[F11-PP] At the Knight's table - KoB members - 18th Floor Boos internal meeting

Read the spoiler before posting

Spoiler

Just start out with some entering and socializing if that's what you want, or just post that you arrived.

Information about the Boss nor the Room has not been given to me yet, but will be told when I receive the info.

latest?cb=20130329051220.jpg

The room was found, but of what he knew of it, someone had been here before him, and what he could get from the room wasn't as optimal as possible. Macradon went back to Taft on the 11th floor where he would throw a PM at the KoB members, calling in all the members and would not think that all would arrive. The eleventh floor was the housing the Knight of Blood had established from Macradon's bursts of funds when he was out farming with Dom. Clenching his fist as it broad back memories of his deceased friend. He shunned at the one who had slain him, the one who recruited him to this guild to start out. Opal, that was her name, the one who remained green because Dom was orange. From all that he knew, none were told how Dom became orange, and it seemed to stay a secret for now. Macradon sighed as he reached the 18th floor's warping plaza, if you could call it a plaza, more like a small suspended structure over the river of the 18th floor's main settlement. "Warp, 11th floor" Macradon said as he was engulfed in light blue light and was transported from the swamps of the 18th floor and back to the old city of Taft on the 11th floor.

He would begin to walk, still donning his white armor with red trims, the iconic armor of the guild, at least the colors for that matter. He wasn't too sure if anybody from the guild would show up, but he wanted as many as possible. He wanted to tell the people of his guild about what he knew, because he wasn't too sure who was the one to come before him on the way up to the 19th floor. Wither way, Macradon would send an invitation to all guild members of KoB to meet up at the Guild Hall to discuss a bit about the boss, floor and who were to be sent out to fight on the frontlines. Macradon haven't seen Mack lately, and might be quite busy. Not only was he the Vice-commander, but he was also the one who had good military experience. Macradon had little to none experience with formation combat, he usually just went along the lines of what he was told when facing a floor boss. His role was nearly always "Take care of the dregs" or something like that, and it fit him quite well. The amount of thing he got to slay seemed to be the iconic thing for him, and he was capable of doing it with such precise strikes that would take down a hoard of mobs. Around his neck and out of his armor was the Zeus amulet from the 17th floor boss raid, but it seemed to have stopped its powers from generating anything new, at least for now.

Upon entering the seemingly empty Guild Hall, Macradon began wandering around before he would get to the Meeting Hall with the strategy table. He would locate his own seat for the 3rd in command and commander of vanguard. Macradon had his team to lead, but he hadn't been doing much with them, only doing little to none exercises with them. Of what he knew, he should probably get some team building up and going so the Vanguard team the Crimson Blades would be a stronger and closer vanguard group that it was at the moment. Sitting firmly on the fancy chair of his, Macradon doffed his sallet helmet and would place it on the table in front of him, awaiting members of the guild to come to the meeting, if there were to join at all. He decided for himself that if no one would show up or at least give any notice, he would leave the Guild Hall and see if he could find the floor raid meeting someone else would be hosting.

The doors to the guild hall would open to the crimson armor of the Jade Hunter.  He had been summoned by his current squad leader, Macradon, to talk about the new floor that had just opened up, and the boss that had been found.  It seemed to take them quite a while for the last boss, and the hunter was starting to get worried.  Thankfully, they returned with news from the front.  The hunter wanted to know what needed to be done to join his brothers on the front lines.

Looking around, it seemed that he was the only one to come in.  This wasn't something that he normally did, but he had been close by at the local pub before this.  He hoped that it was only wishful thinking that he was the only one, but things could have happened while he was busy himself.

The hunter stood before Macradon before saying,

"Jade Hunter, Hirru, reporting as order."

He then let himself become 'at ease' while still keeping a strong standing stature.

Seul strolled into the guild hall sometime after the message had been sent wearing his usual "uniform". He waved to both Macradon and Hirru in turn before taking a seat at the table. They were the only ones there but he doubted that would stay the same for long so while they waited he let his thoughts drift. It was not like he did not expect the others to find the room so soon; they always did. But didn't any of the frontliners know what a vacation was? Honestly, the idea of stepping back into another boss battle was not something that appealed to him too much. He wanted to spend some time getting stronger before the next fight, but the rush to clear the game would have to take priority.

