{PP-F1} The Puppy meets a Demon -Mossino and myself- Complete

At long last Domarus had found Keres.  She had been wandering the city for weeks bored to death with the lack of pain.  Evidently she was upset that the game didn't allow her to face death and get beaten or stabbed to death freely like she hoped.  He was the opposite of course.  Fear was an excellent manipulation tool.  Unfortunately without his faithful and loyal servant to vent on, all his frustrations had built up and he couldn't focus on his kind appearance as much.  When he found her though he released all his wrath on her, doing the worst he could so that she felt the maximum pain the game could possibly provide.  He knew she enjoyed pain and with the games influence on pain he was able to use the most harsh ways of punishment possible.  Afterwards he had finally cooled off and was able to take on a friendly appearance without issue and told her about what he had learned thus far.  He also told her about a player named Esther who was the apprentice of a pker named Mari.  Who made potions that could force you to tell the truth, make you addicted to the potion.  And drive you to a desire to kill.  All of which would work perfectly to forward his goals.  After all of this he told her to wait for him while he headed to go search for a blacksmith to forge a proper ax for him.  It couldn't be intimidating just yet.  That would come at a much higher level.  However it was definitely time to get his stats up so he could stand against most monsters.  After getting his weapon he intended to take that quest that grants the victor a piece of armor.  It wouldn't be the best but at least he could save up col.  His massive body parted the stream of the crowd as his eyes checked the buildings, making sure he didn't look rough or edgy.  Now where would a blacksmith reside?

@Mossino

Edited by Domarus

And what a happenstance would it be that, right as Domarus was coming down the rode of the main street of the Town of Beginnings, a girl would just be about to leave the blacksmith. She had just bought her first weapon actually, and was rather excited. With a turn of her heels and a ding of bells, Domarus would see a door, which was inscribed as 'The Grand Forge,' open up a few feet in front of him, the woman stepping out. It was a tiny girl, young and at least a foot and a half shorter than him. She was holding a shiny, obviously newly smithed weapon which seemed to be drawing all of the woman's attention. So much so that when she turned to walk to the right, she smacked right into Domarus, toppling to the ground and falling onto her hiney.

Her eyes slowly traveled up the man, further...and further...and further...until she finally reached his face. Quickly, her cheeks filled up with light redness and she quickly gave him an apology, "A-Ah, so sorry sir! I didn't see you there! My mistake!"

Domarus heard a shop bell and turned to see the sign.  Finally he thought.  He was about to step into the store when he caught sight of the girl, right before she ran into his legs and fell on her rear.  She slowly looked up at him and he made sure his appearance showed kindness, friendliness, and a dash of humor in it.  He watched as the girl reddened, chuckling to himself, then laughed lightly as she apologized to him.  This girl was innocent and naive.  But when he looked at her sword he saw that the blade was made and looked fit for destructive power.  Perhaps she had some strength in her.  In time perhaps, she might make a good follower, persuading others that he was truly a good man.  Still, no matter how young or naive she was, manipulation took time.  And time was what he had.  He would rule this world before they made it too far into the game.  He crouched on his knees and reached down, as he was still considerably higher than the girl, gently taking her hand and lifting her up slowly.

"Hey that's alright.  I honestly didn't see you there until just now.  You just bought that I'm assuming?  Why would an adorable girl like you be fighting monsters?"  His goal was to take on the appearance of a knight in shining armor to most players.  He didn't have the 'shining armor' yet but it was only a matter of time.  Perhaps he could wait before getting his ax.  Gaining followers was much more important than getting gear.  At least to his flaming eyes it was.

"Surely you don't live on your own?  You have to have someone right?"  If she had friends they would either be a bunch of other kids like her, or strong capable warriors who probably wouldn't like his true personality whatsoever.  Eh, he didn't care what others thought of him.  So long as he rose to the top he could care less.  Although...  It might be a good demonstration to annihilate one or two who might try to oppose or stop him.  Then again that might be seen as tyranny and that never worked out.  It would only work if the person was already seen as evil, like his removal of the bullies in the school.  They saw his rising and tried to stop him, but with his massive size, multiple followers, and his cruel combat methods they were disposed of quickly, gaining him many more followers.

