[PP-F7] The shadows below <Itzal and Morgenstern>

Itzal sat in the mountain fortress that all players spawned in upon teleport or arrival.  He was waiting for Jonathan in the courtyard.  Or, rather, waiting in the shadows on a wooden beam connected to two very close buildings.  Upon arriving on floor seven he discovered that it was a mountainous floor, perfect for his athletic and parkour skills.  Not only that but the fortress that sat within the mountain cast thousands of shadows everywhere, despite the many green glowing crystals.  This made it perfect for practicing his stealth.  Earlier when he discovered this he did a little scouting throughout the fortress and despite that it was filled with humans, he couldn't help but feel like it should be a dwarven city.  It only made sense:  A mountainous floor, a fortress underground.  Everything lit by crystals.  Why wasn't this a dwarven area?  Soon he had sketched the entire city, all within the same morning.  It was only yesterday he and Jonathan had traveled across the desert to complete the quest <The Traveler>.  Afterwards they decided to explore more floors together.  Of course, being a scout with a natural curiosity he couldn't help but get a head start.  Now he waited for Jonathan to emerge before heading out of the city.  He got glimpses of course, and he believed he knew their first target:  There was a giant mountain near the center of the floor and he was eager to check it out.

Stealth:  14 (base 4 + rank 1 stealth + objects and shadows)

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jonathan sat on a bench in the first floor. He reallyhad not found any players, and had decided to call it a day. He recieved a message from Itzal to meet him on the Seventh floor. Jonathan shrugged, nothing was happening down here, he would see what Itzal wanted then head to his shop. He walked toward the teleport pad, his green eyes scanning his surroundings for anybody that might need help. He shoved his hands into the pocket of his white jacket. He reached the pad, and said Nimbus! The world in front of him faded and the mountainous floor greeted him. He looked around searching to see Itzal anywhere. After a minute he determined he would never manage to find him. If you can hear me, come out, you win...

Edited by Morgenstern

Itzal heard the familiar warp sound and watched as Jonathan emerged out of nowhere.  He walked around looking for Itzal and he was just about to approach when he called out in what seemed like frustration.  Itzal couldn't help but grin before leaping from the twelve foot high beam and rolling on the ground with ease.  As he approached his friend he saw that his friend was bored.  Not for long he thought.

"Hey Jonathan!  I wanted to know if you'd like to check out another floor with me.  Normally I scout these by myself but I figured that if I came across a sub-dungeon then you would be interested.  I know you like combat and I actually haven't seen a sub-dungeon yet.  So, might as well right?  Plus with you're tanking skills and my rank four sword arts we should have no problem."  He stopped as he saw Velnia fly towards them, a fruit in her mouth.  She dropped it in Itzal's hand when she noticed Jonathan and preformed her 'interview' with him.  She stopped in front of him with her eyes only a centimeter from his.  She scanned his eyes and saw kindness and a will to protect.  Satisfied she landed on his torso and traveled across his entire body like lightning before stopping on his shoulder and licking his cheek.  Itzal let out a laugh.  "Jonathan this is Velnia...  Again."

Jonathan watched as a figure jumped down from a high place and landed lightly on the ground. The image of Itzal stood with a smile. Hey, Itzal... Jonathan listened as Itzal began to go on about searching for a sub dungeoun. Jonathan smiled and said, "Sure, I'll go on searching for a sub-dungeon. Lucky for you, I have all of my equipment already ready. Jonathan smiled. I have never been in a sub dungeon, this is my chance to go in one. It might be dangerous so I better fight with my all. Jonathan opened his menu and equipped his equipment. A black handled sword appeared on his back, a white shield edged in gold at his side, and finally a white metal armor also edged in gold, that covered him from his collar bone, to the toe. Jonathan waited for Itzal to do what they needed to next. 

OOC- No reaction to Velnia?

Itzal was momentarily shocked, but impressed at the white armor as he was used to seeing Jonathan wear the black one.  He didn't worry about it though and nodded.

"Right, now that we're ready."  Itzal pulled up his menu and sent the map of the town he had made while exploring to Jonathan.  "There.  See that path going around the main street?  Believe it or not that's faster since there's no crowd.  Normally I'd just travel above the crowd but then I would have left you behind and I don't want that happening.  So we head out to the gate and decide which direction to search first.  Honestly I haven't seen this floor before but I'm pretty excited.  It's a mountain range.  I honestly believe the inhabitants should be dwarves not humans.  I wonder if they're actually on this floor."  He began to make his way down the path he mentioned to Jonathan.  Sure enough there was hardly any npcs in the vicinity.  "So, how's recruiting?"

