Friendly Training Session (Calrex vs. Takao)

As he entered into the arena Calrex gave a small sigh as he looked around. Certainly the feel of the area had a different feel from the S&Z tournament, as well as his duel with Ssendom. The bleachers were devoid of people, and if he gave it more thought he preferred it that way, no pressure. This time there was nothing riding on the duel, and there was nothing materialistic to be gained. It was a simple duel, at least should his sparring partner accept the request he was about to send out. "Nothing crazy, just a casual spar to get an idea of how I stack up. I may be the highest level player at the moment, but that doesn't mean my skills exactly reflect that. Takao's the closest in level to me, so it's the best course to see how I'm doing."

Swiping on his menu the bluenette typed out his message, sending it out to the brunette.

Spoiler

To: @Takao

Hey man, feeling up for a little casual sparring. I'll be at the arena. Nothing pressing, just something so help gauge our current skills. We can discuss the parameters if you're down.

With the message sent he went over to the circular wall, leaning against it as he put his hands into his jacket pockets, "Now we'll see if Tak's actually got the time for it."

Repetition. Oh how he hated it, yet the very concept of Sword Art Online called for it again and again. Repetition produced results, surely this much was true, and those ever-important numbers going up were perhaps the only force that drove him forward. Go to this spot and kill these monsters, then go to a new spot when they stopped spawning, then go home and craft, then sleep and repeat. With how he'd distanced himself from the general populace as of late, there was little in his daily routine that broke the monotony. However, there were some anomalies that did that; an interruption in the form of a Private Message chiming had brought his attention to the blinking icon on his HUD. Green eyes slowly trailed down away from the message and to the humanoid reptile-like monster he held by the neck, his right arm pulled back and hand clenched tight into a fist. Utilizing the Martial Arts skill in place of his Dagger was oddly entertaining, especially when it boiled down to literally beating things into submission. A quick right jab ended the monster and left it shattering into pixels as Takao righted himself and opened up the message.

The contents of the message were skimmed and contemplated for a brief moment before a response was returned:

AUMwo5B.png I'm down. Gimme 15, I'm in the fields right now.
Recipient: Calrex

The allocated amount of time had passed by the time Takao arrived at the arena. It was understandably vacant, sans the aquamarine-hued swordsman leaned up against the far wall. Takao greeted Calrex with a wave, nearly upsetting the balance of the wingless dragon familiar riding on his shoulders. "Ay Cal. Sorry for the wait."

At the sight of his fellow guildmate across the opposite side of the arena Calrex flashed his usual friendly smile, returning the wave with his own as he used the back of his hip to push off of the wall into a fully upright standing position. He had received Takao's message, and it appeared that not only did he show up, he was actually earlier than he had planned, "Glad you could make it Tak. You're actually earlier than you said by about five minutes, heh."

Seeing Takao's familiar, Otoko, Roc descended from above, hovering a few feet above so that he could get a better look. The peregrine falcon had interacted with the wingless dragon in the past, and it was certainly pleasant to have another animal around.

With a nod Calrex proceeded, "Figured it's be a nice break from routine to have a duel. I thought it would be a good idea to get a gauge on our abilities, since we're both fairly high in level and share similar skills. We could go by the regular parameters for a half duel, but if you wanted we could also just go with basic weaponry to see the differences in our combat tactics."

"Tak may share the One-Handed Straight Sword and Martial Arts skills with me, but his overall build is certainly different. As a result of my trainings and experience, I'm become more of a defensive bruiser type, while I believe Tak's gone to be more of an attacker. From the last floor raid, I remember that he was wielding a Two-Handed Straight Sword like Dom, Mac, and Arc do. So I'm certain he has different ways to approach different battle situations."

"I haven't got much going on today, so we can even take breaks if needed to change out equipment and bounce strategies off of each other. Sounds like a good idea?"

"Early, eh?" Takao said as he stretched his arms skyward, only stopping when his digital joints played an audible popping sound. He flexed his hands next as they returned to his sides, digging into the pockets of his trousers. "That doesn't usually happen." The thoughts were shaken from his head and he refocused on Calrex, who went on to say that they were similar in level and shared a similar spread of skills. More or less. There were a few oddities in either build that differed it from the other, some more numerically potent than others. With eyes narrowed ever so slightly in thought, Takao schemed.

