[F6-NK-PP] Blazing Flame. (Grave) <<Deforestation>> - Complete

Husky left Amazon Folly on a rather early note. There were a few ingredients located of jungle terrain floors such as the sixth floor that was needed for a recipe he had learned. Treading through the jungle floor, Husky pushed through the foliage, trying to find the right ingredient he was looking for. The Brunette warrior was never a fan of these type of terrain. It's hard to move around, and even harder to navigate. Despite the fact Husky's home located in the center or the Forest of the Wavering Mist, he found navigating through layers of leaves are much harder than navigating through misty forest. Since the layers of foliage ahead blinds him from navigating using the path and trees, Husky was having a difficult time finding his path.

However, while walking through the place, Husky noticed something strange. A path of blazing fire tread through the jungle. Flame roaring through the tree top, eating away the greenery of the place, leaving behind a pathway of charred wood and burned leaves. "This is very odd." Husky asked himself, wondering what devastation had happened at this place. Then, he heard a thunderous roar. Treading on the burning path, a massive tiger, fur colored of charred coal, eyes as red as a fire, mouth huffing with clouds of fiery smokes. Husky had thought about facing the tiger head on, but facing a boss by himself isn't a good idea, since he haven't had much information about what the boss is capable of. Wandering back to Amazon Folly, the Brunette warrior tried to find a lead for the Fiery tiger. Sitting in the square of the village, surfing through the list of quest, Husky finally found the quest associate with the boss. 

Edited by Husky

I sipped on the wine I had purchased from a quite nice winery on the Sixth Floor, peering at the page in my hand and rocking back and forth. "Byakko, huh? Sounds dangerous... and I feel like I do not want to take the bastard on alone..." I muttered to myself, trying to make out the blurry, hazy picture included on the page; what seemed like fire blazed in the photo and covered up whatever shape of the creature existed. "Maybe I could-" I was about to say, beginning to peer around, when I noticed a player talking to the Quest NPC I had received the information from. With a grin, I downed the last dregs of my wine and placed the glass, and a Col tip, on the table as I left the winery.

I approached the player and the Questgiver, speaking up quite abruptly. "Interested in the quest too?" I asked the player, waving the poster around. "If you want, I was looking for someone to tackle the bastard with."

Husky sought out the Quest NPC, who he offered his hand on defeating the monster and stop it from burning the whole jungle to a crisp. Just after he had finished and started the quest, the Brunette was startled when the newly met stranger approached and greeted him. "Oh... Ah, yes. I found where the boss was in the jungle, so I have to do some investigation before going in, just to be safe." Husky spoke, nodded at the stranger's question. Inspecting the man, there's something familiar yet odd about him, whom he never met before.

"If you don't mind, may I ask... Are you a Martial Art user?"  Husky put his finger just below his mouth, questioning on the fact that whoever he is, the stranger had no real weapon on him, at least not that Husky know of. Even dagger user usually have their weapon strapped to the leg, or the handle coming out just beneath the belt line. However, the man have nothing on him; still, he wore a pair of gloves. 

My eyes opened wide; this guy had seen the creature?! "Really, you found it?! What did it look like?" I asked excitably, eager to hunt this thing already. "Ehem... sorry, got a bit ahead of myself there. My name is Grave." I introduced myself, holding my hand out to the player. Somehow, he deduced that I was a Martial Arts user; not many were able to figure that out after a small skim over. "Oh, a keen eye you have there!" I complimented the player with a grin. "Yes, I am, in fact I am the only Martial Arts Grandmaster in Aincrad." I boasted with an even wider smile... then I realised he also had no weapon on him, likely the same way he discovered my own skill. "Ah... you are a Martial Artist as well, correct?" I asked, quite eager to find out that somebody else may be following the same path as myself.

