[PP-NK-F1] Uprising of a New Healer (Cygnus)

Kasier sighed. It was good that food was not a necessity in this game. If there was indeed a hunger bar, her bar would probably already dropped below zero onto the solid percentage of negative numbers. Kasier was in a sad state due to the fact that she was just starting the game and she was way too scared of fighting monsters out there on the great plains. In addition, if she did have the power to kill those mobs for loot and drops, she would probably be way too nice to finish them off. In the end, it would just be a waste of time since she would've just let them go alive. Kasier had a personality that was exactly opposite to the personality needed for a player to have success in this game of Swords Art Online. Hence, when she was given a choice of skill, she did not go for a weapon skill... Instead, she chose a healing skill so she can heal others instead of fighting others. This way, she would be able to support the community of Swords Art Online without actually having to kill a single monster with her own hands and that was all that mattered. Anything had its own life and to her, it was wrong to take away the life of another person or monster whether they are NPC, pixels, or actual players. Blame it on Kasier's personality... But let's be honest... She will probably never, ever become a great damage dealer. Her life in Aincrad is to be devoted to healing others and that is what she will do as she strives to become a good healer, helping others and providing them with what they didn't have. Still, for now, she was just sitting by herself on a park bench when her stomach growled in protest despite it being a virtual world. "Geez.... I'm hungry." She said, not knowing what to do to relieve her of this virtual hunger.

Cygnus was in the middle of a stroll through the Town of Beginnings. Though he had moved on to other floors, he always liked to come back to this area. It was familiar, and that comforted him. He felt like he could relax best here. He had spent so much time around town when he first started out that he knew this place like the back of his hand. He was currently headed to one of his favorite spots; a park near the center of town. He had a specific bench in mind as well, where he would take naps when he went out for a stroll. He approached his usual bench, but noticed a girl sitting in it. She was garbed in the starter clothing. A newbie, by the looks of it. He walked up to her and bowed respectfully. "A good day to you, miss. Mind if I join you?" If he was given permission, he would sit down. "I like this place. It always seems peaceful. Forgive me if this is inappropriate, but I can't help but notice your lack of gear. You're just starting out, huh?"

Kasier sighed, eyeing the environment around her. The weather was absolutely perfect. There was absolutely no clouds in the sky, allowing the sun to shine to its fullest potential. She had heard that every floor had its own unique weather and the first floor was probably always like this. She had really never looked outside the free inn that she had locked herself in until up to when she exited the inn to join the world. She admired the world greatly and when a sudden breeze came along, it seemed like the trees were dancing with the beat of the wind and the grass was jumping to the tune of the bird's singing. It was a pretty sight - beautiful almost and Kasier couldn't help but stare at the scenery that unfolds in front of her. While the rest of floor one was completely over-populated and noisy, this was the one place that wasn't. This was a peaceful place, available to anyone who is willing to take a rest from grinding stats and actually admire the beauty of this game. Indeed, fighting isn't everything in a game, but rather, graphics were something just as important. It was then that Kasier heard someone from next to her who bowed in respect. Of course, Kasier had really never been bowed to hence she immediately stood up in panic. After some hesitation of what to do, Kasier decided that she would bow as well to greet the mysterious man. "Uhm... Uh, yes. Uh, good day to you too, sir." She said, adapting a professional tone since the man had decided to use quite the professionalism with her as well. "Erm, of course! Feel free to sit with me. And yes, I am quite the newbie. I did actually just start and I'm trying to get a lot of skill points so I can level up faster and maybe reach the front lines to help others. Oh wait, my name is Kasier and I'm pleased to meet you!"

Cygnus began to feel a little bit uncomfortable when Kasier got very formal with him. He felt like he was in another awkward meeting of high society back home. He shook off the feeling and smiled at her,leaning back in the bench. "If you're looking to grow, I can help with that. I wouldn't be where I am today without the kindness of strangers, so I like to pay it forward." He looked over at her. "We can go outside the city and hunt if you would like. I can protect us both. Just stay behind me and you'll be fine." He paused and looked up at the sky. "Or we can just take a rain check on that and just sit here and chat. It's up to you." He seemed more relaxed now as he stretched his arms and yawned. "I could go either way. It's a nice day out. Perfect relaxation conditions." He closed his eyes as a cool breeze washed over his face.

