{F1 Artisan Rank 7 -><- The Painter's Stones -><- Closed until further notice

• Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Shield stepped into the shop that he had visited a number of times in the past. To his knowledge, every other time, it had been a simple order. Either he was requesting a new item or buying one directly from stock. However, this time around, there was other business. Upon spotting Domarus, he raised his hand in greeting. "It's been a while," he said stepping over to the counter. "I have a bit of odd business here." He pulled up his menu and brought out two long spears.

"These are both items that are fairly hard to come by," he said, laying them on the counter. "The first has a slot each of paralysis, damage, and absolute accuracy. The second has two slots of accuracy and one of fallen. Both are capable of increasing a player's damage beyond the normal limitations of standard gear. Fallen is obviously extra damage on some hits. Absolute accuracy, when paired with the right gear, means never missing non-evasive enemies."

He made sure to outline the advantages of each, breaking down the numbers as accurately as he could before proceeding to the end business. "I will offer you whichever you prefer in exchange for the heart sticker that you received from the fight with Freylise last year. They are disappearing quickly, so for someone who deals in exotic items, it is a very useful thing for me to have around. Take you time on your decision. These are both valuable items."

Lightning Strike
ID: 98256 | 98257 | 98258
Roll: LD:18 | LD:8 | BD:10, CD:11, LD:16
Tier: 3
Type: THAS
Quality: Perfect
Enhancements: Damage I, Paralyze I, Absolute Accuracy I
Description: A long, two handed spear whose point is jagged and forked like a bolt of lightning. At the base of the tip, there is a simple design of a sturdy shield to anchor it in place.

Blade of the Fallen

Tier: 2
Type: THAS
Enhancements: Accuracy II, Fallen I
Description: A long, wicked looking spear with a three-forked head and barbs extending out in all directions below, all resting atop a black steel handle.

Edited by Shield

Domarus looked up and saw another player walk in.  This player was Shield, a merchant whom he planned to visit once he had collected enough col and items.  He smiled as the player walked in and approached the counter.  "Yes it has been my friend.  What can I do for you?  I don't have the materials I need at the current moment but-"  He stopped when the player mentioned odd business and watched carefully as he pulled open his menu and pulled out two two handed spears.  He was genuinely confused, especially when Shield began reading off the enhancements.  When he finished he mentioned the item he wanted was the heart sticker, which Domarus had been saving just in case he got a demonic drop.  He stared at Shield for the longest time before speaking, though his stare appeared to be thinking rather than frustration with the situation.

"While I would certainly love to have the fallen spear, and not to sound greedy, but this sticker is extremely valuable and I was originally planning to use it when I get my first boss drop.  Or rather one that's useful that is.  If you want it, I'm going to have to ask for a very large sum of col if possible.  I'm trying to purchase a guild hall and so far I've been doing all of the work, making it very difficult indeed.  Surely you understand, being a business man yourself?"

@Shield

It was not unusual to encounter the occasional haggler in any sort of negotiation. Shield's face remained neutral, and he squared up his shoulders with Domarus. It was not an intimidation tactic, at least not in a context like this. Domarus would know enough about Shield to know he was not the type to threaten, after all. Still, if any businessperson saw weakness in another, it could mean problems in negotiations.

"I am sympathetic to that end," he said, his gaze holding steadily forward. "I am willing to hear your proposal, and I am always willing within reason to help players who need it." His dark brown eyes did not move from Domarus' as he spoke.

Cool and rational. Understanding, to disarm any apprehensions about negotiations. But keep your business partner in check. I made an offer. Since this is going to negotiations, don't talk yourself into a corner by throwing out the starting price. Let him name a price tag and work from there.

"I don't know your level of need though," he continued, lifting a hand casually, prompting Domarus to fill in the missing information. "How much are you asking?"

Domarus watched as Shield became a bargainer, and while he smiled on the outside, he smirked inwardly.  Two could easily play at this game.  This was going to be a lot of fun, and he may end up with a better deal than he had originally planned.  He remained as honest appearing as he could, which of course was always convincing.  He could look one hundred percent honest, sound one hundred percent honest, and act one hundred percent honest, and yet be telling a full on lie.  One thing was sure, he was not going to be telling this man the exact amount he needed in order to purchase the guild hall.  He wanted to make the number he needed a very great amount indeed.  If he did that, then that would give him a slight advantage in the negotiations.