OOC oops

Jonathan watched as a purple scaled dragon flew inches from his face. Vel...Nia? As soon as he said, the dragon moved around his body, with lightning spped, then landed atop his shoulder and licked his cheek. He stared at Itzal, to see how she managed to be revived. Then afterwards, Itzal began to talk about paths. Jonathan snickered. Paths? He knew this place like the back of his hand. He was here almost every day. Then Itzal asked another question. So how is recruiting? Oh, well I have one. She somehow knew already about the guild without me mentioning the name.... Then other I am not sure about joining. She seems... Dead inside. She... is something else I will give you that. Jonathan smiled and began to run, he jumped atop a wall, and vaulted to the top of the house. He turned to Itzal and said, You coming? with that he turned and began to jump from house to house.

Itzal was shocked but very pleased to see his friend begin to leap from roof to roof.  After pulling his mouthpiece down he quickly followed, leaping onto a large crate and then onto the roof.  As soon as he did he recalled the last path he'd taken and took that.  He was a natural parkourist for one, and he'd had so much practice in real life, not to mention he was practicing his eye in this game, to the point where he could detect the right path at a glance.  As he ran there was a jump just a little too great in gap.  This didn't bother him as there was a wall to the right and he leaped from the edge with all his strength, pushed off from the wall, and rolled onto the roof on the other end.  As he ran he looked at his friend with a grin.

"Keeping up?"  He returned his focus to his goal.  Jonathan may very well be his best friend but he had started this race.  Itzal was competitive and parkour was his own little specialty.  He didn't know where Jonathan had obtained that skill but it was clear that while he knew what he was doing, he wasn't a master at it.  Maybe he'd be interested in becoming one.  Jonathan, Itzal and Alisa parkouring through the cities.  The thought made him smile.  He knew the perfect place for it too.  The Italian town on floor eleven made him feel like he was in Assassin's Creed and that feeling would never cease to exhilarate him.  The adrenaline would pick up and that would be it.  If he wasn't climbing he wasn't living.

Jonathan watched as Itzal smiled and began to fly up the walls, and jump the roofs like he grew up, and it was his job. Jonathan smiled, and leapt to the next roof. He sured his footing and moved to the next. Itzal quickly surpassed him and left Jonathan in the dust. Jonathan found a gap, that was very large. Can I make it? Jonathan backed up and ran forward, springing off the building. He landed at the edge of the next building and lost his balance. He fell of the building, but managed to spin himself to land on his feet. He winced as he landed on the ground. He looked around, not finding any ledges to climb upon. Crap... Jonathan jogged through the streets and finally after a few minutes managed to find the gate to leave town. Now just to wait for Itzal to arrive. 

Itzal before Itzal reached the city gate he detected that his friend was missing.  He scanned the area and when he couldn't see him guessed that his friend must have fallen down the gap.  He slowed his pace and scanned the crowded streets until he spotted him.  He was still a ways behind him but Itzal didn't feel like beating his friend there at this point, not when it wasn't fair.  He leaped down onto the street, startling the people and when they spotted his outfit, dark and intimidating, they all made sure he had space.  Itzal waited for Jonathan to reach him and nodded.

"Let's stick together," he said.  As they walked together the crowd kept away from the pair.  That was one of the perks of Niger Natio, the ability to disperse the crowds of npcs when he was forced to travel amongst the streets.  When they finally exited the city and away from the crowds Itzal breathed deeply and let out a refreshed sigh.  He hated crowds.  The view was amazing.  They were a bit high up as they were inside a mountain, but there was of course an easy path down.  Once again he saw the huge mountain near the center of the floor, but other than that it was just mountain ranges and ravines.  Itzal had talked with several people who lived in mountains and heard that the weather was unpredictable there.  It could be hot, cold, humid, dry, rainy, snowy, hail, lightning.  Legitimately anything at any time of the year, no matter the season.  Thankfully he and Jonathan had obtained the survival skill.  "So, where do you want to head first?"

Jonathan watched as Itzal showed up and they walked out of the town together. They walked through the crowds and out of town. They stood atop a mountain, and a path down led to the dangers below. He heard the question. Where do you want to head next? Jonathan surveyed the area below him. If they were looking for a sub dungeon it would probably not be out in the open. It would be in the side of a mountain or a... Cave! Jonathan pointed at the small opening in a side of the mountain, next to the one they stood upon. There, that cave appears to be our best bet... Jonathan moved down the path, step by step. Jonathan looked up. Bolts of lightning struck the tip of the mountain, that they were headed to. Jonathan held his shield tightly as he reached the opening of the cave.