Kasier smiled when the brown-haired man offered her two choices. Basically, they were either going to spend the day out there on the fields fighting boars or chilling on the park bench, feeling the light breeze on their faces and relax for the day. As appealing as the second option sounds, she really needed some experience on the fields. Considering how long she had been in the game, she really hadn't done that much in terms of material gathering or Col gathering. When balancing her choices, the more productive choice was the choice that requires a lot more effort. Rather than just sitting down, she decided that with the man comes the opportunity of hunting out on the fields where she hasn't been that much. Perhaps after a few hours of hunting, the two might come back and have a quick lunch or something to converse and get to know each other. It sounded like a great plan. Kasier spoke as the breeze flows across Kasier's face, allowing her smooth, black hair to flow in the air as she looked at the male player next to her. "Well, it would be nice to get out there on the fields and fight some mobs... I'll heal you if you get damaged. Maybe after a few mobs, we can come back and have lunch from the Col that we get as loot," Kasier said, smiling at the player, "But, uhm, you still haven't told me your username yet." She finished, standing up and getting ready to head to the exit of the starting town so they can begin the mob fighting quickly. If the male player decides to stay with her until night, she wouldn't mind stargazing with him for a while.

Cygnus opened his eyes and his cheeks turned slightly pink at the mention of having lunch. He hadn't had lunch with a girl in a very long time. Not since Miki. He almost panicked and began to consider turning her down, but he was snapped out of it by her saying that he never told her his username. He stood immediately, bowing apologetically. "Forgive me, miss. It's Cygnus." He couldn't believe he forgot to introduce himself. That was etiquette 101. He had gotten far too lax since he came here. He thanked his lucky stars he was far away from his instructor's ruler and straightened his posture again. With a smile, he gestured for her to follow him. "Come on. I know a good spot." He led her out of the southernmost exit of the Town of Beginnings.

They began walking through the fields after that. He gestured around to the boars that littered the area. "Boars," he stated simply, "these are your standard mobs. Great for lower-level players. One can be deadly for the ill-equipped, unfortunately, so get some gear and some XP first if you were thinking about fighting them on your own." He looked back at her. "We won't be fighting these, however. We're gonna go for something just a little more challenging." He grinned. "I saw a giant bird-like mob spawn in the forests one time. I was too low level to handle it before, but maybe I can now. Like I said, just stay behind me. I'll make sure you'll be okay. I have a Greater Damage Mitigation potion on me if it gets too hairy for you, but we shouldn't need it as long as you keep your distance." As they walked, Cygnus opened up his menu and sent Kasier a party invite. It would be easier for her to track his health that way.

Kasier shrugged as the male player didn't seem very eager to share a lunch with her. Being her innocent self, she didn't see what was wrong with her inviting him for lunch. Just the other day, she literally fed ice cream to a male player using her own spoon. Judging from what the player said, it seemed like he knew pretty much what was on the first floor. According to him, he knew of a good location which was southeast from the <<Town of Beginnings>> that served as a good spot for players to grind for Col and EXP. As they walked, the man talked about how Kasier could get better and grind for more XP if she wanted to get out there solo and fight mobs. Unfortunately, Kasier would never do that. She couldn't even hurt a fly... How could she be expected to hurt something like a cute boar? The last few times that she saw a boar, she had to refrain herself from going over and petting it. "Geez! You sure know a lot about this game!" Kasier said, looking up at the man as she followed him. "I guess these boars are pretty common then... I heard that they are pretty much slimes compared to other games. And also.... I really wouldn't want to get out here and fight boars on my own. If I were to do that... It would be more likely that I heal a boar than actually fighting it." She said, playing with her fingers in embarrassment. Indeed, Kasier was someone that supports the idea of peace and would never ever pull out her sword willingly unless she has to. In the future, she would need a sword with high stuns so she can prevent the mobs from hurting her friends but at the moment, she didn't need to worry about it. As the man sent her a party request, she happily clicked on the accept button and followed the man, wondering what these bird-like mobs looked like.

