[F2-SP] Tripping Madness «Let There Be Light»(Complete!)

Shirosu had heard of a rather low level quest on the second floor that would be perfect for er in order to do a little power leveling. Today she had brought along her little fox as some company, no one liked to party alone, even if your company was a familiar. With shoulder jockeying kit in town she looked for the starting NPC. Shirosu quite enjoyed the second level, with all of the woods and mountain ranges, it was quite a pleasant place to be. "So Gin, Think we should be able to do this easy peasy?" Gin perked up his ears and let out a cute chip to voice his approval of the subject. "Good boy"  This, she decided, was much, much better the the desert, it was a nice temperature, there was absolutely no sand, yup, this, was great. Just then she heard a paniced cry and turned to see who it was, and thats when she saw the paniced NPC mother running towards her.

Edited by Shirosu

"are you OK ma'am?" Shirosu asked the NPC when she stopped in front of her the women appeared to be frantic and unnerved, and was glancing around like she had lost something,"I.. I need help!" The Women said,"What kind of help" Shirosu replied steadily curious as to why the npc lady seemed so distraut, "My child was playing near a cave around here when she and her friend were attacked by monsters her friend got away but...." Shirosu nodded,"It's ok ma'am i'll go find you daughter and bring her back for you,"The women NPC was now crying as she was saying with gratitude and relife in her voice "Thank you, Thank you" Nodding Shirosu spotted the cave and walked over to  the mouth of it, it was dark in there, Shirosu was a complete klutz and she knew it, and this wasn't going to be fun,"Let's go Gin" she murmured. 

Edited by Shirosu

Upon entering the Cave, Shirosu already almost tripped over a rock hidden by the shadows, this, was going to be a field day for her balance issues. She progressed very slowly along the walls of the cave, clinging to anything she could in order to prevent slippage.  Gin helped her out by Chirping and barking occasionally, warning her of holes and other such deformities in the floor that would cause the klutz to fall. About  fifty feet into the cave she came upon a split, leading to two smaller paths. "shoot" she muttered, she hated guessing games, with a sigh she picked the path to her right, if this didnt turn out right she would just back track and try the other one. After walking for a while she heard a high pitched squeal and her head whipped around, her hair trailing be hind her, trying to find the source of the sound,"I dont like this" she whispered

Edited by Shirosu
  • ID:64199
  • BD: 8 (6x2x3) =38 DMG
  • MD: 4 (miss)
  • Energy: 8/14
  • Shirosu: 56/56
  • Giant Bat: 14/50

She heard a loud swishing sound and was confused, where on earth was it coming from? thats when she felt the wind being stirred up and she knew something wasnt quite as it should be, With a start, on instinct she leapt back suddenly, and just in time. In front of her there was a loud crash and a pair of large, glowing, fierce red eyes appeared. The large creature, what ever it was, Shirosu figured was slightly larger then her let, enraged it out a long, high pitched hiss and with a shout Shirosu gave the beast no time to think, she lunged forward, Shadow stitch taking the black creature in a full frontal attack. It squealed and attempted to lunge at her, but with her eyes slowly adjusting to the dark she was able to doge and leap behind what she could now make out as a very large, incredibly angry bat. "Not good!" she called to no one, preparing for its next assault. 

• ID:64201
  • BD:[4-1+3=7] (6x1x3) =18 DMG
  • MD: 4 (miss)
  • Energy: 5/14
  • Giant Bat: 0/50
  • LD:15

The Giant Bat shrieked at the top of its lungs and Shirosu almost had to cover her ears, with a loud swoosh the bat was airborne again and she was pretty sure it wasn't leaving. with a hiss of her own Shirosu began to run, while she was pretty unsure of her own footing, she didn't just want to stand around like a doe caught in the headlights. She had about a seconds warning , Gin let out a loud bark and trusting the little animal she skidded to a hasty stop, and literally feet in front of her the Bat crashed down right where she would have been. Not wasting time while the Bat was confused the lunged in and ended the beast with a quick, tidy three piece cut. When the bat keeled over in a shower of pixels, she let out a ent up breath and bent down to scoop up the materials resulting from her kill, quite happy with the results.  time to look for the girl again. 

