{PP-F1} Not strong at all... Yet. -Arc and myself- Completed

Domarus walked through the town of beginnings, getting real sick of being around all these pathetic noobies.  He wasn't the most intelligent in this game of course, but these losers were still crying about that announcement Kayaba had given.  What a bunch of babies.  What made things worse was that his personal servant, Keres, had been separated from him.  Cursing mentally, he continued to walk down the streets.  There didn't seem to be any players who were confident enough, let alone help him get strong enough to train on his own.  And without Keres to vent upon he felt like he was going to explode.  All this happy and nice appearance he kept up at all times to befriend other players was making him want to vomit.  Still, he wouldn't get anyone if he didn't make quote unquote 'friends'.  Perhaps he could.  No, he would repeat his past and gain followers who would obey him.  When the time came of course.  One day he'd rule this digital world, with his own army of warriors.  Nobody would stand before him.  He would dominate, as his username was named after.  He mentally chuckled before scowling again as he waved and smiled to another young player.  This was getting tiring.  He decided that he'd go ahead and travel to another town to look for mediocre players.  He was getting nowhere in this pathetic place.

@Arc

Edited by Domarus

The town was alight with the fire of eventide. Orange and golden pastels stained the sky as sunlight ebbed away, and Arc watched idly from his spot reclined against one of the myriad buildings. There were so many different people in this world when he took the time to look. They either seemed carefree or terrified, and some of them even looked despondent. There were many ways to react when someone told you that your life was on the line, and the Town of Beginnings was pregnant with all of them.

With both arms folded across his chest, the man eyed several of the people who wandered across his line of sight. One girl seemed almost too happy as she walked alongside a boy who commanded her attention. So that happens in this world, too? He recalled a time when he craved that sort of attention, though he never had the luck this kid seemed to. It might have been different with the strain of knowing every day was borrowed time. Girls might have sought the love they never had on the other side, or their fears might have dissolved when they realized they could be someone other than the person they were outside the game. Or was it the boy who was different?

He let out a soft chuckle and his gaze shifted toward the square at the center of town, where people conglomerated to discuss their woes and triumphs. There was no use trying to figure other people out, not why they did the things they did or what brought them to those ideas. Arc caught sight of a man who carried himself differently. He couldn't tell if it was hate, anger, or despair at a glance, but something seemed different. He didn't have the same hopelessness lingering over him that most other new players suffered from.

Arc decided to investigate it.

"Hey," he called offhand. Several people glanced in his direction, but turned away when they saw he wasn't looking their way. "You. Yeah, you."

His finger was pointed toward Domarus now as he took a few steps and bridged the gap between them. "You have a good look about you." It was a strange thing to say, but a swordsman was observant enough to notice things about people, even if they were subtle. "It's not the same dread I see in the rest of this bunch. I wanna see you fight."

Domarus nearly lost it and sighed but managed to hold it in.  What now? he thought.  He turned around to see the player that had called out to him.  He made his way easily through the crowd and as he did said that he wanted to see him fight.  Domarus knew immediately that this player wasn't talking about a duel as it was obvious Domarus hadn't started yet.  He mentally scoffed as he heard how he was picked out because he wasn't filled with dread.  Dread?  He thrived amongst people with dread.  Had he been a much stronger level with powerful equipment he would have no problem finding followers or servants in this pitiful town.  The only reason he didn't was because he needed to progress to the much less dangerous levels so he didn't have to worry about these pathetic pieces of crap that were so called players.  He looked down at the man and smiled.

"Well I haven't actually fought yet.  Hell I haven't even left the town gates yet.  But I'm glad I gave a good impression on you.  And I guess if you'd be willing to help me get on my feet I could try to impress you."  

Tsk he thought.  I'll impress him alright.  I have a two handed war ax and I'm a giant to him.  Not only that but I'll finally be able to kill something.  At long last.  He began to continue to the gate, his massive size parting the crowd.  Even with his gentle expressions the players kept away from him.  Fear he thought, breathing in the thought like it was a long lost friend.  Fear was a powerful manipulation tool.  Fear, pleasure, contentment, protection.  All of these things could be used to manipulate.  And Domarus definitely knew how.  As someone who could manipulate both pathetic morons, and cautious, intelligent men.  The difference between the two was time.  No manner of weak bribes or words would win over someone smart enough to notice it.  he needed to gain their trust, their friendship, and slowly turn their point of view over to his.  If they showed signs that they wouldn't bend, he'd either leave them, kill them, or maybe, if they had benefits to provide, stay in friendship with them.  Just not as nice as he appears.  As they exited the gate he turned to Arc.  Better get started then he thought.

