[PP:F13] Madness... No. (Teayre, Baldur, Syn, Vyrtew)

The muramasa tapped against her dark leather boot, squeaking as she entered the thirteenth floor. Her feet crunching heavily against the blood red grass that brushed against her knees. The crimson maiden traverses the wasted plains her eyes darting around constantly watching for any dangers. “ARGH!” She yells her foot lashing out at a nearby tree. A shudder resonates through the tree. She plants her foot back down on the ground before starring as the few remaining leaves glide to the floor. Her voice turning quite she mutters to herself. “I killed someone who would of been like Akarim, that cocky glance she gave me.”  Turning around she sits down her back flush against the trunk of the tree one hand gripping the hilt of the Muramasa. With her free hand Teayre opens up her menu, the screens appearing  quickly. Gazing at it she flickers to her inventory equipping the item she had received from the last hit bonus.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Baldur hated this floor. It was everything wrong with the last several floors made worse. Who the hell comes up with this [censored]? I didn’t realize Kayaba was an emo-teenager. Baldur sighed as he walked through the field of gravestones and dead grass. All over there were corrupted mobs, purple gas leaking from their orifices. He must have been going through a dark time when he came up with these. We need more floors like 11.

Baldur caught the sight of a group of mobs that he could handle and crouched down into position to activate his <<charge>> skill and flew into the group, his spinning slashes making quick work of the group as he examined the loot drop. When he waved the window away, he saw something he hadn’t before. A small girl leaning up against the tree in the distance. Something about her seemed off, and it wasn’t the orange cursor that popped up when he focused his gaze on her.

“Ohayo!” Baldur called out, waving at her from a distance that was too far away for either of them to engage. “Are you alright?” He called out again to the girl.

The white hair fell down across his cheeks. One hand tugging at his hair braid as a ping went off looking down he pressed the buttons to read the message that his red haired client had sent him. Lifting his dagger off the stand in his shop Vyrtew heads to the teleportation pad of floor one. “Teleport Floor 12.” Materializing in the floor he shakes his head as he sees all the npcs praying. Rolling his eyes he types out a reply to Teayre stating that he is on his way. “Right then let’s do this.” As he made his way to the red head’s location he spotted a man in blue. He kept his distance from the mobs as he made his way next to Baldur. “You know her?” he asks.

The white haired girl glared at her brother. “Why’d you have to bring me to this floor! I thought we were going somewhere nice like the hot springs in Snowfrost!” Kicking the decaying ground she lets out a sigh. “No use complaining now.” Her eyes looking around for any mobs, stepping closer to her dagger wielding partner Syn lets out a small breath. Her fingers closing around the hilt of her jagged curved blade. “You’d better not be-” She stops talking as Vyrtew speaks to someone she didn’t know. “He wields a katana… Maybe I can get him to show me a few things.” Looking up past the blue man she spots a very familiar ginger . “TEAYRE!” She squeals before running over to the girl and wrapping her arms around her. Pulling back for a moment Syn looks into the maiden’s eyes standing up she takes a few steps back muttering the following words. “What… What happenned?”

Glancing up the red head looks over to the man who called out to her, her back tightening for a moment. A soft ping went off on her menu as the reply came through from Vyrtew. Dismissing the notification she glances back up, he’d already arrived. “I’m-” Arms wrapped around her. Her right hand made it’s way to the Muramasa, she gripped the blade and a soft purple light began to take hold. As she was released the red head let go of the blade cancelling the sword art. “Syn. Be more careful.” Glaring at the girl she stands. “I’m okay, just. Things have gotten a bit much for me recently.” Turning her head to the white haired boy. “Vyrtew, I want you and your sister to come on a quest with me.” She looked at the man in the traditional japanese dress walking over to him she greets him properly. “I’m Teayre by the way, It’d be nice to have some company on the trip that’s not the pair of brats.”

Before Baldur had a chance to react when he heard this orange player’s name the two of them were ambushed by a pair of players. His thumb had been all that physically reacted, instinctively pushing the blade an inch free of the saya before he saw the green cursors and their apparent friendly demeanor with the orange player. Relaxing for the moment, Baldur looked at the two new players as they informally greeted the red-head, quickly measuring them for skill and hostile intent, but it seemed that these lower leveled players were completely at ease with Teayre. Was this really the infamous orange player that had a bounty on her head? It probably wasn’t the same person, but he would be cautious of the situation anyways.

Trying his best, he offered the assembled players a friendly smile and Baldur gave them each a slight bow of his head.

“My name is Baldur. I didn’t mean to intrude on your party, I just wanted to make sure you were okay, Teayre. It can be dangerous to let your guard down on a floor such as this one.” He looked around at the barren, emo wasteland. “However, I wouldn’t mind company up here as well.”

