[PvP] Hikoru, the Master of Shadows Vs Oikawa, the Faint ParaGod

Light glimmered and reflected off the sands covering the arena floor. To the left of the battlefield, a crimson eyed youth stood. Donning a two-handed blade, he leaned over the pommel as he lie in wait for his opponent of the day. A vanity cape fluttered in the slight breeze, cascading the light flaming coat he wore over his regular attire. He was unsure of what he would actually wear into combat but he wanted to test a slew of things his build currently offer as well as the prowess of the 'Master of Shadows'. Resting easy, he drafted the parameters of the duel and kept it toggled so he could easily send it once the Master of Shadows arrived.

Spoiler

HP1,115 | EN: 110 | D: 13 | M: 66 | A: 4 | E: 0

Gear:

Amphibian Teeth: +4 Damage/+2 Paralytic Venom

Akuma's Vain: +2 Light Momentum/ +2 Flame Aura (+36 Mitigation & +48 Burn Damage when non-critically hit)

Ring of Satan: +3 Accuracy

Skills:

Two-Handed Straight Sword [Rank 5] Mods: Precision

Search and Detect [Rank 5] Mods: Reveal

Light Armor [Rank 5] Mods: Athletics

Charge [Rank 4]

Martial Arts [Rank 2]

Battle Healing [Rank 1]

Picking [Rank 1]

Survival

Concentration

Meditation

ID: 67064 LD: 20

Hikoru breathed as he approached the area that him and Oikawa, the ParaGod had agreed to duel. He knew that the player had a weapon that could be useful to him, and he had sent him a PM asking him for it, and they both agreed to fight for it. They had set up parameters for it ahead of time that made them both happy to fight, giving a sense of excitement. His first ever fight, and he was honestly very excited for it. He breathed ane appeared across from the player, giving a smile and a nod

"No buffs, no charge, no US use, just fighting, am I correct?" He asked politely. He had a damage potion he could use, but he decided against it. He breathed and stood strongly, unsheathing his Dagger and looking at the player, entering his stance and holding the Dagger in a backwards grip "And since I challenged you, you may have the first hit." He said politely

ID: 67065

LD: 2

Spoiler

Hikoru, Master of Shadows

Stats:
800 HP
80 Energy
+4 Accuracy
+3 Evasion
13 Base Damage
38 Mitigation

Items:
Eclipse of Shadows MK.2 (Dagger) +6 Damage
Shadowed Eclipse MK. 2 (Light Armor) +2 Evasion +18 MIT
Eclipsed Pendant MK. 2 (Lucky Charm) +1 Evasion +2 Accuracy
Sutetchi (Familiar): +1 Accuracy

Battle Ready Inventory:
N/A

Buffs:
N/A

Skills:
Rank 5 Dagger
Rank 4 Light Armor
Rank 3 Sneak and Hide
Rank 1 Search and Detect
Rank 0 Shadowed Path
Concentration
Survival

"And most importantly, half-loss duel mode," added the blonde as sent the request over to Hikoru upon his arrival. Swiping up, the blonde sifted through his items before settling on three of them, two of which he was already wearing. As the cape he once wore dispersed and a ring symbolically took its place, he hefted his blade from the ground and gave it a few swings as the timer ticked down. A chuckle came forth as Hikoru offered him the firsts strike. "Your kindness will not go ignored, Hik. My thanks. Good luck," he chimed just before the timer struck zero.

Dashing forward, Oikawa dropped his blade before as if he was going to attack from overhead, however, his blade quickly slanted horizontally tearing into Hikoru as he ripped the blade across. While the damage was minimal, the effect he wanted had already began taking place. The stunned status effect icon shimmered into his HUD and fr all intents and purpose meant Hikoru was incapable of moving at the moment.

I hope he didn't think it'd be that easy...

ID: 67068 BD: 6 (5+4-3) [Fight Blade: 13 x 6 = 78 - 38 = 40]

Oikawa: 1,115/1,115 E: 101/110 (-9 E)

Hikoru: 760/800 (-40) E: 80/80 [Stunned]

Hikoru sighed and waited as he attacked. Then in a blinding flash, Oikawa was close and struck him, draining health bar just a little bit. He thought that was it and gave a small laugh, breathing and preparing to move forward, which was oddly harder than he thought it should be

"Is that all you got? Come on Oikawa, you can do better than-" His sentence was stopped short when he tried to move, and realised that he couldn't. It took him a moment, but he soon realised that he was unable to move, he had been stunned. Hik sat there with his face stuck open. He was called the ParaGod for a reason, and now he would have to take a hit full on without even an ability to move