"My name's Domarus by the way.  What's yours?"

"Arc." the mercenary introduced himself quickly as they entered the field. It was darkening, but the last vestiges of light illuminated the caricatures of several nearby boars. He glanced with a keen eye toward the taller man and considered him. People of that size and with that kind of weapon had a proclivity for being brutish and barbaric in their fighting style. It was different from his two handed swordsmanship, and decidedly lacking in finesse, but who was he to judge? Different people had different ways of doing things. His wasn't necessarily the best way, but it was the way for him. "I make my living as a Mercenary, but sometimes I see someone and I want to know what they're made of. In a world like this, it's important to gauge your own resolve, but it's equally important to gauge the resolve of others. You can't survive this death game on grit alone, after all."

He seemed too cheery about the whole situation, but Arc was far from worried about it. If death came his way, he'd smile at the reaper and fight to the end. "You've got the right spirit," he remarked. "It just takes some work to refine that into something you can use. Go ahead. Perform. Impress."

Arc pointed toward the nearest boar, which wandered nearly twenty feet off to the right. "Try that one," he added, "it's a smaller one. Shouldn't take too long. Be careful, though. It only takes a few hits from one for things to get dicey."

Arc: 80/80

Domarus: 20/20

Boar: 10/10

Arc?  What an odd name.  But it wasn't a name, it was a username.  And for a username it was good.  He could almost feel the man gaze at him and sum him up.  Most people did that but he wondered what they thought and if they were making a mistake or were accurate about what they guessed.  Either way most people usually ended at the conclusion that he was just a friendly giant.  And he wanted it to stay that way.  The more people thought him friendly the deeper they'd sink into his grasp.  Still, it wasn't as if he didn't care about people entirely.  They had uses that he could exploit to his will.  Of course he'd care about that.

"Arc eh?  That's a pretty cool name.  Does it have a meaning or just to sound awesome" he finished with a grin.  He wished he could have scowled instead but that was the thing about his course.  He needed to take his time.  But he was patient.  He'd be more patient if he had Keres here of course.  He really needed to release some of this frustration.  He listened as the player said he was a mercenary.  This time his smile was genuine.  A mercenary.  Perfect.  He'd be the perfect ally as Domarus grew stronger and raised followers.  He hoped he was the mercenary most turned out to be where if they got paid they'd fulfill their role.  

"A mercenary huh?  Are you one of those people who does anything for money?  Or are you the ones with their own code of honor?"  As they walked onto the fields for the first time he looked around and saw....  Boar.  Just nothing but boar.  What the [censored] was this?  Kayaba you chose boar as the weakest monster?  What a lack of imagination.  He mentally shook his head.

"Boar huh?  I don't know what I expected but I was thinking of something.  Well.  Not an animal.  Alright I'll get to work then."  It was the second time he drew the ax.  He felt the strength and power it gave him but it was also awkward.  He had never wielded anything before.  He walked up to the small boar.

"Sorry little guy, but I need the experience."  With no regret he swung the massive ax at the monster but it dodged his attack by jumping to the right.  What the-.  He watched as the monster was now irritated at him and rushed up, hitting him in the ankle.  He didn't know what to expect but he was surprised that no pain was received.  He now understood what the player meant however as his health dropped below half.  He was glad Arc was with him.

ID#  67103  -  BD:  4  -  MD:  9

Domarus - 9/20  -><-  2/2

Boar - 10/10

Edited by Domarus

"An arc of lightning strikes faster than the eye can see," he recalled, "which is why I chose it."

The next question was an odd one, if you were not a merc. "Codes of honor and ethics go with the territory. There are some things people don't do, you know?" He glanced toward the boar as his new acquaintance moved toward it. "I'll do most stuff if the price is right, but I'm generally disinterested in murder. That said, if I have a compelling reason to take that kind of contract, I might be convinced."

He was asking a ton of questions. Arc observed that he was quite interested in getting to know him.

"Yeesh," he muttered as the man lost a massive chunk of his health in one go. It wasn't abnormal for a boar to terrorize a weak player, but it seemed a bit more dangerous than he remembered. "Stand back this go around," he urged. "I'll handle this one so you can get some of your health back." Arc gripped the hilt of his blade and ripped it from his back in a single motion. "Tch."

