{PP-F1} Scars and Vows -Esther and Myself-

Esther asked about no more tears and he smiled at her.

"No more tears I promise."  He looked at his mom after he asked the question.  The woman nearly giggled.  

"It's pretty obvious actually.  Look at you two!  Your so adorable together!  And clearly you care for each other deeply!  You only care for someone this much if you love them dear!  Harken, I'm so happy for you."  Domarus looked at his mother before looking at Esther.  Esther looked a bit confused but he wasn't sure why.  Was it because his mother had just emerged?  Was something on her mind?  He couldn't tell.  But....  Neither did he want to know.  All he wanted was her kindness.  Her gentleness and..

"...  Hey mom?  What is love?  I mean, what is it like?"  His mother smiled sadly to him.  Of course he didn't know.  She wasn't able to be there for him.  It was just his father.  And he wasn't the nicest man around.

"When you feel your heart skip.  When you feel happy around someone special.  When you are wiling to do anything for someone, even sacrifice yourself for them?  You're in love sweetheart."  Itzal listened to his mother and thought about his reactions thus far towards Esther.  He had done anything he could to protect or comfort her.  Anything she asked thus far he provided.  Any way he knew how he would comfort her or please her.  Whenever she was around him it was hard to stay in a dark, manipulative mood.  Especially now.  He felt.  Happy.  Content.  Just to have Esther with him made him happy.  And his mother here made it all the better.  His cheeks reddened a little bit more as he continued to lean against Esther.  His mother smiled and gestured for him to continue.

"....Hey uh, Esther?  Um......  I need to ask you something...."

@Esther

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Esther was growing increasingly more uncomfortable with the situation. She felt like she was intruding on his inner most private and intimate thoughts and desires, granted, that's what the potion did - but Esther didn't expect it to have such an effect on him, she didn't expect it to completely twist him into a different person. If she had known....would she have done it? Would she have subjected him to this? What would Domarus say, when he came to? Esther bit her lip, she stopped running her hands through his hair, instead she started rubbing his arms. 

Domarus started talking to his mum again and Esther kept quiet. She didn't know what his 'mother' was saying, but they were discussion love it seemed. Such a concept, Esther knew love, she felt loved by her family, her friends, but she didn't quite get it in the romantic sense. Esther was one to love many people, yet to fall for any one person? it was such a foreign concept.

"Mmm? Ask me something? what did you need?"

Domarus continued to rest his head against her.  Such peace.  Such tranquility.  Such happiness.  He never felt more content.  All his greed was void in this very moment.  All his focus was on Esther and Esther alone.  His mother had gestured him to go and say it but it was still difficult.  A little embarrassing but only a little.  And he wondered how Esther would respond.  Would she think he was insane?  Would she simply stare at him?  Would she say yes?  Each answer held it's own weight and future.  Domarus wasn't exactly sure what would happen.  This was completely unpredictable.  And strangely he wasn't afraid or nervous about what might happen.  Sure if she said no then he would be grieved but that was just it wasn't it?  The anticipation, the expectation.  The excitement that came from plunging into the unknown.  He supposed it wasn't as bad as he originally thought.  At least, not with Esther.  Never with Esther.  He took a deep breath.

"If I said I loved you....  Could you say the same back?"  There, the question was asked.  It wasn't directly saying it but it did hold some of the feelings he felt.  He wondered if she could even answer the question.  She had mentioned before how she did not know much about what actual love felt like.  Hopefully she would have some feeling towards him though.  He could only hope.  The thought sent a little extra blush to his cheeks but he could se his mother smiling and looked to Esther with Domarus' same hopes.

@Esther

There was a strained silence between Esther and Domarus. There was the sounds of Keres preparing meals in another room, and the slight shuffle of the material as Esther continued to rub his arms. Esther was nervous, worried about Domarus mental state. She couldn't voice it, not right now.  Esther glanced downward, into Domarus' eyes - even with the starry glimmer, they held such a fire. Such a warmth. 

Then, the question was asked.

Esther wasn't sure how to respond to that. "If you said you...." Esther stopped rubbing his shoulders, she pulled away from him so she could probably look into his features. Waiting for some sort of sign that it was a joke, a smirk, a wink...anything, but he wasn't. He was serious, and it was so difficult for Esther. What did she feel? What was it that she felt when she was with Domarus...? 