ID: 67068 BD: 6 (5+4-3) [Fight Blade: 13 x 6 = 78 - 38 = 40]

Oikawa: 1,115/1,115 E: 101/110 (-9 E)

Hikoru: 760/800 (-40) E: 80/80 [Stunned]

"Come on Hikoru, surely didn't think that's all I had to offer?" The blonde gleamed as he hefted Amphibian Teeth up before bringing the blade down in a flurry of quick slashes. This time the damage was far more than than the measly output he had offered moments ago. As he ripped his blade from the chest of the master of shadows, he watched as the familiar icon of paralysis blinked into effect above the brunette. "And this why I am called the ParaGod my friend." Twirling the blade once more, he pondered over which attack to use next, though another galaxy destroyer made sense as far as winning the duel was concerned. 

ID: 67072 BD: 7 [Galaxy Destroyer: 13 x 13 = 169 - 38 = 131]

Oikawa: 1,115/1,115 E: 89/110 (+1/-13 E)

Hikoru: 629/800 (-131) E: 80/80 [Paralyzed]

Hikoru breathed as soon his Health bar was depleted rapidly, and he was soon knocked to the ground, unable to move once more. Hikoru grit his teeth and wanted to kick and punch the ground in frustration. There was nothing that he could do and he was starting to get frustrated already. He looked into Oikawa's eyes and grit his teeth

"Fighting a losing fight... Damn me and my cockiness..." He said through grit teeth and just waited to be sliced again, treated like a dog that had already given up but was being beaten anyways. With just a few more hits he would be defeated, and lose his chance for a good weapon. He grit his teeth again. If only he hadn't given the first attack to him, he would have at least gotten a hit. He sighed and just sat there, unable to do anything but the sorts.

Hikoru: 629/800 (-131) E: 80/80 [Paralyzed]

"Cockiness is a precious trait. It gives you just enough reason to overlook things everyone else wouldn't which usually comes with a fifty-fifty gamble. Your gamble just so happened to be a losing one. That said. I haven't dueled in ages and this is the first time I get to use this weapon here," explained the blonde as he continued to twirl the blade. Closing the gap between himself and the faltering Hikoru, Oikawa could see the frustration in his gaze as he was locked into place by his previous attack and the one before it. His title was certainly not just for show, fully executed, defense or offense the blonde was seemingly unmatched in the art of incapacitating his foes and given his new sword skill, he only barely lost out on his max potential damage using Amphibian Teeth. Raising the blade once more, he tore into the immobile youth, this time dragging the blade across multiple vital spots before slowing and backing up. The effects of paralysis resetting as he critically struck the Master of Shadows. "This is rather unfortunate."

ID: 67081 BD: 10 [Galaxy Destroyer: 13 + 2 = 15 x 13 = 195 - 38 = 157]

Oikawa: 1,115/1,115 E: 77/110 (+1/-13 E)

Hikoru: 472/800 (-157) E: 80/80 [Paralyzed]

Hikoru breathed and was struck again, soon kicked and down on the ground. He felt like dirt, nothing useful about him now. His US couldn't help him, and like it would be useful in this situation. He had no choice but just wait and see what happened. He breathed and looked up, then sighed and just gave planted the ground. There was no way he could have won this. He felt horrible. He knew he was in no danger of dying, but his mind was starting to give warnings on how low his HP is

"Your getting close to dying... you sure he won't try and kill you?..." Shadow spoke to him. He cursed silently as his US tried to sweet talk him "How about you use me as soon as you can? Just run..." he heard. He mentally shook his head

"No way, not happening." He said through grit teeth. He breathed and waited to be finished off, knowing he had no way of winning this duel

Hikoru: 472/800 (-157) E: 80/80 [Paralyzed]

The blonde looked up. Confusion written all across his face as Hikoru muttered under his breath. "What's not happening?" Questioned the blonde as he tugged on the hilt of his blade. Crimson eyes narrowed as he lifted the massive sword over head before dropping the steel like a weight anvil. Hikoru's HP quickly dipped beneath the halfway point, signifying the end of the duel. Clipping the blade onto his back, Oikawa offered a grin and hand to the Master of Shadows as he offered to help him up. Words escaped him as he had no clue what to say. When one loses a duel without managing to land a single blow, its often very demoralizing and saying anything but the right thing could end things badly between them; so he waited.

