[PP-F3] Another new friend! (Adhaerere, Rin) {RGQ} COMPLETED

@Rin

Back again on the third floor, Adhae was prepared to do some material gathering. She desperately needed more food materials for her to continue work at her shop; there was no point in it if she wasn't baking anything. It had been much too long since she created anything worthwhile and she wanted to start up again. Materials were going to be troublesome for her in the future; they required a lot of effort to find. More often than not she would go a whole trip without many gathered. She had been up to floor two before to find some and hadn't had much luck. Maybe the prairies of foor three would yield more fruit or vegetables. 

Stepping off of the teleport pad in the center of Delilah Village, she made a beeline towards the front gate. She wanted to get this done quickly and efficiently, and was prepared to dismiss all distractions-- oh look, a fancy Cook shop! She stopped abruptly and backtracked to get inside, gaping in awe at the masterfully done cakes and meals displayed all over. The NPC at the counter greeted her warmly. "Welcome to my shop! I have a problem, player! I need a special food to complete an order from someone, but I can't find it? Will you help me?" The quest prompt popped up in front of her so quickly that she jerked back in surprise, not having expected this quest. Huh. She clicked accept. Why not. 

The NPC said, "Thank you! The material is a <<Golden Carrot>>, grown only near a large lake that is so still it reflects like a mirror. Go there and bring it back to me once you're done." The NPC shut up then, and Adhae blinked in surprise. Alrighty. 

Edited by Adhaerere

Rin's eyes began to blink as she traversed the third floor, it was difficult understanding just exactly what her plans were but she was still desperately in need of materials to help make her own clothing. She merely sat there at the edge of the city looking out as she was particularly worried about ever managing to get enough materials for herself. As she stretched out she pondered how this world worked, some people who traveled with her were able to find lots of materials where she would merely look over seeing nothing. Perhaps this was all just related to the abilities of someone's skills in search and detect. A hand now reached down to her lap pulling her skirt down as she nibbled her lip. The figure merely rocked back an forth for a few minutes before she clapped her hands together.

"Ok Rin, you have wasted far more time then you are honestly capable of letting slip through your fingers. Now if only there was an obvious location that would sparkle or something acting as a gold mind of sorts for the gathering of materials."

Strolling out of the third floor village before then looking toward the ground before her as most of the dye's and material for weaving her own clothes were demanded. As she wandered out from the city Rin had already began in journey for searching more and more material. 

"Oh wear, oh wear could your little materials be. I just need a lot more material but there seems to be none for me."

ID: 66811 LD: 4+1=5

Edited by Rin

"Alright then, let's get this started."

She left the shop, her thoughts of admiring the baked goods gone out the window. She quickly left the village and began trekking down the road. Oh boy, this would be fun. She realized she had no idea where the Mirror Lake would be. Stopping, she looked around her to try to get a hint of where she should start. She didn't see anything, except a little glint of light off in the distance... And a person standing near her. Adhae hadn't noticed the person before, somehow. She was right in the middle of the road. "Uh, hello!" Adhae said, waving her hand. "Might you know where the Mirror Lakes are? I need to do a quest there. I'm not sure where to start, and I don't want to spend all of my time wandering around this floor. These floors are pretty large, after all." She laughed a little, and walked towards the stranger, unafraid. "Can you help me?" She looked at her a little closer, but could only tell the colour of the person's hair and length of it from the back, and what sort of stature they had. From what she could see, it looked like a girl. Maybe. They were shorter than Adhae by a foot or so, but that was normal. Adhae was a tall person. 

Rin's presence wasn't a strong one particularly after she heard someone addressing her from behind as she wasn't all that observant sadly which mad her possible searching and gathering skill pick rather poor. As she stood back up she tried to seem a bit strong despite her trembling figure as she shook her head no in response to the question about where the Mirror Lake was about. She simply began to poke her index fingers together as she wondered where she came from. Apparently their were some quests by the body of water, but she never heard of any as far as she knew. 

"Umm sorry, but I'm still a bit new to adventuring this is actually the first time I came to this floor, I was just hoping I could find some useful materials about the village outskirts. If you want though I could wander aimlessly with you as it's always a bit less scary to be lost with someone else then just by yourself."