Cygnus chuckled nervously and blushed with embarrassment when Kasier  complimented his knowledge of the game. He wasn't sure he knew a lot, but he had been here long enough and had enough people help him to where he learned some things someone starting out might find useful. He was happy to get a chance to pay forward the favors done for him. Honestly, he found it almost adorable that she was more likely to heal a boar than fight one. They were data, just some ones and zeroes that looked like a boar . It would respawn when killed anyway, but he admired this girl's gentle soul. It seemed she really was fit for a healer role. He smiled and looked over at her. It appeared she was embarrassed to admit that.  "Being gentle is nothing to be ashamed of, Kasier ." He decided to try and make her feel a little better about having admitted that.

"I wasn't a fighter either when I first came to Aincrad. I remember how nervous I was before my first battle." He chuckled to himself. "Anyway, I guess my point is, you have nothing to be ashamed of. You'll find your way." As Cygnus said that, he spotted the entrance to one of the forested areas. It looked to be just the place he was looking for. A few boars stood in the way, however. Four in total. He looked back at Kasier . "Let's get a warm up in. Get you your first taste of what you'll be doing. I don't think i'll need to be healed, but stand ready. Anything can happen." It occurred to him then that he didn't even ask if she was ready. Sure, he'd be doing the fighting, but being around combat when you're not used to it might be a little intimidating. He could just take them out quickly with a Sword Art. It might be better that way. With a smirk, he looked back at Kasier, giving her a thumbs up. "Watch this."

He drew Gavel from her sheath and sprung into action quickly, not even hesitating. He executed his cheapest AoE Sword Art, Eruption. He pivoted on his heel, his body making several rotations as his razor-sharp, silvery blade cut the mobs to ribbons like they were made of wet tissue paper. As they exploded in a brilliant shower of blue pixels, Cygnus looked back at his party member. "Sword Arts." He said simply and sheathed his sword, dismissing the loot menu after transferring half of what they found to his party member. "Hold onto those by the way. May be useful if you take a profession. If not, some accept them as a form of payment for goods and services. Two won't get you much though. We'll find more."

Spoiler

B A T T L E

ID# 64143

Cygnus uses Sword Art: Eruption! BD: 8 (Hit!)

Cygnus HP: 36/36

Cygnus Energy: 3/9

Cygnus Hate: 0

Boar A HP: 0/13

Boar B HP: 0/13

Boar C HP: 0/13

Boar D HP: 0/13

Turn Log

Cygnus -6 Energy

Boar A, B, C, D -18 HP [DEAD]

Statblock

Rugged Boar

Hp: 13

Damage: 5

Mitigation: 3

Post-Battle Report

LD: 2 (No Extra Loot!)

Found 4 Materials!

2 Materials transferred to Kasier!

Edited by Cygnus

Kasier smiled when the man said that there was nothing wrong with her method of playing the game. However, even if Kasier wanted to change her way of playing this game, there was no way that her personality would allow her to do so. She was simply to naive and innocent. However, soon enough, Cygnus suggested the idea of warming up and Kasier did like the idea quite a bit. With a sigh, she followed Cygnus into combat. Despite being only weak boars, she was feeling quite anxious about fighting them. However, she was comforted when Cygnus informed her that all she had to do was stand behind him and prepare to heal in case the man was injured... Which he stated was quite difficult. Basically, she wouldn't have to do anything here and she was pretty much told to just watch and learn... Something that she would gladly do. With a nod, she backed away, preparing to heal when the situation calls for it. When the man held out his thumb, so did she with her eyes staring straight ahead in support and confidence that the victory would be theirs. Soon enough, the man pulled out his swords and slashed the four boars at the same time with a sword art. This was the first time that she had seen an AoE sword art and she had to be honest... She was rather impressed with what it could do. With just one simple slash, the man was able to defeat four boars at the same time, receiving four materials which she soon learned to be useful in profession and shopping. "Well... I am planning on becoming a cook in a few days so I'll definitely be using this material and putting it to good use. Thanks a lot for sharing the loot though... I really didn't do anything to defeat those boars. Anyway... Let's continue on? How about we go and defeat some of those bird mobs that you talked about earlier? I'm sure that you would be able to defeat them just as easily as these boars." She said... Considering the fact that the man literally one-shot four boars at the same time with a sword art that she thought to be completely over-powered.

