[F21- Rank 8 Artisan] Odds and Ends ~ (Closed)

As Esther walked into the shop, she was greeted with a series of clockwork chimes, signalling the shop owner that someone had arrived. There weren't many active artisan shops around, and Esther had tried some, but to no avail. Now, she was in yet another.  The woman smiled at the sound, "Ahh... how quaint..." she breathed. It was very pleasant. She only hoped that one day, her shop would have this much charm and warmth.

Beside her was a phonagraph, emitting a calming tune, only adding to the serenity of the store. Esther glanced around, there! Shelves, there were shelves neatly arranged with a variety of trinkets, oddities and jewellery. Esther walked up to one of them, inspecting the wares. They were all gorgeous, each in their own way. It was clear the store owner put a lot of love and care into their crafts. 

Esther picked up the one with the stats she was looking for and bought it to the counter. "H-Hello?" She called out placing the poket sized canvas on the counter. "I'd like to purchase this please."

Name: Finder's Wish
Profession: Artisan
ID: 67092
Roll: 10
Item type: Miniature Masterpiece - Painting
Tier: 1
Quality: Uncommon
Enhancements: +1 LD
Description: An abstract magnifying glass painted onto a pocket-size canvas, it grants the user an intuitive eye.

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Sat in the backroom, Birdie held her breath as the point of her engraving tool contacted the silver ring. "Slowly.." she reminded herself, carefully moving the tool back and forth in her fingers as she began to etch a pattern into the metal.

The chiming of the workshop's door caused her to separate the tool and the ring, her eyes glancing over her shoulder with a pleasant look of surprise. She felt a well of guilt overcome her as she thought about who it might be; if it was Zandra or Beatbox, she'd have to inform them that their orders would take a little while longer. Birdie put down her current project and set about moving into the main room, her eyes meeting with the striking pink hair of a woman browsing the shelves. 'New customer!'

She caught the customer wandering over to the counter and greeted them with a smile, glancing at the item they'd wished to purchase. "Certainly, that's 200 Col or 1 material." She approached the counter and opened up a trade window, selecting 'Finder's Wish' as the offer on her end. "Is that all you'll be purchasing today?" Those words brought back memories of her life as a waitress, having recited a similar phrase so many times before. 

- Finder's Wish

Esther smiled warmly as a young girl with a short, azure bob popped up from the back room. "Hello!" Esther glanced around the store, her shining green eyes pausing briefly on the assortment of items that were littered around the establishment. "I really love what you have done with this place. It's absolutely darling." 

When Esther heard the price, she was a little shocked. Just 200 Col? But she had so much....were items that cheap? Esther wasn't sure on the economy in Aincrad- maybe 10,000 Col really was a lot. Esther furrowed her brow. "200 Col?" She repeated, "I can't do that..." She trailed off, as she entered double the amount in the trade window. "I'd feel too bad. So here. I think this is much more reasonable."

Esther: - 400 Col
+Finders Wish

Esther took the small portrait and selected the option to equip it before she put it in one of the pouches she wore on her belt. 

Esther turned back toward the shopkeeper and offered her a short bow. "It was a pleasure meeting you and doing business. Thank you."

And with that, she left the store.

Birdie's smile grew ever so slightly as the customer complimented the room's aesthetic. "Thank you! I do try to clean it up every now and then." The Artisan did put a lot of pride into how the workshop looked, especially the shop room where customers would roam freely.

"Hm?" Birdie's beady eyes watched as her Col counter grew to 1,400, her smile beaming at the girl's generosity. "O-oh, goodness- thanks so much!" She closed the window and watched as the girl turned toward the door, returning a small bow of her own before the girl exited the shop. "What a delightful woman.. and now I'm in her debt." Birdie sighed at the thought, perhaps she'd be able to make it up to the woman should they meet again. For now though it was time she resumed work, and she briskly marched into the backroom to finish her newest craft.

