[PP-NK-F1] Protect the House! [Hard RGQ] (Itzal, Victor)

Kasier was here once more in the fields of the first floor. As she walked through the grasslands of this floor, her heavy armor was beating down on the ground, making her sound a lot more intimidating than her stats actually showed her to be. Kasier sighed, she was planning on yet another boring day and of course, she didn’t want to due to the fact that she had rather just lie down in her shop and rest for the day. The previous days, she spent completely wasted on material gathering to the point that she now had more than fifty materials without even using her curved sword once in this game of death. Although being a healer has its perks, it does have a lot of negatives and one of them is the player’s inability to complete any sort of material gathering efficiently. It takes Kasier the same amount of time to get one material than it takes for a strong DPS to get four materials. However, that is the path that she had chosen and that is the path, which she must suffer from. Eventually, though, even if she is taking it at a slow pace, she will become a strong player and invest some points in her armor as well as a sword skill.

No longer was she afraid to pull out and unleash her curved sword from her case, she was now more keen on using it, excited even to test out her new sword. She was a changed woman ever since Helios’s death. She had realized the truth behind this game and only the strong can survive. Kindness, sure, but one must have her authority in order to succeed in this game, and she will succeed, for everyone in this world as well as Helios who had taught her this lesson through his death. His death is not in vain as it only brings hot fire into her heart to strive for a goal that seemed impossible for an average person. She wanted to be the Queen, the Maiden Kaiser of Aincrad and no one will stop her from doing so as long as she can help it.

Although this is a goal that she is striving for, it is, no doubt, a long term goal, as she walked along the path of the first floor fields, she soon discovered a camp of sorts. She didn’t know whether the camp was there before and hence, her curiosity brought her forwards. Soon, as she reached the middle of the camp, she spots a short elder standing in the middle of the camp.

“Good afternoon, young maiden. Welcome to my home, our home. This is the camp of many NPCs but recently, some small ogres have been attacking our camp, taking away a lot of our resources and disturbing us. Right now, it’s just jokes and playing but eventually, it might get dangerous. Please help us overcome the challenge and help us get rid of the small ogres! Do you accept this quest? I suggest a few more people for such a hard task.”

(Oh geez, this is gonna be a long thread, so I'm gonna make this interesting to write about xD)

Edited by Kasier

Itzal made his way through the first floor under the shade of the trees.  He had been practicing stealth and scouting skills recently and he had decided to test them on the first floor since the monsters here were pathetic and posed no real threat if he were caught.  Right now he was making his way through the forest when he hit the edge.  He was looking out into a field and saw what he thought was a camp in the distance.  He smiled.  Sneaking through a camp would prove difficult and Itzal loved a challenge, so long as he wasn't harmed in the process.  The difficulty was how to get to the camp without being spotted.  Then he realized it might not be that difficult.  From this distance he could still tell that the tents on his side were close together, blocking the view of npcs.  Knowing this he began to stalk over the fields.  True his armor popped out in the bright grass.  It was getting close to sunset though, so Itzal would have the cover of darkness soon enough.  He figured that the moment that happened he would enter the camp.

As it was he reached the camp and spotted a pile of crates and other storage unites, and made his way over.  He climbed over and into the pile and decided to wait there until the sun had set.  As he sat there he thought back to his first few times in the game.  He had intended to be stealthy in order to avoid other players because he had never had any friends, so he couldn't trust them in this game right?  His parent's death had taught him that there were always players who would kill others, no matter the reason, sometimes for their own amusement.  Now however he intended to use his stealth to help others in his own way.  First was by scouting for sub-dungeons and the boss rooms without risking his own life doing so.  The second was when he joined the frontlines he intended to stay hidden in the boss room until he spotted a player in desperate need of assistance.  Once spotted he'd be able to pull a surprise attack and continue to help players who needed help and once they recovered, move to another player in need.  He'd be a supportive unite.

But for now, he had to practice.  Practice makes perfect.