His dagger was ready to pull out but as the woman he trusted to a degree stood up and took charge the boy let it fall into its sheathe completely. Rolling his head back small pops coming from his neck. He looks at the way the man walked. The way he stood. “He’s jumpy about something… I’m not sure what though.” Letting out a small sigh Vyrtew walks next to his sister sitting on top of the grave she was leaning by. “So what’s this quest? It’d better not take too long, I may have some potions we can use if needed and I’m sure Syn will have some food.”

Edited by Vyrtew

Syn paused for a moment looking over the other player. “Haven’t we met before?” She says cocking her head to one side. Her eyes narrowing for a moment as she scratches her head. “I’m sure we have, in the Starlight Café…” Her voice trailing off the girl shrugs before turning to Teayre. “Brats? I’m not a brat!” the white haired girl begins, sitting down with her back to a gravestone. Playing with a lock of her own hair she watches as Teayre greets him, her heart hammering in her chest as beads of sweat began to form on her face.

“Baldur, it’s a pleasure although I’m sure we’ve met before. Quite some time ago in your shop and mine.” Teayre nodded, “This floor? I’m here often enough, it’s quiet and I’m left alone. Which is nice considering the stigma. It’s not as horrible as people make out, if you can deal with the gloom.The tenth floor is much worse.” Flexing her hands out in front of her the red head turns. Akuma’s Vein making it appear as if deep magenta flames entrenched her. “The quest itself is to find a cathedral, inside there is an Angel of some sort.”  Taking a small breath she continues. “There are several options to this quest. We can heal him up for a reward. We can kill him outright. Or we can wait for him to corrupt.” Grinning, she grips the hilt of the muramasa tightly. “We’re going to be waiting for him to corrupt, after speaking to people who have done this quest. You get the most reward out of doing it this way.”

Baldur regarded the girl with white hair, “Yes, I do remember… I used to frequent the Starlight Cafe, but it had been a long time since I visited. You were there the other day.” Baldur gave her a renewed friendly smile and a slight chuckle when she got so upset over Teayre calling her a brat. His blue eyes moved to Vyrtew, who seemed to be a more collected fellow.

“I glad you two have brought consumables; I didn’t come prepared with any to take on a particularly difficult quest.”

When Teayre mentioned meeting him at his shop, he gave her an apologetic smile, “My apologies, that’s probably true, but it has been a while since my shop has had regular patrons.”

Glancing at those now gathered around, “Someone want to start the group and share the quest with me if you can?”

As the higher level players greeted each other Syn let out a big sigh of relief. Wiping her head on the back of her sleeve she plays with the Blood Rose charm in her hair. “Yeah I was.... It was quite busy then, it’s not been anywhere near that busy since” Her fingers swipe down openning up her menu, “I’ve got a few bits of food, at the moment.” Tapping away at the pop up Syn starts to bring up several items handing them out to people, as they materialised in front of her she sent out a part invitation to the people around her. Taking the sausage roll the girl quickly eats it, smiling as her vision becomes a lot clearer.

Sausage Roll +2 LD consumed

Cheese Straw +1 LD

Steak Slice +3 DMG / - 3 EVA

LD for thread +7

His eyes darting between the two higher level players Vyrtew looks at his sister as a party invite appears on his screen. Swallowing he accepts it. “I’ll see what potions I’ve got.” He mutters opening his menu. His hand moving as it selects his shop inventory. “Here.” He says placing a single safeguard potion and health potion into the pile. Looking at Teayre and then to Syn. “Let’s get this done as quickly as possible.” His fingers gently running along the trim of his dagger he meets the red head’s eyes. “So to get this straight, we either heal him, kill him easy mode, or kill him hard mode. With killing him ‘hard’ mode giving the best rewards?”

Rare T1 Health Potion - Restores 20 Health

Safeguard Potion

Teayre looked at the pile of consumables in front of her and her hand dipped in picking out steak slice before tossing it to Baldur. “Thanks you two, Help yourself Baldur. They’re good crafters if a little inexperienced.” Her words were short, quick to get to the point. Her eyes met Vyrtew’s as his met hers. Listening to what he had to say the red head nodded. “Simply put yes, however there are a fair few dungeons on this floor. I'm planning on us taking one on prior to fighting Tagas. Warming us up so to speak.”

“Baldur.” She says whilst turning to the man, “Can you take the rear guard position when we find a dungeon, I have a feeling a lot of mobs will strike from anywhere in there and I wouldn’t like these two dying on me. Once all the mobs in the dungeon are dead will take the boss and then hopefully we’ll be able to find our lovely friend Tagas.”