• Energy: 6/14

"Hello?" Shirosu called into the darkness, hoping for the little NPC girl to reply. When a good amount of time had passed without a single sound in reply she went in until she hit a wall at the back of the passage. With a sigh he knew she had chosen the wrong path, she swore quietly and with that she turned around and began to trek back through the tunnel in order to take the other path, which she really hoped lead to the little girl. As she bonked her way along, she thought back to just how much she hated dark and confined spaces where she couldn't see more than five feet in front of her face, her shop didn't count, it was cozy, not a cave in the middle of the second floor that continued to cause her pain "hi ho, hi ho, its off to work i go" she muttered, preparing to turn down the other cavern when she got to the intersection. 

Edited by Shirosu
  • Energy: 7/14

Shirosu swore as she hit her head on a low lying pillar of rock for about the 5th time now, hatting this not being able to see properly thing, she could see enough, but it wast great and she was beginning to experience a headache from all of the repeat concussions she was giving herself. Finally reaching the cave split again, she decided she was just going to sit down, and take a quick break in a Godzilla bat cave, where else would it be as exciting as this? Starring daggers into the second tunnel she figured her quarry was down that way, but also another one of those giant bats, lovely, just what she need, Dracula on steroids.  With a groan, she got back to her feet, even though she was eighteen she was getting way old for this crap, at least fighting giant bats was kinda fun, they didn't seem to put up an insane fight. 

Edited by Shirosu
  • 1 year later...

(finishing off this old thread, will be using old stats to complete)

• Energy 14/14

With more caution than she had previously used when she encountered the previous Bat Shirosu continued down the second path of the cave doing her best to be silent while approaching whatever may be lurking in the darkness. as she snuck along she prayed that the little NPC girl would be down this path and that she hadn't just walked into the wrong cave and been put through the torture of twisted ankles due to her own stupidity.She stomped along muttering and cursing under her breath, why couldent quests be in nice warm tropical climates where the mobs she had to kill were squishing little slimes? Just as she was about to throw a fit and leave she head a faint voice out of the corner of her ear.  "yes!" she exclaimed completely forgetting to be quiet. Her brief flash of satisfaction was promptly drowned out by a high pitched screech from above that announced the presence of yet another giant bat. With a curse, Shirosu lept back preparing for combat. 

Edited by Shirosu
  • ID:98855
  • BD: 8 (6-1+3ACC) (6x2x3) =38 DMG
  • MD: 3 (5-2EVA) (miss)
  • Energy: 8/14
  • Giant Bat: 14/50

When the giant, smelly, and terribly shaggy creature dropped from above Shirosu decided to use the exact same method as before if it worked once why wouldn't it work again? She dashed forward through the darkness without hesitation, praying that she wouldn't trip over something. Her prayers were answered when she got close enough to land an attack. Dodging back and forth in order to make it harder for the mob to aggro on her she prepared to strike. With a savage grin, she pulled her arm back and executed Shadowstich and landed a solid hit on the large yet slow critter. It let out a terrible metallic sounding screech as the previous one had, she almost wanted to cover her ears to shield them from the head-splitting sound. "Your not all that smart are you!" she shouted at the bat over the ringing of her ears, dodging a rather clumsy swing of its wing in her direction. "Guess you can see about as well as i can in here!" 

Edited by Shirosu
  • ID:98902
  • BD: 9 (7x1x3) =21 DMG
  • MD: 0 (2-2EVA) (miss)
  • Energy: 5/14
  • Giant Bat: 0/50
  • LD:2 (nothin xD)

Shirosu was slightly disappointed at how weak these bats were, she had kinda been hoping they would have put up more of a fight, mind you, she figured it was pretty difficult if they couldn't hit her. Just as she was about to go in for a finishing blow the bat screeched as loud as it could and the sound pierced Shirosus ears. She raised her hands to cover them and dodged another clumsy lunge from the creature. She had a hard time pinning down how to approach the creature while she was unbalanced from the things war cry but she managed to uncover her ears and activate the sword art to finally kill the bat. "Just die already you silly animal!" she executed her sword art and killed off the bat. she sighed with relief maybe now she could escape the cave with the little NPC child and get on with the rest of her day. just as she took a step forward to find the child she heard a series of squeaking, less loud and higher pitched. "nooo" she groaned, "I dont want to deal with little bats!" she shouted at no one in particular, boy this day was just turning out great. 