This was less for her companion's sake and more for her own as she was terrified of stretching farther then her current position from the city as she hasn't actually developed any friendships with people that she truly trusted. 

"I'm really sorry that I can't be of any more help then that but I would love to assist you finding the lake. Although I can't even find the materials that I'm searching for."

ID: 66813 LD: 9+1=10

Edited by Rin

"Oh that's alright!" Now that she could see the girl from the front, she looked very adorable and harmless. Adhae's smile grew into a wide grin. "Welcome to the third floor. It's not super scary here, and we can avoid monsters fairly easily. And hey, I'm looking for materials too! I'd love to help you search. Actually, I've got a quest that I just accepted from a shopkeeper in the town. If you want to go accept that quest too, we'd have some fun looking for the quest item. And we could collect materials along the way." Her face brightened, happy to meet another person who she could help. "Here, follow me." She waved towards their destination and set off walking.

She led the way back into the town, expecting the girl to follow. She had a bad habit of not looking back to see if her companions were keeping up with her, something that could be tragic for someone who had a slow pace. Adhae's legs were long and she did not dillydally. Soon enough, she was back at the shop she'd accepted the quest from and only turned to look back for the girl at that point. She held the door open for her. "In here. And what's your name? I'm Adhae," she said with a smile. 

Rin's eyes wandered up to see that Adhae was fairly tall as she couldn't imagine that she was so childish compared to the woman before her, fidgeting and worrying about her own appearance now. A simple nod of the head as she heard about the remarks on not being to terrified by the increasing strength of mobs in this city. The third floor was a gorgeous as all the rest, the inventor of the game really paid attention to those details despite the horrors that still lingered around her despite the reassuring words that everyone said. She and Itzal both suggested that this world wasn't a dangerous as she had made it out to be, perhaps prejudices with her own experiences thanks to all of this.

"I really can't attest to the combat and monsters although I have happily managed to avoid the majority of them while in my endeavors of searching out the different materials. Anyway, not that I'm really wanting to rush us but I actually am interested in seeing this lake. I actually haven't seen on of them in ages, although I doubt the water would be warm enough to swim in but I imagine it would be cool. Rin."

She finished her thoughts with her own name hoping that she didn't make it all that confusing. She sighed now losing her lack of confidence in her search for materials. 

"Having any luck?"

"You should try swimming. It's a little strange in virtual reality, but its likeness to real swimming is as believable as it gets. We can go swimming once we get there if you want." She smiled. "Maybe we could invite some of my other friends to go swimming with us another time. Have you met anyone else in the game yet, by the way? And nice to meet you Rin." 

Once they stepped inside the shop, she pointed at the shopkeeper. "Once you walk close enough to it, it'll prompt you with the quest. Accept it and we'll be ready to go. I'm going to look at some of these cakes while you do that." She could barely finish her sentence before she was drawn to the beautiful foods, looking at the expertly iced layers of cake and expertly displayed meals. She saw steak with potatoes and green beans, chicken tacos, and lots of other meals that inspired her immensely. Her mouth formed a little "o" as she looked around at them. She turned to the other wall, and saw a giant cake that stood maybe three feet tall. Her jaw dropped. She walked close to it, tentatively, as if stepping too hard on the ground would disturb the cake and ruin the beauty. The frosting was a pale mint green and had bands of darker green around the base of each of the three layers. On the top one, there was a green fondant flower carefully placed on the edge of the rounded layer. The white edible pearl in the center of the flower completed the look. "Holy.." If only she could make things like this. 

Edited by Adhaerere

"I never would have imagined what they were capable of making feel realistic in this company, I frankly never would have imagined that the food could taste virtually the exact same as it was in the real world. Grant it, their are some unique issues with the food where you can't quite add in the same sorta spices unless you grow to become the strongest chef in the game - I'm sorta jealous that I wasn't able to take on that as a profession as well as being a tailor because it feels sorta limiting to be forced into a single profession."

As a solitary player who doesn't enjoy the thrill of shopping it definitely would have made her life easier if she could cook her own food and make her own clothes as that was all she really needed from life.