He swiped at the creature with a powerful blow and it evaded. "Quick little bugger, ain't ya?" he muttered to himself. Neither man had managed to hit the beast yet, but Arc had been the last one to strike at it. That should have been enough to draw it's attention. "It's not that strong in terms of health," he called out. "So this shouldn't take too long."

Arc: 80/80 6/8 Energy

Domarus: 9/20

Boar: 10/10

ID# 67116 results:

Battle: 1

Edited by Arc

Domarus heard Arc answer his question and smiled, inward and outward.  This was perfect.  Simply perfect.  Not only would this player be willing to do most everything but he could in the future, manipulate a situation that would force the player to take a life.  Perhaps after that event he would change his mind, if he played his cards right.  Domarus wasn't afraid to get his hands dirty but he knew that the sort of reputation a red player received would greatly hinder his efforts, not to mention he was informed that red players couldn't go in towns.  That was a big drawback.  But if he found a powerful player like Arc to kill for him, he wouldn't have to worry.  He wouldn't have him kill everyone he disliked of course, he wasn't that cruel no.  Only those who were an immovable road block in his way.  Anyone else he needed to deal with he could always beat up whether in a duel or mentally.  Domarus was an expert in pain and all he really needed to do was learn more about them.  If he couldn't find Keres by then he'd need another servant to approach these players, befriend them, and tell him about their weaknesses and strengths.  Then all he had to do was exploit them.  Domarus nodded to Arc as he was told to step back.

"Ok.  I'll let you handle this thing"  He said.  He stepped back but kept his ax in his hand.  He watched the player miss as he did but mentioned how the boar was quick.  Did that mean all monsters could be this way?  If so, this world might actually be enjoyable.  Still he didn't want to miss his opponent consistently.  he wondered if there was some sort of enhancement items that could make his attacks more accurate.  He felt that it would be a sort of enchantment kind of thing but that would be magic.  And he was told that magic didn't exist in this game.  Originally he was upset about this but he quickly decided that it was less he had to worry about.  Magic always had interesting mechanics and the way most games designed it there could be more weaknesses than strengths.

OOC- Does my health regenerate while in a combat scenario or will it rise after you've killed it?

In combat, you only regenerate health when you have the Battle Healing Skill. Otherwise you only regain health every three posts out of combat. The rules on that are like 3 HP every three posts. The Battle Healing skill improves as you allocate more SP, and there's a mod that can save you if you fall below a certain percentile of health. I'd say to read up on those things, if they interest you.

Arc met the beast head on and got in the way when it came too close to Domarus. His blade halted its inertia enough to contain the impact to a singular area around himself. He could feel his arms giving just a bit, though. His lips turned downward in a frown. "This is a bit stronger than the boars I'm used to," he muttered. He watched his health drop a bit as he pulled back, then swung his weapon.

The creature reeled from the powerful stroke.

"Yeah, good call backing off of this one," he stated. "They're not usually strong enough at this point to take chunks of health like that." He shrugged. "Just watch."

Arc: 70/80 5/8 Energy

Boar: 5/10

ID# 67213 results:

Battle: 7

Craft: 2

Loot: 3

MOB: 7

Edited by Arc

Domarus watched as the stronger player was struggling with what he had called the weakest mob in the game.  Domarus wondered if it was truly difficult to fight mobs even with a higher level, or if it was just plain bad luck.  Either way this Arc fellow seemed to be struggling but didn't seem like he was in any immediate danger.  He watched as the seemingly bored player fought against the monster, landing a hit on the creature and reducing it's health to half.  Realizing it wasn't going to help at all, he sheathed his battle ax.  No need to hold it when he wasn't using it.  He watched as Arc fought the monster off for him and was reminded of when his followers fought for him when he had been attacked by the bullies, the original kings of the school  However with his massive size, several strong followers and his cruel way of winning a fight, they were rendered useless and pathetic.  Without the strength or courage to bully kids around to do their homework their grades began to fail and they were eventually kicked out.  With them fully out of the way Domarus had all the power he could have asked for.  He was probably of higher power than the principle himself as he had the devotion of nearly everyone in the school.  He would duplicate this effect in the future here in Aincrad.  Once he was powerful enough he and his followers, minions and servants would rise up, in total control of the realms.  And he couldn't' get past how powerful an ally/servant Arc would make.  He was definitely a good man to target.  One way or another he would enlist him into his services.

"Tch."