He's got Achilles, and that'll chew through half my damage before going through his armour... 'n it'll hit me back. Martial Arts drains more energy than one-handed straight sword as well, so I'll have to expend more energy just t'keep up. The smart thing for him t'do would be to sit back 'n parry everything with that mod and whittle me down like that, 'cause he'll win if it's down to a battle of attrition... My only option is to just try 'n out-damage him and hope that my regen can keep up.

With Roc hovering nearby, Otoko turned to Takao briefly and exhaled a few throaty barks into his ear. "Yeah, go ahead." Takao said in response as he lifted his arm, providing the familiar adequate footing to descend to the ground with catlike finesse, running off to preoccupy himself with playing with his avian companion.

"I think we can stick with our weapons, if y'don't mind anyway. I have a feelin' the spar would drag out for quite a while otherwise. I'm guessin' we're gonna be goin' for the pure No Items, Fox Only, Final Destination run?" Takao said, referencing yet another age-old, long since outdated meme. "I mean like... no buffs, no charge, that business."

Calrex gave a nod, "Alright then, normal weapons it is. I guess the duel would get a bit long if we decided go with basic weapons, especially with the new update, heh."

As Otoko dismounted from Takao's shoulder Roc descended down, landing closeby to the flightless dragon. The peregrine falcon did appreciate the company, and Calrex understood, merely giving a nod to his familiar before returning his attention back to his sparring partner, "Heh, well I don't think there's a way to speedrun this, but yeah you're correct. No consumables, temporary boosts, or burst skills like Charge. Skill Mods are fine if you want to go with that. Of course since it's a duel we can also set it to be half loss."

"I've become a bit too used to the prolonged battle tactic, something that have just come with the territory of tanking, especially now with the Achilles skill serving as a secondary damage absorb after getting through my armor. Course, if I wanted to maximize the reflector damage of it I would need to wear virtually no armor and let my HP take all of the incoming damage. But I'd like to be able to have more tactics than just that. I won't be able to become a glass cannon, the way I am now, but at least if I can understand the various strategies needed for each, I may be able to assemble various skills and enhancements to mold myself into each one. I guess in some way that's the other specialty of the Achilles skill: It synergizes well with virtually any build."

Opening up the duel menu he began to enter the parameters, "Anything else you can think of off hand?" 

"Sounds good t'me." Takao said in response to the conditions. No buffs to increase his damage, no usage of charge to do the same, and nothing outside of his own skill set to regenerate health. Each condition of their battle was something that had become a staple in Takao's build; maximizing what he already had in order to kill as quickly as possible, saving himself the chance of sustaining damage. He had a backup plan or two in place just in case, but he was mainly reliant on that main factor-- kill them quickly. That wasn't exactly the best plan of action against Calrex.

"Nothin' else comes to mind, unless I can convince you to lend me Achilles for the next half hour or so." He jested, flashing a grin. With the duel parameters entered and the confirmation window appearing before him, Takao pressed accept and moved off to an adequate distance away for the start of their bout. His feet shifted to be shoulder width apart and he faced Calrex. Both hands were raised, and his right fist slammed into his left palm. The absence of a weapon on his person and the gesture likely made it abundantly clear how he intended to combat his opponent, if it hadn't already been apparent.

Initiative Roll
ID: 67394
LD: 6

SKILLS & STATS

Spoiler

Level 69
138 Energy
1385 HP

15 Base Damage
3 Accuracy
3 Evasion
66 Mitigation

Rank 5 -- 2H Straight Sword
Rank 5 -- 1H Straight Sword
Rank 5 -- Search & Detect
Rank 5 -- Charge
Rank 3 -- Light Armour
Rank 2 -- Battle Healing

Rank 5 -- Martial Arts
Rank 3 -- Familiar: Fighter
Survival
Concentration

R5 Ferocity -- Martial Arts
Athletics
Reveal
Detect

ID: 67409
Loot Dice: 8 (Calrex goes first)

OOC: Going for battle roll to prevent double posting XD

IC:

ID: 67410
Battle Dice: 2 (Accuracy +3 / -3 Evasion) = 2 (Vengeful Riposte Fail)
<<Parry>> Activated (2 Energy Used / 142 Remaining)

"Heh, even if I wanted to, I think unique skills actually aren't transferrable, at least not like it was in the past. I can't go trading it like an item like Tristan did for me."