"We could go swimming I guess, though I'm not really certain of how big a crowd do you want to have though. I'm not the greatest person to bring to parties - I sorta get anxious while among people that I don't really know that well. E-even now I'm feeling a little bit antsy to be completely honest. As for taking on this mission where exactly was it again? I hope it will get me something that I need to make my outfit to be honest."

Rin nibbled her bottom lip before glancing back down to her feet feeling the pressure of being among others again.

Distracted from her cake gazing, Adhae laughed softly as the girl spoke. "Oh, there's no need to feel anxious around me. I hope you'll be more comfortable with me as we get to know each other again. And you're right, spices would be very useful but I don't have access to meals yet. I only have Rank 2 in my profession so I only get Desserts and Snacks. I'm sure I'll level up soon though. I enjoy cooking a lot and plan to do it as often as I can," she chirped, smiling. "The quest is to search for a <<Golden Carrot>> by the Mirror Lakes. I think they're out past the town somewhere, though I'm not sure in what direction. We'll have to make a lucky guess." She stepped back over to the girl, hands clasped together in front of her. "There's not much to it other than that. Though I expect the item will be a little difficult to collect, we should be able to look for more materials than just that one on our way over to it. I know I need materials to keep cooking, and you probably need materials for your gear." She began walking towards the door. "You ready?" 

Rin's face blushed as she was apparently being laughed at now turning her eyes toward the ground rather flustered by the predicament that she was now locked in place. As she continued to talk with the woman she began to feel her stomach churning from the remarks to food as she was quite hungry now enjoying the idea of having some dessert. One hand now lowered to her stomach as she nibbled her bottom lip merely nodding as she couldn't really interrupt her at the moment as she wanted to know all the conversation about how to level up through their ranks. She rocked back and forth upon her toes and heal as she began to ponder all the delicious products that Adhae was most likely producing and selling to others who had the money to pay for it.

"I'm not really even at a stage where my own abilities and I agree we should search for all the materials, as for that golden carrot of yours I don't really have a need for one as I'm not a cook. Although I'm interested in tasting some of your work some day because food is sounding really good after my long nights of not really eating anything. Maybe after we find that carrot of your you could make something?"

Rin asked wanting to hide the watering in her mouth as she was now strolling back out toward the paths, eyes open for any and all possible resources that she could pick up.

ID: 66824 LD: 13+1=14

Edited by Rin

Adhae smiled at the suggestion of food. "I've got some regular bread on me at the moment. You can have that while we wait, alright?" She swiped her menu up with two fingers and selected the Bread she'd gotten when she first joined. She hadn't used much of it, actually. Now, she pulled out two pieces, handed one to Rin and bit off a piece of the other. "I 'ont kno' if I ha' any..." she swallowed, "good items in my shop. I want to save the other things to sell to customers to get to the shop. If I do have anything in the future, I'll be sure to send you some. I'm positive I'll have plenty, due to items that give buffs being really hard to craft. What's something you would like? I can make desserts and snacks at the moment. Anything you want me to make, I can do." She flashed a smile at the girl, and began walking with her. 

"Now, let's find that lake."

She led the way out of the town, coming across the front road again. She stopped there and surveyed the landscape. Her hand came to rest on her chin. "Hmmm. Where do you think we should go? I don't see any marker that might lead us to the lake." Her eyes flicked over Rin's face before returning to the prairies around them. "Shame the questgiver didn't give us any specific instructions on how to get there." She shrugged and waited for Rin to decide their course. 

-2 Bread

Rin's mouth began to water at the very offer of anything, she hadn't really eaten for a few days except what other people were willing to offer since she was basically living off of charity at the moment. She happily bobbed her head eagerly seeking companionship with a chef who was willing to spare any morsel for her. As the piece was handed of she eagerly snatched it up and began to take huge chomps out of it swallowing down the food as she closed her eyes moaning pleasantly from the sustenance entering her belly. A rather delighted smile and giddy nod accompanying her remark of offering any delicious as she began to mumble while still taking delicious bites out of it her own speech being grumbled by the delightful food.

"Dresh urs ther murst delurcus furd I'vr had in a long time." 

Her audio becoming more comprehensible now chewing the loaf of bread till she glanced over toward the other woman now feeling slightly embarrassed by her own gluttony of sorts.