@Mossino

The tiny girl blushed again as he gently helped her up. With a light smile, and a light sigh of relief that he wasn't upset, she quickly stood up with his help. With long blond hair and a kind complexion, she was nearly the textbook definition of the young, kind girl. His knight in shining armor outward appearance was working. Well, at least on Alisa. She had no social smarts to see past the guise, and she loved it when someone was kind to her like this. Once Domarus realized this, it probably wouldn't be hard to manipulate her into stuff.

However, that was for a later date, Alisa had listened to the questions he had asked, the first one bringing another blush up from her. Compliments were another thing she seemed to enjoy...

"I did uhm...just buy this, for fighting monsters, solo, yes...and uhm...I live out in the woods on this floor with a friend, we camp...I used to live alone, on the streets." she tells him. The girl had a French accent. Something probably odd in this world, but she seemed to have one.

"Erm...s-sorry again, sir," she ends with, standing there awkwardly.

As Domarus listened to the girl talk he was quickly realizing how easy it was going to be to manipulate this girl.  The obvious first step would be to befriend her over the next course of the week.  When they were close enough he could pull out some of her personal views and begin to bend them slightly, changing, altering them closer to his perspective.  If she didn't listen to him he'd simply set up a scenario that would force her to believe.  Scenarios that really did happen, that actually took effect in this world and the real one.  Things that she couldn't ignore on any level.  Once her beliefs began to change he could start requesting things of her to start her on the journey to becoming one of his generals.  If general didn't work out she could always end up as a follower.  Then she mentioned a friend of hers.  Dang it.  This would be a problem if it was what he thought it was.

"A friend?  How did you guys meet?  Wait you slept on the road?"  He showed genuine shock and concern on his face with the last remark but in reality he was beginning to understand this girl a little more now.  She was probably pathetic like the rest of the players on this rotten floor except she was so in the sense that she was terrible at combat, gathering, anything really.  This other person probably was teaching her and therefore was her master and she her apprentice.  He of course was someone's master but in a very much different sense.  Keres was his personal servant who didn't mind, and in fact enjoyed his punishments very much.  Therefore she was the perfect venting tool.  Despite this however she was also his one and only friend in the real world.  Both of their pasts were equally interesting and confusing.  Still that didn't change the fact that he needed other workers.

"If your not doing anything maybe we could talk over lunch?  You look a bit hungry," he said with a friendly smile.  "Though, I don't have that much col I'd be more than willing to pay."  He wouldn't be paying.  He was betting his life on it.  This girl seemed to be the type to want to help others rather than herself and she might not like the idea of his willing to pay for her.

Alisa sighed lightly after his first remark. Yep, she had slept on the road for a while. Before she knew what to do or how to play the game, she slept on the roads. No where to go, no where to stay. Of course, soon after her friend how found her, and helped her get into the game..It seems Domarus was right, this friend of hers was a semi-mentor, but to his luck, she wouldn't need him much anymore. She knew her combat, she knew how to gather materials, she knew how to hold her own now, he was mistaken about that.

"Oh uh...we met when I was sitting on a bench. I was rather down and he came to me and helped me. Taught me how to play the game...before then I slept on the road.."

Alisa was infact easy to manipulate, it would just take time. It would depend on how well Domarus did though.

"Oh...yeah! There is a great restaurant near here, and don't worry I'll pay!" She said to him, obviously already warming up to the man.

"Its uhm, this way, if you want to follow." She states, turning to walk off towards a store down the road.

The girl told him that she did indeed sleep on the road at first and told him that there was a player teaching him.  Well, this made things a little more complicated.  Not by much of course but it still increased the difficulty of manipulating her.  He needed to take caution if she had a master listening to what she said.  Perhaps this naive little girl could tell him a little more about this master of hers.  And what better way than to please her with food and cheap gentleman words?  He would get to the bottom of her knowledge eventually.  Hopefully soon he'd know much about how this master of hers thinks and acts and would be able to counter his teachings without making him suspicious.  Hopefully by the time he did become suspicious, this girl would be at the point where she didn't know who to believe more.  He smiled at the girl.

"Well it's refreshing to hear that someone is taking care of players out there."  His smile showed false shock at her insisting that she pay for the meal.  Then she began to lead him to a restaurant that she evidentially knew was a great place to eat.  He allowed his features to change to that same gleeful and humorous look as he shook his head and chuckled slightly.