Giving a nod to his opponent as Takao gave a ready stance Calrex gave a calming breath. Reaching back he detached both his sword and sheath from the back of his hip, holding the assembly in front of him. Gripping both the Grand Blade II's handle and the mouth of the sheath he drew both apart, tossing the scabbard to the side in the process, signaling that he was ready as well.

"Alright, looks like Tak's going to be going with martial arts for this battle. Most likely he'll have it at maximum level then, so I can't rush in recklessly. I'm not built in a way to guarantee a hit, and a bad miss would only open myself up to an attack."

Flipping his weapon into a reverse grip he entered his <<Parry>> stance, the light blue aura forming around his forearms. Of course, the defensive move cost Energy, but it was nothing now with the boosted health and stamina levels.

"There is the chance he could just wait out my Parry technique until I run low on energy as well. This may be just like my battle with Ssendom, wait out until I see a clear opening, then take the advantage and strike."

On the sidelines, while Roc was enjoying his time interacting with Otoko, he still knew he needed to do his job as Calrex's partner. Getting a lock on Takao the signifier for the familiar accuracy boost became visible as a blue falcon tattoo appeared on Calrex's cheek.

Spoiler

Level 72
144 Energy
1470 HP

13 Base Damage
3 Accuracy
2 Evasion
30 Mitigation

Rank 5 -- 1H Straight Sword
Rank 1 -- 1H Curved Sword
Rank 5 -- Block
Rank 1 -- Search & Detect
Rank 5 -- Charge
Rank 5 -- Heavy Armour
Rank 1 -- Battle Healing
Parry
Howl

Rank 3 -- Martial Arts
Rank 2 -- Achilles
Rank 1 -- Katana
Rank 1 -- Familiar: Accuracy
Survival
Disguise

R5 Ferocity -- 1H Straight Sword
Athletics
Stonewall
Quick Change -- 1H Straight Sword
Vengeful Riposte

Another smirk appeared on Takao's face as he watched Calrex take the predictable course of action. It was to be expected, as it was the smart and safe choice. Had his reaction time been a bit better he might've landed a strike on Calrex before he activated his «Parry» skill, but fortune had not favoured him in that endeavor. Instead, Takao opted to circle around Calrex, being careful with his footwork to never cross his legs lest he be spooked and lose his footing. His arms stayed at his side, knowing fully well that for a short time Takao would be uncontested whilst Calrex stood ready to parry.

"Parry and Achilles? Yeesh. That's a tough wall t'hit." He said as he circled Calrex, green eyes watching his movements carefully and gloved hands flexing in preparation to strike. "I have a sneakin' suspicion this duel might drag on for a while regardless." His smirk dimmed as his slow walk crunched the digital soil beneath his soles, the gears in Takao's head turning as he thought.

Hittin' him now wouldn't be too smart. Even if I did hit, he'd chew through my damage and clean it up with battle healing. I'll just have to bait him into an opening and exchange hits... 'n maybe I'll have a change to out-damage him then. He'll probably go for a stun 'n try to get two hits right out the gate... No reason to go takin' risks just yet, though. Let's just put that one in the vault for a bit.

ID: n/a
BD: n/a (x + 3(ACC) - 2(EVA))
CD: n/a
(BH Recovers 166HP on CD6+)

ID: 67563

Battle Dice: 6 (Accuracy +3 / -3 Evasion) = 6
Sword Art <<Nova Ascension>> Activated (9 Energy Used / 1 Recovered / 134 Remaining)

"As I figured. Takao's already aware of the defensive capabilities of Achilles coupled with mitigation. Of course he's not going to try and strike me while I've got Parry activated, and the same would occur if I were to activate Safe Guard while using a shield. This is why I hope Takao would practice with me. I need to see more than what my current skills and tactics have to offer. My build may currently be set for defense, but I know that with the right skills I can spread my abilities further than that. I just need to see what I'm missing."

"Heh, no kidding. I fought Tristan before he even got this skill in the S&Z tournament. Felt like I might have as well been attacking a cactus that was on fire."