He danced out of the way of the tusks, which was a good sign. The most brutal part of a boar's attack pattern came from the front of the body, so if a player could avoid that, it would be advantageous in staying alive. Levantine stayed ready as the creature encroached again, this time with a wicked kick toward his midsection. Arc grunted as the blow connected.

With a shake of his head, the Mercenary dismissed the attack as though it were ineffectual. It bothered him that the creature did as much damage as it was doing, but it hardly seemed to scare him. He was more worried about the other player, easy pickings if another boar were to target him. Thankfully, there were none around to do so. Arc took a stride backward and brandished his weapon, then let out a long breath.

"That all you got?" he taunted the beast.

Arc: 60/80 4/8 Energy

Boar: 5/10

ID# 67215 results:

Battle: 1

Craft: 12

Loot: 15

MOB: 8

Edited by Arc

Domarus watched as the player chose an evasive tactic to avoid the beast's tusks and was relieved to hear that strategy was a big part of this game.  It definitely won't be boring here.  As he watched the player fight the boar he couldn't help but imagine what the player would look like fighting another player.  He smiled as he imagined himself in his full glory, with a full suit of black, red glowing armor and a black glowing blade, powerful and invincible, destroying all in his path.  He was excited yes but he understood and accepted that the day was far from now.  Who knows how far, but he would make it there.  No matter how long.  And when he did he would do so with his own small army of followers, assassins and mercenaries, Arc included.  Oh yes, he wanted Arc to be his own personal general.  This player seemed to be very good at what he did, but he also seemed like he wasn't as strong as he could be.  Perhaps he wasn't a high level player after all.  If that were the case then he had a better chance at winning him over than before.  To that he smiled inwardly.  This was going better than planned.

"Too easy."

Arc raced alongside the boar for several moments after their brief lock between blade and tusk. The creature squealed in anger and frustration as it failed to do for the man. With his fleet feet and wicked weapon, the mercenary managed to stop short, which forced the creature to skid along ahead of him. Perfect. He readied his weapon behind him this time as the boar managed to turnabout.

Their eyes locked as they raced toward each other head on, like two maniacal demons playing a lethal game of chicken. The boar realized far too late that the man had an ace in the hole.

Arc swung his weapon through in an uppercut that took the creature from stem to steeple, forcing it airborne as he went. "Rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrragh!"

The last of the Black Brothers ripped through his opponent with unrelenting force, and the beast burst into streams of data before it ever hit the dirt. Arc came down with his weapon cradled in both hands, and he heaved a sigh. "Got it," he called back to the other player. "That came a little too close, I wager. Sorry for taking so long."

Arc: 60/80 4/8 Energy

Boar: Dead

ID# 67218 results:

Battle: 6

Craft: 6

Loot: 18

Mob: 5

Edited by Arc

He watched as the battle was coming to a close.  The player and the monster played chicken for a second before the boar became bacon.  As the player approached him he apologized for the length of time it took to finish it off.  He simply shrugged with a smile, keeping the friendly giant appearance up around everyone.  It was difficult however since he had nobody to vent on but he was sure that wouldn't last long.

"Hey no sweat man.  I'd rather take my sweet time than get mopped by a lowly boar," he finished with a laugh.  This was perfect.  He'd keep this appearance up and observe Arc.  He wondered what kind of man he truly was and how he could persuade the man to join him in the end.  He wasn't in this for a simple 'hey merc I'm ready to hire you again', he was in this for 'you're now my follower and will do as I say.  Do it well and you will be rewarded'.  Exactly how yet he wasn't sure as he still had much to learn in this game.  he watched as his health bar was slowly returning to normal bit by bit.  His eyes narrowed as he saw just how much health he was receiving.  He hoped that the number would change as his maximum health increased.  Either way he turned to the player Arc with grin.

"Health regeneration wouldn't happen to increase as players level up would it?  Heh heh."

"Without potions, crystals, food, or other forms of healing, there are only two ways to regain health," Arc began as the man asked. He held up a single finger. "The first is over time, which does not change in value with level. It does go up when you have a certain skill, but that's one of the ones you have to undertake a quest to gain. I hear it has another effect as well, but I haven't done it yet myself."

He raised a second finger. "The other way is with the skill "Battle Healing," which you can put points into as soon as you'd like, though I'd wager it'd be more practical to wait for some of your other skills to get matured beforehand. That's just my opinion, though," he explained. "Anyway, it lets you regain health at random intervals throughout combat, and can keep you alive in a pinch. It's not the most reliable method, but it's better than nothing, I guess."

Arc closed his hand and replaced the weapon at his back.