"Well if you really want to pay for it who am I to argue?"  He followed her and began to observe that she didn't walk as he expected she would.  Instead of the young, giddy, girlish walk her stride was swift with confidence, swift enough for him to go mid pace to stay with her, which usually never happened.  He took long strides and thus was always a fast walker.  When he sprinted though, he left all others in the dust.  This girl however.  It seems she was taught well.  Her shoulders were relaxed, yet her posture seemed ready to draw her weapon at a moment's notice.  An interesting combination.  Yes.  She would make a fine general one day.  One day.

Alisa led the man towards a nearby cafe. She was smiling and rather happy that she had met this man. He was..maybe a bit odd, yes, but he seemed rather nice and kind, that was something she could respect. And she was happy to pay for him, anything for a fellow player. It wasn't a far walk to the store, just right down the road from the blacksmith.

Just seconds later she had opened a door and stepped inside to a small store. It was a tiny restaurant by comparison to the others on the floor and other floors. However, it was a homely place, with a fireplace in the wall, chairs and tables, all your standard stuff for a nice little restaurant.

"Uhm, pretty sure this place sells Sandwiches, even though it looks rather fancy...lets si---oh, I never got your name sir, how bad-mannered of me." she gives him a light frown at her own bad manners, leading herself to a seat near the door, four person table made out of wood. Plopping down in the chair, she gives a glance around the building, looking at the bare minimum people in the restaurant, with a waiter slowly making her over way to them.

She gave him another smile, no signs of not trusting him yet. It seems he has really got to her already.

As the girl came into the shop he followed suit and was not at all interested in the decorations, except maybe for the fireplace.  Fire.  The element itself had all his interest and seemed to match him completely.  Just like fire he was passionate.  Just like fire he intended to guide others into the way he knows the world truly turns.  Just like fire he will burn down those who stand in his way.  He was unrelenting, unyielding, cruel, powerful, crushing, and yet he could also be kind if you believed his morals.  Most of the time it was for show of course, but his closest followers were allowed to know of his true self.  Most of the time when he revealed himself they had been altered by his manipulation so much they either didn't care or were pleased to find that his kindness was a ruse.  As they sat down he stared at the fire, his imagination kicking in.  He pictured himself as the burning power and recalled the bullies he had 'disposed' of at school.  He was the fire.  They were the grass.  There was no obstacle that could stand in his way.  He would destroy.  He would conquer.  He would  Dominate, as his namesake meant.  He was brought back to reality as the girl asked for his name, apologizing for her... Bad manners?  Shouldn't that have been the other way around?

"Well I feel it would be bad manners on my behalf since I'm the newcomer.  And I love your accent by the way.  Are you native to France?  Or is it a trait you picked up on?  And my name is Domarus.  Nice to meet you."  He turned to the waitress as she approached.  A servant to obey his wishes.  This was how he liked it.  However he still needed to take on the appearance of a gentleman so he would not talk to her as he should.  As a master would speak to the servant.  He hated it but he kept his gentle smile up as gave his order:  A spicy chicken sandwich with tomatoes, lettuce, pickles, cheese, and spicy sauce.  After he finished placing his order he began to wonder what sort of person this girl was, and more importantly, who her master was.

"I hope I don't appear rude in asking for your name in return?  I'd love to know the name of the person paying for my meal."

Alisa listened to Domarus carefully. There was something about him. Something different from the other people she had met. However...nothing seemed that bad about him. Actually, he acted like a pretty stand up guy. Something Alisa could most definitely respect. After he order, she quickly just ordered a turkey sandwich. She wasn't that horrible hungry, and didn't want to over eat.

Ah...her French accent...when people brought it up it reminded her of home. She..missed home a lot. She wanted to go back. Even if it wasn't the best home, she missed it. She missed France...it was stupid of her to take this vacation to Japan, it was stupid for her to get in the game...however she kept these feelings rather repressed..

"Ah...No I'm from France..." she mutters...adding something in a whisper, "I miss it.."...."I'm Alisa...Domarus...that's a nice name." She smiles at him, getting back into her happy mood. She seemed to hop through emotions at a moments notice, but stayed mostly happy.

"So um..." her voice trailed off as she couldn't make any small talk between the two.