12 stealth + 1 (hiding behind objects) = 13

Traipsing down the first floor, Vic was in the mood to decimate some easy to kill boars. He needed to pass some time and maybe collect some easy to obtain materials for his business. He upturned a jagged looking rock, convinced it might harness something special... Unfortunately upon extraction is prediction was proved wrong. Tossing the infernal thing to the side, he got up and ventured on. However, as the strolled through the rolling hills adorned with bright green grass, his eyes fell onto a settlement in the distance. The area was either previously unexplored, or this was a new addition to the first floor. In either case, the boy was mildly curious and wished to to check it out. Victor made his way to the structure keeping his eye out for any mobs he might encounter. Upon not finding any, he made his way closer to the camp and spotted a girl standing in the middle of it. With dark hair and bright eyes. He cocked his head and eaves dropped on the conversation. Upon hearing the NPC offer the quest, being in the vicinity he too accepted the notification. Then he made his way to the girl. "Well, you're lucky that there happens to be another right here, interested in taking this quest as well... Are you ok with doing this with me?" He asked politely, it was just a formality, whether she said yes or no, the boy was here to stay in either case. 

Spoiler

ID# 65732  LD: 4 
No mat found

Edited by Victor

ID: 65893
LD: 14
[Found Itzal]

Kasier continued to listen as the old man continued to speak, his mouth moving slowly under the sun and his skin dry, so dry that he almost looked like a skeleton. He was obviously a man under pressure and a man in danger. Indeed, it was obvious that he was under stress at the moment and there was no doubt… No doubt that he needed help, as much help. And it wasn’t only him but the entire camp as well.

“The ogres only come out at night so you along with your party would have to wait until nightfall in order to successfully find and kill the ogres that come to steal and prank us. There is a warrior near the other end of our large camp, talk to him and he will give you lots of information regarding the ogres. However, before you go there, I suggest that you find a few people willing to help with this hard quest. The ogres… They aren’t exactly life threatening but can be dangerous in numbers. I rely the rest on you, brave adventurer.” The short old, bald man stated.

Just as Kasier was about to turn around, she heard a noise right behind her. With a spin, she brought out her curved sword from within its case in case there was danger. However, it was just a man there. Soon, she realized that it was safe and hence sheathed her sword again. The man had asked if he could help and of course, Kasier wasn’t going to refuse any help at the moment. With a smile, she bowed as well before beginning to speak,

“Very well, this quest would be a hard one as well so I could use some help with this ogre clearing. The NPCs here seem to be under a time of struggle, let’s do our best!” She said and at that moment, she heard yet another noise from behind her. This time, with a startled look, she looked behind her to see some sort of shadow moving along the tents. It was obvious that the figure was moving with an intention to harm and was sneaking around, avoiding any players. Indeed, Kasier had just managed to spot some sort of armor moving along the tent. With a gulp, she moved towards the spot and pulled out her sword in case the figure meant to threaten her or the NPCs. However, as she reached the tent, she realized that the man was someone that she knew.

“Itzal? What are you doing sneaking around like this?”

Edited by Kasier

Itzal sat completely still in the pile of crates when he heard footsteps approaching.  Making the slightest movement he checked to see who it was and was alarmed to see Kasier, of all people, in this camp and even worse, discovered him.  He sighed with smile, visible since his mouthpiece was pulled down but not his hood.  I definitely need to get better at this.  It will take some time though so I should probably get comfortable knowing I'll be spotted most of the time.  After all I'm starting as a scout before anything else.  My eyes are more important than my stealth...  For now.

"Just getting some practice in," he said as he made his way out of the crates.  The nearby villagers were alarmed but they were npcs.  He knew the real trick was moving unseen with players nearby.  And he had totally failed that.  "I'm trying to work on my stealth for scouting missions but obviously I'm still rusty.  Despite that I have improved my scouting skills.  And no for practice I just intended to sneak through this camp without being seen, nothing malicious.  I don't care if npcs can respawn I couldn't stand to see any of them fall down dead or injured."  He glanced around and narrowed his eyes as he observed the villager's faces and posture more clearly.  They seemed worried or frightened at every moment, not to mention they looked like something evil was watching them.  "Why are you here Kasier?  Is something wrong here?  That why you-"  He stopped as he recognized another player.  He nodded to him and waved for him to join them.  "Who's your new friend?" he asked.

