{F1} Personal Duel: Koroshira versus Zwei

This guy is really ticking me off. 

I thought as I stared at the back of the dagger-wielding player known as Zwei. I had quested with him-not by choice, mind you, but when one is desperate, he will do anything he can-and the whole time he was more detached than I was. Making only the smallest of comments when necessary, he was all that I hated: arrogant, idiotic, and weak. He believed he was so much higher than his true superior-myself. That was downright rage-inducing. Having to deal with another's presence for that long was bad enough, but one such as his was an offense. Thanks to the party system that I had yet to deactivate, he was fairly easy to find. Currently on the First Floor, looking for boar to slay to gain a level no doubt.

I cleared my throat, bringing attention to myself to make me noticeable, "Fight me." Two simple words cut through the silence of the plains we were in, and i found myself thankful for the lack of players around us.Honestly, I didn't care too much whether this was a duel to the death or not. I preferred to play solo anyway, so going orange for a few days wasn't all that much of a problem. The artificial sky above turned orange as the sun began to set, and a small smile spread over my features. 

Edited by Koroshira

After completing the last quest, I had instantly asked locals about Aika. Unfortunately, I couldn't receive any information, and so my only other option was to wait until either I found her or she found me. My solution to my situation was to level up. Perhaps we would meet on some higher level. And what was any better way to gain levels than to grind mobs. I planned to use the common place to grind, the plains. Now that it was nearing dusk, many players were traveling back to the town, and this allowed me to focus on my thoughts more... or so I thought. Just before I started my travels into the plains, I noticed a player approaching me from the corner of my eye. Seeing as they were glaring at me, I decided they wanted to talk to me. I turned to face them, and as the player neared me, I moved my hand towards my dagger. My assumption was that they had planned to fight me, and I was right when the player said two words: fight me. My younger self would have instantly fled, but I wasn't like that anymore. I felt a familiar rush of something... though I couldn't identify what I felt. I had almost rejected him, but when I remembered what had happened to me in the past, I hesitated. After a few silent moments of calculating the players armor, or at least studying him, I took out my dagger and twirled it in my hand. The simple method of fighting went through my mind once again. 'Step 1: Intimidate the opponent'

I rolled my eyes at the obvious attempt to intimidate me, and drew the straight sword on my back, spinning it through my fingers and sliding into a stance. "Just by looking at you, I can tell three things already wrong with your technique." I spoke, adopting my observational deadpan. Narrowing my eyes, I decided to take it a step further, "Also, if you truly believe a little twirling is enough to intimidate someone, you're even more naive than I thought." I glared down Zwei, before my expression seamlessly morphed into one of pure apathy. Truth be told, I could feel my heart pump with an anticipation normally felt before a Stride Race. Yet...there was never the same feeling of danger that this did. The fact that I could die here set a fire in me that would normally freeze over. My apathy slowly changed into a small, confident smirk as i rolled my shoulders and loosened up. "Your move.

Zwei ID# 66673 results:;Battle: 8  ;Craft: 12  Loot: 18 MOB: 1

"Your mistake." Without hesitation, I rushed towards the player and raised my dagger to slice as his chest as I went by. Within a few seconds, I stood behind the player in a fighting stance. I knew my dagger had landed a successful hit, and glancing behind me, I saw the players shoulder side embroidered in red, although only along a small section. I turned to face the player, ready to strike once again, or even dodge this time. 'Step 2: move faster than he can analyze.' "This is why I waited until dusk. I hate players who think they can just go around beating others... it pisses me off!" I hadn't intended to raise my voice towards the end, but this guy was pushing my buttons. He had no clue what he was getting himself into. I had years of experience with these weapons in the real world. Did he really think he could over take me? I pushed my distracting thoughts aside and focus on the player's blade. 'This should be easy.'

2 Damage delivered

No mit

Edited by Zwei

Damage: 8 Crafting: 10 Loot: 17 Mob: 7

I blew hair out of my eyes before rolling my shoulder and eyeing my health. Two health. Well then. I started chuckling as I rolled my shoulder and twirled my blade before acting like I was walking away. Then, spinning on my heel, I put all those years in Stride to use, darting towards Zwei like I had done in the National Finals against Japan's number one Stride Team's captain. Bringing my blade up, I ducked low, and spun, slicing diagonally up Zwei's chest, leaving a glowing red trail. My happiness was cut short however as a knife found its home in my chest. We stood there, face to face and eye to eye before I fell backwards, landing on the soft grass. A sneer placed on my features, I glared up at Zwei and even though a strange tingling like shock came from my chest, I chuckled bitterly. 

"Heh-heh...you know....there's one thing...I never mentioned....never caught on to about you..." I breathed, eyeing my health bar, not sure whether or not I was thankful for the tiny red sliver, pulsing like an erratic heart beat. "in your eyes, it's clear as day.."