Itzal watched as Jonathan selected a cave in the near distance.  He glanced at the sky and was grateful that they would be underground for this trip.  He switched his armor to Twilight cloak to enhance his sight and thus it did.

"Alright then, let's go."  Caves were becoming more and more a part of Itzal's life he noticed.  It had started when he searched for Velnia.  Then there was the cavern on floor two, the cavern in floor one that he fought in twice, the cave he tried helping Kindle with, and several others.  He always had the solution to the darkness if it wasn't as dark as the quest <<let there be light>>:  Glow crystals.  He had discovered them early on in the cavern on the second floor.  Ever since he would use them everywhere as well as collect them for his crafting.  As they made their way through the rugged terrain Itzal turned to Jonathan.  "Hey where did you learn how to do that?  That was pretty impressive.  And how's you're shop coming along?"  Itzal had finally received a shop of his own but he hadn't opened yet.  He planned on crafting several buyable items as well as sample songs before the grand opening.  And boy would the opening be grand.  He planned on inviting all his friends and placing notifications about the grand opening.  Anyone who was interested could come and join in.

Jonathan looked at Itzal behind him, and then unsheathed his sword. He entered the cave, and looked around. He could hardly see, but he could. Itzal asked him a strange question. "Hey where did you learn how to do that?  That was pretty impressive..." Jonathan looked back at his friend. Learn to do what? I have not done anything impressive. And my shop? It is coming along, but I need to go hunt materials sooner than later. But we are searching for the Sub Dungeons right now. The path widened, until they came into a room, lit by green glowing torches. Jonathan looked forward and noticed the floor was littered with Bones. Jonathan stteped forward, and he heard a rattling sound. In a split second, there was a sword flying at him. Jonathan put up his shield, blocking the sword. Bones had collected together creating skeletons, that stood in front of them blocking their passage. Jonathan shoved the Skeleton near him back and readied himself. He let out a piercing <<Howl>> and the Skeletons turned their attention to him. Their eyes flashed and they began to advance on him.

Spoiler

Jonathan 68/68 17/17

Itzal 92/92  (God you left me in the dust)

Skeleton Knight 46/46  40 Damage 11 mit

Skeleton Knight 46/46

Skeleton Knight 46/46

OOC- The roofs were spaced apart a little bit, just so you know.  They both had to jump across the small gaps but then came the big one.  Also because of my ld boost I'll have a better chance at getting us some loot

Itzal listened to Jonathan talk about how he hadn't done anything impressive and Itzal couldn't help but laugh slightly.

"You're kidding me right?  Listen, jumping across roofs isn't as easy as it sounds.  It takes practice to get to that level, co-ordination, foot placement, balance, analyzing where and when you need to jump.  It was basic, but it was still parkour.  To an extent."  Before Jonathan could respond a sword came out of nowhere which he blocked.  Itzal watched the skeletons formed and drew Retributor.  He heard Jonathan use the howl skill and was amazed at the effect.  Not only did it draw the attention of both skeletons, but the sound sent slight chills up his spine.  He smiled, happy that his friend finally reached the skill he was hoping to achieve.  He knew though that it would be wise if he waited for the combat to begin between the skeletons and his friends before engaging.  He whispered to Jonathan.  "I'll attack after you."  With that he took position at the exit with his sword ready and his eyes watching for patterns or techniques the skeleton's chose to use.

ID#  66409

BD:  4

---------------

S1:  46/46

S2:  46/46

S3:  46/46

Jonathan:  68/68  <>  17/17

Itzal:  92/92  <>  23/23

Edited by Itzal

Jonathan watched as Itzal stood still and said he would attack after Jonathan. Jonathan nodded. These guys looked looked much stronger than what he had faced before. The Skeleton Knights began to close in and Jonathan dashed forward, his sword further lighting up the room as he dashed forward. The Skeleton's step in,slashing their swords. Jonathan quickly defended protecting himself from any harm. He slashed forward, but they used their swords as a block and stopped him from attacking. Jonathan shoved the enemies back and backed up himself. They were much different than floor five. 

Spoiler

S1:  46/46

S2:  46/46

S3:  46/46

Jonathan:  68/68  <>  16/17

Itzal:  92/92  <>  23/23

66411 BD:2 MD:4

Edited by Morgenstern

OOC- Wow

Itzal watched as Jonathan charged forward to attack but the skeletons blocked the attack.  While Jonathan had their attention Itzal ran along the side, close to the shadows to avoid drawing their attention to himself.  Velnia flew down the other end, preforming the same feat.  As he did he observed their actions.  Block, parry, block counter.  Block parry block counter.  Ok, he thought.  They had a pattern but that could easily change if faced with a technique that was superior to their own.  So the key was to use techniques that were just barely better than theirs, so if they did adapt he would have a superior technique every time.  Still if it did come down to it, even his most skilled technique had a weakness.  All techniques did.  And if Itzal was good at anything it was adapting.  He saw that Velnia was cooking up a plan of their own.  Either way they would be pulling a surprise attack from behind in a moment.