"Ogre clearing?" Victor asked, more to himself as the gears in his mind whirred. He had a little information on ogres, in this particular quest, just like he had overheard, they were creatures of the night. "Well I can sure assist you with that miss." He said with a short bow. Victor was just playing a role of the charmer, he lacked the will to spend all this time with her and be the usual snob that he was. Plus the teen was tired of the lack of women in his life at least his SAO life. It was only fair, they were in a death game, there were far bigger and pressing matters at hand, but the boy had to try. This girl seemed malleable enough, she wouldn't make a bad person to have around. He scanned in a cursory manner, the way she went for her weapon the way most would, but the ease with which she put it away, without too many questions, was rare in times like these. 

Over-trusting girl who looked about his age... She was ripe for some pretentious affection if she gave the right signals, Vic wasn't too much of a pursuant, he hadn't had much practice over the years, mostly the girls came to him, but it was about time to hone his skills. His thought wandered from how to deal with the ogre, to the black haired girl. That's when she'd gone onto to find someone else, lurking about. Vic's hand slipped into his coat and closed over his dagger. But then it turned out the girl knew the other player. "Itzal is it?" Vic asked with a raised eyebrow, when the other guy asked who he was to the girl. "I'm Victor, pleased to meet you." he said jutting out his hand for a shake. "Just aiding with a quest, would you like to join us?" he said. 

Edited by Victor

Kasier watched as Itzal arose from the shadows and waved to Victor. At the moment, Kasier really didn’t know much about Victor. They had just met so Kasier couldn’t really introduce the two to each other. Her amber eyes looked at both of them and her pale hands were inside her starter armor pockets. She didn’t know Victor’s level or skill and hence, a bit of assistance from Itzal would definitely be delightful. With a smile, she began to speak,

“Itzal, apparently, this camp of NPCs has been attacked by ogres and is causing threats and pulling pranks as well as stealing their food. They come out at night so an NPC elder asked us to help them by eliminating all the ogres that come to this area. Of course, I would never pass on an opportunity to help some NPCs as well as obtain some experience for myself. I presume you, too, would love to help out wouldn’t you?” She asked, knowing the answer already. “Oh, Victor, this is Itzal. Itzal, this… Victor. We just met.” Kasier said. It would be a while until night falls so they would have a long time to talk and discuss the plans on how they would go ahead and defeat these pests known as ogres.

“Ok, how about we go to the forest, get to know each other a bit more and discuss the plans that we would use in order to defeat the ogres. Maybe Itzal can find their base and scout them to see how many ogres in general pose a threat. We can even get a bit of material gathering done in the forest to pass by some time. How about it?” She asked. But while she had asked, she began to walk. She hated the atmosphere of the NPCs… There was something suspicious here

Itzal listened to Kasier introduce Victor and smiled as he shook his hand.

"Nice to meet you Victor."  He listened as Kasier explained the situation and recommended heading out for the forest to talk.  As she mentioned Itzal scouting the ogre's camp, which he was naturally leaning toward, he nodded slowly.  "Yes.  Not only would I be able to gather information but Ogre's are pretty stupid.  If I was caught I could probably say something that would convince them to allow my presence.  Hell I might even be allowed to join them in a campfire song," he said with a grin.  He wasn't good at jokes but he always tried.  He thought for a moment as he tried to gather all information on ogres.  They were big, strong, and used the heaviest weapons possible.  There was no possible way they could sneak into the village without being noticed.

"Have the villagers ACTUALLY seen the ogre's?"  It could be a mess up but he didn't like doing or going anywhere unless he knew all the details.  Only then would he venture out.  "If they didn't say we could ask real quick.  Otherwise I'm all set," he said as he pulled the mouthpiece up, completing the outfit.

The girl seemed much more interested in the other boy she had found, so Vic just shrugged and decided to cease his advance, at least for the time being. The boy smiled in kind at Itzal as they shook hands, while in the back of his mind he sized the boy up. The kid seemed like the happy go lucky kinds, Luke couldn't have found himself stuck with a more boredom inducing pair. But obviously, Vic showed nothing but an amorous behaviour of agreeability. He listened to the girl explain once again what the quest entailed and he resisted the urge to interrupt her, by summarising it faster.  After she was done, and in an absent minded fashion reintroduced the pair, he just smiled to himself. Itzal decided to give his two cents on the matter, the plan was to scour the forest for the base of the ogres.

