The SAO 3.0 Wishlist

Hello everyone, hope you're all doing well, and hopefully are still alive! As you may, or may not, already know, the staff is currently working on re-working the system to fix, balance, and spruce up our system! This has been dubbed "SAO 3.0" and we would like to know what things you would like to see in the new system.

Here in this thread, please feel free to put up your five (or top five if you have more than that) things you would like to see in SAO 3.0. Take note, of course, that this is a wishlist, not a contest or anything like that, so some things might not work with it. However, we would like to know what the community wants to see, and to see if there is a way we can work with it. Of course, we're only a small handful of individuals, so new ideas and perspectives are welcomed!

~ Your Friendly PST Member, Calrex

Completely forgot my own wishlist, haha.

1. Connected quests/events - Certain events where the actions of one thread can directly influence the progression of another, like the success of one mission helps to aid the success of another.

2. More Extra Skills/Skills - We just got a bunch with the recent update, if adding more will be a good way to give more variety and potential to character builds to make them stand out from others. An idea might be that a skill of the same name can have different effects depending on which weapon skill you use dominantly.

3. Perfecting Skills/Arts - More than Grandmastering, it would be neat to be able to improve ones skills even further if they continue to hone or train it (determined by usage rather than an SP investment). So for example, if you use one particular Sword Art very often, you may be able to increase its effectiveness because you've used it enough times to learn nuances about it.

4. Continued Balancing of Builds - Self-explanatory XD. I'm sure a lot of effort is being done on it.

5. More Content - Just overall, haha.

Going through the number of changes that were in line with suggestions Oikawa and I discussed in the skills and mods, I am satisfied with the general direction. Of course, improved notions of customization are always welcome, and I'd love to see a build system wherein a character can be completely different from other characters of the same archetype based on preference. A streamlined system, certainly, but one that encourages individualism. (I've been reading way too much Hayek.)

For weapons, I like that two handers deal more damage for the defensive trade off. I'd like to see things to a point where they have different attributes beyond what skills are offered. I'm more than willing to discuss and offer ideas on that matter via PM.

I'd additionally like to see a proper economy implemented (because of course you do, T.p.)

With how the frontlines are going, its still gonna take some time for players to become relevant. I was thinking maybe after hitting a certain level; 25/50. That a player can respec into a secondary skill set with half of their available SP available.

So like, you would have one skill set which would be your main set in your profile.

Then once you hit the right level, you would simply divide your SP by half and you would be able to create an entire new skill set. This will make players much more versatile and able to fill in extra roles that we would otherwise not have. Also, it adds a bit more theorycrafting for players who might want more of a PvP build; IE Player Killers or those who strictly are in it for the PvE side and wanna do something tanky or DPS. 

Just a thought I had. 

36 minutes ago, NexusRequiem said:

From the perspective of a new member looking in. Should I make a character and get started now? Or should I sit back and wait for this "SAO 3.0"?

It will effect the entire populace. Might as well start your character now and get a feel for how things work, worse case scenario, everyone will be relearning how to do things and started from the same point. Should you feel it necessary to start a new character though, you are free to have more than just one. There a few people who juggle different characters here. 

7 hours ago, NexusRequiem said:

From the perspective of a new member looking in. Should I make a character and get started now? Or should I sit back and wait for this "SAO 3.0"?

Definitely go ahead and get started now. We'll be allowing a respec when 3.0 comes out, so you can always try things out, and if you're not happy with it, you'll be able to change it when 3.0 comes out.

1. MORE SUPPORT CHOICES! Atm there is only First aid skill and field medic mod. Support is so much more then healing thou. Some tips: Energy recovery (gives target +X amounts of energy/rank with a mod like First aid, giving the GM amounts/2 to your whole party with a cooldown.). Temporary Mitigation/Evasion/Damage increase or same against mob decrease. Mods giving to whole party. Mitigation GM either whole party X amounts of turns mit increase or 1 turn Safeguard (Depending on CD roll?). After seeing what the staff is capable of to do, I guess there is alot more you can come up with :)

2. Achivements. Like do 1 thread on each floor 1-10, 11-20, 21-30 etc, Unlock a chest, Find your first LD 25+ item. GM 1st, 5th.... skill, GM proffession, do X amounts of quests, be in X amounts of floor-boss-fights and so on.

Not surprised if you already are working on this. But I think I should add them if you dont:

3. Make skills scale with lvl/tier in some way, like enchantments maybe. Armour+block skills gives 80 Mitigation for 100 SP. Heavy armour at tier 3 gives you 81, same amount from 1 perfect item.

Also wonder if there is a date when the SAO 3.0 will be released? A few weeks/months, a year?

Going off of Zandra's idea...

I would like to see a Support role mods that utilized 'in the moment' Mob Debuffs, a random roll will drop Mob Dmg by x, or drop mitigation by x. Also some debuff roles for Floor Raids. Of course they would be temporary debuffs lasting only x turns. 