"Well, I'm in need of one hundred seventy thousand col, so if at all possible at the very least one hundred and twenty thousand col would be a perfect number as I can gather the rest from there.  I know it's a large number but that's where I'd like to start if possible.  I've spent most of my col buying more materials just to keep up with orders in this shop.  I haven't taken the new quest so I've been struggling to keep up."

@Shield

Steel walked into the shop wanting to get something to boost his stats while he waited for his blacksmithing order to be done. For now anyway, he had decided on being more of an offensive tank. He had boosted his attack with the new weapon but now he needed accuracy. "Excuse me, I have an order if you have time to complete it." He said after filling in the form that was similar to the one he filled out earlier. "Would you like me to pay up front or later when I come back to pick it up?"

Spoiler

Name: Mini Katana Trinket
Profession: Artisan
ID:  (leave blank)
Roll: (leave blank)
Item Type: Miniature Trinket
Tier: 1
Enhancements: +2 Accuracy, +1 Taunt
Description: A small keychain like item in the shape of a katana. It seems to be filled with fighting spirit.

@Domarus

Edited by Steel

"Absolutely not," Shield stated matter of factly. There was no anger anywhere in his demeanor. He did not even blink. "A guild needs facilities no doubt, but I will not put down an optimally balanced unique item along with a sum of money that is practically the equivalent of a decent house. The stickers are simply not worth that much, rarity be what it may."

He's using the 'door in the face' technique. High starting bid to make his later more reasonable numbers sound more reasonable. A smart move in any negotiation, but not an unexpected one. I've been haggling over cars and homes longer than you've been playing video games, kid. I'm not the top Merchant in Aincrad for nothing.

It did not enter into his mind to question the price tag for the guild hall. People in Aincrad often had high ambitions for their facilities. All he had to work with were the numbers on the table, and that was enough for him. He shrugged his shoulders slightly. "We can either cut the number down to thirty, or we can cut it to a forty and leave the weapons out of this entirely. If we can't do one of those things, then I'm afraid this is going to be a very short conversation."

He's definitely good he thought to himself, grinning inwardly.  If there were a way he could enlist him that would be perfect, but unfortunately he doubted it....  Though, maybe when that player was done with their guild he may have the chance.  For now however he needed to focus on bartering with this player.  He wanted the best deal possible without appearing to be a jerk about it.

"While it may be true that they are indeed unique enhancements, the one I'm choosing is a tier two weapon, and pretty soon I'll be hitting tier three.  Not to mention that I have to pay sixty five thousand col just to switch my sword art skill, just so that I can use it.  However I do understand how that is too much of a cost.  Knowing this, would you be willing in dropping the price to sixty instead?"  The item in question had a time limit, and he required even more col in order to switch his skills in order to actually use the skill.  Which if Shield would think about it, actually increased the amount of col he needed for that guild hall a very great amount.  Domarus wasn't one to ask for donations, so he would milk as much as he could from this discussion.

( @Steel I'll get to it soon but atm I have 0 mats)

"I understand the increased personal burden with changing the skill, but your logic doesn't hold as to why that enters our bargain," he observed, pointing his finger forward and moving it in an arc to mime a 'let's back up the conversation a little' motion. "If the concern is that you need Col and that it would be increasingly expensive to accept a weapon that would require you to switch skills, then that sounds like the makings of a bad deal for you. In that case, simply don't include the weapon in the negotiation. It's either something you want or it's not. It doesn't hold water to chock up a bargaining chip that I offer as a financial burden."

It was an easy kind of leap for any player to make, so Shield had no reason to suspect that it was anything other than some faulty reasoning. After all, if a player can come up with a reason why they need more Col, why not include that in negotiations? Still, he felt his own logic was in the right place.

I could hold on the spot and refuse to move with that point, but even if I'm one hundred percent sure that I'm right, it's still rude and off-putting to refuse to budge at all.

He thought over the numbers a little longer. Domarus had come down a considerable amount. Expected, given such a large initial asking price, but it was still a show of good faith to compromise with him some.