Some time passed and he was starting to grow impatient. If the others didn't feel like the meeting was important then he shouldn't have had to suffer and wait for the information. "What is the deal Macradon? What kind of boss are we looking at this time around?"

Lowenthal ran his had through his sandy hair as he stepped into the building that was his guilds' base of operations. It bustled with a plethora of people, those he recognized and a mass of those he didn't. The guild had a lot of members, but only a small handful that went out and front lined. Even their leader, Heathcliff, couldn't be on the front lines, as he was preoccupied with trying to manage such a large guild. What didn't help that, was that Mack had gone awol on the guild as well. And when Lowenthal had more guild affinity than someone else, something was wrong.

Lowe's footsteps clattered and echoed off the marbled floor as he made his way to the front lines meeting room. It was a spacious room, with a round table and a plethora of chairs that stood around it. The wooden door creaked, and echoed as Lowe opened it, and entered the room. At first glance, he could see only three other players. Seul, Hirru, and Mac without a 'K'. Lowenthal let out a small whistle. "Wow, I'm early. That's unsettling." Lowenthal said, closing the door behind him. He made his way over to the table, and pulled up a seat. As Lowenthal sat down, he leaned on the table. "So, before we get started a couple of questions." Lowenthal said, talking to Mac. "One. Will the boss info be shared publically, or will we keep it a secret? Two. The actual hell, is Mack in all of this?" Lowe interjected a bit angerly. "I mean, I understand why Heathcliff can't be here, but the hell is Mack's deal? What's he doing that's so damn important that he can't be here to help us?" Lowenthal asked, knowing that he would get a 'I don't know what Mack's doing' answer from everyone in the room.

Lowenthal let out a quick breath from his nostrils, venting his frustration. "But hey, at least I'm here. KotB's best DPS. So, let's talk business." Lowenthal said, eager to start the meeting.

Macradon would stand up as people began to walk into the guild hall. It was no other than Hirru to be the first to join the meeting. "Roger that!" Macradon replied to Hirru's report, which seemed to be adequate for a meeting like this. Macradon nodded at his direction as he came closer to the table. Clad in his crimson armor, Hirru would keep his stance as he stood up, it was well suited for what would come. Hirru was the first, but hopefully not the last, which was when someone else joined the meeting. Quickly Seul appeared at the guild hall, casually taking a seat at the table, which Macradon seemed fine as this wasn't the full on boss information meeting, just a quick briefer for the guild as whole, taking good care of that little information. “Greetings to you both” he would say and would then continue “The inf- …” but was subtly interrupted by Seul, which made perfect sense since Macradon didn’t really speak that much up. He would clear his throat slightly before answering the question Seul posed at Macradon. He was quite certain that both of them wanted to know about the boss, and having all these members in the guild was gonna attract more people, but for now, the 3 in the room were the only ones at the meeting.

Once again, Macradon was about to tell the information about the boss, but the door to the guild hall was opened, and Lowe and behold, it was Lowenthal. This was a great opportunity to speak up and tell the others about the boss, since the main DPS member of the guild had appeared. Of what he could see, there were 3 distinct characters present. "Well met, Lowenthal" he said as the one actually stronger than him appeared at the meeting, not knowing why he wasn't a Vanguard Commander while Macradon was, was quite mind boggling for Macradon, but he would digress and get back to the chase. "Well yeah, it doesn't seem like that many had their time to appear, but that wont be that much of a problem" he said and would begin to drag out the menu and find the writing block he had with his notes on. He would clear his throat out so every one, all 3 participants of the meeting, would hear what he said. He would first answer the questions Lowenthal came with.

"Good question" Macradon replied to the first question of Lowenthal "I'd prefer us to share the knowledge I have gathered, because it wouldn't be fair for us to be the only ones knowing about the boss's information, also, it will be shared by another person" Macradon said "But I will comment on that later" he continued. Though that wasn't the only question Lowenthal came with, as the second question was quite the question Macradon had pondered upon himself. "Yes ... about that ..." Macradon said "I don't think anyone knows what've been of Mack lately, he just seemed like he disappeared ... but nonetheless, I'm quite sure he will show up sooner or later" he said and would then mutter for himself "I sure hope so ... he better be". Macradon took in a deep breath and would exhale deeply before making a serious look on his face as the boss information would be delivered to the three. Macradon would shiver through his body as he remembered the horrifying look of the boss when he scouted at it, it wasn't a pleasant sight.