"Husky, pleasure to meet you." Husky gave a friendly and confident smile, took the handshake and introduced himself. "As for the boss, it's like a tiger, but twice as big as the usual ones in real life. The whole body is coated with a dark charred wood color. It have red eyes, and from what I remember, its mouth was puffing with large clouds of smoke. There's a trail of burned leaves and trees along its path, and that was where I last saw the boss. I didn't want to engage the beast right away, or at least not until I get some information of it." The Brunette warrior described what he remembered when he first encountered the boss. It seemed to be a very formidable opponent. 

While the two continued on back tracking to where the fiery trail was located, Husky was surprised to see another fellow martial art user, not to mention someone that Grand Mastered the skill as well. "That's very impressive of you; and yes, I'm a Martial Art user as well. It's rare for me to see another Martial Art user." Husky said in awed. Maybe he could learn a few things or two from Grave.

• 3 weeks later...

"Well met, Husky." I replied to the other player as I shook his hand firmly. "Giant tiger that looks like a walking firepit, got it." I said with a grin, proud of myself for simplifying the boss like that. "Huh, should make it easy to track the bastard then, if he has left a trail of destruction in his wake." I concluded, scratching my chin; this would be an interesting fight. "Understandable. I do not think we can get much more information than we have, though, so it would be best if we just bum-rush it and hope for the best." I suggested my usual go-to tactic, cracking my knuckles with a grin.

I followed Husky towards the location he had discovered the beast, talking about Martial Arts as we went. "Beautiful, I do not like the lack of love the skill receives; it is very rewarding in party fights." I said, before sighing. "... but it is nowhere near as good in solo fights. Too much energy usage, too many stun skills. No one to cover you while you regenerate your energy." I pointed out the cons of our skill and sighed again. "I would like to ask, what rank are you in Martial Arts?" I asked Husky, wondering how far off he was from me.

• 2 months later...

"I see. I could tell that you've had a lot of experiences in these subject." Husky paid close attention to Grave's descriptive analysis on his tactics of on taking the boss down, as well as the pros and cons of being a Martial Artist. "To be brutally honest. I only want to fight with my hands because I don't feel comfortable around weapons like swords or spears. I would have never thoughts of weapons advantages or such. Those are simply not my cup of tea." The man shrugged, continued down the jungle path, retracing his path to the location where the blazing tiger rest.

It wasn't long for both of them to find the Boss monster. Byakko, it's name was visibly seen just aside form it's head, on top of three green health bar. Sneaking behind a fallen tree trunks, the two Marial artist player crept their way toward the boss, while hoping that they aren't revealed. "On your call, we'll both strike them." Husky gave his newly met companion a nod, reassuring their tactic. If both rush at the Tiger the same time, it's attention will be devided, give both of them the much needed window to unleash another wave of attack, before it could response.

• 2 weeks later...

Husky mentioned his lack of comfort with weapons other than his own two hands. "Ah, I see." I agreed with a nod. "Well, it is good to know in the case that you must fight against another player, that way you know the strengths and weaknesses of the enemy's weapon." I explained with a smile, having done PvP on a couple occasions myself. I continued to follow Husky through the forest towards the boss...

And there he was, blazing in all his glory, creating an image more of a flaming volcano than a firepit, as I had imagined initially. "Woah..." I sighed in amazement and ducked behind a tree beside Husky. "Alright, just going to equip my gear." I told him and swished my hand across the white and gold menus, dragging my amulet, armour and newly made gauntlets onto the mannequin on my status page. In a flash of white, I was covered in a hulking white suit of armour, styled like a white dragon, with black claw-like gauntlets under the 'sleeves' and a large amulet hanging around my neck. The crimson orbs upon my shoulders and in my chest flashed viciously and I grinned underneath the ivory helmet. "Let us do this." My voice rang out metallic and somewhat scratchy, a tone befitting of the armour. I swiftly wheeled around the tree and confronted Byakko, his name and health bars popping up beside him as I approached.