"They're dumb all right." Vic reiterated, chuckling at the boy's joke. "And slow too... Which I think would work well for us." He said in a pretentiously thoughtful manner, the truth was he had already had his suggestion planned. "I'm not exactly sure of the skill set you're working on," he said politely, his chin indicating that he was talking to and about the girl. "I'm guessing you've gone for a set that will aid in scouting?" He added now turning to Itzal. "I am going for DPS, so by logic, I think Itzal should head in first, because he'd have the easiest time in locating the beasts, I'll follow, in case the ogre's don't let him dance around the campfire, I can attempt killing them with his help... and yours." He finished turning towards the girl for the last bit, he was sure his words might have made the girl feel as though she was rendered useless, but he hoped he could salvage the situation with some chivalry. "Wouldn't be too happy letting a nice girl like you trundle into battle first." He added with a very genuine looking concerned smile. 

Kasier had kind of wanted to discuss their plans in the woods so no one could be eavesdropping on them. However, the two men seemed to have decided that they would simply ignore that offer. Doesn’t matter though. She was doing a quest with two males and hence, she was outnumbered. Her interests were probably completely different from them and hence, when decisions are to be made, she might be outnumbered. It didn’t matter though, with her healing, she would make sure that no one dies from this quest. She was determined to do a good job on this task and when she wants to do something, it gets done.

“Have the villagers actually seen the ogres?” Kasier heard Itzal ask.

Since she was the quest taker, it was natural that she would be the one to answer that question, “Well, they didn’t directly say it but since they specifically said ‘ogres’, I would think that they had seen them.”

Immediately after the boy had asked the question, Victor asked her about her skill build and she didn’t mind telling him it, especially since he had already told them of his DPS build. “I’m a healer. Healing from the back of the battlefield. However, I can act as sort of a tank with my mitigation and if no one needs healing, I can step up and attack. If I get lucky, I can inflict a deadly amount of status damage on mobs.” She finished, gripping her sword.

“So, yeah, it’s not good to mess with me. I pack quite a punch with my sword. I wouldn’t want you to head in at the front of the battle either, Victor.  I’m sure that no one would want your handsome, pale face to become ruined by the ogres if they swarm you."

Itzal looked at Kasier and nodded.  If she believed the npcs it was enough for Itzal...  Somewhat.  Like 28th all things he didn't fully trust the situation.  In fact he suspected the worst: that the settlement was setting them up.  They looked like they were ready to pack up and leave.  He pictured it in his head:  they cause trouble with another npc group, get players to fight the group, and while the fight is going on they sneak in, steal their loot and leave before the players discover the truth.  This probably wouldn't happen but it was useful to Itzal as he would always be ready for it should the worst happen.

"Right then, lets get started shall we?"  he began to make his way over to the forest, a tiny bit eager to scout this camp.  He had never actually seen ogre's before and wanted to study them for a bit.  And of course as Kasier suggested they could get to know each other on the way.  "Before we get too far in the forest i can talk with you guys, just let me know when to go on ahead ok?"  Itzal loved strategy and tactics but he disliked bossing people around.  It reminded him too much of the bullies at his school in the real world.

• 2 weeks later...

The girl's quips did naught to sting Vic. He shrugged in a nonchalant fashion and smirked up at her. "All right, miss, I'll follow then." he said spreading his arm to gesture the indicated path. He had no qualms about any chivalry, if this young lady wanted to take risks in his place, he was all for it. "I suppose you can heal Itzal while he scouts on, and I'll jump in when necessary." he added, suppressing his sadness at being the last man, simply because that meant if anyone or anything tried to sneak attack, he might have to take the brunt of the damage if he didn't evade in time. But there was the added benefit of being last in line if things went south after Itzal found these ogres. "Also, good to know you find me handsome and area as concerned about my face as I am." He finished with Kaiser and then turned towards the boy. 

He looked at Itzal who claimed he was ready when they were, the brown haired boy cocked his head and stared into the blue eyes of his aquaintaince. He seemed unsure, Vic wasn't as edgy simply because he felt prepared no matter what was thrown at the trio, but Itzal didn't seem to share their confidence. The eighteen year old was eager to start things off at this point. "Yep, we can fall into formation once we're deeper in." he corroborated before strolling on. "Something bothering you mate?" he said scouring the boy's stance. 
(sorry about the delay, been really really busy.)