Edited by Shirosu
  • ID's: #1- 98904 #2 98905
  • BD(roll #1): 10 (+2 Crit) (8 x1 x 3=24 DMG)
  • MD #1: 1(3-2)=0 DMG
  • MD#2: 6 (8-2) (6 DMG-21 MIT=0 DMG)
  • Energy: 2/14
  • Small ugly Bat #1: 0/20 -24 DMG
  • Smal ugly Bat #2: 20/20 
  • LD:16 (dont meet loot requirements)

"Why do I never get a break!" She sighed as two bats dropped down from above, both were about half the size of the large bats before, but their dark shaggy coats were much greasier and their eyes were black and buggy and held absolutely no intelligence. "Gross" she muttered, preparing to take the two critters on. One came from above and with a great heave of its wings flew above Shirosu. Foolishly she kept her attention on the first one to move and as it came to down to try and hit her she dodged and used a three piece cut sword art to finish off the angry rat with wings. before she could have a moment to feel even a little smug she got rammed from the side as the other bat took her momentary distraction in order to peg her. Shirosu swore loudly, she didn't sustain any damage as she had a high enough MIT on her armor but it still scared the daylights out of her. I need to pay more attention she chided herself guarding how to best kill off the other bat. 

Edited by Shirosu
  • ID: 98906
  • BD:  6 (4-1+3)  (6 DMG)
  • MD: 6 (8-2) (6 DMG-21 MIT=0 DMG)
  • Smal ugly Bat #2: 14 /20 

Just as Shirosu was considering a plan of attack the Bat moved and fast. It flew off into a darker part of the cavern where even She couldn't see. She whipped her head around, trying to gauge where the ugly thing could be, yet no sounds where alerting her to its presence.  When the weight dropped onto her from above she gasped, once again her MIT saved her from any damage but the sheer shock of being snuck up on like that could be just as damaging. it took her a few agonizing moments before she realized what happened and she struggled to try to unlodge the animal on her back, "Get.. off of me!" she snarled through grit teeth and swung her dagger upwards. When she felt the resistance and herd the screech she knew she had met her mark, it wasn't pretty but it got the mob off of her. "Your one tough bastard aren't you," She grumbled as she stumbled to her feet. 

Edited by Shirosu
  • ID: 98907
  • BD:  9 (natural)= 7 DMG
  • MD: 4 (6-2)Miss 
  • Smal ugly Bat #2: 7 /20 

This bat she had originally miss read she had come to the conclusion. there was definitely a lot more going on in that AI than she had first thought. She jumped out of the way of another fly by attack and considered the beast as it circled around through the darkness.  It seemed to like stealth attacks, something she was notoriously bad at avoiding and predicting. when it disappeared from sight again she tried to consider the route of attack it may take, in its eyes all sides were open for attack, adding a third dimension, so far it had an attacked from the top and side so its logical follow through would be her back! just in time Shirosu jumped out of the way and planted her dagger in the flying beasts back. It hissed and whipped around to try and hit her but Shirosu easily dodged.  "Hah!" she laughed, "gotta ya figured out now you unruly rat!... I think" she added as an afterthought. 

Edited by Shirosu
  • ID: 99041
  • BD: 10 +2dmg= 8 DMG
  • MD: 4 (6-2)Miss 
  • Small ugly Bat #2: 0/20 

The bat swooshed off into the darkness for a final time, obviously trying its best to end Shirosu in its futile fight, She had finally gotten a hang of the annoying critters movements and had no trouble diving out of the way of angered animals attacks. As it released a screech and came by for another go at her Shirosu attempted one last dodge but to her horror her foot slipped. She let out a startled screech as she landed on the hard rocky ground in an awkward lump, the Bat saw its opportunity and decided to take it. Like a vengeful fist from above the winged beast took a dive towards the currently panicking Shirosu. But before the mob could land a hit on her, she flipped on to her back and stabbed upwards just as the creature was about to hit its mark. Their was a sudden loud screech as she landed a critial on the animal and it burst in to hundreds of pixels. Shirosu remained still and let out a pent up breath,"stupid bat" she muttered. 

Edited by Shirosu

Shirosu remained still on the ground, not really interested in getting up at that second and time, she could find the little NPC girl soon, right now she was doing her best to be grumpy about having to go cave diving and getting beat around by a bunch of screeching angry rats with wings. This day wasn't going her way. Gin appeared out of the shadows where he had been watching and booked it towards Shirosu and curled up on her chest. she pet the fox absently and than giggled, "Arnt i in a good mood today, i've been non stop complaining about this silly quest haven't I?" she asked the fox who just turned his head curiously before shoving it back under her hand demanding more pets. "well" she sighed and sat up,"guess i have a little NPC to find somewhere in the blackness" Shirosu got to her feet and shook her limbs out before continuing  through the cave, once again being cautious with her footing not wanting a repeat of her earlier incident. 