Domarus saw a twinge of sadness on her expression as he asked about her French accent.  Upon her response he smiled inwardly.  At last he was getting somewhere.  He needed to convince her to share more detail with him.  This could be the first step to drawing him over to his side.  He needed to take it gently though.  Not only was she young and so very manipulative, she had a master who would notice any drastic changes.  He also didn't want Alisa to tell her master about this.  This was a delicate matter indeed but if he played his cards right nothing would go wrong and he'd have another follower.  He let his smile waver a bit after what she said about France.

"Are you alright?  You look a little sad."  He let those words hang for a while before continuing.

"Well thank you for the compliment.  If you aren't comfortable talking about your home I won't pry.  It just looks like you miss it is all."  Good.  He was doing well.  A good mix of concern, sadness, and manners all wrapped in one.  This was how a normal gentleman acted and could usually fool most people.  It was the perfect set up.  He would seem genuinely concerned for her happiness when really he just wanted to know the details about her which would allow him more options and windows for manipulation.  He needed to know everything about her, just like he needed to know more about Arc.  While her eyes were down he looked at her rapier once again and realized she was a damage dealer.  Interesting.  Then she would need an evasive build more than anything.  If she needed an evasive build chances were that her master was a dps of some sort.  Otherwise her master could only teach her the statistics in this game, not strategy or skills.  He wondered how skilled she truly was.  However that would come in time.

Alisa nodded lightly towards him, slowly removing the glum expression from her face. This was going beautifully for Domarus, wasn't it?

"Even though..I hated home, I miss it....." she sighs. This was a good chance for Domarus. Let me spill out her emotions, give her support, make her like him further and further. Perhaps even emotionally break her and rebuild her. However, that was not for her to decide, or even think about, as she was only remembering her little chalet in the French countryside. Growing up alone, being alone. It was something she didn't particularly enjoy. However, most of it was voluntary but...if she had the choice to go back, she would have lived a much more social life. It was her biggest regret to this point.

Giving another hefty sigh, she returns to her smile, however, it seems that it is a bit more weary now. In her silence, the waitress showed back up with the food they order, handing it to them and setting it in front of them on shiny porcelain plates. Alisa thanked the waiter and quickly took a bite before setting the sandwich back down, wondering if Domarus will continue his line of questioning.

Domarus listened to Alisa's answer and realized that his original plan wouldn't work now.  He intended to ask her why she would want to go to Japan if she loved France so much.  However she just said she hated home yet missed it.  No simple questions would work with this girl.  He needed to think about how to move from here.  Like lightning his mind began setting up ideas and results, removing ones that would not work and ones that will.  He wasn't sure how far into her training her master was with her, but he couldn't risk breaking her.  At least not yet.  At some point however, after she was done with her master he would use one of the potions Mari had shown him.  It was a powerful potion, just like all of her potions, and bring up the most depressing thoughts and emotions, allowing him to push her to the brink of emotional breakdown.  When everything she thought she knew was seen as false and flawed that's when he would step in and give her a reason to live.  He would use his silver tongue to persuade her into agreeing with his beliefs.  It was a flawless plan and he couldn't mess it up here.  He knew what he needed to do now.  He looked at her confused and still a tad bit concerned as the waitress placed down their plates.

"How can you miss home and yet hate it?  Did you hate the environment but miss someone special?  Or was it vice versa?"  He thought that this was the safest route.  If she answered him then he could further work toward comforting her, giving her even more reason to like and trust him.  If she decided not to answer he could apologize and say that he was a naturally curious fellow and wanted to see if he could help her as she looked hurt in some way.  Either route would raise his status with her further.  The only difference was that the first result would be more beneficial.  He took a bite of his sandwich and felt the fire ignite inside of him.  He loved anything that reminded him the pure raw strength of passion.  Fire, rage, heat, it all reminded him of it.  He didn't show his craving however.  All he showed was that he enjoyed the sandwich.  He awaited her response, curious to see how this would turn out.

Alisa took another bite of the sandwich, mulling over what had been asked by Domarus. Yes...it was slightly contradictory wasn't it? She said she missed home yet hated it at the same time. It was a confusing statement, but she could explain it. She hated the life she lived there, yes, but loved the environment, the scenery. France was a beautiful, wonderful place, that she wishes she could have experienced. But due to her own stupid mistake, she lost all of the chances to do that. That made her parents resent her, and herself to become saddened in the future. It was an odd way to dislike something but. That was Alisa, odd...