Lowering his stance Calrex shot forward, his sword alight with a shining blue glow, the technique marker for the <<Nova Ascension>> attack. Since the two had barred <<Charge>> from the battle, that meant opening burst attacks were not allowed. This also meant he couldn't have thought to make use of the Bull Rush mod and combine it with <<Meteor Break>>

"It's a predictable tactic, but it's the only thing I've got that consistently works right now. Strike and inflict Stun, then follow up with another attack. Only problem with that is first, Takao probably has a higher damage output than me if he's using Martial Arts. The second is that a secondary attack would leave me opening for a return barrage."

Coming into range he let loose with the flurry of strikes, finished with a hilt slam that inflicted Stun. Leaping back the bluenette gave a nod, "I'm sure you've seen that tactic more than enough times now huh?"

Calrex: 1470/1470
EN: 134/144

Takao: 1325/1385 (13+1 DMG * 9 Art - 66 MIT = 60 DMG / Stunned Until Next Turn)
EN: 138/138

A pained grin crossed Takao's face as he endured Calrex's flurry of blows, each strike landing true and cutting through his cloth armour. He had foreseen this very outcome, as any other passable tactician would have, and stood steadfast. It was a risky tactic, but it would pay itself off in a few ways. Takao would learn what kind of damage Calrex could do to him in the span of a certain period of time, he would learn how many hits he could sustain before his battle healing was at a loss, and he would find an opening in Calrex's defenses if his advance continued. The only way to win the duel was to hit, and the only way to hit was the break his parry. Achilles would undoubtedly soak up a good chunk of his own damage, but it would be a start. He had made the assumption that this duel would end in a draw.

Sixty with Nova Ascension in six seconds, Takao deduced through careful monitoring of Calrex's attack, which used a Sword Art he was well accustomed with, and how his health dropped. I can just barely take three of those before my battle healing isn't bringing me back to max. Meteor break'll hit for sixty six without criticals, so I can take about two of those... Fifty fifty chance for battle healing to tick every six seconds... We're really bringing this duel to a battle of attrition, huh?

Under the stunning effects of Nova Ascension, Takao was unmoving. A bead of digital sweat formed on his forehead and his grin grew wider. "It's a smart tactic... safe one, too. Takin' risks when it comes to player versus player combat is dumb, so I can't blame you... But y'still got a long way t'go before I'm anywhere close to yellow, so keep 'em comin'!"

ID: 67614
BD: n/a (x + 3(ACC) - 2(EVA))
CD: 4

Takao: 1325/1385
STUNNED - Evasion temporarily reduced to 0.

ID: 67642
Battle Dice: 1 (Accuracy +3 / Evasion Negated Due to Stun) = 4 (Disregarded Due to Parry)
<<Parry>> Activated (2 Energy Used / 1 Recovered / 133 Remaining)

"Heh, you got it!"

Calrex gave a smirk and a nod at Takao's comment. The bluenette knew that playing it safe in the end was better than taking the high risk, high reward maneuvers that he could only assume many others players bet on. He had played other games where such things may have been considered viable, but the fact of the matter was that in those games measure were taken should things take a wrong turn, and in the end if you got a game over the player had extra lives or a save point they could restore from. Not here in SAO, you only had one life, and if your HP went to zero that was it. So playing cautiously served to benefit and not hinder.

He readied himself to strike again, but as he did he felt a strange sensation, almost like a second sense. It was something he had picked up on in the past, and being a veteran of many battles, both player and monster alike, it had become something he was more than aware of. It could be killing intent, or merely his body saying something was wrong, but the end result, should he have taken an attack, was that he was going to miss and leave himself exposed.

Flipping the Grand Blade II into a reverse grip Calrex gave a calming breath and triggered <<Parry>> once again, foregoing the chance for a second strike on Takao, "I guess my footing was off or something. Trying to attack just now didn't feel like a good idea."

EN: 133/144

Takao: 1325/1385

Cardinal had finally granted Takao the freedom to move as the stunned status effect wore off. He rolled his head over his shoulders and refocused on Calrex, the grin on his face persisting. He had noticed that Calrex had abstained from attacking immediately after and instead returned to settling into the parry stance, further shielding him from any damage that Takao inflicted. His fists clenched and bent at the elbow, then his legs bent slightly at the knees.