ID#  66412

BD:  2

Edited by Itzal

Jonathan waited, but there was still no assault from Itzal. Jonathan used his shield to bat away the swords, then slashed viciously at their defenses. Sparks and dust flew everywhere on the battlefield. Jonathan struck another few times, and seen a perfect chance in all three enemies defenses. Jonathan slashed forward, and opened it more. Faster... These guys are stronger I must be faster. Jonathan blocked another volley then moved in Striking up, down, side and side. A burstn of energy, spread out quickly in a square damaging the three skeletons. They struck him back but his armor withstood. He backed away and watched as the red marks across his chest faded as he immediatly healed. 

Spoiler

Jonathan 64/64

Itzal 92/92

Skeleton Knight 29/46  

Skeleton Knight 29/46

Skeleton Knight 29/46

66413 BD:10 MD:9

Edited by Morgenstern

Itzal smiled as he saw his chance when the monsters were struck by Jonathan.  He imitated a bat's cry and Velnia swooped in, hitting one of the skeletons and therefore pushing it into it's companions.  With them all cluttered together Itzal rushed forward, jumped and flipped into the air, stabbing down at them using lightning fall, releasing a large surge of dark red energy toward his foes.  The three skeletons shuttered and shook from the impact before shattering into shards.  Itzal landed softly on the ground and turned to Jonathan.

"These monsters have patterns.  Once we identify them they should be cake.  Nothing to worry about."  He smiled as he saw the loot menu pop up and was glad to see the results.  They had received one thousand three hundred and eighty col and six materials.  It was a great find and there was enough for them to split and still have a lot.  He sent half of the spoils to Jonathan.  "Six hundred and ninety col for us, as well as three materials each.  Let's see if there's any more enemies hiding in here."

ID#  66414

BD:  9

LD:  17 + 5

Result

------------------

All Skeleton's deceased (Base 6 + crit + Lightning Fall - 11 MIT = 38 Dmg)

Itzal:  92/92  <>  9/23 Energy (-14 Lightning Fall)

+690 col  +3 MAT each

@Morgenstern

Edited by Itzal

Jonathan watched as Itzal appeared finally, making a backflip, and slamming his sword into the ground sending out and electric field. The skeletons shattered dropping them each col. Jonathan sighed and sheathed his sword. Itzal had become the complete damage dealer, as well as a scout. Jonathan moved down the faintly lit hallways. He heard Itzal behind him. These monsters have patterns.  Once we identify them they should be cake.  Nothing to worry about." Jonathan smiled. He was right, just like the lower floors they had a pattern just a different pattern then Jonathan was used to. He entered the room. Okay, let us search... for a dungeon I mean. 

OOC- Don't roll until the 20th post. 

+690 Col +3 Materials

As they desended into the cave Itzal couldn't help but wonder what kind of dungeon it would be.  He still expected dwarven culture in such mountainous terrain, but it was possible that would come on later floors.  Itzal handed a glowing crystal to Jonathan as they proceeded.

Just in case it gets too dark to see," he explained.  Velnia flew in between them, able to see perfectly no matter how dark it would get.  She would warn them If enemies were near.  Ulises was pleased with how their surprise attack worked out and was eager to try it again.  Itzal however, hoped to avoid a fight until the sub dungeon.  In the meantime he kept a keen eye out for any suitable materials either of them could use.  He spotted a glimmer in the wall and dusted the dirt off, smiling as he pulled the green crystal free and placed it into his inventory.

ID#  66418

LD:  12 + 5

+1 mat

Edited by Itzal

Jonathan stood and watched as Itzal began to search around for materials and easily managed to find something. Jonathan sighed and eyed Velnia. I need something like her. A companion, a partner to always help me. Velnia keeps Itzal company constantly. I should try someday. Maybe I can even ask Itzal to help me. Jonathan looked around the dark cave, and stood in front of the entrance to protect Itzal during his search. Hey, That area looks good, why don't you check for any dungeouns. Jonathan examined his sword. He needed better weapons. He was nearing the next tier of items. A fe days ago they had cleared another floor. He needed to hurry up before they moved any farther up.