"Ah...well...I was home schooled. Never knew why..my parents just wanted me to...Since I was sheltered like that..I never had many friends...so I pretty much became a hermit, confined to my room. I didn't really think I had a choice, so I made the best out of what I had. No friends, nothing to do, and no...potential...at least that is what my parents thought. They hated me I believed, just wanted me out of their hair...I mean..I enjoyed my life there...but now after actually having friends..I realized what I had left behind. And I was a fool for doing so..." taking a breath, she continues with the story, "So, when I wanted to go to Japan on vacation, my parents didn't care. let me go alone for some reason. I wasn't responsible. Guess they wanted to get rid of me and..well...here I am..."

Alisa's smile twitches after that, like she is trying to keep emotion away from the front.

Despite the fact that she was too innocent and to open for her own good, Domarus was extremely surprised that she'd release such in real life information so easily.  When he won her over he would need to teach her how to conceal the truth without making it appear like she was doing so.  Still, this was the perfect opportunity.  She showed him that she wanted friends more than anything because she didn't have that.  She also apparently felt like she was useless.  So she already felt she had no purpose and this master of hers was trying to fill that void?  Heh.  Domarus would change that quickly.  After befriending her he would work towards setting up a scenario that forced her to face the cruelty of this world before fooling her into consuming Mari's potion, forcing her into a depressed state and allowing him to shatter her emotions, only to piece them back together into a much stronger, resilient, and more obedient version of Alisa.  He paused his eating and looked at her with false sorrow.

"Alisa.  I'm so sorry to hear that.  Nobody should be alone.  I'm glad your making friends and I'd love to be yours too if you'd let me.  I understand if you don't though, it's no big deal.  Whether you do or you don't though, know this:  I may not know much about you, you are not worthless.  On that I swear my life."  He finished with a sad and yet pleasant smile.  Which he loathed.  All this sweet talk was maddening, but he could bear it.  With each day he would vent on his servant and was able to handle the frustrations that would build up as well as pathetic players.  She however was not pathetic.  She had a hidden strength in her, a passion that had yet to be released.  He would do so.  He would break her only to resurrect her anew.  Anew and stronger than ever.  Not only stronger though.  When she was rebuilt she would know she had much to learn and he would be her new master, and her his apprentice.  With her by his side he would have his first general and be well on his way to becoming the most powerful man in this world.

@Mossino

Alisa returned him with a sweet smile. Again, she didn't see past his guise. It was rather naive of her, yes, but, was this for the best? The help Domarus might provide in the future was rather...beneficial to Alisa herself. If only she knew right now. With a light giggle she gave Domarus another smile. She felt rather comfortable around Domarus now. A new, knight in shining armor that was incredibly nice. What was there not to like!? She was legitimately happy to have met him.

"Hey...thanks alright? I needed this, this chat...Friends?" she asks, holding out a hand towards him. It was a genuine gesture, she felt comfortable enough around him to let him be her friend. But of course, this wasn't a hard goal. This was nearly assured from the moment Domarus had met Alisa. It was just a measure of time from this point on, and she was in the palm of his hand now. After presumably shaking his hand, she would go and finish up her sandwich in a few bites.

And that was it.  Her fate was sealed.  She was now his so called 'friend'.  She took the bait and now all he had to do was .  With that handshake as he smiled gleefully to her, he was already setting up plans for their next meeting.  Perhaps he should meet her master.  Perhaps he should find her when she was on her own.  He went with on her own as he didn't think it time to meet her master yet.  He did want to know his name though.  Not immediately but as they learned more about each other.  Which would be his next approach.  How to progress?  He needed to change a few details in his story and background if he was going to share information.  In return for her sharing her story of course.  He almost never shared his story but then, it wasn't the full story now was it?

"I feel like I should share a bit of my life since you showed yours.  Where to start?  I didn't have my mother but my father was kind enough.  I began playing video games when my father became too busy at work and when I switched from home school to public school it was high school.  I quickly made friends, but one was more important to me.  She and I were inseparable.  She's here in the game too, but we split up for now.  We'll meet up after this.  I helped the other kids expose the bullies at school and after I graduated I got a job.  When this game came out I bought it and played it.  Nothing else really happened.  Maybe we could learn more about each other?  I'd like to know my friends better if that's ok with you."  This was going better than planned.  It wasn't true of course.  The reality was that he turned a handful of students into his followers after he met Raven.  The girl was an interesting case.  She enjoyed being punished and beaten, which worked fine with Domarus.  They talked for a bit in private and after striking a deal and having moment together, she had become his servant.  His most faithful follower.  After some time the bullies thought it best to put his ego down to size.  Unfortunately for them he was not only six foot six, but he had a handful of followers.  With no teachers around and nobody to protect them, the bullies got the biggest beating of their life.  With that event he became the king of the school, almost literally.  And now he would duplicate the events here.  He would rule again, maybe not all of Aincrad, but definitely many players, enough to give him power and security.  And already he had two potential servants, and someone willing to give him tools to make his progress easier.