"Let's start off this with the boss information I got, but it seemed limited, like someone else had been there before me, so I'm quite sure someone else will be making a grand meeting for everyone, which is why I'm hosting this small internal meeting, to make sure that we at least know what's going on, even if it's just minor details I have" he said. "From the description I can recall ..." he said and looked down at his "It's ..." his eyes widened from the sudden visualization his mind made. He shivered again, as the horror could not be unseen, he just had to mentally prepare himself. He would quickly get to the information again, calming himself down. "It seems like we're going up against some kind of Wolf, but totally not just a "Big Wolf" like Rohk" he said and would skim his notes again "It's name, of what I could tell, is «Malethis, the All Seeing», and that name seems quite fitting, because the beast has eyes scattered all over its body ... it was quite disgusting. Out of all its orifices, including its many eyes, oozes what seems to be a poisonous liquid, so don't drink it" he said with a humorous tone. "It also seems to have fangs, so probably a hard hitter, but doesn't seem to have much armor other than its fur" he said. "Now, to the room we're fighting in. It's a darkly lit cavern with not much light, few torches light up the room along the walls. But scattered around the room are pits and pools filled with a green liquid, probably the same substance oozing from the boss" he said. "A hole in the top of the cave reveals what seems to be a moon, so we might actually be fighting a Lycanthrope" he would point out. "A good thing I noticed while scouting in the boss room itself was that the torches let down embers once in a while like torches do, but when they hit the green liquid, smoke quickly appeared and the liquid would quickly retreat away from the heat, which for what I would think, would mean that weapons with the Burn enhancement is what we should aim for. That is all" he would say and end his long description of what he could get out from his scouting.

It was strange that there were only four people here.   Not only were the Vice Commander and Commander not here, but not even half of the Crimson Blades were here.  He knew that there were a small number of front liners, but this could not be everyone.  Where were Xion, Grave, and Lawfer?  They should be here to get all of this!  The questions going through the hunters mind swam through an ocean of other thoughts, but just as the tide come and goes, the hunter was calm of mind once more.  The information about the boss would have to suffice, he could tell everyone else in time, if they didn't get here.

Upon hearing the attributes of the floor boss, the hunter began to question some things.

"From what I'm hearing, this could be another Rhok situation.  I've only got the reports from that boss fight, but from what I got from it was that it could easily evade most attacks through its fight or flight tactics.  From the description of this «Malethis, the All Seeing», I'm going to assume that it may use its vision to avoid most attacks (Evasion).  If anything, we may need to destroy those eyes, if at all possible."

He then took a second to pace a bit of the room.  There had to be a reason for the poison liquid.  It poured from every oriface, but it also pooled in specific areas.  Why was that?  Especially around those torches.

"The supposed poisonous substance... We'll need antidotes, just in case.  I'll supply as much as I can, as I don't see everyone having access to the Burn enhancement."

Then he stopped for a second before turning to everyone at the table.

"Do you suppose that we could use the substance against it?

Macradon nodded at Hirru, as he posed a question Macradon would try to answer as thoroughly as he possibly could. He would ponder quickly about the reply he would put out, as well as the information that could be true about the Rohk situation again. "That might be a problem" he said "But if we just focus on getting accuracy, we might be able to get through the beast's all seeing eyes" Macradon continued. "Now that I try to focus my build upon my Bleed effect, I think it would be quite ok for me to get crits, but as told, it could be like Rohk and retrieve if it would be attacked by anyone by a crit ..." Macradon said "But taking that into perspective, that's just some of the boss, as you said, Hirru, we might be able to do something about the liquid everywhere in the room. I'll be heading out to slay Cerberus to get the burn potion for this mission, and it would be great if you could make some antidotes just in case" he would say and nod at Hirru. "Now regarding the liquid substance again, as it looks like it's oozing out of the boss, it doesn't look like it is affected by the substance at all, but the Burn effect I might be able to trigger, would maybe do some massive damage to it" he said. "Though we have those tanks out on the frontlines with flame aura and alike, they might be able to do massive damage to the boss" he said "But that relies on others for now, which I'm not too comfortable with" he would comment.