"Alright then, if y'ain't gonna attack, then I will!" He said in excited response. His right hand began to glow and shimmer, adopting a bright cerulean hue. He closed the distance between Calrex in an instant and skidded to a stop, his boots kicking up dust and debris as he brought his right fist back.

"Sorry 'bout the face!" He said just before snapping his fist forward. The blow connected with Calrex's cheek, and brought with it the full force of Takao's body as he leaned into the strike. Had the Ultramarine Knight not been so steadfast, he likely would have been knocked from his feet and send tumbling across the ground.

ID: 67645
BD: 11 (10 + 3(ACC) - 2(EVA))
CD: 10

Sword Art: «All Might»
Damage: 1(base) + 1(athletics) + 5(skill) + 6(familiar) + 2(2h bonus) + 1(ferocity) + 2(critical) = 18 * 15 = 270 / 2 = 135 - 30 = 105 / 2 = -53HP
(Achilles Reflection = 53 * 0.4 = 22 - 66(MIT) = -1HP )

Calrex: 1417/1470 (-53hp)

Takao: 1385/1385 (-1/+166)
EN: 121/138 (+1/-17)
Stun Immunity - 1/2 Turns Remaining

ID: 67663
Battle Dice: 7 (Accuracy +3 / Evasion -3) = 7
<<Meteor Break>> Activated (11 Energy Used / 1 Recovered / 123 Remaining)

"Oh geeze..."

As Calrex saw Takao's fist come towards his face the bluenette felt his <<Parry>> skill bring his arms up, capable of intercepting the attack, but the strike still caused his position to shift, sliding across the arena floor a few feet before stopping. A clear mark on his forearm, where his cheek would have been should his defenses have failed, was visible as he gave a small laugh to himself, "Thank goodness our avatars return back after recovering. I think that attack would have knocked some of my teeth clean out if it had connected with my face."

Going back on the offensive Calrex rushed forward, triggering <<Meteor Break>> as the Grand Blade II shined with the golden glow of the Sword Art. Initiating the opening charge he slammed into Takao's mid-section before unleashing the flurry of slashes which characterized the attack before dealing a leaping helm strike.

"Whelp, that left me open for an attack. I wonder how Takao is going to respond. With my Parry down, it would only make sense to press the attack while I can't defend myself."

Calrex: 1417/1470
EN: 123/144

Takao: 1297/1385 (13+1 DMG * 11 Art - 66 MIT = 88 DMG)
EN: 126/138
Stun Immunity: 1/2 Turns Remaining

"S'good we don't feel the pain either," Takao said as he slowly righted his posture, standing upright and flexing his hand. His eyes shifted to Calrex's health gauge and he smiled faintly. Through both parry and Achilles he had managed to land what he could only describe to be a scratch. No matter how minuscule, it was one less chunk of the wall he needed to take down. "I bet that wo--oh [censored]-" He had intended to continue his remark but instead found himself on the receiving end of another sword art. He had yet to find himself getting used to the experience of being charged at and assaulted with a sword, but he rarely fought opponents with the same level of intellect as another player.

Clenching his jaw tightly, Takao endured the eleven strikes and watched as his health ticked away. He had sustained a hefty chunk of damage, but that wasn't what he found himself focusing on. Calrex had left himself open for another attack and Takao was certainly not one to pass up on a good opportunity. His right leg shone and shimmered bright yellow just as Calrex completed his helm-strike. He raised his leg and snapped his leg forward, connecting a hefty blow to his opponent's side with the intention to stagger him for a short time.

Let's see how much I can do when I don't gotta worry 'bout goin' through his parry.

ID: 67680
BD: 8 (7 + 3(ACC) - 2(EVA))

Sword Art: «Full Cowl»
Damage: 1(base) + 1(athletics) + 5(skill) + 6(familiar) + 2(2h bonus) + 1(ferocity) = 16 * 9 = 144 - 30 = 114 / 2 = -57HP
(Achilles Reflection = 57 * 0.4 = 23 - 66(MIT) = -1HP )

Calrex: 1360/1470 (-57hp)
STUNNED

Takao: 1296/1385 (-1)
EN: 105/138 (+1/-17)
Stun Immunity - 0/2 Turns Remaining

ID: 67683
Battle Dice: 4 (Accuracy +3 / Evasion -3) = 4 (Disregarded Due to Stun)
Craft Dice: 12 (Battle Healing Activated)
No Action Taken (1 Recovered / 124 Remaining)

"Gah!"