"I'll tell you what," he said, lifting his finger in the air. "If the weapon complicates your financial needs, then we can leave it out and I can meet you half way at fifty. However, if the weapon has value to you and you insist on leaving it on the table, then we can do so. However, that is a decision on your part to switch weapon skills which has no bearing on the value of the item itself. If you want the weapon, I'll need to insist on no more than thirty five."

His response will set the course for the rest of the negotiations. If he insists on the weapon, that's a sign that he's not incredibly worried about the cost of switching skills. He may even be planning to switch already, but that's impossible to speculate other than spears just being a popular weapon. Either way, if he keeps the spear, then whether he pushes me on Col or not, it's an admission that increasing his combat stats is a strong motivator for him. That's all the more reason to hold him where I am on the Col. He got a little bit of money out of me, and I'm alright with that.

If he leaves the weapon out, then he can have the extra Col. If that's his choice, we'll probably split the difference and settle at fifty five.

• 1 month later...

Sharr entered the shop of the rumored best Artisan of all Aincrad, Domarus.'Well he did say I can still buy stuff from him' Sharr thought remembering what happened in a certain tavern in a time he would not dare forget. "Hey! Mister Domarus!" Sharr called as he entered the shop. "Here is the order I promised you back then!" He said as he made his way to the counter and presented Domarus with a paper containing his order. Sharr then quickly transferred his payment right away.

Spoiler

Name:  Greed's Weight
Item Type: Trinket
Enhancements: Recovery +1 | Expertise (Searching) +1

Description: a gold chain wrapped around his neck, one end of which is clipped to his right ear and the other to a weight in the shape of a Gold Ball. The chain glows along with the wearer's eyes when searching for Dungeons, Chests, or Players, and when gathering for loot and materials.

"See? It suits me right yeah? But it also makes me look a little flashy, don't you think?"

-7 T1 Mats Sent to @Domarus (PS: Accidentally sent you 7 Col too.)

Edited by Sharr

Reinholt had decided it was time to upgrade his vanity eyepatch to a perfect quality trinket. He could use the stat boost and had some extra Col, so he decided to go to one of the better artisans he had heard about. He enters the shop, nodding toward the shop keeper. He quietly browses the shop for a few moments, before walking to the counter and fetches a folded peice of paper from a pocket. He unfolds it and lays it on the counter. "I'd like to order a commission. A tier 1, perfect quality item. From what I've heard of the shop, I look forward to the finished product." He smiles as he renders payment for the item. "Just shoot me a message or something when it's done. Thanks again!" He says as he leaves the shop.

Spoiler

Name: Shield-Wolf's Eyepatch 
Item Type: trinket
Enhancements: +3 Acc
Description: A normal looking black leather eye patch with a metal emblem on it.(emblem pictured)

sketch-1523927550225.thumb.png.5db7853a8e920e334a762b60af01abc4.png

(Payment sent)

Edited by Reinholt

Blood smirked, her eyes savage as she looked into her inventory. Once again, at the completion of a quest, she had gone up more than one level and as a result, she had gotten far stronger than she was the day before. Now, she had the col that she can use to complete her set-up for the time being. She had thought that she had forgotten the sensation of killing, but she realized that she was wrong. Just the idea of killing was enough to draw saliva from her mouth, but after the killing was done, Blood realized that it was simply not enough to satisfy her. There were no real blood, and the red marks that represented it were not realistic enough to satisfy her carnal wishes. Killing slow, red trolls was too boring, so she needed something tougher to challenge, and in order to secure her own safety, she needed the equipment to do so. Blood's red eyes glared and illuminated the night of the seventh floor as she slowly walked to an artisan shop that she had heard of before. This was the first time that she had come on this floor, not that it would make a difference anyway. She was here to request for something and immediately get out, without even talking with the owner of the shop. The necessity at which her identity must be kept from spreading is far too important for her to risk giving herself away.

Smack was the sound that the door made when Blood forcefully taped a piece of paper with a nicely written note on it:

Mr. Artisan,

Please craft the ring that I will boost my accuracy. I have heard of your prices and have attached the payment below. Once you craft it, please leave it out so I can pick it up after the shop closes at night. I will check the door every night.