+ 400 Col

Edited by Birdie

Macradon nodded slightly as Birdie asked if he was a Knight of the Blood. "Yes, I am indeed a Knight of the Blood" he said and would continue "But not only that, I'm also the Vanguard Commander of the Guild" he said with an honorable tone. He was quite honored to actually be the third in command of the guild, but also commander of the Vanguard and frontline battles whenever The Commander or Vice Commander was present, which seemed to actually be pretty likely at this moment. Macradon would shake his head as he would come up to the counter "No, I'm not bothered by it" he said and would accept the Necklace and Pin, which he would don upon him straight away. The Necklace would hang around his neck, the Crimson cross with a golden rim would hang over his chest on the front. His Pin would be pinned onto the leather strap that would keep his pouldrons together. "Thanks a lot" Macradon said and would nod towards Birdie before he would begin to exit the shop "I'll probably be back another time" he said and would wave his hand back at Birdie as he would exit through the door.

+ Blood Oath Necklace
+ Blood Oath Pin

Beatbox had heard that his order is ready for pickup and he couldn't be any more happier with the result, he inspected the necklace all over and he really really liked how it turned out. He put on the necklace and couldn't be any more happier, he looked up to the Artisan with a wide smile "Thank you so much! I really like how it turned out... I'll be definitely remembering your store again sometime when I get up in ranks." he gave the artisan a wink and asked for her name. After learning the name he nodded and gave her a smile "Well, I hope for the best for you! Never stop doing what you do!" he said as he started to walk off to the door, he gave a wave of goodbye before walking out the door, Audio after seeing Beatbox walk out the door jumped on his shoulder and they both started to walk off into the floor... who knows what is in store for them two now that they're equipment is up to date and ready to be used... who knows, maybe some quest's will be accomplished.

+The Sun's Blessing

• 2 weeks later...

"So, we meet again." Birdie stood at the edge of a wooden table, glaring down at the crafting hammer sat atop it. It'd been a while since her last session, mainly due to material restrictions, but she happened upon a spare chunk of ore that slipped down the side of her yellow chair's cushion. It was always the cushions.

She took a gander - it didn't wholly matter what she made, as long as she made something. She felt that her skills as a craftswoman declined each and every day she spent away from the table, and with a few hours to chill before rushing out to meet a friend, this was the opportune time to test herself once again.

Putting metal to metal, she smacked the ore with the face of her hammer, looking down to the little chunk of metal with hope instilled in her eyes and smile. 

ID#68398
CD: 12 (*drops mic*) +8 EXP, -1 Mat (0 total)

Spoiler

<evaluating>

Edited by Birdie

Alisa needed materials. But the problem was her luck was really, really, REALLY, down. She had the gatherer skill, but she needed items that would help her in general to just find them! She didn't want to bother the closed shop of Ariel, so, Alisa went with the second best item. An artisan shop. They made things like charms and such with enhancements that help find these things. So! Alisa waltzed her way into a artisan's shop to buy her item.

'The Bluebird Workshop...What a nice name.' Mused Alisa as she stepped into the building. The woman gave a wave to the craftswoman behind the counter before approaching her with a smile.

"Hiya, I'd like to order a uh...lucky charm to help me out, if that is okay. I'd be paying in col." and so, the girl would have a casual talk with the craftswoman behind the counter. Some smalltalk and describing to her what the lucky charm would be.

-1000 COL

Spoiler

Name: Luck of the…Gatherer?
Profession: (leave blank)
ID:  (leave blank)
Roll: (leave blank)
Item Type: Lucky Charm
Tier: 1
Quality: Perfect
Enhancements: +3 LD
Description:
 An ace of spades. The standard, ol’ western Lucky Charm one could have. It looks really cool, and could probably go really well in a Stetson hat.

Edited by Mossino

Birdie's gaze travelled across the interior of the store, her cheek propped up against a curled fist. The least exciting part of working as an Artisan was tending the shop when nothing else needed to be made - she could give crafting goods for herself a go, yet she found herself lacking any need for extra equipment right now.

Her attitude changed when a young woman walked through the door. Birdie smiled to the player and waved back, her posture now corrected to be far more presentable. She nodded as the customer asked to make an order, ensuring the details were finely laid out so that the woman's needs would be satisfied absolutely. Birdie would tell the customer to return in a day or two so that she'd have plenty of time to work with the request, accepting the Col as payment in advance.

(Need to finish another thread to get some materials - I'll try to have it made asap!)