As Calrex had suspected, Takao had taken the clear opportunity to strike, hitting again with his <<Martial Arts>> Sword Art. It was the exact same one as before, but as the bluenette felt his body lock up as the result of a Stun effect, he was able to quickly deduce the attack was a paralyzing attack, just like <<Nova Ascension>>. He wasn't going to be moving until the brunette got another chance to strike.

However, there was a small breath of relief. Seeing his health climb back to full, the bluenette saw that his <<Battle Healing>> had triggered, restoring his HP for more than Takao had been able to damage him, "Nonetheless, if he was able to grandmaster Martial Arts, I'm fairly sure there's an even more powerful Sword Art in his arsenal for even more damage than this one. This attack is most likely the set up."

"No kidding on the pain man. The amount of damage and physical damage we do, I would be reeling from each attack, heh. So, do you have a more powerful attack you've got ready? I heard Martial Arts got a serious boost with this latest patch."

Calrex: 1449/1470 (+89 Battle Healing)
EN: 124/144

Takao: 1297/1385 (13+1 DMG * 11 Art - 66 MIT = 88 DMG)

"You've already felt the most damage I can do without charge," Takao said in response to Calrex as he shrugged off his former sword art's post-motion rigidity and prepared for another strike, just before Calrex would be able to move again. "That first hit was a critical usin' the strongest that Martial Art's got. But this might hurt a bit more since you're not parryin'. Sorry 'bout the face again!" He said. His legs tensed and his right fist began to shine bright blue. After cocking his arm back and turning his body away, his arm snapped forward like a whip, slamming into Calrex's face. The damage dealt wasn't especially staggering even without the addition of parry, but it did drop Calrex's health back down. His own health ticked down a negligible amount as a result of the Achilles reflection.

Takao exhaled as he recovered from the strike and rolled his shoulder. "Phew... I think we're gonna end up bein' here for a while." He said after glancing at Calrex's health, which had barely moved.

ID: 67722
BD: 8 (5 + 3(ACC))

Damage: 1(base) + 1(athletics) + 5(skill) + 6(familiar) + 2(2h bonus) + 1(ferocity) = 16 * 15 = 240 - 30 = 210 / 2 = -105HP
(Achilles Reflection = 105 * 0.4 = 42 - 66(MIT) = -1HP )

Calrex: 1344/1470 (-105hp)
STUNNED

Takao: 1295/1385 (-1)
EN: 95/138 (+1/-17)

ID: 67744
Battle Dice: 4 (Accuracy +3 / Evasion -3) = 4 (Disregarded Due to Parry)
Craft Dice: 8 (Battle Healing Activated)
<<Parry>> Activated (2 Energy Used / 1 Recovered / 123 Remaining)

"Why with the face again?!"

Calrex almost gave a laugh as Takao apologized in advance for striking at his head. The bluenette could already assume that the Sword Art just made the face the main target, so there was no way he could blame his opponent for what the system does. Feeling the blow connect full force this time around the momentum forced him to go rolling across the arena floor before he bounced back to his feet.

As he checked his health he saw that a large portion of it was recovered once again from his <<Battle Healing>> skill, giving him a sigh of relief, "I guess it's good I've even got a single rank in that skill, or else Tak would be ripping through my health right now."

Hearing Takao's comment the bluenette gave a nod and a laugh, "Guess it really is a good thing we didn't go with my idea for non-enhanced weaponry, or else we'd be here until the fiftieth floor was opened."

Triggering <<Parry>> he immediately went on the defense, preparing for another incoming attack, "I may be immune to stuns for now, but Takao's cooldown should be about up. If I can get another clean hit again I may be able to get a one-two combo off."