His searing eyes burned holes into me, and it was hard not to turn from the glare; it was a pity I had forgotten to bring my Snowfrost with me. I shook my head, the tail-like appendage attached to the back rattling, and rushed towards Byakko, charging with my fists low to the ground. I was going to initiate with my second-most powerful Sword Art; Falcon Jab, and-

But he was too quick.

Before I could even fall into position to begin the Sword Art, Byakko had leaped over my head in a single bound and lashed at me with a blazing claw, striking my armour and knocking me across the forest. "Crap!" I shouted as I quickly anchored myself, staring up at my HP; he had dealt very little damage, and what is more - I was already healing at a rapid rate.

ID: 70826 | BD: 3 | MD: 8

60 - 36 = 24 DMG to Grave

+18 Regen, +5 Battle Healing

Party
Grave: 559/560 HP (He essentially did 1 damage XD) | 54/56 EN | D: 12 | M: 36 | Rec: 2 | CC: 1 | Reg: 18 | BLD: 24 | BH: 5 
Husky: ???

Enemies
Byakko: 150/150 HP | D: 60 | M: 40 | Critical Special: Burn - Half of damage dealt is burn damage

Edited by Grave

Seeing Grave rushing forward, Husky took his time going around the trees. While the man is taking up the attention of the scorching beast, he should be able to sneak up behind and throw out his own attack. Watching carefully on Grave's move, as well as the Tiger's fighting pattern, Husky analyzing over the battle, trying to find any weakness. Before the Warrior could even get into position, the beast has leaped out of the way, resetting Husky's path. 

"Damn it." The warrior cursed under his breath. Being strategic is no longer an option, now that the Byakko is so far away. Husky saw his chance. One of the tree fallen has created a ramp perfect for an aerial attack. Running full speed, along with his trusty companion, both launched himself in the air, his gauntlets glowing in bright red, as Husky came down with a thunderous clash. Woofles had also activated his ability, marking the Boss's weaknesses, as his master fought the beast. The <<Acupuncture>> Sword art was activated, Husky had a clear shot toward the mark. His gauntlet connect with the Tiger's snout, dragging the whole monster down, before connecting two more hit, both aimed at the weak point just below its jaw. 

"Got it!" Husky cried out, before leaping back, letting Grave continued his works.

ID: 70879
BD: 8+1 (Hit!)

Grave: 559/560 HP | 54/56 EN | D: 12 | M: 36 | Rec: 2 | CC: 1 | Reg: 18 | BLD: 24 | BH: 5 
Husky: 320/320 HP | 22/32 EN | D: 10 | M: 30 | THR: 14 | ACC: 1 | HM: 1 |

V.S

Byakko: 100/150 HP | D: 60 | M: 40 | ( -((10 *Acupuncture: 3x3) -40 MIT) = -50 DMG)

• Critical Special: Burn - Half of damage dealt is burn damage
Edited by Husky

I watched Husky leap from a well-found flanking position, leaping into the fight with one of my personal favorite Sword Arts, <<Acupuncture>>. "Good job!" I shouted at Husky as he struck the blazing creature, a large chunk disappearing from the semi-circular green bar beside the monster's head. Now, though, Byakko's focus would be on Husky, which I shone a wry grimace at. "Alright, come get some!" I challenged the tiger, rushing headlong at him-

But he simply leaped above my head height and pressed his searing paws against the back of my white armor, using me as a springboard to launch himself at Husky. Tumbling to a stable position, I watched as Byakko tackled Husky to the ground, sending red pixels flying from his body. "Get off him you ass!" I cursed the tiger and charged the tiger, grappling it from behind and tossing it aside with a heavy huff. I reached down to my friend to help him out. "You alright?" I asked with a smile.