With that, she nodded and turned away. Once it was complete, she would go out with her new katana and several of her new equipment to fight tougher bosses and obtain better rewards. This was the pattern... Purchase and destroy. Soon, she shall reach the top, and there was not a single person who can do anything about it.

-800 Col

Spoiler

Name: Assassin's Eye
Item Type: Ring (Jewelry)
Enhancements: 3x Accuracy
Description: A ring that enables a killer to become better at striking the target at exactly where it hurt, hence causing the most destructive injuries on the most vulnerable place.

@Domarus

Arabelle stared up at the shop's sign vacantly. She had been...quite lackluster with her questing lately, and she wanted to make up for it. Because it was something she should've done earlier, even before she took the Performer quest. And if she did, she could've prevented...whatever unexplained tragedy that had just happened to one of her friends. She cleared out those thoughts with a shake of her head and entered the player's shop.

A player (NPC?) in a maid outfit greeted her. A maid of all things. But this maid wasn't @Domarus (hopefully). She wouldn't be wearing a maid outfit if she were. Arabelle cautiously watched the snake curled around the woman's shoulders as she smiled. "I need a few things crafted. Both tier one, perfect crafts. Um, here are the details," she handed the maid two already-accomplished order forms, still watching the snake warily. "Oh, and here's the payment. I'll come back for my order tomorrow. Is that alright with you?"

Name: Fione's Last Wish
ID:  
Roll: 
Item Type: Jewelry (brooch)
Enhancements: 2 Accuracy, 1 Evade
Description: [Image] A pure black phoenix carrying an egg made of black rhinestone. The wearer does not wish to explain the craft's peculiar name.

Name: Searcher's Odds
ID:  
Roll: 
Enhancements: 3 Loot Die
Description: [Image] A simple six-sided die dangling from a chain. With this, the dice will always be in the wearer's favor.

- 1,600 Col

Edited by Arabelle

Domarus was lagging way behind.  To many things had happened outside of the shop that he had to deal with and now he was backed up like no one's business.  He decided to handle Shield first and walked over to him.

"Apologies, but at the moment I don't think I'll be making the deal.  I've been thinking about changing my build, and this item may help me with that in the future.  I'll have to put a hold on this arrangement until I have a better understanding of where I'll be headed in terms of gear in the future, if that isn't a problem with you."  Domarus reached out to shake hands with the man if he was willing in friendship.  Once the player departed he watched others walk in with their orders.

"Keres can you talk with them?  I need to craft the original requests as soon as possible."  Keres bowed with a smile and turned to talk with them while Domarus worked.  Keres saw the first player who had already walked in and recognized him from the description Domarus gave.  She grinned as she bowed at the counter.

"Ah so it's you~  Domarus told me about you from that little event.  Said he was keeping tabs on you and your friends.  So what may we do for you?"  When he gave her the order she nodded.

"Domarus is in the middle of catching up as for items, he has five items that need to be crafted, six including yours."  Then she saw an order and note someone had left and giggled when she saw it.  She was very interested to see how Domarus would react to this.  Probably have Rhozarth watching for her outside each night.  Another player walked into the shop, a girl this time.  When she asked her if she could come back tomorrow for the order Keres gave a sad smile.

"Master Domarus has about nine crafts to make now with your orders miss, so I'm afraid you'll need to be patient with him if at all possi-"  She heard the sound of a perfect item being made.

"Well~  Make that eight items!  We'll message you soon as the item is ready ok ma'am?"

"Spangie, I apologize for the wait.  In return, I made your item a perfect.  Extra enhancement is compensation for the wait."

Spoiler

ID#  99817  CD:  7  Uncommon

ID#  99818  CD:  4  Salvaged

ID#  99819  CD:  6  Uncommon

ID#  99820  CD:  1  Fail

ID#  99821  CD:  1  Fail

ID#  99822  CD:  12  Perfect

ID#  99823  CD:  6  Uncommon

ID#  99824  CD:  2  Fail

ID#  99825  CD:  11  Rare

Materials Consumed:  8

Total EXP:  

Crafted:  3 Uncommon, 1 Rare, 1 Perfect     Pending

Spoiler

@Spangie

Name : Golden Spectacles

Profession : Artisan

ID : 99821

Roll : 11

Item Type : Trinket

Quality : Perfect

Enhancements : 2+ Accuracy 1 Keen

Description : A spectacle made from copper and painted over with gold. It has multiple lenses, switching them changes your view in range, whether it be closer or far away. It has small and thin silvery lines swirling on the rims of the spectacles.

