[PP-NK-F6] Jungle Hunters (Beoreson) <<Deforestation>>

Jungle Hunters
<<Deforestation>>

The hunter was always busy with many things.  Most of those 'things' were mostly details within the guild that no one really put him towards, or just helping whomever.  After some time, it had occurred to him that he really didn't have a proper role in the guild, except for the occasional dungeon expedition.  Which was expected as he was one of the few members that had the Search skill and modifications to do so, or so the others keep saying.  He couldn't really tell, as he just put his points into things that would help him on hunts, which only became this after much time and effort.  Though, as the 'hunter' of the guild, he had not had many requests to go anywhere.  Most of the time, he was hunting alone and came upon someone, but this was the first time in a while that someone came to him.

Waiting at one of the flag towns of the sixth floor, the hunter awaited an old friend.

The warrior needed to level quite a bit before he would be front line material again and he knew just who he would ask for some help.Beoreson had sent a message to Hirru a week out from now asking if he could take the time to run him through a dungeon. The warrior needed to get back into the swing of things or he would soon be completely useless. With the time and date confirmed the warrior left his shop and teleported to the sixth floor to meet up with Hirru. The warrior looked the same as the last time he had ran into Hirru only he  looked a little bit more at ease then he was at the last guild meeting. With a wave the warrior greeted the hunter, It had been a long time since he had last seen his old friend.

The hunter noticed his friend approaching from down the way, and gave a quick wave to him.  From his attire, it didn't seem like he changed much from the Black Ops. that he knew from before.  He started to form various questions in his head for such a reason that would have him unchanged for so long, and for the need to seek the help of the guilds hunter.  Most of the questions were just worrying about how he as been doing since they last saw each other, but the one for training purposes was getting to him.  Beoreson should be able to handle himself and should have grown stronger than himself.  These worries would have to wait.

"It's been too long, Beoreson!  Kind of surprised to have you asking for my help."

He would say to the man before looking out into the jungle.

"We'll be taking out the Byakko, a large fire based tiger, in the jungle.  Along the way, we may have to deal with a sub-dungeon, but I don't see this venture taking up the entire day."

The hunter said as he explained some of the dangers of this quest.

"Of course, you already know most of this, by now..."

Beoreson nods and listens to what the hunter is explaining to him and says, "Yeah, but I haven't been down to a sub -dungeon yet so... I'm not really sure what they are other than smaller dungeons with some loot." He scratches the back of his head a little awkwardly as he is pretty much clueless and says, "I figured that you would know the most about sub-dungeons as you have really good search skills. I don't have any search skills so, I'm not that great when it comes to searching or finding things of use." He then looks around town and scans it for any clear direction for the quest finding none he asks the hunter after a second, "So, which way do we go?"

Edited by Beoreson
Fixing

"We'll be going through the jungle where the Byakko has been nesting.  It's a quest that I have completed before, so the area is easy enough to find.  Within that area, we'll find a sub-dungeon, but I wouldn't count on it.  They're hard to find, even for me."

The hunter explained as he gestured his friend and guild member to follow him.  They set out towards the last known area that the Byakko had once been in.  He had already completed the quest once before, so the location was rather easy to follow.  From there, they would have to hunt down the sub-dungeon on their own.  The hunter would excel in that category, but there was always a chance they would end up finding nothing, or fighting loads of mobs from the natural habitat.  Either way, Beoreson was going to gain something out of today, whether he liked it or not.

"How have you been, Beoreson?  I haven't seen you since... well, I can't remember when."

*Tadah, Sorry for the delay. I was trying to make something interesting to read not cannon fodder posts. *

"I've been fine. I've been holed up in my shop, not really doing anything really", says Black Ops. He pulls down his faceplate and reveals his head. He still looked the same if anything refreshed quite a bit compared to how worn he had become. Even the man’s armor looked slightly different like he had maintained it and repaired all the blemishes of its ebony surface.

He thinks for a moment for a moment, regarding how to make an excuse to his old friend and says, “I was a little shaken up back then and I guess I just kind of lost my will to go out and adventure. If Opal, had betrayed us who else would do something crazy. Is what I was thinking at the time. Of Course I only thought that for a few weeks but, by then I had already said some dumb things and would rather suffer the consequences.”

The warrior watches as the green jungle becomes more and more thick as they travel along the dirt path that Hirru was leading him along.  The amount of vegetation taking the warrior aback quite a bit. With a slightly shocked look as he continues along and says, “It’s just like how my great grandfather would describe Vietnam.”