"Hm?" Cygnus gave Kasier a confused look when she thanked him for sharing the loot. Cygnus was a nice guy by nature, so it was just a given for him to split the loot with a party member. She would be healing him after all. That, and she would need it far more than he would. The warrior simply smiled, giving Kasier a "Sure, you're welcome. I'm happy to help. Just pay it forward." He wanted to start the chain reaction of kindness. He thought on a conversation he had with Emblem, where he said that the best and worst of humanity revealed itself in this situation. He was determined to continue this. He wanted everyone to work together. For the good nature of humanity to win out against the bad. That was their best chance to get out of this alive. At least, that's what Cygnus thought. 

So, Kasier continued walking. The first boar battle, or warm-up of the day had been a successful... Not to mention, easy one. The day was already a productive one since Kasier had obtained two materials in which she may use to make food items when she opens up her shop. In addition, she might also have a use for materials in order to purchase some equipment for herself as well. Soon enough, she will be able to buy her first perfect equipment which will definitely help her out in her quest of becoming a good healer that will contribute to the players in the front lines who are fighting their hardest to release the people of Aincrad from this virtual prison. As they walked, front liners were probably up there doing as much work as they possibly can to prepare for the next floor boss be it fighting mobs and creating items to ensure that they have the best chances of defeating the next boss. Still, she was far from being able to reach the front lines. She had a long way and hence, she needed to train hard... Train her healing. "Awesome! Thanks!. By the way, I'm gonna add you as a friend so I can contact you if I need some DPS action. Or if you ever need a healer to go with you to a hard dungeon or something." Kasier said, hurrying her pace as she opened her virtual menu which floated right in front of her head. With a smile, she clicked a few buttons and sent the friend request to the male player. It was then that she saw a group of boars in the distance. "Okay. How about a fight with those boars and then we can go and have lunch in the safe zone?" Kasier asked, wondering if the man was hungry after a day of walking and talking.

Cygnus looked down at his HUD when Kasier sent him a friend request. Come to think of it, he wasn't sure anyone had sent him a friend request before. He was usually the one to instigate that sort of thing. He smiled and gladly hit the "Accept" button, however. "You have a deal. I'll give you a hand whenever you need it. We need some healers. We're sorely lacking in that department." He chuckled, stopping when Kasier pointed out the small group of three boars, suggesting they finish things there and then head back to town and get that lunch they discussed. His cheeks went pink again, but he nodded and stood up straight. "Yes, that would be capital. I know a good place too." He held his sword at the ready and narrowed his eyes at the boars. "I don't have enough energy for a Sword Art, so i'm going to just take them out the old fashioned way. You got my back?" The warrior looked back at his party member and smiled.

The question was rhetorical, more meant as a word of encouragement. He charged forward at the boars after that, swinging his blade at one of them. The creature noticed Cygnus coming and ducked under his blade as it rammed him with its massive tusks. The others soon followed and began ramming Cygnus with their tusks. Luckily, the brunette warrior's  armor served well to protect him, taking only the minimum amount of damage. 

Spoiler

BD: 4 (Miss)

MD: 8 (Hit)

Cygnus HP: 36/39 [Action: Attack]

Energy: 1/8

Rugged Boar A HP: 19/19 [Action: Attack]

Rugged Boar B HP: 19/ 19 [Action: Attack]

Rugged Boar C HP: 19/19 [Action: Attack]

Statblock

Rugged Boar

Hp: 19

Damage: 5

Mitigation: 5

Edited by Cygnus

ID: 64335
CD: 8
<<First Aid>> Activated

Kasier smiled when the man seemed to have accepted her friend request without any hesitation. The man was willing to accept her as a friend and that was quite important for someone who liked to be social and interact with other players. "Have fun with the old fashioned way." Kasier said with a smile, knowing fully well that no matter what the man used, he would definitely be able to take out the boars... Even if it takes a while. Indeed, the man had taken out four boars at the same time, something that she had never seen to this date during her time in Aincrad. With her eyes eagerly looking forwards, she could see the man charging forwards with his sword out, prepared to strike when he was close enough to his opponents. With one slash, Kasier couldn't believe that the man missed. However, she soon realized that it was normal. Even the best of the best will miss sometimes... It was a given really. There was no way for a player to hit all the time and sometimes, they would miss. This was the luck based system in this game. "Don't worry about that miss... I'm sure you can do it!" Kasier said as she walked up and placed her hands on the man's back, activating her <<First Aid>> ability, she was able to heal some health back for Kasier. Her healing powers were weak at the moment though.

