This Quest can be repeated as Party Leader, but will only yield 1 Bonus SP instead of 4.

Recommended Level: 50.

Large groups/parties are HIGHLY recommended.