thinking that maybe now she had dealt with all of the caves mobs Shirosu felt comfortable enough to whistle while she walked, she hoped that by making audible sound it may alert the little girl into responding back if she heard, would make Shirou's job of locating the child a little easier. Suddenly she heard the voice of a little girl call hesitantly from a corner of the cave near the back, "Is someone there?" Shirosu grinned, and replied relief evident in her voice since she finally found the child,"Yes! Are you the little girl that got taken by the bats,"  The NPC girl let out a small sob and said,"Yes, did you come to save me?" Shirosu had found the corner that the girl had shoved herself into, She bent down next to the child and smiled kindly,"Yes, what do you say? how about we get you out of here? seem like a good idea huh?" The little girl nodded quickly and Shirosu help out her hand and helped the girl to her feet before taking a few steps in the direction of the entrance of the cave,"Follow me, we'll get you back to your mom"

As she led the child through the cave she decided to ask a few questions and see if she could answer," So, do you think you could tell me what happened, how did the big scary bats get you?" girl froze on the spot in the darkness, Shirosu could barely see her little fists grabbing the corner of her pretty pink dress,"Me and my friend decided it would be fun to go and play, we had heard a bunch of spooky storries about the cave but didnt think they were true" she snuffled, "mom told us not to go but we didnt listen and went anyways, we kept daring each other to run into the cave and back out, it was all good fun untilli ran in to deep and before i knew what happened i had been snatched by a big black thing. It dragged me far into the cave, i thought it was going to eat me, I managed to hide in a corner, but it scared me so much," Shirosu could hear the girl snuffling and nealt down next to her and gave her a hug,"Hush, your all right aren't you? and i bet you won't play in front of this cave again now won't you?" She knew that was a lie as this was a quest but it made Shirosu feel better, Getting to her feet Shirosu grabbed the little girls hand and continued to lead the snuffling child to the ever-nearing entrance. 

As they walked through the dark tunnel which Shrosu estimated to be a half a mile long or so she reflected on the fights with the bats, The first three had gone really well, she had took them all out with a hit or two, so what had gone so wrong with the last thankfully weaker bat. One of her issues she figured had to be the fact she had ran out of energy, it seemed without her sword arts fighting could be a bit difficult and she could never land hits as hard as she wished for, she sighed, another issue she took a stab at was that she had become too confident and cocky because of the other three, which she often found herself having trouble with she really did need to fix her attitude, and her last issue had to be her poor balance, she really did need to work towards getting athletics,  she figured that may help her to fix her balance issues....or simply make them worse from her new found bouncyness, she saw a light up ahead and spoke up to the little NPC behind her"Were almost there!"

When she saw the light from the outside world seeping into the cave Shirosu got excited,"I can't wait to be out of the cave" she muttered, the little npc girl next to her seemed just as eager to leave the black and scary cave behind, stepping out into the light Shirosu stretched out her limbs and shouted to the sky,"Yes! finally out of that cave!" she turned towards the little girl and asked,"you feeling a little better now?" The little girl nodded and said,"yeah," she glanced back towards the bat cave as Shirosu had mentally dubbed it and said,"i dont want to go near that thing again, those bats are too scary, i'll find some safer places to play later," Shirosu smiled and pet the girls head,"Good, made sure you only play where there are no monsters ok? wouldn't want this to happen again now would you?" the little girl shook her head quickly "no!" Shirosu smiled but it didn't quite reach her ears, she guessed it was a little tragic for some of the poor npc's who's only fate was to be put in the same situation time after time, even if they weren't really aware of anything. 

They walked the small span back to the village where the NPC girls mother was located, she began to weep and cry when she spotted the two approaching. She ran up and grabbed her daughter in a big hug and kept repeating,"you're safe, thank god your safe" Shirosu stood back and let the two emotional NPC's finishes their greeting hugging crying and overall reunion stuff. Finally the NPC mother turned towards Shirosu sand with an unsteady voice," I can't thank you enough, she's my world, how did it go, did you have much trouble?" the women asked, with a smile Shirosu recounted the different mobs she had encountered in the cave and how she had treched through both paths to find the lost child, the women nodded after her tale was complete and with a smile said,"Thank you for saving her" her voice turned a little stricter,"I'll make sure this little stinker never goes near their again" the shild let out a squeak and Shirosu laughed," dont be to hard on her, she is a child, one day shes have children of her own to make mistakes, and happy i could help" with that she got the quest complete notfication and continued on her merry way.