Spoiler

HP List:
Cygnus: 37/39 (+1)
   Energy: 1/8
Kasier: 16/16
   Energy: 4/4

Enemies:
Rugged Boar A: 19/19
Rugged Boar B: 19/19
Rugged Boar C: 19/19

Edited by Kasier

Cygnus felt the warmth of Kasier's First Aid Skill flow into him, restoring a bit of his lost HP. "Thanks. I owe you one. I'm gonna try to hold them off until I regain my energy, then finish them with a Sword Art. These guys are a little tougher than I thought." He chuckled nervously, preparing to fend off the onslaught to come. "I should be okay until then, but keep ready." He leaped back into the fray, taking strikes from all sides. His HP dwindled down a few points under the critical damage the boars were able to inflict on him. He held his ground, however, and kept an eye on his energy bar as it began to refill. Come on... come on... He wasn't too worried. He had some healing potions should things go amiss. He'd rather save them, but he'd use them if he had to. It was better to be out a potion or two than to be dead.

Spoiler

B A T T L E

ID# 64446

Cygnus is waiting! (+1 Energy)

Rugged Boar A, B, and C attack! MD (Critical!)

Cygnus HP: 34/39

Cygnus Energy: 2/8

Rugged Boar A HP: 19/19

Rugged Boar B HP: 19/19

Rugged Boar C HP: 19/19

Turn Log

Cygnus +1 Energy

Cygnus -3 HP

Edited by Cygnus

"Owe me one? What... For that one health I just recovered? I need to be able to recover a lot more health for people if I am to help people escape this world. With the current rank that my skill is at the moment, I can barely do anything. It's turning out to be frustrating." Kasier said, backing up so she doesn't personally involve in combat with the boars. These brown creatures were cruel and powerful. They may look tiny and absolutely worthless, there's absolutely no underestimating these mobs. They charge at players like there is no tomorrow and when players attack them, they quickly jump out of the way, avoiding any possible damage that might be dealt to them. In summary, they were just pesky creatures that no players ever want to deal with. With a sigh, Kasier watched as all three attacked the player at the same time... Immediately bringing his health right back down. If the attacks keep on coming, the man's life might actually be in danger from three boars. It's ok. It's ok. She thought, trying to comfort herself so she doesn't mess up this heal. Alright... I hope I don't fail here. She thought, walking forwards and placing her hand once more on the brown-haired man before attempting to activate her <<First Aid>> skill.

ID: 64475
CD: 10

Fortunately, she was able to heal the man. It was just a little health but hopefully it might make a difference. The man was lacking energy and she really hoped that he wouldn't be hurt too much while he regained the energy that he needed to kill the boars. "Alright... Just keep holding out the attacks... You can do it!" She said, mouthing a word of encourage. 

Spoiler

HP List:
Cygnus: 35/39 (+1)
   Energy: 2/8

Enemies:
Rugged Boar A: 19/19
Rugged Boar B: 19/19
Rugged Boar C: 19/19

Edited by Kasier

Cygnua grunted as the Boars struck him with another rush of critical blows. He stood his ground, however, keeping a close eye on his HP bar. He would use some of his healing potions if anything went amiss. He calculated the damage the boars were doing and tried to figure out if he could last until he could use his Eruption Sword Art. If his calculations were correct, he would take a net 6 damage from their blows before he recovered enough Energy to strike. He held up against the onslaught, waiting for Kasier to heal him again. He  would keep a close on her as she did, however, ready to strike out if need be if the boars came too close to her.

Spoiler

B A T T L E

ID# 64544

Rugged Boar A, B, and C attack! MD (Critical!)