+1000 Col

This would be his frst trip to the Bluebird Workshop, as he never knew such a place existed on the first floor until recently. There weren't very many artisans around and as such he needed to take advantage of every oppurtinity there was to get new gear. His shift in build from tank to whatever he was now meant he was more free to maneuver as he pleased rather than stay focused on just battles. Having a little extra luck on his side would definitely come in handy during his travels, so a nice trinket would be right up his ally. 

After pushing the door open he took a moment to glance around the building's interior before allowing his eyes to rest on the blue-haired owner of the shop. "Hey, I need something to help me get some phat loot yo." He wasn't entirely sure why he said it like that, but he figured his point had gotten across so it didn't matter much in the end. Eventually he'd see a coin lying on a table nearby. It looked pretty lucky, so he without hesitation Seul brought up the trade HUD to send over.

-750 Col

+Lucky Coin

-Lucky Coin

+750 Col

'Hm? Another customer?' thought the girl, hurrying towards the storefront from the backroom. Business seemed to be picking up recently though she was quick to brush it off as mere coincidence. Turning the final corner, she was met with the sight of a young man - a new face from what she could tell. Taking post by the counter, she listened as he made his business at the workshop clear.

"Oh, right!" She had no idea what he meant. It didn't matter anyway, seeing as he'd taken interest in an item she'd finished literally minutes before. "The coin? That's got some luck enchantments, I'm sure it'll help you get your, uhm.. 'fat' loot!" She accepted the trade offer and watched as her Col rose by a nice sum of 750. At the rate her pool of funds was growing, she'd be able to buy a piece of light armour and not feel guilty about wasting money.

Today had been interesting, to say the least. Her first encounter with a boar since day one had turned out to be an embarrassing battle, given how many major mistakes she'd made throughout. A misstep here and a faulty swing there, sure, things like that were bound to happen. However, the lack of attention she'd paid her enemy cost her the well-being of Glacia. With the bird snoozing away happily in an armchair, she had to wonder how resilient and selfless that bird truly was. She entertained the comparison between her pet bird and good friend Arc - both had protected her from harm, from situations she had put herself in.