With a sigh he leaned back in his seat and let the information soak in. 

"Well, this sounds like it's gonna suck." He moaned. The boss really did sound like a pain. Tons of eyes would probably end with it having high accuracy and poison was never a good thing in these situations either. On top of all that the room sounded dark so without the night vision mod at his disposal the odds of even landing an attack were low. Still, there was a lot they didn't know about. Hopefully the meeting the other scouter holds would clear things up further in that regard. 

"You said the room had torches in it... Maybe we could try burning up the liquid with those? At least some of it anyway so that there's one less thing we'd have to worry about. You didn't mention anything about seeing minions either so we might be off the hook with that due to the difficulty of the fight. I definitely agree if we can do something about the eyes then we should; with it blinded then maybe that could lead to an easier battle for us."

Macradon's mind sparked when Seul mentioned minions "How could I forget to look for minions" he said "OF COURSE!" he said out loud in a revelation of thoughts. "Now this may be crazy but it's my theory ..." he began "What if, just if, those liquid pools might form small slime monsters? What if those are the minions? A boss alone would be way too easy with all the front liners we have at the moment, considering how well we take out singular targets. All the other bosses we have been against always had some kind of minions, at least for what I know. When I joined my first boss raid, it was against Avarious, the fallen angel. Even though he didn't have "minions" so to speak, he had another one as his shield, like a minion. Next up was the dreaded Rohk, even having small eagle minions and its eggs. Limbo and its many hatchlings. Akumarasu and its stupid cultists. And finally, Leonidas and his 300 spartans. It all adds up, a boss needs its minions to be able to take care of the wave of high level frontliners that just steamroll it all, minions are a must. But of course, this is just a theory, a boss theory" he said with a humerus tone at the end of the sentence.

"I suppose that would make sense; nothing can ever be simple here." Although there was no way of being sure, Macradon did bring up good points concerning the minions for the battle. The liquid turning into slime like creatures was something he wouldn't have accounted for, but at the same time inanimate objects rarely retreated from things like fire. "If you're right though wouldn't that mean Malethis is constantly making more from its body? We could end up getting surrounded by those things if we aren't quick." Granted they did just survive a war against three hundred enemies, the monsters of that raid only came in a finite supply. As always having AoE to take out the trash would be mandatory, but even with all of them working together would they be able to kill the enemies faster than they spawned? He could not say, but knowing the resourcefulness of his peers he had faith that it would all work out somehow. 

Seul made an excellent point on what information was given and how Macradon's theory could turn out to be quite the difficult one. "Ah, of course!" he would say "So the small dregs wont be there to start with, but slowly generated, and probably racking up in a matter of seconds, it would make sense" he said. Thinking about the good sides of this battle, Macradon thought of recent events. "Now hearing that the sword arts were updated and a hotfix was sent through the game, I'm hearing rumors of people switching to two handed weapons, which has great amounts of AOE attacks" he would say and would then continue after taking in another breath "So the amount of small slimes would not be a huge problem, if this rumor seemed to be true. Or else I will be in a grave situation" he said, as he was one known for his expertise in dreg slaying. Macradon would quickly grab a hold on the menu and would bring out his note block again and would quickly scribble down notes from their conversation at the moment. All of this could be vital information for the guild, and also the people of Aincrad.

Lowenthal leaned his chair back as he listened to the players converse about the boss room. He had been thinking about it this whole time, about the boss, it's room, previous bos fights, among other things. Lowenthal let out a loud cough before speaking. "So, assuming that the boss spits a green goo and creates a bunch of geleten monster is fine and all. But how the hell does that make sense?" Lowenthal said, leaning his chair back on all fours. "Every boss mob in he past that had spare dregs to throw at us, had some sense of reason to them. Leo and his three hundred spartans. That monkey, and it's cultists. Limbo and it's spiders. Everyone of them had mobs that made sense. Im bending everything in my mind to make 'wolf' and 'jelly monster' work, but it just aint clicking." The sandy haired warrior replied scratching the back of his head.

"And we can't just assume that they'll be mobs in the room. Take a look at the tenth floor boss fight. Instead of extra mobs, there was another mechanic in place where it healed a great amount of HP in a turn." Lowenthal said, remembering his talks with Mari. At least before their falling out. "Another thing that's been bugging me. You guys are also assuming that the boss is 'creating' those puddles of liquids. I'm thinking that he uses it for survival, as in drinks from them." Lowenthal said explaining his thoughts. "I'm more curious as to what would happen if we took a whole torch and tossed it into the puddles." Lowenthal thought aloud.