Cygnus HP: 33/39

Cygnus Energy: 3/8

Turn Log

Cygnus +1 Energy

Cygnus -3 HP

Edited by Cygnus

ID: 64545
CD: 8
<<First Aid>> Activated

Kasier sighed. She had watched the boars attack the man with perfect coordination once more. The man was standing strong, making sure that he didn't take too much damage. At the moment, despite the fact that the man's health had been taken down a bit, his life still wasn't in danger at all. Kasier smiled, her eyes looking straight ahead. Although the situation wasn't as perfect as she wanted originally, she was still confident that the man would be able to beat the boars at the same time when he restores enough energy to launch that AoE in which he originally used to kill them all beforehand. For now, she would just carry on with the healing and hopefully, she would be able to make some type of difference in this battle with her healing abilities. Her black hair flew in the wind, causing it to literally fly in the air as she came close to Cygnus once more. With her warm hands placed on his back, she closed her eyes and activated her healing skill once more. When her eyes opened, she realized that she had once again healed some health for the man, recovering exactly one health for him. Even though the amount of healing that she was doing is relevant to nothing, at least she was successfully healing people. Later on, eventually as she masters healing, she will be able to heal a lot more health than she was currently doing. Soon enough, she'll be able to successfully heal people on the front lines and make an impact on this world. "Geez... One health seems so minimal..." She whispered under her breath as she walked back to avoid any action in the battle.

Spoiler

HP List:
Cygnus: 32/39 (+1)
   Energy: 3/8

Enemies:

Edited by Kasier

Cygnus saw his HP bar inch back up when Kasier used her first aid skill on him. It might not be many hit points, but it added up. His Hit point may be much lower now. He heard her mumble about how her healing seemed ineffectual. He would have to give her some more encouragment after this. He tried to dodge and parry attack after attack from the boars, but each one landed solidly. He growled, looking at his Energy bar. "Almost there..." He said through clenched teeth. 

Spoiler

B A T T L E

ID# 64544

Rugged Boar A, B, and C attack! MD 8 (Hit!)

Cygnus HP: 32/39

Cygnus Energy: 4/8

Turn Log

Cygnus +1 Energy

Cygnus +1 HP

Cygnus -3 HP

Edited by Cygnus

ID: 64563
CD: 7

The boars were attacking with absolute fierceness and with an intention to kill. They attacked in perfect coordination and if one hits, the rest hits as well. Dodging their attacks were near impossible as three attacking at once makes it almost impossible to predict these attacks. The man seemed rather calm in this situation, but Kasier was far from being calm. Her healing wasn't doing very well and Cygnus's energy was building up quite slowly.... And he was being attacked and being hit nearly every single time that the boars attempted an attack. The situation wasn't ideal and Kasier didn't appreciate it at all. Once more, she would go closer to Cygnus and attempt to heal him and once more, she was able to do so. However, simply healing one health really wasn't enough. With her current amount of First Aid, she couldn't keep anyone alive and well. I need to become a better healer. She thought, walking away from the man once more and pulling a piece of bread from her inventory to keep her mind distracted. If there ever was any sort of pressure, she would go ahead and eat something. She had found that her appetite was quite large and any single piece of food was really enough to distract her from any situation... Even if it was something as tasteless as a piece of bread. Lunch is out of the question at this point... It's probably way past noon by now. She thought, starting to nibble on the piece of starter bread.

Spoiler

HP List:
Cygnus: 30/39 (+1)
   Energy: 4/8

Enemies:

Edited by Kasier

@Kasier

Cygnus calmly brought his blade up as the boars moved to charge him. Now that he had seen their attacks a few times, he was able to formulate more effective counters. He looked at his Energy bar after this, seeing that it was just barely off from him being able to use his Eruption Sword Art. He looked at Kasier. It appeared she was having a snack. He felt kind of bad for her, just kind of standing there while he was dealing with these mobs. He'd have to make it up to her sometime.

Spoiler

B A T T L E

ID# 64544

Rugged Boar A, B, and C attack! MD 5 (Miss!) [At last lol]

Cygnus HP: 30/39

Cygnus Energy: 5/8

Turn Log