"I'm sorry, I just haven't eaten all that much since - well a long while."

As Adhae asked about where to go she began to find her mind going blank as she honestly had been caught up in the moment of devouring the food. She blushed and nibbled her bottom lip sighing rather ashamed. She decided a possible route or even guess was better then nothing as she pointed off toward a trail heading through the prairies. 

"I really wish I could be more helpful, but umm how about that way?"

Adhae smiled at the sight of seeing Rin eat the bread, always finding joy in seeing people enjoy their food. "I'm glad you like it. It's just starter bread. Here, take some more. I've got plenty." Swiping up her inventory once more, she sent a trade request to the girl, asking to send over 8 Bread

As she nibbled on her own bread, tearing off small chunks to devour, she listened to the girl speak about her lack of food. She frowned, not liking the idea that she didn't have anything to eat for a long time. She felt prepared to supply her with any tidbits of food that she could spare. It would be her goal now. Setting it in her mind, she smiled and looked in the direction that Rin pointed. "Seems as good of a direction as any. Let's go." She looked at the girl and smiled, then started heading down the path. As they walked, she looked on the ground for any materials she might collect. She'd gotten a little better at recognizing the tops of edible plants such as onions and carrots. And spices were fairly easy to recognize. 

ID: #66883  LD: 4

Sadly, she didn't spot anything. She paused her searching for a moment and turned her head to the girl as they walked, slowing her pace so they could walk side by side. "So, what's your story? How'd you come to be a part of SAO?"

Edited by Adhaerere

Rin's eyes were still peering through her bangs when she saw that more bread was being offered to her, eagerly accepting any and all food as she wasn't all that greedy when it came to what she ate. Beggers couldn't be choosers was what her parents use to tell her and she believed that even the most worst tasting meals could be seen as a blessing depending on how little you ate. As the trade request came in with 8 loaves of bread Rin's eyes lit up with shock. She hesitantly reached a finger forward to accept the incoming food as she looked down rather ashamed. 

"I can't thank you enough for this food, I normally wouldn't be willing to accept this charity - but I sorta am running low on supplies since I lost my boyfriend here."

She grimaced after offering up that information for free as she didn't generally like talking about Alex after he died. Rin's face drooped back down allowing her bangs to overs her eyes as she was attempting to conceal her tears while they continued to travel down the path hopefully toward their destination as she wasn't entirely positive it if was. As Adhae probed for more information of why she wound up in SAO caused Rin to droop even more drearily.

"I only joined this game because of my boyfriend he said that it would be fun for the two of us to enjoy the new virtual reality experience together -"

She looked about for any materials to make her outfit but it seemed like there was little along this path.

ID: 66885 LD: 2

Edited by Rin

"You are very welcome Rin. Don't be afraid to ask me for things," Adhae said, smiling encouragingly at the girl. She seemed like a very modest and shy person, which Adhae couldn't blame or criticize. Everyone has their own personality and acts differently. She'd just need to probe at the girl's shell until she let her through. Maybe she should ask more questions-- Oh, Rin was answering her first one. She listened attentively as she spoke about her lost boyfriend. Adhae didn't quite understand, but after looking at Rin her facial expressions explained as much. The poor thing. She gently lifted her hand and placed it on the girl's shoulder, offering a re-assuring squeeze. "I'm sorry, I hope asking didn't cause you much pain. You don't need to talk about it anymore, okay?" She smiled sadly, feeling bad for causing it to be brought up. Her hand dropped from the girl's shoulder, and she cast her eyes down to the path, looking for bushels of spices again as she spoke once more. 

ID: #66887  LD: 

She didn't spot anything as they rounded the crest of the hill.

"What do you want to focus your skills on? I'm trying to be a tank. I've always loved helping people, in real life and in game, and here it actually gives me the opportunity to save people's lives. I think that's what is most important to me. It's a wonderful feeling," she said, turning her eyes towards Rin as they continued on. She'd practiced looking at people and walking straight at the same time for her whole life, and had the hang of it at this point. The aversion of her eyes from their path would cause her to miss the sight of the Mirror Lakes in front of them. 