"Domarus..." Her words were slow, and for once in her life, calculating. "You have an amazing warmth. I've said it before - you're like the physical embodiment of fire. Your fierceness, your ability to capture the attention of all those around you - your crimson gaze." She pressed her hand to his head, once again brushing his stubborn bangs away from his eyes. "Your presence, is very much like a fire too, you heat up those around you - you blaze through everything before you in an unrelenting torrent of destruction, but at the same time, you bring an undeniable peace and pleasure to those who get close enough to you..." 

Esther sighed, "And what I feel...." She bit her lip. "mmm...when I am around you, I am happy. There is no denying that. I want to be able to help you, I want to see you smile, but there are times - where I am a little afraid of you. You have this anger, and all these manipulative plans and hidden agendas...DOmarus..."

Esther took a deep breath, "You ask me - if you said you loved me, could I say the same back. The truth is, I don't think I can - because I cannot irrefutably and unfathonably give you an unconditional answer like that. Not when I don't know what it is I need to feel - I couldn't do that to you but...I do know I care for you Domarus, greatly so, and I'll do all I can to ensure your happiness stays with you."

Esther leaned forward, and pressed her lips to his. 

"That's a promise." She said, pulling away.

Domarus listened to Esther speak and his feelings were a mix of slight sadness but mainly happiness and understanding.  She said she couldn't respond when she didn't know what she was suppose to feel.  It was an understandable feeling that he could relate to.  When she kissed him though it meant everything to Domarus.  He held it as long as Esther allowed and when she pulled away he was content.  He heard movement to his left and heard his mother speak.

"She's such a wonderful woman Harken.  I hope things turn out well for you two in the future."  Domarus turned to his mother, and as he did the galaxy faded away from his eyes.  You aren't real are you? he thought.  It was the potion.  His mother gave a sad smile.

"Yes my dear.  But I helped answer your question.  And know that while I may not have been there to see you grow up, I loved you, and would have loved you all the way.  Your my son.  And nothing can change that."  When he blinked she was gone.  The beautiful woman whom resembled him.  Was gone again.  But that was alright.  He leaned his head against Esther's shoulder, closed his eyes, and held her hand with his own, the warmth moving between the two players codes.

"It's ok.  I can wait.  As long as you're here with me Esther, I'll be fine.  And I will do my all to protect you as well as ensure your own happiness.  On that I swear.  Thank you Esther.  Thank you.

@Esther

The potion finally seemed to wear off. Esther breathed a sigh of relief when it seemed that it didn't seem to have too much of a negative effect on him. It just seemed to make him tired.  "Domarus...." He leaned the entirety of his weight onto her and Esther struggled for a moment, before she regained her composure. She shifted him, guiding his had to her lap. "You're still tired right?" She crooned, gently running her hand across his forehead. "It's ok, it exhausted me too - it takes a lot out of you, huh?"

Esther grinned, as he said he'd ensure her own happiness too. "So, that's a deal then mm Domarus we'll keep a close eye on each other ok?" She continued to grip his hand with her own, and with her free hand, she lightly traced the contours of his face. "Domarus, I know you may just be falling asleep right now, but are you ok - after the potion I mean...?" 

Domarus let out a very thankful and comforted sigh as Esther led his head to her lap.  She asked if he was tired and while he couldn't nod or shrug he simply said yes.  She told him it was a deal and he shook his head ever so slightly.

"No.  I've made deals all my life Esther.  Just this once.  I don't want anything to do with business.  No deals.  No contract.  No favors and such.  I just want us to do it."  He heard Esther ask him if he was ok.  He sighed.

"Esther...  For the first time ever..  I actually saw my mother.  Even if it wasn't real, I've always struggled to imagine what she'd look like.  This cardinal system can see my memories is what I'm guessing.  And with that it can pull up an accurate description of my mother from a memory I can't recall.  Not only that but..  It showed me how I feel towards you.  Esther, I'm better than I ever have been.  Thank you for that."  With that Domarus slowly fell into a deep sleep, resting in Esther's lap, caressed by her hands.  Keres opened the door and was extremely shocked to see this scene.  It even took her a few moment's to compose herself.  When she did she grinned at Esther.

"I think you two would make an excellent couple mistress!"

@Esther

Summary

Each member gains 2 sp, 400 col

Edited by Domarus