The SAO 3.0 Wishlist

1 minute ago, Domarus said:

Two hqnded war hammer.  If im not mistaken this is actually canon in the anime.  you could make the greatsword a balanced weapon, the 2h spear a stun based, 2h ax an aoe based, and the 2h hammer damage based.  

I havent been here long and it may not be the best idea, but ill add to it when i have more time.

Wouldn't it make more sense for 2h spear to be damage, and 2h hammer to be stun?

I am looking for a balance pass before 3.0, but that'll be one of the reasons it gets pushed out.

To bring up the ideas that I seen Rain had, I am pretty sure everyone liked when we had monthly bosses and events and more engagements. People seemed more alive as well as this site. We perhaps could have an idea team in which these players would bring up ideas for events, bosses and quests. Since I know the GM's are swamped they would approve, disapprove or fix up the quests and perhaps this team could run the bosses. They would not be like an all the time thing like monthly bosses, but more of season or holiday bosses. 

I guess what I am trying to get at is make the system a little more alive. The updates are very nice, but more additions. I am pretty sure if you are Calrex, you pretty much have nothing new to RP with. 

Seasonal bosses are definitely something we'll be picking up again. Things always slow down during Christmas time as people travel to be with their families and students hit finals then go home. One of the things I want to focus on personally is the lower level player experience, since most new content tends to fallow the progression.

• 2 weeks later...

Lockpicks <consumable item>

Skill <energy regeneration>

So first off, Lockpicks.  I think this might be a good idea for two reasons:  First off, using the item can help assist a player in getting some loot from a chest.  Not only that, but if the player lacks the picking skill, (if staff is ok with this) using this item gives the player the ability to try picking it anyways.  This is just a thought and idea, could be a +1 one slot item, or a 2-3 slot.  The second benefit is that it gives blacksmiths a consumable that they can sell (unless throwing knives are accepted, then it would be 2)

As for the energy regeneration, I feel like either the sword arts drain too much energy, or energy regeneration in combat is almost pointless, unless players are fine with doing nothing for multiple posts trying to get back to a sword art that can effect their opponent.  That's why I think there could be a skill that works like battle healing, except it recovers energy instead.

Again these are all ideas and I'm just throwing them out there ^-^

You mean like meditation?

Meditation: (Extra Skill)

5 Ranks

Post Action

Effect:

Recover X Energy on natural CD rolls of 10+ (X=Rank Level)

Description: Recover small amounts of energy in battle. The amount recovered is X. Not affected by Combat craft enhancement.

Quest: Calming the Soul

Between that, and the mods that lessen the energy you use, you can actually regen a good bit of energy, mathematically. Now, you can't spam AoE, but then, we don't want you to either. It's a fine line.

I like it, I've been looking for a way to make chests more accessible. I'll have to play with it, balance wise, however.

Ideally, I want an average person to be able to get average results, and for it to be valuable for someone to sink A LOT of SP into the skill for it to be worthwhile. So it may be something like, if you use a lockpick, but don't have the picking skill, your results would be capped.