+1 EN

ID: 70932 | BD: 4 | MD: 8 | CD: 9

+2 Recovery EN

+5 Battle Healing

60 - 30 = 30 DMG to Husky + 14 Thorns to Byakko

Party
Grave: 560/560 HP | 54/56 EN | D: 12 | M: 36 | Rec: 2 | CC: 1 | Reg: 18 | BLD: 24 | BH: 5 
[H: 1] Husky: 290/320 HP | 22/32 EN | D: 10 | M: 30 | THR: 14 | ACC: 1 | HM: 1

Enemies
Byakko: 86/150 HP | D: 60 | M: 40 | Critical Special: Burn - Half of damage dealt is burn damage

Edited by Grave

Without warning, the gigantic beast pounced over Grave and aimed straight for Husky. It paws slashed down onto the warrior, chipping away part of his armor, as well as his health bar. Pinned against the floor, with both his hand pushed downward, Husky had braced for another attack, but alas, grave came just in time and pushed the Byakko aside. 

"Thanks, love... Appreciate all the assistance." Husky sighed, took Graves' hand and got back up onto his feet, as the tiger regain it composure, readied to retaliate. In the heat of the battle, time almost stopped. The warrior eyed the Tiger's every tiny detail. Its eyes focused onto him, it right paw placed forward, readied to swipe whoever got in the way. The other paw stepped outward, supporting the weight of its entire body. 

"There!" Husky saw his chance. Without a second word, he resume to battle,assuming that Grave was close by. The Brunette Warrior lunged forward with fierce force, his gauntlet shone bright red, the <<Acupuncture>> Sword Art readied. Run toward the Tiger's left side, along with Woofle's help, he struck at the weak point. The punch struck with true might, pushed the tiger off balanced, bringing the beast down onto its side. The next two hit aimed for its head, strike to its eyes and snout, before falling back to a safe distance to avoid any retaliation. Its health bar dropped to the blinking red mark. The warrior was assured that the next hit come from Graves would be the end of the boss. He could only waited for the result.

ID: 71090
BD: 9

Grave: 559/560 HP | 54/56 EN | D: 12 | M: 36 | Rec: 2 | CC: 1 | Reg: 18 | BLD: 24 | BH: 5 (Hate: 0)
Husky: 290/320 HP | 13/32 EN | D: 10 | M: 30 | THR: 14 | ACC: 1 | HM: 1 | (Hate: 2)

V.S

Byakko: 27/150 HP | D: 60 | M: 40 | ( -((11 *Acupuncture: 3x3) -40 MIT) = -59 DMG)

Edited by Husky

We both watched the tiger with careful, piercing eyes, regaining its composure and falling back into a combat-ready position, emitting a low, volcanic growl. We had to find a point when it was unbalanced, when it could not react fast enough to our attack. And Husky found it, watching the tiger step forward with its off-leg and rushing up to it, activating <<Acupuncture>> once more, as I used to do; the Sword Art had decently high damage, at an efficient energy cost. I watched Husky's fists lash the beast again, dragging the once green bar through the yellow and straight into the red.

Husky came back to my side, obviously confident I could finish the battle. Of course, I was just as confident; it was time to show him one of the highest level Sword Arts. While the monster was still regaining its composure, I switched in, my fist raised behind me as if I was going to swing overhead with a haymaker strike. My fist glowed an angry red, and a flame-like effect engulfed my armored fist; the characteristic effect of <<Falcon Jab>>. I quickly lashed forward in a simple yet powerful motion, my gauntlet striking the tiger's head and slamming it against the ground, where it lay motionless for a moment, before shimmering and shattering into polygonal crystals.

I retracted my fist and shook it for a moment, the flame effect dying off. A grey window popped up in my vision, displaying the item I had received from the battle; <<Tiger Rage>>. I dismissed the prompt and opened my inventory, materializing the item. It was a large potion in a grey-black bottle, shaped like a volcanic crystal. Within the bottle swirled a glowing crimson liquid, and it appeared to throw itself against the bottle in an attempt to escape. "Huh, feisty little potion." I mused as I turned around to face Husky. "Well... I guess we win. Shall we turn the quest in?"