In an effort to forget about her woes, the girl took up her crafting hammer and sat in the backroom, looking to the bag of materials she'd accrued that day. "No sense in lookin' at em. Let's see what we can make!"

~~~

ID# 68486
CD: 3+1 (Bad item, mat lost) +1 EXP

ID# 68487
CD: 3+1 (Bad item, mat lost) +1 EXP

ID# 68488
CD: 4+1 (Good item) +2 EXP

ID# 68489
CD: 2+1 (Bad item, mat lost) +1 EXP

ID# 68491
CD: 4+1 (Good item, mat lost) +2 EXP

ID# 68492
CD: 1 (Critical failure, describes my life right now >_>) +1 EXP

Total: +8 EXP, -6 Materials, -1 Luck

Edited by Birdie

Birdie tossed and turned in her sleep, hushed murmurs escaping the troubled girl. She was experiencing a nightmare - a shadow stood over her body in the real world, a dark figure's hand slowly reaching for the NerveGear fastened to her head. Powerless to do anything she watched as the figure's grabbed the NerveGear from under her eyes, and she awoke with a startled gasp.

Glacia rested calmly, wrapped up in a blanket on a chair in the corner. The girl was thankful she hadn't disturbed the sleeping bird, though she still looked troubled what with the contents of her dream.

She stood up from her bed, deciding to spend her time in the backroom crafting rather than trying to head back to sleep. She feared encountering that same strange figure once more, the last thing she wanted was to lie powerless under its looming gaze.

Picking up her hammer, she surveyed the table in front of her. "Hmm.. what are we crafting today?"

ID#68574
CD: 11+1 (Perfect item!) +8 EXP

ID#68575
CD: 10+1 (Rare item) +5 EXP

ID#68576
CD: 10+1 (Rare item) +5 EXP

ID#68577
CD: 1 (Critical failure) +1 EXP

ID#68578
CD: 5+1 (Good item) +2 EXP

ID#68579

Total: +29 EXP, -6 Materials

Edited by Birdie

Sunbeams trickled through the curtained windows, lighting the shop's interior with a pleasant glow. Yesterday's crafting successes prompted Birdie to treat herself to a lay-in, and the girl managed to slumbered like a baby all the while until Glacia eventually nudged her awake.

She awoke with a start, though Glacia's chilly aura told Birdie who it was that had woken her. Pushing herself up from the warm covers of her bed, she equipped her standard cloth clothing and circled down the spiral stair case, making way for the backroom of her workshop in an instant.

She'd made a habit of completing her crafts first thing in the morning, and it was an unhealthy one at that. Still, when she held her hammer and had materials at her mercy, the only thing stopping her was the eventual obligatory limits that she'd been forced to oblige to by the in-game systems.

Mashing hammer head to steel, the girl got to creating.

ID# 68679
CD: 3+1 (Bad item) +1 EXP

ID# 68680
CD: 2+1 (Fail item) +1 EXP

ID# 68681
CD: 12 (Perfect item!) +8 EXP

Spoiler

Name: Bluebird's Token

Your Profession: Artisan

Your Rank: 4

ID: 68681

Roll: 12

Item Type: Trinket

Quality: Perfect

Enhancements: +1 Ambition

Description: A songbird etched into the surface of a silver coin.

Post Link: Link

ID# 68682
CD: 2+1 (Fail item) +1 EXP

ID# 68683
CD: 8+1 (Uncommon item) +3 EXP

Spoiler

Name: Thief's Ring 

Your Profession: Artisan

Your Rank: 4

ID: 68683

Roll: 8+1

Item Type: Trinket

Quality: Uncommon

Enhancements: +1 Evasion

Description: A basic silver ring crafted with no meritable qualities. Its surface is worn and rusted from use.

Post Link: Link

ID# 68679
CD: 4+1 (Good item) +2 EXP

Total: +16 EXP, -6 Materials

Edited by Birdie

Lowenthal stood in front of a small shop that had recently opened. Lowenthal looked at the shop, enjoying it's certain, quaintness. "Bluebird Workshop? Not so much as a title, but it's something." Lowenthal said, much preferring the shop titles that were humorous in nature. Upon entering, the door made a chime noise singling his entry. Looking down, he could see that gears and cogs littered the floor. Along with crumbeled scraps of paper, and other miscleanious things. There he saw a woman working, which he could only assume was the owner. Blue hair, like Calrex, but at least this one was cuter than Calrex. Lowenthal gave a polite wave. "Hey, I take it you're the owner?" Lowenthal asked aloud. "I've got an order I'd like to place. I need something that I can wear to boost my accuracy stat." Lowenthal asked. "I can pay you in materials, or Col. Whichever you need." Lowenthal said again, opening his menu and preparing to start the trade.

"Hm?" The doorbell chimed, signalling a player had entered the storefront. She met the man's wandering look with a smile and put her tools to rest for a moment, taking point behind the counter. It hadn't taken long for the man to speak his intentions and she was more than happy to oblige, giving him an understanding nod. "I can do that for you - Materials might be better if you wouldn't mind. I seem to run out of them like, all the time." She gave a lighthearted sigh and opened the trade menu, accepting the trade request. "Our prices are right here-" she pointed out a small price sheet, "-I assume you want a Perfect item?" Orders for anything else were rare, if she could remember getting any at all. "Would you mind giving me your order sir? Or did you need a form?" She ducked under the counter and placed an order form on top, just in case he'd be needing one.

Lowenthal looked at the sign. "Actually, now that I think about it." He said, taking the form and writing what he was wanting. "I'm gonna need a ring, or a necklace to increase my accuracy. Three slots of it should be fine. And a vanity ring, but nothing just normal. I'll give you, ten materials for the pair." He said, looking up at the girl. "But it needs to be marvelous. I need it to represent something, but I don't have the word for it." Lowenthal said, before rubbing the back of his head. "I mean, I probably sound like an idiot right now. But it's for this girl." Lowenthal said, trying to explain his ramblings before sliding over the order form back to the woman behind her. "By the way, I'm Lowenthal. Vice-Commander of the Knights of the Blood Oath. It's a pleasure to meet you." Lowenthal said, sending the trade request her way.

-10 materials to Birdie-

Spoiler

Name: Ring of Accuracy +3
Item Type: Trinket
Tier: 2
Enhancements: 3 slots Accuracy
Description: A solid black ring, with a small grove in it's center.

She accepted the trade and the ten materials, grateful for Lowenthal's generosity with the vanity ring payment. To hear that he was creating it for somebody - a girl no less - caused a smile to break onto her lips. She took the form in her hands and read it over, raising her eyes and an eyebrow as he made himself known to be a member of the Blood Oath. "The pleasure's all mine Vice-Comamnder, it's not every day you see a high ranking Frontliner in Starting City." She folded the form and made her way to a doorway near the back of the room, slipping the paper onto a table just out of sight. "This girl must be special to you then, hm?" She rested her palms on the counter, "Don't worry, I'll make sure it's perfect for when you return. As for the vanity ring - I'll try my best, for whoever the lucky lady is. Swing by in a while and I'll have it waiting for you."

+10 materials from Lowenthal