"This game definitely wasn't made with an easy mode, huh?" As Arc spoke, his face broke out in a grin. "Alternatively, you could take on the Alchemist profession and never have to worry about low health again. Those potions are really handy in a pinch." He knew a few alchemists, though he wouldn't mention them here. It didn't seem important.

"If you want to try another one, we can hope for something that does a little less damage, or I can get you back to town. Your call, mate."

5/8 Energy

Edited by Arc

Domarus listened to Arc explain and believed it interesting.  So there was no real effective way to heal other than potions eh?  So if a target ran out of potions they were as good as finished.  That was valuable information and he was glad Arc had spilled the information.  Battle healing seemed important though and he decided he might snag that skill at some point.  He wanted to seize everything that maximized his combat skills so that he would become invincible.  If there was something out there that could only be claimed by individual few then he would seek to take it without hesitation, ignoring what he did to others.  However it seemed col was a necessity.  He watched the warrior smile for what seemed like the first time and saw his opportunity, smiling back and drawing his weapon.

"Are you kidding?  I'm ready for more!  And I'm thankful that you've got my back.  Hopefully I can get strong enough to solo the weakest mobs here."  And once I can do that I'll be skyrocketing to the top.  I'll power level so hard the other players wouldn't see what was coming.  A lowly player in the weakest stats suddenly shooting up with powerful gear, stats and levels, rising with minions and followers of his own.  Nobody would stand before him, too weak or fragile to take him down.  Once he became strong enough he would take his place in the front lines, being too strong and powerful for them to remove since he would be so essential to defeating the bosses.  Once that happened he was free to set up his own small empire.  He'd choose a floor he liked and set up a mansion, maybe even a castle if that was allowed.  Many servants, many followers, and hopefully he'd have three personal generals who were nearly as loyal as Keres, though he doubted they'd be that loyal.

Arc watched the man for a moment after the dust settled and saw a glimmer of something that belied inner strength. He couldn't tell what it was, but the same thing he'd sensed before- the lack of fear, the desire for strength- manifested for a moment as Domarus spoke. The mercenary nodded sagely at his words. "You'll get there," he assured the other man. "Strength only comes to the people who fight for it. Keep railing against uncertainty until things become certain. Forge your own destiny and wield it just like you do that axe."

He pointed toward the weapon and indicated another boar. "This one ought to be a bit more manageable," he indicated. "Try your luck. I'll back you up if things get dicey."

The boar grunted and squealed in response to the players being too close, and it rushed toward Domarus with its head tucked. Both tusks came low, then rose in a defiant sort of dashing attack.

Boar: 10/10 (DMG:3)

Arc: 6/8 Energy

Edited by Arc

Domarus listened to Arc's words and nodded.  This was definitely the player he had hoped to one day meet.  Strength was everything to him.  Well, actually there was obviously more, but strength was a big factor in his decisions.  And strength was something Domarus could agree with.  He himself chose what he thought was the most damage dealing weapon available in the game and was eager to deal massive one hit ko attacks not only to impress others into joining him, but to increase his own personal strength.  He let out another false chuckle to the player's next words.

"Heh, if only I could wield the ax a little easier."  He began to laugh for a bit before returning his attention to Arc.  It was true he wasn't a master at the ax, but he intended to master it quickly and efficiently.  Once he did he'd look for other skills to master.  Perhaps this battle healing this player mentioned wasn't a bad thing.  He heard him mention another mob and he turned around, spotting the ridiculous mob.  The monster let out a snort and with Arc behind him, he didn't see the cruel sneer he gave the boar that made it obvious he intended to gut the thing.  The boar howled in rage and rushed at him but now he was ready.  Instead of just blindly swinging at the mobs like last time he chose to come up with a strategy.  Who knew monsters would be this smart in this game?  No other game had this kind of mechanics so far as he knew.  If they ever left this world Domarus would definitely wait for another one to be made.  There wasn't a question that they would, it was human nature.  When it did come out he would be one of the first to enter the game and become one of the greatest rulers they had ever seen.  The monster charged him and he pulled out the two handed ax like lightning and held in front of him a second before the monster struck him, locking between it's tusks.  The monster struggled for a moment before hesitating and looking at him for mercy.  It saw no such thing in his eyes.  Domarus threw the monster into the air and swung the blade in a large arc over his head and coming back around past his lower right leg and striking the monster through it's neck, bottom to top, with such force it sent a shockwave that sent the monster flying higher into the air and came crashing into the ground a few feet away.  Now THAT'S better.