+1 EN

ID: 71105 | BD: 9 | MD: 2 | CD: 12 (Missed the link box and clicked the button, sorry)

+2 Recovery EN 

Sword Art Used - Falcon Jab: 12 + 1 x 1 x 10 - 40 = 130 - 40 = 90 DMG to Byakko, Bleed Applied (10 EN - Finesse)

Party
Grave: 560/560 HP | 46/56 EN | D: 12 | M: 36 | Rec: 2 | CC: 1 | Reg: 18 | BLD: 24 | BH: 5 
[H: 1] Husky: 290/320 HP | 13/32 EN | D: 10 | M: 30 | THR: 14 | ACC: 1 | HM: 1

Enemies
Byakko: -63/150 HP | D: 60 | M: 40 | Critical Special: Burn - Half of damage dealt is burn damage

LD: 18 = +1 Mat, <<Tiger Rage>> (Received at end of thread)

Edited by Grave

Just as he had anticipated, the boss didn't stand a chance. After Grave final attack, it had shattered to million of tiny pixels, and with the "Congratulation" text box appeared just after the boss died signified the battle is over, Husky could finally relax, and recollected his composure. "Nice work!" The warrior tap on Grave's shoulder, congratulated him for the successful punch before continued, agreed to his partner's suggestion of returning to town.

The way back was somewhat shorter, now that they've learned the way back, as well as Husky now learned how to use the navigation system in his minimap. All they have to do, was to follow the trails, and soon, they're back in Amazon Village. 

That poor cat had not lasted long at all. We both did immense damage with the Martial Arts Sword Arts, that it just couldn't keep up. I felt Husky tap my shoulder and I grinned under the draconic helmet, giving him the thumbs up. I peered at his health bar around his head height and noticed it was still slightly low, and I gasped. "Hey, hold still for a sec." I grasped his shoulder gently and placed a gauntleted hand to his chest, willing the <<First Aid>> skill to activate. I felt it trigger, but I knew there was only a chance it would work. I watched his health bar stay where it was, only occasionally topping itself up from his passive out-of-combat healing. "Damn, was hoping I could get you back to max quicker, better to be topped up in case something happens, right?" I released my hands from his chest and shoulder and sighed, disappointed I still had yet to successfully use the <<First Aid>> skill.

The trail we followed was familiar and much easier to trek than before, thankfully having a more downhill decline than to the Quest. "So, what do you say we have a drink to celebrate our victory and our friendship?" I asked with a grin, patting the player on the back as the jungle echoed with the clunking of my armour.

ID: 71266 | CD: 4

Edited by Grave

When Graves had failed to heal Husky back up, the man could only shrugged. Husky had not expected that someone like Grave would ever learned such move, but nonetheless, he shrugged those thoughts away. Maybe it's just something to use in emergencies, when someone need to. Either way, it's not something he should have an opinion on. "Ah. Thanks for your assistance. I will be quite fine. Need not to worry about me, I can take care of myself just fine." Husky smiled, thanking Grave for his effort.

However, when Graves mentioned about grabbing a drink, an idea pop up in Husky's head. Maybe this could be an opportunity to introduce the guy to his tavern, promoting the place. Business inside a moody and misty forest are always slow. Having someone come by time after time would help, as well as keeping Husky busy on task. "Hey, since you want to go out for a drink. How about you come over to my place. I own a tavern up in the outer rims of the town in the third floor, waiting for a customer. Maybe you can swing by and grab a drink time after time." He suggested, as the two arrived back to Amazon. "Maybe we could get ourselves a drink there as well."

I nodded to my fellow Martial Artist with a smile and began to sweep through my inventory, the interface ringing melodically as I unequipped the steel covering my body, disappearing in a flash of light and dainty particle effects, leaving me in my somewhat Gothic-looking coat... why did I always wear long clothes in that bloody jungle? The adrenaline of the moment took my mind off the heat, but after removing my armour I quickly realized how stuffy it had been within.