Weaken Debuff: -x Dmg / lasts x turns / Takes a Post Action Roll
Armor Break Debuff: - x Mit / lasts x turns / Post Action Roll
Poison Buff on Player: Casting a Poison effect on a Players Weapon / 50/50 chance on roll of succeed and failure
Paralyze Buff on Player: Casting a Para effect on a Players Weapon: Same above
Bleed Buff on Player: Same as above

Other Mods can include Temp Unique or Demonic Buffs/Debuffs for a Single round in combat. 

Just some more ideas going with the idea of Support. 

These don't really have to do with the systems... They're just things I think would provide players with more stuff to do. xD

Monster arena please.

Also organized tournaments and team based tasks like the snowflake gathering challenge. 

Also an event that has something to do with these:

"Churches of the Dead (One of many large decayed old churches abandoned and unoccupied throughout SAO. Though no one enters them, as they are guarded by an immortal object known as 'Charon the Ferryman', a statue as decayed and old as the churches they guard, who will only allow the person who answers his riddle to enter.)" 

And update the rumor board for stuff other than the unique skills. Maybe. Idunno. Like trying to track down rare monsters or gear or NPCs might be cool, but keeping them like private quests for the person who buys the info along with a chance of them being false. xD

These are suggestions for the Profession system, I hope they're not too convoluted.

Sub-professions

When you achieve a milestone in your current profession (reaching Rank 10 for example) you'd gain access to a sub-profession, which you could only rank up to a maximum of Rank 5. This would give people an incentive to take 'dead' professions (sorry Fisherman), seeing as they'd still have access to their main job.

I don't have much else to add. v_v Achieving Rank 10 as a milestone is only an example to get the main point across.

Profession 'perks'?

I don't quite know how to word this one, so bear with me. Essentially, each time a player ranks up their profession to an even number (Rank 2, 4, 6, etc) they'd be given the choice of various 'perks', of which they could only chose one, to be permanently applied to their profession (think Stardew Valley's professions). For example, once reaching Rank 2 they might be given the choice between '+1 CD to first craft of the day' or '+2 EXP to first craft of the day'.

That's all I have to say, looking forward to the update! ^.^

• 2 weeks later...

There is consumables to increase dmg, mit, LD, BD, col multiplier, CD when crafting, Exp when crafting. But there is no bonus to CD when rolling for first aid but there is an item upgrase.

My wish is a Combat craft-consumables. Maybe work like herbs. Rare gives +1

• 3 weeks later...

Something that'll kick the tank meta in the bum. (idk, maybe some kind of MIT penetration enhancements being common instead of it being rare. Not necessarily phase, as this could be a lesser percentage or something instead of the whole 50% ya know?)

Also something that'll give muse. x.x Been empty for months now. :s Calrex, pls share.

Also still pushing for variety between crafting consumables and non consumables. Crafters that make consumables spend waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay more mats than the latter and it really kills the muse. (trust me) My take on this was perhaps increase the cost of the non-consumable production, or maybe let crafters get more out of the 1 consumable. (perhaps a skill or skill more or something which lets us make 2 potions or food out of 1 material.)

I really liked the whole monthly bosses thing, but got it out of hand was how it was handled. Perhaps get a small team to work on the monthly bosses so the game masters don't get swamped. They could come up with the ideas and put it forward to the GMs. They'll control the bosses. This way, we can probably have a couple of different bosses running at the same time (maybe different bosses?) and keep the groups smaller.

I think that it would be really cool to have skills reconfigured into a skill tree of sorts, with different paths that players could go down to unlock new skills. It would definately be a big undertaking and take a while, but i think it would be really cool. I love making new builds and I think some sort of skill tree would really add a new depth to builds.

• 1 month later...

This might just be wishful thinking on my part and not possible, but I am going to put it out there anyways. I noticed that there's only one way to turn a player's cursor from danger orange to safe green and that being the "Redemption" quest which as you guys all know can only be done once. I would very much like for there to be some more means to change the cursors back to green or perhaps make the Redemption quest repeatable with some restrictions to balance it out. Otherwise the sheer number of quests that would turn a cursor orange would just be disadvantageous, but that's just my opinion...

oh okay then, so basically the best way to handle that is to do all those high risk quests and then go for the redemption to change the cursor back to green from the orange it would become by doing those quests?

Btw, this isn't so much a suggestion as a question, but is the banking system introduced in the beta a few weeks back going to be part of the permanent 3.0 update too? I like how the system worked, so if you guys could include that in the updates, that would be great.

Yes, that system will become permanent with the 3.0 changes.

There should not be many quests that have the potential to cause a player to go orange, that being said with the way things are now, going orange is an intentional choice by the player, if not by the character, and this is the consequence.