ID#  67231  -><-  BD:  10  -><-  MD:  4

Domarus:  15/20  -><-  0/2 energy

Boar:  2/8  -><-  Base 3 dmg + 1 crit x 2 whirlwind = 8 dmg

Edited by Domarus

Arc nodded his approval. "That's the way," he muttered as the man showed the boar no quarter. That's how it ought to be. Don't waste time with the enemy, not listening to what they had to say or coming at them with dishonesty. Let your blade do the talking. Once you were at this point, everything else came second to the fight itself. There was nothing more sincere than the way a man conducted himself on a battlefield. It was bloody, it was brutal, but it left nothing to question.

The honor of a swordsman was different than the brutality of an axe fighter, but they were kindred spirits when it came to fighting and winning. He held much camaraderie with this new player, at the least. It made him more willing to help out, if only to see Domarus able to stand on his own two feet. He scrolled for a moment through his items and inventory, checking over his stats and health. A few more experience and he'd be able to throw some more points into the skills he was intent on learning. A few more levels and he would be able to move away from the first floor and start on the road to the top.

For now, he would settle for getting as much of that precious experience as he could. He'd fight, struggle, and get stronger. One day, he'd stand on the front lines, and nothing would keep him from cutting down every boss that tried to stop him on his way to the end. He'd free everyone, and he'd make sure that he'd protect the people who were trapped in this world.

He didn't intend to lose his life in the process, either.

"Good hit," he praised, "but don't let up yet! One more ought to do for the little bugger."

Arc: 7/8 Energy

Domarus heard Arc speaking and turned his head to him to listen.  The player was obviously proud of his fighting style and that made Domarus pleased.  Pleased that this player accepted his brutal, merciless acts of harm towards the pathetic creature.  It was pixels and nothing more, therefore he had no reason to hold back.  The foolish monster would be dead soon and he would be one step closer to achieving his goal of gaining a general.  He returned his attention to the boar.  The creature had finally managed to stand on it's feet and looked really pissed.  However something was off about it.  It's eyes flashed with rage, but it also seemed to glow for a second.  He checked it's health bar and confirmed that it was in the red zone.  So these creatures didn't become weak from fatigue?  Very well.  He'd have to teach this pathetic creature a lesson.  The boar began to charge and Domarus greeted with the same action, moving speedily toward the creature as he prepared his simple ax for another swipe.  That's when things went south.  The boar shifted it's direction just slightly, and effectively dodged the large ax.  With no resistance the ax kept swinging, knocking him off balance and he shoved it in the ground to steady himself.

"What the Hell?!"  He didn't have time to add to this as he was struck hard in the back by the boar, it's two tusks driving directly into the soft areas beside his spine.  He didn't expect the hit.  This plus the fact that he was normally immune to pain and that he knew full well of this game's pain dampening systems, there was no phantom pain.  Nothing he felt other than a light shove.  The boar had made a great hit, but it was now stuck on his back.  Growling, Domarus yanked the ax out and swung the butt of it's handle at the boar, knocking it away once again.  He spun his double sided ax until he held it with both hands.

"Let's see you try that again you piece of crap!"

ID#  67235  -><-  BD:  3  -><-  MD:  10

Domarus:  12/20  -><-  0/2 energy

Boar:  2/10

@Arc

Edited by Domarus

Arc watched in silence for a moment as the beast capitalized on an opening that Domarus hadn't seen. That was normal, though. At the lowest level, it took time to learn the attack patterns and memorize how different mobs moved. After a while, Domarus would have that same skillset. He might bleed a little at first, but it wasn't going to kill him. Arc liked the way that the man put his emotions into the fight, even if they were hostile, self serving, and filled with contempt. There was nothing like giving your all to defeat an enemy. That's what made the entire effort worthwhile.

As for his own part, Arc saw his energy had been fully restored and he watched his health climb back to normalcy at a snail's pace. If the man needed help, he would intervene, Until that time, though, the Mercenary knew it was better to let this player figure things out on his own. They wouldn't get money for these trash mobs, and they wouldn't rightly drop anything worthwhile, but the experience was far more invaluable.

Don't get overly excited. It's one hit, Dom. Arc nodded patiently, slowly, and assessed the situation with a critical eye. The other man didn't need words now. He just needed the support of someone who knew what they were doing better than he did. Use that anger, though. Let it guide your axe. Watch the boar bleed.

Arc: 63/80 8/8 Energy