Edited by Teayre

Baldur watched the interplay of the small group of friends with a slight smile on his face. There was no way this small red-head was someone who could murder others in cold blood as the info-brokers claimed. Tear was a name that could be spelled and spoken many ways.

Glancing down at the offered consumables, Baldur had to admit he was a bit jealous. He really should have gone on to become an alchemist, but his desire to fill a unique niche had taken over, and he thought that he could provide a valuable service as a Merchant. Little did he knew the folly of that path.

Looking over what was offered, Baldur took the Safeguard potion that he planned to use immediately to help their party out and no more. He would not take advantage of their generosity. Just then, Tear tossed him a <<Steak Sandwich>> to buff his damage. He didn't care for -EVA items, but he would probably need the damage to keep up on this quest.

“Thank you for the help.” Baldur intoned ritualistically as he swallowed the potion.

Turning to Teayre, Baldur nodded his head, “Don’t worry, I’ll keep an eye on our flank.”

Baldur gains Safeguard status

Edited by Baldur

Syn looked around at Teayre, Vyrtew and Baldur. She nods at each of them. “Want me to look when we get the chance?.” Her hands fell to her side as she walked next to her brother. “Keep me safe okay?” she whispers in his ear hugging him, “I trust you.” Sitting down next to him the quiet girl waits for her next set of instructions, her eyes darting left and right as she shivered. “Are we going to be okay?” She began to fidget, this was the first time she had actually had to do something within the game.

His potions laid out in front of him Vyrtew sighs, he hadn’t been able to provide the best haul. “Sorry they’re not the best tasting… Or the best quality.” He mutters, watching as his sister offered to do what she did best. Find things. The boy shook slightly his joints all making a loud audible pop in unison. Letting out a slight gasp he falls to his knees. “I’m… I’m okay.” Suddenly a pair of arms were around his neck and a voice was quiet in his ear, “I trust you.” His twin. The person he valued more than anyone else had told him, she trusted him. Pushing himself back to his feet Vyrtew gazes around for a moment. “I’m all set, I think.”

Teayre takes a deep swig from a flask at her hip, shuddering. “Just to be expected Vyrtew.” She watched Vyrtew fall to his knees and the girl tuts. Turning to Baldur she looks him dead in the eyes. “Listen. If either of those two get so much as a scratch, a few things will be made clear.” Glancing over to the twins she lets out a sigh. “Come on you two, let’s get a move on.” She says to them. Stepping over to where the entrance to the dungeon is she pushes on the door, the crypt creaking open as she takes the first steps down into the swirling madness below them. “What I say. Goes. Got it.” Her voice had changed to one of command. She knew what she wanted and how to get it."

Baldur was surprised when the red-head suddenly slipped into party-leader mode, but he nodded to her threat about keeping them safe while he eat the <<Steak Sandwich>>. She didn’t know him from any other random player, so he imagined in his shoes he would be similarly forceful if he was asking a stranger to watch the backs of people Baldur cherished.

"Don't worry, I understand. I prefer working on teams anyways."

Baldur gains +3 DMG/-3 EVA

Edited by Baldur

The crimson maiden was pressing onwards when she could hear the sound of low groaning coming from a short distance down the tunnel. “These mobs seriously.” Her mind flickered back to the days upon end that mobs harassed the girl in her shop where she would often go out and clear them. Her husband and Oikawa sometimes defending it at night more often than not. Her hand tightened around her katana. “Blood.” She whispers before glaring up her eyes flashing as she shoots forward. The muramasa being drawn and sheathed in the same movement. Four mobs around her dropping to the floor before bursting into pixels.

ID: 64189 BD: 6 (2 + 4 ACC) CD: 10 LD: 19 (17 + 2 LD) MD: 2

Teayre: 189/189 EN: 27/46 Haku Senpu (19 Energy Used) (15+4)*8 = 152 DMG

Aged Human: 0/100 25 MIT = 127 DMG x 4

Loot
4 x Material
4 x Bonus Materials
2000 Col Edited by Teayre

Syn kept close to her brother her eyes flicking from side to side as she breathed slowly and quietly. “Say Baldur… What do you know of the front lines?” She asks brushing a lock of hair out of her eyes. “I’ve been providing Teayre with food since she helped me out with my Earning a Living Quest but she’s never spoken much about what she does outside of helping us…” The white haired girl jumped backwards as a shadow grew suddenly on the wall. “What on earth." Stepping closer to it Syn begins to press the rocks before calling out to the rest of the group. “Guys, there’s a dungeon here.”

ID: 64189 LD: 21 (14 + 7 LD)

Intermediate Dungeon Found

Edited by Syn