~~~

And with that, Birdie set off into the backroom. With a brand new order and a fresh batch of materials to make use out of, she loosed a steady breath, and began the crafting process.

(Rolling)

ID# 68897
CD: 9+1 (Uncommon item) +3 EXP

ID# 68898

Spoiler

Name: Ring of Accuracy +3
Profession: Artisan
ID:  68898
Roll: 11+1
Item Type: Trinket
Enhancements: 3 slots Accuracy
Description: A solid black ring, with a small grove in it's center.

Total: +11 EXP, -2 Materials

~~~

(Using an unused Good roll from before - ID# 68679 link to roll)

Spoiler

Name: Unity Ring
ID:  68679
Roll: 4+1
Tier: 1
Quality: Good
Enhancements: <n/a>
Description: A ring of silver, depicting two hearts interlocked with one another. A diamond lies in the centre of each. (image)

Edited by Birdie

Itzal walked to the shop in the town, dressed in his twilight cloak.  After Ulises' death he decided to work hard towards completing his goals.  One of the main ones was earning enough col to purchase a rumor.  They were very expensive and the best way to get through them was to grind monsters until the col was collected.  Being a scout with high LD bonus he had a pretty darn good chance at getting the col.  However he wanted to increase it's amount even further.  That was why he was here.  To get an item that would boost the col multiplier.  He smiled to Birdie.  "Hey Birdie!  It's been a while hasn't it?  I need to place an order if you don't mind."  He placed the order on the counter.

Spoiler

Name: Skyreach
Enhancements: Prosperity
Description: A beautiful silver ring with light blue gems placed perfectly in the metal so as to look like gentle swirls of sky and clouds.

I need to gather as much col as I can and nobody has even bothered taking a glance at my shop.  So the only way I can gather col is mob grinding.  Thus I'm here.  Just message me when your done ok?  Thanks @Birdie!

Birdie glanced sidelong toward the door. "Hm? Oh, hey Itzal!" The menu in front of her disappeared as she sauntered over to the counter, "No kidding, sure thing!" Taking note of the scout's order, she ran the numbers through her head and figured how much it'd cost him. "I hear you, business can get pretty rough around parts. This shouldn't be a problem, I'll get it done asap!" Birdie scanned over the order one final time, turning on the spot as she wandered away into the backroom. "Prosperity.. I'll assume he meant 3 slots of it. Alright! You can do this!" She calmly approached her workbench, sat atop her favourite stall, picked up her hammer, and began the crafting process. With any luck, I'll get a rare item out of this session.

ID# 69101
CD: 10+1 (Rare item) +6 EXP

Spoiler

(Sending to evaluation)

Name: Thief's Pendant
ID:  69101
Roll: 10+1
Quality: Rare
Enhancements: +1 Sneak and Hide (Skill rank)
Description: A silver pendant with an embedded Onyx gem. Increases the wearer's Sneak and Hide rank by 1.

ID# 69102
CD: 12 (Perfect item!) +9 EXP

Spoiler

(Sending to evaluation)

Name: Skyreach
ID:  69102
Roll: 12
Enhancements: +3 Prosperity
Description: A beautiful silver ring with light blue gems placed perfectly in the metal so as to look like gentle swirls of sky and clouds.

Total: +17 EXP, -2 Materials

Edited by Birdie