Listening to everyone's thoughts, the hunter had to think more clearly.  With the information being quite vague, he couldn't figure out a battle plan.  For all that he knew, they would probably have everyone from the Crimson Blades division in this battle, but that wasn't a certainty.  Especially now, as their Vice Commander had gone missing, and their Commander never making an appearance, unless needed.  They needed him more than ever, but the only one that knew where he could be was Mack, and he's still gone.

Looking upon everyone from where he stood, the hunter sighed.

"With what little information that we have, we can only make general strategies, and plan for specific instances.  For now, we should plan teams for specifics." 

He said while scratching his chin in thought.

"I'm sure that the floor boss will have a 'gimmick', as Lowenthal says, and we need to find that fast.  With that, if there are minions to deal with, we'll have a team for that too."

Pacing back towards Macradon, he opened his menu to show a large amount of notes and panels that seems to fly everywhere.  Everyone of them would have some statistical analysis of everyone within the guild.  Even as a guild member, the hunter was first and foremost a tactical fighter.  With his side-job of bodyguard duty for the Merchant, he had learned to use his nosy disposition to gather more than just memories.  He had enough statistical information to summarize the roles of most of the well known members of the front lines.

"From what I have, I believe that Xion is our hardest defensive member with you, Macradon, as one of our hardest hitting AOE.  I'm sure that you two should be our minion and boss party.  In the meantime, Lowenthal will head another team to take advantage of whatever 'gimmick' that we can find.  If that means throwing torches, then that team will do so.  I would like it if there was someone to draw attention away from him, so I would assume that Seul should take that mantle, but that's up to you.  I'll probably be joining either one, depending on who needs me more."

He started giving a quick thought and pulled two windows from the side.  One had some information, but not a lot, while the other had nearly nothing.  These represented the Vice Commander and the Commander respectively.

"Do we have any news of the Vice Commander and/or the Commander joining us for this coming fight?"

Acknowledging Lowenthal's questions, Macradon would nod at him. "I agree, it was a small theory I had, not that it meant it was exactly what it is. For what ever reason we may know, the other person holding the real boss meeting might actually have more information about it that we do, maybe something like the boss just having a gimmick, like you said" Macrdaon would reply, still thinking that his theory was plausible, if not realistic nor fitting with the theme of a lycanthropy. Looking at what Lowenthal said about the oozing liquid that came from the wolf, he imposed that it might've been drinking that liquid, but that would bring questions to Macradon. "Well, if it was drinking it, I just don't see why it would, as it oozes out from every visible orifice from it's body, as well as its mouth" he would say. "Maybe drinking it to clean out his body?" he would question.

Listening to what Hirru would say now, was quite the good initiative to take. Not only did they need to find possible ways the boss could appear as, as well as having multiple strategies from the guild's side to take care of a large amount of mobs or just the boss with some kind of gimmick. Like what Lowenthal suggested, the wolf may drink the puddles to regain health, like the tenth boss he mentioned, or maybe use it for something else, Macradon unknowingly thought. Either way, they had to attend then boss meeting whenever possible. Thinking of what Lowenthal asked for when thinking about setting the small puddles into furious flames by just chugging in a whole torch would be a fun idea to try out, to see what would happen if they did that. Macradon would shake his head in a displeased manner, looking over at Hirru "I fear not. I at least know nothing about the Commander nor the Vice Commander, nor about their appearance at the boss fight" Macradon would say.

• 2 weeks later...

"Then it looks like we're on our own then." Now that he actually thought about it, quite a fair amount of time had passed since he last saw Mack or the commander. Maybe they had some secret business to attend to, but was anything really more important than figuring out how to take down the bosses? He didn't know, but he was halfway expecting an explanation once they returned. "Anyway, your formations sound fine to me Hirru. I just wish we had all of the information at our disposal. Taking shots in the dark like this sucks when it could mean a matter of life and death." He said with a soft sigh. He couldn't help but feel uneasy about the next battle. Even if there was only one monster, it would probably be through the roof in terms of power. They had done well thus far with clearing floors, but their luck would only get them so far so the need for careful planning was crucial. 