Calrex: 1434/1470 (+89 Battle Healing)

Takao: 1295/1385

"Damn it," Takao hissed through clenched teeth. Calrex's health ticked back up and hovered near full again whilst his own battle healing had failed to activate again. But the numbers of chance were still on his side. He still hovered comfortably in the zone for complete regeneration of his health when it finally did fire off, which meant that he could continue his assault. Eventually he would run out of energy and the duel would have to conclude shortly after. Calrex could attempt to end the duel with a continuous barrage of attacks, but even he would fatigue himself.

The same attack was repeated. Another powerful strike landed true on Calrex's cheek, the damage softened by Calrex's defensive trifecta. Takao backed off and exhaled a breath, circling  counter-clockwise around Calrex by walking backward. "So, I'm a bit curious," Takao began, green eyes locked on his opponent. "How do you expect this t'end? The way I'm seein' it is this'll go on 'til we're both out of energy and call it a draw. I don't think either of us can keep up with the other's healing."

ID: 67848
BD: 8 (
7 + 3(ACC) - 2(EVA))

Damage: 1(base) + 1(athletics) + 5(skill) + 6(familiar) + 2(2h bonus) + 1(ferocity) = 16 * 15 = 240 / 2 = 120 - 30 = 90 / 45 = -45HP
(Achilles Reflection = 45 * 0.4 = 18 - 66(MIT) = -1HP )

Calrex: 1389/1470

Takao: 1294/1385
EN: 79/138 (+1/-17)

ID: 67993
Battle Dice: 5 (Accuracy +3 Disguise +1 / Evasion -3) = 6
Sword Art <<Nova Ascension>> Activated / <<Disguise>> Activated (12 Energy Used / 1 Recovered / 112 Remaining)

"You know, after the few first hits I can definitely see that happening. I believe the only thing that would change that outcome would be if either of our Battle Healing skills failed to activate. However, I guess that is a good turnout as well. It may be the only draw that's ever occurred in the arena, heh. Nonetheless, like I said I hoped to gleam some new strategies or become aware of the weaknesses in my build, so that I can adjust accordingly to keep my flaws to a minimum."

With a calming breath the bluenette saw the perfect opportunity to trigger an essentially one-off skill he had in his arsenal. Rushing forward he ducked low before triggering <<Disguise>> as his form shifted, taking the appearance of Oikawa. In that moment's opening he slipped to Takao's blind spot, the Grand Blade II shining with the blue hue of <<Nova Ascension>> once again.

Releasing the rapid barrage of nine strikes he completed with the attack once again, seeing the Stun effect had successfully been inflicted again, "I'll be able to at best get off another Meteor Break attack before I'm left open for a counter again. I'll need to see if my Battle Healing will be able to get me healed up in the meantime."

Calrex: 1389/1470
EN: 112/144

Takao: 1235/1385 (13+1 DMG * 9 Art - 66 MIT = 60 DMG / Stunned Until Next Turn)

"Y'could always set your armour to vanity and stop parrying," Takao said with a smirk, still awaiting the post-motion cool down to remove the immobility status from his person. "Then I could maybe get your health down an eighth before I'm exhausted." He was given some free range of motion, just enough to reflexively open and close his hands as he watched Calrex prepare another strike. The brunet braced for impact and withstood the full strength of Calrex's Nova Ascension, freezing him in place yet again. Stuns followed by heavy hitting sword arts were the name of their game, and logically so.

Takao's teeth ground against one another and his eyes drifted upward, glancing over the health gauge that dropped down in large chunks, only to be returned to full as his Battle Healing skill finally ticked. A quiet exhale deflated his lungs out of relief and he looked back to Calrex. "So, it seems t'me like the only real weakness to your build is damage output." Takao said, his head tilted. "It takes two of one handed straight sword's highest sword arts to out-damage my battle healing. Which means it'll take three to make any real headway. The skill has a fifty-fifty chance of ticking between your attacks, and with your accuracy canceling my evasion, I'd say it's close to a fifty-fifty chance you'll land a hit, like y'did. I think this is a draw, dude."

ID: 68094
BD: x (
x + 3(ACC) - 2(EVA))
CD: 6

Sword Art: «n/a»
Damage: 1(base) + 1(athletics) + 5(skill) + 6(familiar) + 2(2h bonus) + 1(ferocity) = x

Calrex: 1389/1470
EN: 112/144

Takao: 1385/1385
EN: 80/138 (+1)
STUNNED