Husky suggested going to his tavern and I grinned widely. "Oh, you own a tavern?" I queried, rubbing my palms together. "If that is the case, sure thing! But I would like to ask, does that mean that you are a cook?" I asked Husky, tilting my head, wondering how much more we had in common. First Martial Arts, a weapon skill rarely seen, then possibly cooking, a rare profession? It would be an amazing discovery. I began to wonder what kind of drinks he had... maybe I could show him a few of my own tricks that he could use for his drinks, and he could teach me some skills for my alcoholic items? I could not stop thinking about the crafting wisdom we would share together.

Edited by Grave
  • 2 weeks later...

"Well, I'm not that good of a cook. There're many other things that I must learn to become a higher ranked cook, but yes, I am a cook." Husky calmly replied, a smile grew on his face. He could tell that Grave is excited at the news when he informed that he own a tavern. His voice changed all the sudden. His head shifted to aside in curriosity. His posture is different, and even leaning forward at that.  "Maybe the man's also a cook, or he just enjoy some good food. If he is indeed a cook, we have a lot more in common than I expected." Husky formulate his thought.

"If I'm not wrong, maybe you're a cook as well?" The brunette asked, his hand placed just under his chin. Chuckled slightly, Husky thought of the idea of how two person with the same underused skills and jobs met at the same place seeking for the same quest. The odds kept on stacking and yet, here they are, talking.

• 2 weeks later...

"Ah, yes, solely working on booze in your profession would not net you too much experience in the skill." I warned him with a chuckle. It made me wonder if he did actually make any food alongside his alcohol. The news of him being a cook excited me; this player certainly shared many interests and skills with me. He asked in return if I was a cook and I nodded frantically. "Yes, one of the few cooks in the game that I know." I explained briskly. "I own the Crimson Diner, and I make a range of both ordinary and strange meals. You should try the Glow in the Dark Lollipop; makes your tongue glow." I told him with a chuckle, pointing to my own tongue as I did so. "I am sure I could teach you some techniques to use with your booze to make them even better for parties and such." I told him with a grin. "And maybe you can help with some of my alcoholic items."

• 3 months later...

Husky let out a chuckle to the lighthearted joke Grave has told. "I don't do much crafting revolving sweets, but I could always give it a try." The brunette replied on their way back. Seeing the young lad so enthusiastic about meeting the small place of his, Husky couldn't help but chuckle. Closely listening to Grave, he was excited that of all the people, he found someone with so much in common. Maybe the two could be friends for a long time, or rivals. Only time could tell. 

Going back to the third floor, Husky felt like he has return home. Accompanied by his newly met partner, the two entered the Forest of Wavering Mist, returning to the small tavern located within the ominous forest. Walking for a few minute, trailing the trodden dirt path, the two found a small single story building. A lantern sway ever so slightly, illuminating the path, and the sign of the establishment. "Hakkasan's Tavern" it carved into the old withered oak wood. "This is it. A humble place for adventurers to come by and take a rest." Husky nodded, open the door for his friend. "After you. Maybe you can try out the new 'Sake' bottle I crafted, and give me some comment.

Phew, this place was eerie. Who would think of setting up shop, or a home even, in the middle of a creepy, mist-flooded forest? I swiped open my menu and peered at the name at the top of my map; The Forest of Wavering Mist, it read. A fittingly spooky name. Before long we stumbled upon a single building in the middle of absolutely nowhere like a nomad who had found refuge in a cemetery. "It does seem quite humble," I confirmed with a nod, peering at the name above the door. Who was Hakkasan? Maybe I would find out soon. "Thank you, good sir," I thanked Husky as he held the door open for me and I wandered inside. "Mm, I do not mind if I do. Nice place, although the location is a bit... unnerving, I must say. But I do not doubt you get a lot of customers, right?" I asked the brewer, standing in the center of the room and peering around.