[PvP] When the Faint Challenges the Scout (Takao)

The Duel Arena. An area that hasn't seen the stroke of my blade in quite sometime. Though given recent events, I wish it had. Thoughts subsided as a slim figure emerged from the tunnel opening up to the Colosseum of sorts. Dust rose and settled with each step. The puff of dirt caking the mans normally pristine cloak as he made his way towards the center of the arena.

Pushing few stray strands from his face, Oikawa sifted through his contacts before briefly pausing on a name that had slowly emerged as one of, if not, the top player in Aincrad. And for once, this name wasn't Calrex. 

The Viridian Scout, Takao. A name I wish to gift him should he meet with me for this request. Tapping <select>, he rattled off a short message to the Front-liner asking his presence for a friendly duel; with the requirements being managed once he arrived. Pressing send, he brought up the menu for his inventory and began to sift through the various items he had at his disposal. He wanted to see just where he stood with one of the top two players in the game.

Player versus player combat was something that Takao had typically avoided. There had once been a time when he found it to be a valid challenge and for there to be some merit in besting his fellow players, but that mindset had changed drastically in the months that had passed. It had no longer been a way to challenge oneself, too often did it become a proving grounds for power and the fields in which the seeds of arrogance were sewn. They were all trapped in this digital prison together, and to fight among themselves instead of casting their ire at the greater threat... Well, it was if though they were playing right into his hands.

But he still found there to be some merit in proving one's strengths. Some folks shared his mindset, some didn't, and it wasn't difficult to discern who those people were. Takao didn't seek power over his fellow players, he didn't seek fame and glory so that his name would be known. He wanted to progress, and through challenges and hardship he would find the progression that he desired. Thus, when the notion of a non-lethal duel with Oikawa arose, he obliged.

"Oikawa." Takao said in simple greeting as he passed through the darkness of the tunnel that lead to the arena and approached the blonde fencer. Neither the Inundator nor Ragnarok were on his back, making it almost seem as though he was devoid of a weapon despite Serpent's Bite resting horizontally just above his waist.