Staff Members Wanted

Yes we are still very much in need of having an established staff team here at Sword Art Online RPG to help keep the ball (game) rolling. Always remember absolutely no webcoding or designing is necessary, just you and your time, daily activity, and people skills is all that really matters most.

To take an exert from my previous post seen here.

Hello users!

This is the early stages of our Sword Art Online RPG community and we will obviously need a well endowed staff to help build this project. What we need are thinkers, creators, developers, artists, team players, organized plotters, innovators, and fans to fuel this staff into creating a fully immersed SAO realm. This whole project is purely web only, meaning there is no game to download, no master programmers or coders needed, no software needed to help develop this project and move it forward. All we need is your wits, your skills and talents, your time and flexibility, your devotion, and your sense of fun and support. Now obviously artists will need a computer with some sort of drawing software and or a peripheral device to help them draw unless mouse is preferred; but you probably wouldn't have the skills and talent for that if you were already experienced, so nothing new for you to bring to our table.

There will be various positions laid out, however administrator which is the known term on the web and forums for "owner", "creator", "leader", or "founder" will not be given so easily unless you earn it or actually started it in my case. You'll have to work hard in one of the other non-admin staff teams to be noticed and chosen to be given administrator access and permissions.

You'll also note I've removed the forum standard coined term "moderator" from here, in SAO what we refer to as moderators on a forum, MMO's have whats called Game Masters or GM's for short. Here on this community GM's will serve as duo positions both moderation over the forum and its users, but also event coordinators and story leaders.

We will hold many opportunities for you to join our team, positions will be posted below and to apply you must contact me with the position you are requesting. If you feel up to a challenge, you may apply for multiple teams.

Player Support Team

• The Player Support Team (PST) will be the group of people who answer all questions about the site. These are the first people you go to if you have any type of question at all. These group will prime players as future GM's and will be the first ones looked at if a spot is opened. However there are requirements to join the PST. Applicants must apply to Shark

Game Master

• Responsible for the conduct and mannerism of each player on this site. Also handles the main story line and tone of the role-play, acts as the chief decider over players stats, establishes the game's rules all users must abide and enforces them. Develops quest or events for players to participate in to keep things fresh, original, and interesting. Works to give to the players, not to themselves; their position on this team will be determined by how happy and engaged they can keep the players of this feel as a whole.

Graphics

• Assists with the forum's appearance, logo's, icons, and necessary imagery used both by the site itself and the game masters storyline, events, and background story or lore. Should be able to supply various artistic styles and formats to meet the needs of the site. (If we adopt a dynamic avatar system, will require to create image sprites for the avatar system).

Sword Art Online 2D

• The SAO 2D staff team is a separate team from SAO-RPG that is lead by Shark. The team builds areas for players to have fun and battle as well as be lazy. Events are also made and rewards are created. If you would like to be apart of this team, please contact Shark with which position you would like to join.
  • Developer, Mapper, Moderator

We are still looking for SAO 2D Staff members. Game Masters are currently ok but if you feel like you can be a significant impact then feel free to apply. (GM Applications go through myself and Shark.) I would like to have eventually new administrators too, however you need not apply directly to that position. I will be looking at Game Masters as potential promotions based on individual GM's activity, leadership, friendliness, communication, and teamwork.

And if you feel there's a staff position this site could use that you feel excel in doing (marketing, blogging, vloging, newsletters, etc..) then feel free to mention them as well.

Cheers!

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Are you still doing this or is it too late? Do you take spammers? I am active atleast :3

After I received your application, I inquired with the GM's and most felt we have a decent number of GM's right now. But we'll hold onto your application and keep it under consideration if an opening becomes available.

Will GMs have any special IC abilities?

The GM's on the forum will not have the option to RP as a GM in the game as only Kayaba Akihiko was the only GM when SAO trapped it's players. The GM's here on the forum serve more as a content provider and role-playing post etiquette and rules enforcer.

• 3 weeks later...

Crim has stepped down from the GM Team due to a very busy life and not a lot of time to put towards the site. He wants his spot to go to a more active user that can benefit the site and put out good ideas. We now have some spots on the GM Team. If you anyone is interested, contact me to apply for the position.

A message from the team:

The GM team personally believes that all GM applicants should have some kind of event and/or suggestion to improve the site in some manner. To be a GM requires imagination or creativity to expand on something we have basic knowledge of XD... applicants should be able to come up with a basic event or idea to improve the site (like how we all come up with idea's before we all help to improve it)

-GM team

EDIT: I was just informed that Seig has resigned as well. There are now a few spots on the GM Team.

• 1 month later...

I'm up for running for GM, I do enforce the rules (Ask Zero he's seen me do it for the chat) I am active everyday, atleast 3-4 hours, I try to get on more and i'm trying my best to, I don't mind if I get unwanted for a position that's fine, it's just an application, I don't mind staying as a player ^^ and good luck to all the GM's present and the people who are helping this site (which would be everyone) ^^

I'm up for running for GM, I do enforce the rules (Ask Zero he's seen me do it for the chat) I am active everyday, atleast 3-4 hours, I try to get on more and i'm trying my best to, I don't mind if I get unwanted for a position that's fine, it's just an application

=/

If you were serious about this position, then you would have read the terms above and learned the proper method to apply. Replying to this topic showing your interests is not the proper method.

Sorry about that, it was like 4am that day.. couldn't sleep a wink.. but I am quite serious for this, I probably didn't read it right O_o

Edit: Just saying, now that I actually have slept and did other things, I know how to apply now and I am absolutely sorry for that.. I mean.. I did a stupid mistake, forgive me.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Due to the amounts of GM applicants, There has been some qualifications that need to be met before you can apply.

• GMs should:
    [*:1x8e45lo]be with the site for at least 5 months
    [*:1x8e45lo]not have any spam on record
    [*:1x8e45lo]help at least 20 members before applying

Alright, I've got the second one down. Only 2 to go. I've got no idea how many people i've helped haha, but I'll wait while helping. *sits down and waits for a person in need*