ID: 67083 BD: 9 [Calamitous Tragedy: 13 + 1 = 14 x 12 = 168 - 38 = 130]

Oikawa: 1,115/1,115 E: 66/110 (+1/-12 E)

Hikoru: 342/800 (-130) E: 80/80

Hikoru was hit one more time, rolling onto the ground as the duel ended and he had no chance to do anything about it. He felt tears in his eyes as he heard the buzzer. He had failed, and quite badly at that. He couldn't do anything about it, he didn't even get the chance to attack. Not even once. He heard the footsteps of the other player come closer, and he winced. He couldn't let him see him crying, not now. Soon the paralysis wore off and he stood up on his own, then ran, tears streaming down his face. He knew that he just needed a moment, a chance to regain himself. He breathed and climbed a nearby tree, jumping from branch to branch quietly, unable to do anything but hide. He sat on a tree and sobbed quietly. There was no way he could protect Ariel, or anyone like this. He felt weak, pathetic. He was too nice and let him have the first hit, the downfall of his fight. Too nice, that always seemed to be the thing that got him in trouble, both in the real world and now the game. He sobbed, his Glasses falling onto the ground below him. But right now, he didn't care. He felt.... Like a failure, like a weakling, worthless... that's all he felt.

Must roll a 16+ to be found

In a flash, Hikoru had rose and bolted off from the arena. Brow raised, the blonde chased after the youth. Unequipping his ring, he equipped the Gate of Babylon and began to scan the surrounding area for the Master of Shadows. I guess he was given that title for a reason as well. Where did he scamper off to? And why? He lost a duel, big whoop. Sure he didn't get a weapon but surely he isn't that upset over that is he? Hmmm. His mind continued to wonder as he scanned the trees and foliage around. Ineffective with regular eyes, he then activated a his Search and Detect skill. Scouring the trees once more, he spotted a pair of glasses sprawled out beneath a tree. Looking up he spotted Hikoru.

"Whatcha doing up there man?"

ID: 67143 LD: 27 (19 + 5 + 3) [Hikoru is Found]

Hikoru cried in the tree, as thats all he could do. He had failed such a simple task. If he had at least landed a hit, he would have felt better. But he had been too nice and lost it. How could he defeat Opal like this? How could he, when he's so nice to give an enemy the first hit, where they could easily finish him off with a stun and a super strong attack. While he knew that he was one of the strongest players in the game, he was still very, very weak compared to the others. He tried his best to get stronger, to try and catch up. But no matter how much he tried he couldn't seem to make it. He was so close, yet he was so far. Suddenly, he heard footsteps and Oikawa's voice, and saw that he was there. He breathed and climbed up higher, out of sight

"Nothing, just... Got, frustrated..." He said as he held back his tears. He didn't need Oikawa worrying about him, and he wouldn't let him

Though he visibly sulked closer into the trees, Hikoru managed to mumble out your typical "nothing is wrong, I need space" spiel. Which given the context, made little sense to the blonde. His crimson wandered up the cylindrical wood as he searched it's canopies for Hikoru; however, it was to no avail. Sighing, the blonde tossed up his hands before calming himself and plucking down at the base of the tree. Against his better judgement, he pondered over whether or not he should indulge the man in issues. Clearly something other than the fight was running through his mind, but Oikawa had no clue if anything he could say would even help. Despite that thought, he pestered anyway. "So if you're gonna be up there a while, we might as well chat. What's on your mind Hikoru? What's eating you up so badly you can't help but hide your face?" 

Hikoru listened as the other player tried to climb up to him, and he continued up as he did. Until finally he heard a plop on the ground and looked to see that Oikawa had jumped back down. he breathed and sighed as the tears had finally stopped, and he went to readjust his glasses, when he realized his glasses were at the feet of Oikawa. He grit his teeth and sighed. He would wait to get them later, when he left. Then Oikawa asked something that he wasn't expecting.

"He... wants to know whats on my mind?..." He thought to himself. He shook his head. No, no, he just wanted conversations. He didn't care.... Or did he? He thought for a moment and was quite curious. Did he truly care? He couldn't tell. He looked down and sighed "Well.... It's that, this fight wasn't just for that weapon..." He said with a sigh "It was to try and prove to myself that I can... I can protect everyone that I care about..." He looked at his hands "I took the burden of a Unique Skill that keeps me in the shadows, it's what it's based on. And well, I cant... I can't just sit in the shadows. I need to be able to protect people, without my Unique... That's why I wanted to fight you, why I was okay with not using it.... But... I guess im not able to... Not one bit...."