The hunter could understand where Beoreson was coming from.  Opal had been the one to bring everyone back, and merged the Crimson Blades with the Knights of the Blood Oath.  Her betrayal had thrown everyone into chaos, even those outside of the guild.  With the deaths of two of the heaviest hitters of the front lines, there were serious regards against the front lines and if they could even be trusted.  The hunter was one of them.

"It's alright.  I was getting my suspicions afterwards, as well.  I refused to attend the last few boss meetings, even though I was qualified."

Though, his suspicions were well met as not even a few floors later did another attack against our ranks happen.  Manta and Ebony were slain by another player.  Why did that have to happen to the supports?  It wasn't even a planned attack!

Shaking off the thoughts of betrayal and death, the hunter continued.

"Though, I kept training.  I became what Opal left behind.  I became the hunter that everyone needs, so that we can further the dreams of all of the people that count on us."

He said with pride while clearing the path of undergrowth as it came up.  They walked some distance until Beoreson said something about his family, but what really hit the hunter was the last word.  Whatever that was, it made his head tingle and burn.  He winced while continuing to walk.

"What... is Viet..nam?"

The warrior looks over and sees that Hiru doesn’t look to well but shrugs it off. Beoreson thinks for a moment of how to describe what Vietnam was to Hiru who probably just hadn’t heard of the country. He remembers that it is close to Thailand and china but not much otherwise about how to describe it other than there are jungles there. With a sigh he thinks for another moment and says, “It is a country in Asia, south of China that has a humid climate and jungles"

“There was a war that America fought against the Korean people and we pulled out as we decided that it wasn’t worth fighting anymore.”, says Black Ops as he looks around. The lush green jungle quite beautiful. “I remember a few details here and there about the country so if you have any questions go ahead”, states the warrior as he admires the forest.

• 1 month later...

The hunter listened to Beoreson while they walked.  What he was talking about seemed to bring something up in his head, but he couldn't pinpoint what it was.  It seemed to be a memory, but it was very feint, and he could not recollect what it was.  It was like a gray blur that seemed to allude to something that was there, but nothing else.  The hunter grit his teeth while holding his forehead with one hand.  It was relatively painful to remember, even if the pain was just imaginary, as some like to say it is.

"I see.  I think that it is familiar, but we'll have to talk about that later.  We're getting closer to where this thing's lair is."

As he said that, they would come to a clearing where the far side seemed to be scorched and charred by whatever lived within the area.  Soon the beast would leap out into the clearing to greet them, a large tiger with several bits of its fur flaring out like a flame.  Fire seemed to pour out from its mouth as snarled at them.  The hunter prepared his blade for the next part.

<<Byakko>>
HP: 150
DMG: 60
MIT: 40
On a roll of 9 or 10, the Byakko will deal half of its dmg in unmitigated burn dmg [Non-D.O.T]

The tiger lunged out at them to which the hunter quickly stepped forward to block the attack with his body.  The damage was minimal, if anything.  In the meantime, the hunter performed his strongest sword art to destroy what little health the field boss had.  It was already well past half way when he was done with the eleven hit combo.

"End it quickly, Beoreson!"

[ID: 68899]
[MD: 8-1] Hit (60-61 mit = 1 dmg)
[BD: 8+2] Hit
[Sword Art: Meteor Break] 11x12 = 132-40 mit = 92 dmg

[H:1] Hirru - [679 / 680 hp // 57 / 68 en] (-1 hp / -11 en)
[H:0] Beoreson - [ ? / ? hp // ? / ? en]

Byakko - [58 / 150 hp] (-92 hp)

[ @Beoreson Sorry about the long wait.  Let's take this thing out, and find us a sub-dungeon.  Also, I don't know your current stats, so you'll have to fill that out.  Reminder: things have changed stats wise.]

Edited by Hirru
  • 4 months later...

[ID# 76827]
[BD: 8+1=9] Hit
[Sword Art:
Galaxy Destroyer ] 6*(1*13) = 78-40=38

[H:1] Hirru - [679 / 680 hp // 57 / 68 en] 
[H:1] Beoreson - [ 360 / 360 hp //23 / 36 en] (-13 en)

Byakko - [20 / 150 hp] (-38 HP)

Black Ops gives a nod to Hirru and decides to use his most powerful attack. He grabs his sword and rips it from its leather sheath. The sword is a bland inordinate bastard sword that has a leather wrap for a handle and a basic cross guard. Beoreson then charges forward holding his sword in a basic long tail stance. When he gets close enough to the flaming beast he swings his sword into the monster. His attack does a small chunk of damage but compared to Hirru's attack his is clearly inferior. Black Ops than leaps back and goes into a basic at the ready stance and says to Hirru, "Yeah, I need to get a decent sword after this.

Edited by Beoreson