2 damage done

No mitigation

Edited by Koroshira

I looked down at the laying form of the player with a blank face, although I questioned what he meant. I turned away, ready to leave and allow myself some time to regenerate, but before I left, I decided to deliver a few last words. "How could you know anything about me. Unless you had been spying on me this whole time and had planned to take me down right from the start, but I doubt that's what happened." Looking back, I suddenly recognized the players features. He was on the quest with me and the other player, Arc I believe was his name. This one must've been Koroshira then. I decided to ignore my disturbing thoughts of how I couldn't recognize him within the first few seconds of seeing him, and I continued with my speech. "If you really want to take me down, then I'll tell you how. You have great agility, but you fail to be able to target the vital points. Your blade slows you down, allowing me more time to strike you. If you want to defeat me, get stronger, faster, and get more health. Though you did manage to land a strike on me, it was your own fall. You should have seen that I would hit you or block in your attack. Honestly, you should've run away. Bravery isn't always the best option. But I suppose I should stop lecturing you now. It's not like it matters. I've had experience with weapons and combat. I'm not sure what you have, but improve it." With my time wasting lecture finished, I started to walk off towards the starter town. I only came to kill a few boars and yet I couldn't even get to one. What a waste of time.

I laughed bitterly-the first laugh in a very long time, before speaking loud enough for him to hear me, "you know, you should just give it up. The person you're looking for...if you haven't found them yet and they didn't even have the courtesy of sending you a friend request or search you up by now...then they're either ignoring you or dead. I never understood the need to play the hero.....nor did I ever understand looking out for others....but you should really know one thing: those who believe they'll succeed playing the hero...are both naive and destined to die early." I said, knowing the small smile I wore didn't reach my eyes. I lost the match against a nuisance of a player, sure, but I never gave up the high-ground easily, and judging by the way he responded when I first spoke after being defeated, this will take him off guard. Logically speaking by what I've seen of him so far, I might be another casualty of the Death Game tonight....yet for some reason, that didn't bother me as much as it probably should. I guess i didn't care so long as I knocked him off-balance to the point where he would become a player killer so early on. 

My hand clenched around my dagger as he spoke of Aika. His words were true, yet I hadn't thought of them before. Did I just not want to believe him? I turned around to face him, a slight hint of anger barely showing through my expression. "What do you know about her? What can you say about friends? It seems you haven't had any so far either. No, you know nothing of friends. Aika can't be dead! She was holding my hand while logging in with me! I just have to find her. Besides, maybe she has yet to find out about the option, but even so, We'll find each other." I didn't even bother to think of the simple ways to find Aika, I had only relied on other players. I turned away and sheathed my dagger, quite regrettably though. I had some sort of pang I couldn't describe, but it begged for blood. Thinking back to my sister, I tightened my grip around the dagger. This player knew nothing about friends, even if he had any. He couldn't have led the same life as me. Before my anger got out of control, I tried to convince myself that he didn't know me, and there as no reason to get angry at him. I then let out a sigh, and turned around once again. "Anything else to say?"

His restraint surprised me; it was a foreign feeling. So foreign that I had to actually take a few minutes to put a name to the feeling. It was uncomfortable. I resolved to do my best never to allow such an unbalancing feeling hit me again. My smile morphed into a small smirk as he revealed so much more information that I hadn't known yet. I figured the person he was looking for was close, based on the look in his eyes, but not that close. I was as pleased as I was disappointed however when he spoke about not knowing of the search option. Naivety and foolishness. 

"So...her's name's Aika, is it?" I asked him, lightly groaning as I sat up and waited for the world to come back into focus before looking into his eyes and felt the smirk widen somewhat. Oh, I loved unbalancing people. I stood to my feet, sheathed my sword, and turned away, speaking over my shoulder, "I may not have need of any friends, but I do know of attachment, and how weak it makes you. The fact that you assumed I knew so much about your lover proves my point even more: you are naive and foolish. Think of my next words as a reward for beating me: don't reveal so much personal information to the assailant who knocked you off balance." I stuffed my hands in my pockets, gripping the teleport crystal within and mentally counted down. Due to his restraint, it's possible he wouldn't attack at all. However, it's probable I unbalanced him to the point of rage, based on the the fact that his eyes had gone from practically dead to wrathful. Either way, it was good to have a contingency plan.

The fact that I just let out a small bit of info caused me to mentally kick myself. How could I be so stupid to let that slip? I gripped my dagger harder,turning my hands completely white. This guy knew how to piss me off, and if he knew how to enrage me, there was no telling what else he could do, apart from his fighting skills. If someone like that were to expose me... I released my grip on my dagger and let my hand fall to my side. Quickly glancing back, I noticed one of his hands stuffed into his pocket, which looked larger than it should have. Getting ready for whatever he was about to do, I gave him my final words. After, I planned to avoid him as much as possible. "Nothing will save you." I wasn't sure if he understood, but I didn't want to send a clear message anyways. Considering what I said was completely out of context according to the current conversation, I figured it would confuse him a bit. I started to walk back to the starter city. ignoring any actions Koroshira had made. On the bright side, I hadn't told him about my sister. I never let anything slip about that, but then again, I don't do with Aika either. As much as it bothered me, I shurgged it off and continued walking. 'Just focus on now. No one knows anything except for me. He doesn't know if I told the truth or not. In fact, it didn't matter if I did. I could make up some story another time... if there is another time.'