Oikawa sighed. He realized that Hikoru was lacking confidence in his abilities and himself. The youth had relied so much on being a damage per second player that the update not only shoveled his faith in his damage but his faith in his ability to keep those around him safe. Oikawa knew that feeling all to well and overcoming t was no easy feat. The eventual path he took required him to take leveling more seriously. Grinding until he was within the top five players in Aincrad, with those among him all being Unique Skill holders. He now felt pride in himself because he could go toe-yo-toe with any of them barring Calrex or Takao. Something he hated admitting too. Looking up he spoke. "You want to protect people? Those you love? Sitting here moping about a lost fight want help. If anything, this should be a learning lesson. You aren't where you want to be? Go out there and obtain it. It won't be handed to you."

Hikoru looked as the player gave him such small, but powerful pep talk, and he looked at his hands. Ever since the patch, he had lost his damage, and it made him feel... Well, useless again. He had spent months learning his Weapon, GrandMastering it and finally earning back his title as Master of Shadows. But once this patch came out, he was shot as one of the weaker Damage weapons, although all he got for it was it took less Energy, which he had plenty enough to do multiple attacks with. He was frustrated, angry, upset, every emotion he felt was right in his hands. He tightened them into fists, and punched the tree head on, letting out all his frustration in one punch. He jumped down completely, missing every branch and doing a basic superhero landing. He stood slowly, eyes down as he picked up his glasses and looked at the glasses. He stared at them, then put them on, making eye contact with Oikawa

"Set up another Duel. Im not leaving here until I land more hits than anyone has ever landed on you." He said with sheer determination

((OOC: I don't know if HP regenerates after a certain amount of posts, which I think it did at one point. If not just let me know. If it does, roll your next post so we can do another one))

Oikawa felt the tree rattle as Hikoru suddenly leaped from its tops and landed with a slight thud. Looking up, crimson eyes followed the boy's movements as he retrieved his glasses and stared down at the golden haired youth. Suddenly a demand echoed from the brunette as he declared that he land more hits than anyone has ever landed on him. A tall order thought the blonde as his track record was extensive. Undefeated and most unscathed with a duel record of fifteen-ish wins and three-losses give or take. But rather than dismiss the request, the blonde accepted and sent another duel request. Same parameters as before.

"If that is what you wish, then I am happy to oblige," responded the blonde with a smirk.

ID: 67344 LD: 18

Hikoru breathed and stood, opening his HUD and accepting the Request, gripping onto his dagger as the countdown commenced. He felt himself shaking, unable to move at all as he did. He slowly gripped his dagger that was in his belt and did his best to keep calm. He didn't know what he could expect, or what he was thinking. He felt so cocky, so vulnerable. As soon as the buzzer went off, he jumped and was unable to move. His nerves were shot, and he seem to not remember how to move any part of his body, his hand just rested on his Dagger, not even able to grip it tight enough to attack at this point.

ID: 67361

LD: 1 (OH COME ON WHYYY)

Quivering accurately described Hikoru's disposition as they squared off and awaited the timer to tick down. Though if he was in his position and their roles reversed he couldn't say with certainty that he wouldn't be doing the same. Crimson orbs glossed over their surround area, confirming that they had plenty of room for their bout. Looking up, the timer suddenly struck zero and Hikoru lunged forward only to stop short. Not giving in to whatever game the Master of Shadows had intended to play, the blonde exercised his blade in full effect as he unleashed a 'concentrated' flurry of blows; once again stunning the youth right out the gate.

"Hikoru, now isn't the time to be frazzled. Your hesitance will bring your demise my friend."

ID: 67362 BD: 6 (4+4 +1-3) [Fight Blade: 13 x 6 = 78 - 38 = 40] Concentration Cooldown: 5/5

Oikawa: 1,115/1,115 E: 101/110 (-9 E)

Hikoru breathed as he watched the player charge forward and stike him, but he stood his ground and remained standing, breathing heavily as soon he was stunned. He wobbled, until he finally fell to his knees and was unable to move anymore. He keep eye contact with Oikawa, until finally his body lost balance and he fell backwards. He grit his teeth and wanted to stand and attack him again, but because of the damn paralysis he couldn't. He was getting frustrated, but he breathed slowly and calmed himself. He wouldn't lose his cool over losing, he just wanted to hit him, more than anything. It would make him feel accomplished. But he wanted to win more than anything. He didn't even want the weapon anymore, he just wanted to beat him, feel like he had finally proved himself. But for now, he was stuck laying on the ground, thinking and devising a way of winning

Oikawa: 1,115/1,115 E: 101/110 (-9 E)