Edited by Domarus

Domarus worked hard trying to craft all the items he owed players.  He was seriously behind with everything going on and needed to catch up.  Domarus went into his crafting room and pulled out his materials.  He began to start crafting.  Most of the items weren't worth noting, as they rarely were without a proper item to give him a little boost to his crafting roll.  While it was unfortunate, there truly wasn't much Domarus could do otherwise.  He soon managed to craft the frontliner Calrex' item, and went to message him.  When he did he would have Keres present it to him.  As always she made the choice to wear a maid outfit when giving it to him and would smile as she did so.  She was a weird one for certain..

@Calrex

Spoiler

Name: Rebellion of Sapphire
ID:  100104
Roll: CD:  12
Item Type: Lucky Charm
Enhancements: Evasion +3
Description: 
A lucky charm that seems designed to be worn as either a necklace of wrist charm due to the adjustable strap on it. The string itself isn't something notable, being a simple black string, but the actual pendant is. A snowflake-like design of amethyst purple shade serves as the base template. At the center of the design is an interlocked straight sword and katana, with four quadrants being depicted holding a kite shield, battle axe, crossed arms, and a knight's helm (top left clockwise respectively). Each one is a light shade of purple to stand out against the frame and seems to have a glint of sapphire blue when held up in certain light sources.

While the strong itself seems normal, carved into it is a series of small letters that form the phrase, "Grace and strength on the battlefield."

ID#  100104  CD:  12  - Perfect Item

Edited by Domarus

After receiving a message about her item, Spangie entered the shop hesitantly, checking up on it. “I-oh, there was really no need to put more work on your shoulders but thank you!” She grinned, giving a small bow. She placed the item in her inventory and gave a small wave as she exited the shop. “Thank you, I’ll definitely come back soon!” A warm smile on her face. “Thanks again!”

- Recieved Golden Spectacles

@Domarus

Edited by Spangie

Rei-nholt enters the shop for the second time. He nods to the Player minding the shop, but he was in a rush so he immediately starts to look for the item he wanted. He saw it last time and should of bought it then, but ultimately decided to just place a custom order. Finding the item he wants he nods, grabbing the spurs and going to the counter. He sets the Spurs on the counter and smiles at the player. "I'd like to rent these for awhile. Thanks!" He fills out the required forms and hurriedly leaves the shop with a wave.

Item:

Spoiler

Name: Wind Spurs
ID:  87313
Roll: 10  -9+1=10-
Quality: Rare
Enhancements: +2 ACC
Description: A pair of silver spurs that enhances the speed of the wearer.  If wearer uses charge while wearing these spurs, they feel like they are gliding along the wind.

Threads used in:

Spoiler

Paid

Edited by Reinholt
  • 1 month later...

Having just ordered a new weapon Woe thought a trinket could also be beneficial in his future quests. He walked into the charming store and inspected the artisan's prices, stock, and enchantments. He rubbed his chin in thought, considering what would go best with the sword that he had purchased. He thought for a few more moments before taking out his quill and parchment writing down the details of the amulet he wanted. "Excuse me, I'd like to place an order for this amulet please" Woe handed the artisan the parchment and exchanged the 800Col as payment for the item. "I believe this is enough"

@Domarus

-800 Col

Spoiler

Name: Amulet of the Forsaken
Item Type: Amulet
Quality:  Perfect
Enhancements: +3 Accuracy 
Description

Spoiler

latest?cb=20170826040656

Edited by Woe

@Steel @Sharr @Reinholt @Blood @Arabelle @Spangie @Woe

I am so sorry for not getting your orders finished..  My life has been a bit hectic lately and I haven't been able to get to it x-x

If any of you don't want your order please let me know.  If you don't want the order anymore and already moved your col/mats over to me let me know and I'll return it.