Alisa listened to Domarus' backstory. She leaned in to get every detail. It, of course, being a fake backstory wasn't the most interested, but Alisa still listened to every word. It was far more interesting than her own. He seemed ot have lived a pretty normal life though. Some excitement, but not too much, a fair amount of it.

Alisa gave him a smile, "Ah..my life is uh...rather boring..literally nothing interesting. I just hid in my room and played games and did my school. Never went outside, exercised some...wasn't interesting...sorry to bore you. There's not much to know about me..." she mutters the last part towards him, a bit embarrassed she had to share her pitiful horrible story to him.

She had no idea what she had finally gotten herself into. The palm of the hand of the madman. However, this would work out for her in the long run. She would just have to realize that over time. This was the start of a beautiful friendship.

Domarus shook his head a little bit with a gentle smile after taking a few more bites.  This girl was impossible. What had this master of hers actually taught her?  This girl had little to no self confidence in herself whatsoever and continued to tell him that she had nothing of interest.  Of course she had something of interest, there was no other reason for him being here.  This foolish girl was hopeless without him.

"First off no, there is much to learn about you.  What's your favorite color?  What do you like to do?  Do you like flowers?  What about favorite foods?  What time of day or night do you like the best?  Sunrise, sunset or twilight?  What build do you want?  What are your goals in this world?  How many friends do you have?  I want to learn about you not your history."  He gave a comforting smile.  This girl was going to open up.  He just needed to start by making her more confident than this master of hers ever made her.  Then he'd simply strengthen their relationship to the point where his plans could unfold properly.  He needed time to save up enough col to purchase one or two potions from Mari.  Specifically the depression potion.  However he might need one or two more potions over time.  Hopefully not very soon of course.  He needed to make more sound and foundational plans set in place.  He had arc yes, and this girl obviously but what next?  Perhaps they could help him find suitable recruits but that still required planning.  There had to be a better way to go about this.

"And second don't cut yourself short.  Figuratively of course.  I can already tell you can be a strong and independent woman if you push yourself.  You just got to stand on your own two feet, push yourself, and walk out into the world.  We make mistakes and learn from them, no need to beat yourself up.  And no you don't bore me in the slightest."  He started out making a joke and ended with a friendly chuckle and smile.  This was an interesting case and he was eager to see what would happen in the end.

The girls light smile only grew with how he egged her own to be better. It was true her own self confidence was lacking, but it was way better than it was before. When she had just started the game, she wouldn't even talk to someone. Her mentor had most definitely taught her enough to get her going, yes. But, this man, Domarus, would take her to new heights with her raw strength and her confidence. The light compliment and push to let her talk formed a double purpose. While it was to let Domarus learn more about the girl, it also bolstered the self-pride the girl had that people actually cared for her. It was...odd to think that, to be honest. That she went from no one to one or two people. It was...good?

"Uhm...Dark Red, fight mobs, flowers are amazing, pancakes, Twilight since it is the best mix of day and night, main DPS, my goals are uhm..make it out alive...., and I have..." the girl raises a hand, counting them off on her fingers...

"One...two...three, four, five, and...you make six! My first six friends." She states rather happily...."My whole purpose for getting to know this game is to help the frontliners..I may not look like it, but I want to escape this game, and I want to be right up there helping the others do it, I just have to get stronger...by any means...within uhm..reason."

So, she was willing to get powerful by any means necessary? That could help Domarus out a bit.

And he was right. She had to stand on her own too feet, she had to be strong, she had to be independent. She couldn't always fall back on Itzal or Beatbox. She needed to be self-reliant, and use them only when necessary. Mistakes will be made, but the ends outweigh the means. And she didn't bore him...the was a first.

She gave him a large smile, and a simple, "Thank you."