Edited by Seul

Macradon grit his teeth for what was coming. He did not like this at all, it wasn't as smooth as everything else was, how it always went as it should, but now, not so much. Angry with this, Macradon's mind was fueled with angry and wrathful thoughts, but it didn't seem like it was effecting him on the outside. On his appearance, he would keep his cool and enjoy that he was still alive and well, but deep down inside, he would erupt into a hateful state that would only be locked away by Macradon's own willpower and strength. Macradon nodded at both Hirru and Seul, as Hirru had come up with a decent strategy for the assault on the wolf. With what they had now, the only thing they could was to wait for the official meeting was to be initiated and handled with. "I agree, that throwing punches out into the dark isn't as good as knowing where the enemy really is ... all we have left to do is to wait for the official meeting to start. I don't mind any of you to appear at the meeting, but I'm not sure if I can come myself, I've begun to get a lot of requests in my shop, and I can't just let them stay there, not being made or delivered" Macradon said. Even though it did seem selfish, that he prioritized his business over the boss raid meeting, but it wasn't for himself, it was for the future of the frontlines. He was in hope, that one day, a large group of people would come and be prominent fighters on the field. This blacksmith of his had no profit, it wasn't because he was earning anything at all, all he ever did was to get some materials, and then let them disappear as he crafted and ended up not making what he needed.

Lowenthal waved at Mac. "Don't worry about the official meeting, I'll go. Besides, I was invited it seems." Lowenthal said, rummaging through his messages. "I'll go as a representative for the Knights of the Blood Oath, discuss what we discussed here, and relay information back. And hopefully avoid Opal and any other undesirables if I can." Lowenthal said, standing up from the table. Perhaps he could get some more info out of whomever else saw the boss. He needed a bit more than 'wolf demon monster, that had green stuffs.' He sighed, and walked away. "Anyhow, which ever way you spin it. This sounds like a poison boss so stock up on Antidoes while we can. And be sure to give Zandra a break once in a while, poor girl could use a vacation." Lowenthal said, now leaving.

-lowenthal has exited the thread.-

Macradon waved back at Lowenthal "Sounds good, I'll be thrilled to hear what they're discussing at the other meeting". Nodding at his Guild comrade, Macradon would look at what they had gathered of information in front of them. There didn't seem to be any real minions that would make sense for them to be present. The slime theory wasn't a good theory as the theme did not follow through with the Lycanthropy-like theme everything was going with. Macradon could only hope for anything good coming from the meeting on the other side, hopefully getting enough information so they could get over the battle as fast as possible. Nodding at Lowenthal's last remark before he would leave the meeting "Aye, Antidotes sounds like a good idea" he said and would be assured that he already had a few of those in his inventory, but having more would not be bad.

Seul leaned back in his seat lazily as the final points had been made concerning their starategy for fighting the boss. "I guess it's safe to assume we're done here then." He asked while pushing his chair back to get ready to leave. Despite the small number of knights who actually bothered to show up, the meeting had been pretty informative for what it was worth. Hopefully he would have enough time to prepare for the next battle, but even if he didn't he could always just ask to sit out if things felt too dangerous. Right now he needed to focus on reaching at least level forty before the battle has his progress had gone stagnent since the end of the last raid. Sitting around in the guild hall wasn't going to help that, but rather than just leave he looked toward the other two in turn before posing his question. 

"What're guys planning to do now?"

Lowenthal made his exit and would leave for the official open meeting, hopefully getting some really good information out of it. Looking over at Seul, Macradon would nod "Aye, meeting dismissed" Macradon would command and stand up from his Vanguard Commander chair. Oveseerring this meeting, Macradon had collected a lot of information that was valid for him to extract and work with. This meeting, though short on participants, was bountiful with the information they got from it all. Macradon was slightly disappointed by the arrival of only a handful, if you could even call it that, of members appearing, but he was glad that the meeting was held. They had gathered some internal information, which was good, as well as Lowenthal getting some information from the other meeting, meaning that they would either get their theories corrected or approved. Looking over at Seul, Macradon would respond to his question "I'm thinking of stocking up on a few more antidotes, but I seriously need to get some more materials, so maybe also a mat hunt" Macradon would respond to Seul.