Edited by Adhaerere

Rin now cast her gaze back up with a rather weak smile as she attempted to hide her emotions once more about the subject of her now dead boyfriend, she didn't want to appear like some poor child who couldn't move on from the tragedies that everyone was facing in this game. Her head shook back and forth to reassure that the probing questions were fine as she still was attempting to find the words to speak. It was harder then she ever could imagine, losing her grandparents wasn't nearly as bad as this as she knew at least they lived full lives and were able to live and love for the better portions of their lives. While she and Alex shared memories in and outside of the game she could only imagine the years that they would have had together if they never bot that stupid nerve gear system.

"No problem, I'm fine I just don't really talk about those painful memories any more. I know that he did the best he could in attempts to save everyone in his squad and he fought for all of us to escape. It just doesn't seem right that I should be sitting here without him, maybe I should have also been up there on the front lines maybe then I could have made a difference and keep him alive - you know."

A tear streaming down her face as she desperately wished to fight back breaking out emotionally before a stranger she just met. She now raised her sleeve to her face and began to wipe it back and forth as she slowly strolled into Adhae as if attempting to feel a bit comforted by being at someone's side. She then laughed,

"It's childish to think that maybe he is actually outside of the game now alive and begging for me to realize there is a way to escape, right? Anyway I'm just going to work in the market making any gear and gathering materials to keep my own business a float in case I end up giving some free stuff away."

As she continued walking forward she found some more flowers that she would pick happily to use as dyes for her soon to be clothes shop.

ID: 66890 LD: 15+1=16 1 Material

Edited by Rin

She listened intently as Rin continued to speak about her tragedy. Adhae would have been heartbroken if she were in the girl's position, there was no doubt about that. "It's okay, it's okay. It's not your fault at all, Rin," she said as she raised her arm to rub her back soothingly. "Don't beat yourself up over it." 

She felt happy to change the topic, feeling like it would make the girl happier. "Are you not going to be a fighter? I don't see many of those types of builds around here. Usually it's all DPS or all Evasion or all Mitigation. You seem pretty unique. Are you going to be a Blacksmith or a Tailor? I know they make a lot of different gear. But, I've been looking for a Tailor who could make me a Cookbook that could help me in my own shop. If you ever get to that level, let me know! I'd love to buy it from you." She smiled wide. 

It was then that she turned her gaze back to where they were walking. She gasped and stopped suddenly, taken aback by the scene in front of her.

Still the same old plains, but now they had an ethereal glow to them. The sun reflected off the waving grasses and made the hills look like ocean water rather than land. And among these hills were lakes. Small ones, more like ponds, and one lake that stretched into the horizon and met the sky. Just as the name stated they were as reflective as mirrors. The large lake looked like it was simply the sky continued past the horizon line. In the center of one of the lakes was a raised hill that looked particularly prominent. Maybe that was where they could find the <<Golden Carrot>>. Caught up in a trance, Adhae started walking down towards the lakes. Once she'd reached the first one, she unequipped her shoes and touched her toe into the lake. It sent a ripple through the reflection, making the previously perfect sky warped. She snapped out of her trance and twisted her head to look at Rin. "Come on, it's warm!" She waved her hand to beckon her into the water, and was reminded for her search for materials. She glanced around the edge of the lake to see if she could spot a patch of chives or onions or something. 

ID: #66907  LD: 20

Oh yeah, she did! She hurriedly reached over and grabbed a fistful of the chives she'd spotted, and deposited them into her inventory. Nice. 

+1 Material

Edited by Adhaerere

Rin's face was was a rosy red from cheeks to her eyes as she was still brushing away the occasional tear that had been lingering well past it's time. She sniffled and would lean in against her shoulder now as she took a few deep breaths attempting to return to her more fidgetting nervous self oppose to emotionally broken one that she just gave a sneak peak at.

"I-I know it's not my fault, b-but at the same point it is right I could have been there maybe if I was a healer my cast upon him would have been the final sliver of health he needed to defeat the foe and escape. Or maybe I could have been the tank and been the one who was beaten meaning he wouldn't have had to worry about losing his own life."

A rather staggered sigh as she now began to real herself back off of Adhae as she knew that deep down, it really didn't matter if she was a fighter before or now as there was no way to change history or bring others back from the dead. Despite possible special drops, but even then from the rumors it would have been to late as the only miracles she heard about being ones that were immediately reversed through special item use if that. It all could really just have been rumor though or false hopes that kept people hoping that maybe if they were to fall they would once again be brought back. Thankfully as the subject changed through she began to blink in confusion at the request of her making a cookbook.

"I-I umm don't really know recipes, but I guess that is the beauty so long as I get skilled enough I guess I could make such an item? Maybe boost that cooking skill of yours I guess is what you are hoping for?"

As they sallied forth Rin still kept her eyes peeled as she then saw the hill poking out of the center of the lake, she supposed that was probably where the quest was now taking them. She watched as Adhae now took off her shoes and began to test the water, she blushed and nodded as she also equipped her shoes alone now testing it herself. It was most likely a dumb question as while she was looking about she saw no such shop to sell or even rent out boats.

"Er wait does this mean we are gonna have swim across couldn't we like rent a boat somewhere?"

ID: 66916 LD: 3+1=4

Edited by Rin

She gently patted the girl's shoulder as she was leaned on, a soft smile crossing her face. She let the topic drop and only directed her words to the questions she asked. "Yeah, I want the cookbook to give me better results on my crafts. I'm sure there's some perk that allows that," she responded, shrugging a little. 

"I'm not sure. But I'm up for a swim," she said in response to Rin's last comment, a smile on her lips. "Here, look away for a second. I use a spare pair of clothes to swim in." Once she was sure Rin was facing the other direction, she swiped up her inventory and quickly swapped out the clothes she was wearing, only feeling the mildly cold bite of the wind on her skin for a moment. Then, without warning the girl, she grinned and took a running jump into the water, landing in a cannon ball and making a fairly large splash. She came up and spluttered a little, wiping the clinging wet hair away from her eyes. She tread water as she called back towards the shore. "Come on! You'll miss the quest item if you don't come in. And it's waaaaaarm." She took a deep breath and went back under, the disturbances in the water ruining the affect of the mirror lakes. She was underwater for a few seconds before she re-appeared further out, maybe a fourth of the way to the island. "Let's see if we can find any useful roots or plants in the water. I'm sure there's something edible." 

Back underwater, she opened her eyes and tried looking around for some sort of plant under the water. Her hair got in the way a little, but she shoved it out of the way and swam forwards to keep it out of the way. 

ID: #66920  LD: 15

There wasn't anything she recognized below the water. She hadn't spent much time in real life swimming around in lakes and looking for plants. There was no way she should be able to find anything useful. However, there were some meaty looking root-plants that clung to the rocks on an outcropping close to her. Resurfacing to breathe first, she dove back under and grabbed a fistful of them, putting them in her inventory afterwards. They'd have to do. 

+1 Material

Edited by Adhaerere

Rin was comforted by the gentle patting by her companion, Adhae seemed like a warm comforting motherly figure to her as she felt like a lost child still in search of a roll in this life. With her recent completion of her make a living quest she at least had hopes to becoming a functioning member of society and well paid but that was mostly a pipe dream at the moment. She had very little standings among the other tailors and her equipment was meager at her best time of the day as she only had the concentration to work on so many outfits a day. Perhaps she would be able to make a cookbook later on after she has tested out her own skills for a short period of time but fore now she was still just a beginner possibly in search of an apprenticeship if that was at all possible in this game.

Rin blinked a bit confused as she was told to look away, listening to the command none the less though as she now faced away form the water front staring back toward the path they had taken to get here. At that moment she was actually wondering which directions they took exactly to get here in the first place as she was getting a bit turned around. As a large splash sounded behind her she glanced back squealing as she felt portions of her large splash crashing against her pants now whimpering. She felt it soaking into her pants as she gulped nervously as she didn't really have many changes of clothes and glanced down toward her current set and then thought about how she probably was going to have to just go in a sports bra and panties.

"Hey don't go looking while I change now -" 

As she was talking she saw the girl slip back into the water she sighed and slowly began to remove her own shirt and pants as she sunk into the water up to her mouth as she was sorta embarrassed to be appearing like this in front of another player as she eyed the surface of the water.

ID: 66926 LD: 10+1=11

Edited by Rin